Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Rynith's Teepee (Malis Vitterfolk) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:39 am
Berry Juice and Swan Feathers - Dr. Who and Thorn

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
User Image

Thorn stood on the banks of the frozen river watching as small drifts of powdered snow blew across it. She shivered in memory of her icy plunge into the water just a few days ago. She wondered if the holes in the ice had frozen over again. Not that it mattered. The ice would be scarred and imperfect now, broken things never returned to how they were originally.

She turned her face into the biting wind letting it lift her silky mane to play with it. She snorted letting a small cloud of warm breath escape before pulling her head back not wanting her ebony locks to tangle. When the only response she got from the air was it blowing harder she stomped her hoof into the frozen hoof. "Let go immediately or you will be very sorry!" She snapped, dark eyes narrowing.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I assure you Madam, I do not hold anything of yours?" A concerned face appeared from almost behind her with a wide smile on his face. "You looked a little cold so I thought to come and interests you in a windbreak but if you wish I shall depart?" He left the question fading away into the wind before frowning at the sky. "I do feel a storm brewing in my bones, but then who knows in this odd place. I do miss England so... it was much wetter there. Though I doubt you would appreciate the wet here, much colder it seems now-a-days." He would have rambled on but at that moment the wind chose that a scarf should interrupt his dialog by whisking one end across his face.

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
Her entire body tensed when a voice answered that was not her own. She would have to deal with the wind later. Keeping her legs planted firmly where they were she turned her head just enough to see who had snuck up on her like that. She opened her mouth, her face taking up an annoyed expression, to answer that she was not cold but the stranger didn't pause long enough for her to get anything out. Her first reaction was to snap at him for asking a question and not letting her answer. After a few moments of his mad rambling, however, all Thorn was able to do was stand there looking annoyed with a curious eyebrow raised.

What was England? A place from the way he spoke. So where was this England? Was it somewhere in the village? She wanted to ask but at the same time all she wanted to say was that he should leave.

As the wind picked up again she finally got her opportunity to speak as the strange bit of cloth wrapped around his yammering mouth. "Are you finished?" She asked not caring if he was or not. She was not required to wait, no, everyone else was but not her. "You talk far too much for your own good. Now tell me, where is this London place?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Well M'lady, I can either be quiet or tell you about England but unfortunately I am unable to do both." He smiled again, pale blue eyes twinkling. After stomping down on one of the ends of his scarf he tucked the other away onto his back before continuing. "England is where I am from, but you may already know a little about that as you seem to know about London. So many tall buildings there, and a bridge that spans the river that is as wide as the largest one we have here." He flicked his ears as the wind came whistling through before adding, "I cam across the water in a large blue boat... such a long time it took but I am finding out that the trip was worth it. There are so many interesting things here to see!"

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
She was quiet again. Listening to what he had to say despite wanting so badly to tell him just what was on her mind. Buildings? What were buildings and what was a ship and a bridge? What were those things? When he said across the water did her mean the great water? He had to. The lake was not that large and only took a day at the most to get around. So there were other places across the great water. Other places with ships and bridges whatever those were. As her mind started filling up with questions she wanted to ask she realized he had stopped talking.

Finally it was her chance to speak and finally make the remark she hadn't wanted to from the very beginning. Dark eyes locked on bright blue and she smiled in a falsely sweet way. "Of course you can." She said tossing her head with the arrogance she had been known for in her herd. "All you do is be silent when I say so and speak when I ask you a question. It's simple isn't it? Now, what is a ship, a bridge and a building?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I do love a take-charge lady, very pleasant change from the many females who can never seem to make her mind. Well then, if you wish to know about ships, bridges and buildings, if I may I shall show you." Springing to the side as if he was a young colt once more he bent down and picked up a leaf. Squinting an eye at the wind he carefully dug a channel in the dirt before covering part of it with the leaf and sticking it there with two twigs. "See... imagine this was a wide river and the leaf would be the bridge. In this way we can cross the water without getting wet!" He strutted across an imaginary bridge before turning back. "Buildings are large teepees that can fit many people at once and ships are like this leaf only cupped the other way and can float on the water."

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
He was, very strange to say the least. Did all stallions from England act so strangely or was it just him? There really was no point in even considering it. There were only two ways to find out about others and that was to either ask about them or go find them. Neither of these options appealed to her in anyway. She did not like social contact in most cases. There were a fair few she enjoyed entertaining but those few had unearthly beauty and this stallion...was not one of those few. She would have left by now if not for her curiosity.

She stopped her mind where it was and took a few steps closer to better see what the odd stallion was doing. The sooner her curiosity was satisfied the sooner she would be able to leave.

"The leaf is a bridge?" She asked giving him a blank stare. Leaves were flimsy and while she understood that it was only an example the leaf seemed an odd choice for a material. A leaf as a boat made sense, leaves floated well even if there was a bit of water in them and a large teepee being a building made sense. People lived in teepees so that would mean people lived in buildings too. A leaf as a bridge though? That made no sense. The bridge would be easily broken if it were like a leaf. "Are all people in England fools? Who would make a bridge out of leaves or something like leaves?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Doctor laughed out loud at her reaction. He just couldn't help it, the idea of a leaf bridge was just too funny not to laugh about. "My dear Lady... they do not make bridges out of leaves but out of stone and wood. The leaf was a representation of the wood that is used. Should I attempt to find better material to show you what a bridge is truly or would this representation suffice?" He smiled in merriment quite sure she was making a joke and he was carrying it on in good manner. "I assure you, the English are not all fools and yet sometimes I have found many a two-legger to prove me wrong. Even such two-leggers that live over here."

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
In her mind's-eye Thorn replaced the leaf with a long flat rock and was able to get a better idea almost instantly. So bridges were sturdier then she first thought. It still baffled her how they would find big enough trees and rocks to stretch across a river. Rivers were quite large. She didn't bother to ask though, she had her answers. She now understood what a bridge was as well as what buildings and ships were. "You're little model works just fine." She said with a nod to show she understood.

"Also, I would like you to know it was not the two-legged humans I referred to." She laughed a bit her dark mane rippling from the slight movement. "Oh no. All humans are fools. I simply found that it was likely that other horses lived in England and would cross bridges as well. Of course this was before I knew what made a bridge a bridge. The question still remains, are other horses in England fools?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Are you meaning to tell me that you think I am a fool? For it is not very good manners to say such things. For as I come from England your question of 'Are other Horses in England fools?' would include myself." The Doctor eyed Thorn slightly from the side before shaking his head, a saddened expression on his face. "No, My Lady, there are not many fools in England, and those who are at least have the manners to not show their ignorance." He stood up a little straighter and smiled slightly, "And those fools that you call humans were the ones who built the bridges, buildings and ships. For a creature as dumb as they can be, there are quite a few achievements that we, as four-leggers could never complete ourselves. I, for one, could never think of all two-leggers as fools. It would be putting the great creations they had made to shame."

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
A thin dark brow rose gracefully. She was surprised actually. He had seemed quite interesting and then he had started defending the two-leggers and talking about good manners. Her manners were fine. It had been a simple question and he didn't need to get so testy over it. "You think I'm impolite?" She asked giving her long tail a flick a look of disbelief on her face like a ruler who's order had just been questioned by a lowly peasant. Of course in her mind this was exactly what had happened.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I believe you are impolite just as much as you believe most British are fools." The Doctor smiled at his own joke before turning slightly to admire the view. "However, wit and a force of manner is not always considered a bad thing. If not one soul spoke their mind then everyone should just turn into sheep on the spot. It is refreshing to come across someone with such a sharp tounge. Quite a challenge is the taming of the shrew." With his words he made a deep bow. Rather backhanded, it was a complement nether the less. "So, my dear lady. We have chatted about buildings, bridges and ships and all manner of British things and yet nothing about yourself. I have answered all your questions now it is your turn I believe. Let's start with what kind of things do you enjoy doing the most."

Nisshou Hakuyaiba
She wasn't sure whether she should be insulted or feel flattered. He had called her rude and a sharp tongued shrew but at the same time his words implied some sort of praise for her attitude. She settled to only hear the negative comments that were staring her down and glared at the short maned stallion. "You certainly are something." She said with a bit of a cruel laugh. "You insult me and then expect me to tell you something about myself?" She shook her head and took another look at the little leafy bridge he had made. She had her answers now. There was no reason to prolong this encounter.

"I won't be answering any questions about myself that you have. I have no need to as we won't ever be meeting again." She smiled and gave a bow before turning her back on the odd stallion. With an elegant flick of her tail she trotted off letting her words drift over her shoulder back to the stallion. "The seasons are changing and I will be returning to my home once the land thaws. Be grateful that I have even let you know that much about myself."

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Doctor stood there his mouth agape as if he didn't quite register what she was talking about. "Whot...?" He took a step forward as he herd Thorn continue about not meeting him again. "Whot...?" He frowned as she finished off, his face going slightly dark. "So you think you can just strut away with your high and mighty attitude? Well believe me, unless there is someone who can stand your offensive demeanor you will die alone." He narrowed his eyes at her departing figure. "You are as cold as the lands you come from, heart frozen in the ice. One day someone will come to melt the confines that surrounds your soul but..." He looked at her sadly, "Will they want to?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:41 am
A Beautiful Dawn - Malis and Various

Teh Angel Yuna
When Macawi set her out this morning, Seralin knew it was going to be a good day. The way the sun rose over the mountain, coating the sky in gold, pink, and peach hues, and the mist still clung to the earth, made her pale blue eyes light up, and a smile appear on her face, there was no doubt about it.
The breeze played with her braids, and Sera took in the scent of the renewed land. It might have still been winter, but one would never have known it. It felt more likes spring. Even the threes were begining to get new leaves, and the grass was greening up again. Sera loved the spring -- its early arrival was like a present from the Great Spirit!

Trotting out into the valley beyond the village, Sera soon found herself running, enjoying the chance to streatch her legs. Her golden mane caught the light of the rising sun, and her chocolate coat contrasted making her almost a shadow, with golden flames; Wild and free, like any horse was meant to be. Still, Seralin was at home in the Village, with Macawi.

Atop one of the little hills, Sera stopped, to gaze at said village, her home, with a gentle, loving look. Macawi was a wonderful young girl. Innocent and caring, sweet to a fault. She had been so thrilled when her father had presented her with Seralin, a young filly at the time.
The two had grown up together, and those had been the most wonderful years of her life. Sera doubted she would give it up for anything.

Buffy_the_Bloody
Marahute: It had been so long since others of her kind had decided to reside out in the open. Generally, Soquili came and went, and never really gave her a passing glance. Or when they did, it was a nod of their head, or a smile from their maws. She would rather someone stop and talk to her. She was sick of being by herself.

Her nose was emersed in the green grass that grew around her hooves, her mouth open and ripping it up to munch.
It was so tasty today, and she was enjoying the nice scenery, and the cool breeze the wafted through her mane.

Her brown chocolate eyes closed as she chewed, and when she lifted her head from ripping more of the grass away, she flicked her ears about, waiting for some sound of..anything.. She groaned a bit, even though her day seemed excellent.. Because she found life very drull. She never had anyone to talk to, and her mind had been slipping slightly.

After all.. How do you keep yourself from going insane, when the only creature you can talk to is yourself?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Not a cloud in the sky... Malis was not entirely pleased about that. She was in a dark mood and preferred to have the weather match her own demenior. It was one thing to find out that her daughter was expecting but quite another to find out who the father was. OK... so there were no strapping young stallions from the troll-village coming to court her, they were all back home, but at least she could have chosen someone with a little more... She was interrupting with her fumings by a younger mare trotting onto the scene. Rolling her eyes, the troll decided whether to vacate the area or stay and chat. Not that it would have done any good, there was another mare coming and Malis got the feeling she had already seen her... and was probably trotting over to say hello. "Well ya must be gracious for t' guests... ah guess." She murmured to herself before stepping forward. Who knows, the day was young. Maybe the weather would match her mood...

Teh Angel Yuna
The gentle breeze brought the scent of two others to the chocolate mare's nose. With a little flick of her ears, and the incline of her head, she spotted, first, the golden mare, then the blue, with rahter interesting hair.
Please to have company, on this beautiful day, Sera trotted towards them, a gentle shine in her happy blue eyes.

"Greetings,." She greeted both. Neither of them really seemed to be of the same happy demeanor as she, but Seralin believed that happyness was catchy, or perhaps her intuition was wrong.

Buffy_the_Bloody
The golden mare looked up, her mouth still chewing the blades of grass she had pulled up moments ago. She swallowed, her eyes blinking. She wasn't used to company, and here were two new mares..
She was okay with that. After all.. Hadn't she just said she wanted to talk to someone?

Well fine day for someone to answer her prayers.. When all she was interested in now was feeding her belly. But her manners, she had inherited from her mother, and she smiled.

"Hello."
She said, to the brown mare with the light colored mane.

She awaited the blue mare to speak first, as she was unsure of whether or not the other was friendly, and she'd rather just talk to a bunch of friendly mares then talk to one friendly one and get yelled at by another less friendly.

Her tail flicked behind her, as she cocked her head, glancing at both of them, and trying to abate the awkwardness that seemed to plague the moment.

"My name is Marahute."

Kesmi
Shihab:
Dawn, the time to rise and shine and get the wings to working. Or so that was a stallions way of things at the early hours. With his tri colored wings stretched out to his sides, the cool morning currents were like a splash of cold water against his black and star splattered hide. His long mane and tail swayed behind behind him as he went, easily dipping through the currents and soon gliding even higher to where for those on the ground would see nothing but a speck. Oh it was glorious this morning.

Dipping low again, bringing himself a few feet above the very solid, unyielding ground, the stallion stretched out his legs to being his bulk back to all fours on the ground. With a couple easy beats of his wings, the retracted themselves back to his sides, to look like a feathery cloak. Upon his landing, his pure liquid gold eyes had spotted some movements off to his side. Others were about this fine morning. Though his thoughts went back to his mate, he wondered if she would be joining them or not...

All the same, Shihab turned and headed toward where he had spotted movements, one mare looked vaguely familiar...

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Malis..." The troll grunted before muttering under her breath... something about baskets, daughter and the fact that she would be dammed into feeing irked all day because of the choice in mates. A snort and a stomp later Malis smiled her toothy grin and seemed to have a much brighter mood. "Greetin's Ah suppose ya be wantin' t' chat too?" It was then she paused and took a good look at the golden mare. "Ma-ra-hut... Ah be thinkin' ah heard ya name before. Dunno where be from though." She turned to the darker mare and nodded a greeting too. "Ya gots a name ah can be rememberin' too?"

She completely failed to notice the stallion who had just alighted on the ground being that her back was turned towards him...

Teh Angel Yuna
Seralin nodded at both. "My name is Seralin, but most call me Sera. It's nice to meet you both. A-"

Sera's ears caught the beating of wings, and she looked up, where against the sky the starry stallion flew ever closer, till he finally was upon the ground.

sthrilled to have the company, Seralin threw out another greeting. "Hellow, to you too, winged stranger." She had never seen one of her kind with wings, though she had heard about them.
This fine dawn had brought many new aquantences!

pippi18848
Del'nal: Bouncing about the hyper mare giggled and laughed at the various things she saw. Her wings were stretched out helping her glide a bit with every bounce. The hyper mare was so caught up in her bouncing gliding game that she almost failed to see the group of other soquili's in front of her. She managed to barely stop herself just inches from behind a yellow mare 'causing a small breeze to blow over the other mare.

"Oh dear I'm so so so sorry." She said very very fast almost to fast be be understood. Prancing from hoof to hoof she apologized once again in her fast talking from being hyper and looked over at everyone though not noticing one very important someone that she hadn't seen in a long time. "Hi everyone!" she called out with a bounce after she was done apologizing to the yellow mare.

Buffy_the_Bloody
Marahute flicked her ears, and looked at all the hubbub. It was indeed a meeting now wasn't it? She felt sure she had never met so many at one time before.. Or met so many in her..life before.

Oh that was sad. She needed to get out more. She rolled her eyes to herself. She was too much of a hermit for her own good.

"Nice to meet you Malis. Though you seem familiar to me as well."
She said, her brows knitting slightly as she cocked her head.
She didn't have long to think about where the mare was familiar from, as Sera spoke soon after.

"And it's good to meet you too, Sera."
She said, and glanced past Sera to the Wind stallion who had just flown in.

"Well you look familiar too.."
She said, her voice soft like a whisper as she was speaking to herself.

Oh her mind was so confused. Who were all these horses and where-
Her thoughts were stopped short as another Wind blew past her, scaring her half to death.
Her mane flew into her eyes and she jumped a bit, ducking slightly.

"Oh my!"
She was ready to be angry, but the little mare apologized so nicely, that Mara let it go..
"Don't worry of it dear. No harm done."

Teh Angel Yuna
Sera had to giggle at the hyper Del'nal. "Hello!" She let out a soft chuckle.
The Valley had never seen so much activity! Or perhaps Seralin just spent too much time in the village. Either way, she was pleased with thier ever growing company.

She shifted from one hoof to the other in excitement, eyes wide as she took everything and everyone in. It was quite the little group that had gatherd. Sera had been tought to respect other's differences though, and appreciate them. Though she was curious asto the wind soquili's wings, she marvelled from where she stood, and evel Malis, though a bit off looking to her at first sight, had a unique beauty.

Part of her qouldn't wait to see the group grow bigger, and more diverse. There must be so many other wonderous things beyond the village, and this valley. She was almost tempted the venture out and see them - though she knew her young native companion would miss her greatly if she dissapeared like so.

Kesmi
Stopping short away from the group of mares, the old stallion nodded his noble head toward the younger generations. His eyes watched the others, noting that one had their back to him, not that he minded. Opening his mouth to reply, he caught sight of a dark mare that he hadn't seen since she and her brother moved on with their lives, Andy being the one that got himself hitched and already gave him grandkids.

"Del!" He called out to the dark winged mare as she apparently almost crashed into another. Shaking his head gently he chuckled before looking at the others. "Good morning." he greeted. "A fine morning, and looks to be a hot day indeed."

Though he was kind and generally cheerful this morning, something still nagged at him. It wasn't anything important, though he would have liked to have seen his 'extended' family brought together again, it was sure growing. Keeping an eye on Del, Shihab stepped closer, he was sure she had heard him, he voice was loud enough.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Where there was two now there was... too many. Malis shook her head before turning to spot the others who had shown up. Was this a meeting and she just hadn't gotten the memo? She recognized the two stallions but couldn't come up with names. The troll was pretty sure she had seen them around but probably not actually chatted with them. One had a basket with him which made her scowl before she snorted and shook her head. She was not going to let her daughter bring down this day. Almost fiercely she turned towards the hyper winged mare and grinned. "Ya might be wantin' ta look where ya goin'. Though wit' a gatherin' like this ah can se why ya may be in a bit o' hurry."

Buffy_the_Bloody
Marahute shuffled her hooves. Looking at the conversations around her with wide eyes. So many Soquili.
It was giving her a headache, almost.. Or maybe that was her brain bout to explode.

She reached her head back down, and pulled up another mound of grass that she was chewing thoughtfully. Sure, it was rude to eat in front of others.. But she found that conversation was going to be hard with quite so many.. and she was generally the type to listen anyway.

Her heart rate back down from when she was almost ran into, she glanced around,and then looked at Malis.

"Theres so many.."

pippi18848
The hyper mare grinned as she heard her apology being accepted. Looking over at the blue mare she nodded. "I know I should watch where I'm going but I was playing a really really fun game." She said with a nod her voice still going at the speed of light it seemed. Looking at everyone she couldn't help but compliment everyone with just one comment. "Everyone looks pretty."

Hearing her name she whirled about looking for the one who called her name. Spying him she squealed and hurried over to him without running into anyone else. "Daddy!" she called out as she cleared the group and ran over to him. Upon reaching him she nuzzled him a few moments before looking up at him. "I've missed you and mom and that annoying brother of mine."

Teh Angel Yuna
Seralin nodded in agreement with Marahute. "So many,..but isn't it great?" She smiled brightly.
And it even seemed some of them knew eachother. Small world? maybe for them. Still, it was cute to see the father and daught together. It reminded her of Macawi and her dad. The two were close, probably about as close as she and Macawi. It was heartwarming.

Buffy_the_Bloody
Marahute nodded again, watching the reunion of father and daughter. Brother? Could Andre really be the brother of the mare, and the son of the stallion? Seemed right.. as they looked so Similar.
So that was her sister in law, eh? And father in law as well?..

They didn't recognize her, so she assumed they remained unaware of her relation to them.

She shrugged, not really caring. There was so much to pay attention to this day..

"It would be lovely, yes.. If they.."
She didn't add if they weren't all here in her home. She lived out here in the open, yes. She could not get away from the mass, as her only way of leaving would indeed be leaving her own home, and she would not do that.

She'd never left the valley.. She wasn't going to start today.

"If they all werent having their own conversations."
She finally said, her head reeling trying to keep up with everyone.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ah hope that there not be to many more. It be a large place here but if we be gettin' too many there be no more grass t' eat that hasn't been stomped down." The troll nodded before suddenly putting face to name so to speak. "Ahh! Ya be one o' t' ones that be meetin' Dayunsi quite some time ago. Ah remember him talkin' aboutcha in passin' once. That be why ah be recognizin' ya name." Malis grinned, her single tusk gleaming before adding. "Not t' say ah not be seein' ya around here and there." There was a sense of completion in her voice as if the laps in memory had been plaguing her.

Buffy_the_Bloody
Dayunsi.. Oh! She remembered him well. He had been a lovely stallion, very small though.. He had called himself... a flutter?
They had gotten along quite well, and she felt sure she had found a friend in the little creature.
She had almost stepped on him upon first meeting him.. She was sure that was the kind of thing that kept her from having friends.. She almost stepped on all of em.

"Dayunsi! I remember him well. I didn't know you knew him."
She said, her tail flicking, but her eyes lighting up a bit in familiarity.

She finally had someone to talk to.. and something in common to talk about.

Her eyes ventured back to the starry pair, and she noticed that Shihab was looking at her with familiarity as well.. Maybe he did know her.
Her conclusions were correct when he spoke.

"Hello Shihab! It is good to meet you. I do hope that my mother will get the chance to meet you as well. "

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll grinned. "Ah be knowin' that miniature stallion quite well. He be pert o' mah herd... Well, ah guess Im-o-gen be t' one t' start it so it be her herd. Actually he be expectin' right now. Im-o and Day be gettin' together finally." She told the yellow mare about how long they had been thinking of the other and yet not saying anything. As the 'oldest' of the herd the soquili often came to her to voice their feelings. As grumpy as she usually was, she enjoyed the respect that she once knew in her village far away. Thus she had knows about the match up even before they did.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:45 am
Round the Bend - Dr. Who and Scæsaris

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
User Image

Scæsaris walks along the gentle banks of her bayou, enjoying the soft sounds of her swamp. She approaches the murky water, nodding her head to a near by alligator that lay sunning himself on the shore, acknowledging his presence and strength. He hisses and slips into the water, staying on the surface to where he can watch the mare. Scæsaris dips her head down to calmly take a drink, not even considering a possible attack from him, fore he knows who she is, that this is her swamp and his is only allowed to stay by her graces. She nods again, a tender farewell, before receding back into the cypress trees and Spanish moss.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Why was he visiting the swamp? The Doctor had no idea, but something had been said about it and he decided to find out if it was true or not. Was he crazy? Probably... but who could say was crazy was now-a-days? The brindle stallion walked carefully among the sunken logs, his scarf wrapped tightly around his neck, the long tails that were usually trying to trip up his hooves were safely tucked out of the waters way. Tardis sat on his back grumbling slightly about how the Doctor had managed to con him into coming along. The water was already higher than the little blue ferret and so he had convinced Who to give him a ride. Now he wasn't sure that the small token was quite enough.

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
Twigs napping, the sound of hooves on her shores, hooves that were not her own. Scæsaris's shot her head up at the sound, offended by the other's intrusion. A stallion was invading her land, her waters – how dare he enter her banks without even the slightest sense of caution or care, crushing her precious winter mint. Stepping for from the cover of her cypress she snorts at him, and his silly companion, looking ridiculous with the ferret on his back. Such an abomination on her murky land. "Why do you come and disturb my peace?" Ears twitching in his direction, awaiting a response, something to explain this disturbance.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Fantastic!" Doctor Who grinned at the mare who seemed to slink out from between the cypress trees. He had never seen such ornamention on a horse before and was intrigued by the mask she appeared to have on. "My Lady, I am very sorry to intrude. I have heard stories about this place and just had to find out if they were true. I have traveld a long way to find answers and so if you wish to spare a little of your most precious time I will be glad to remove myself from this swamp as soon as they are answered."
"Hopefully sooner..." Tardis muttered from the Doctor's back. He peered at the murky waters that surrounded them and gave a shudder. Creatures such as he should never be in such damp conditions. "Master, I do believe she wishes us to leave. Maybe we should respect those wishes?"
"Nonsense Tardis, I am sure she would not object to a little conversation." The stallion smiled again at the green mare and winked slightly. "My companion here would love to hear more about yourself."

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
Scæsaris's brow creased in frustration, with a hint of confusion. Was he not afraid of her? Not even the slightest bit intimidated? Those who heard the tales never came; they were told to protect them from coming here. Her unease was starting to settle; at least her folklore had spread far beyond her lands and the outlying fields. And at least the little one was, she gave him respect of that, but his master? She did not understand him, if he had heard of this place; he must have heard the legends of her. It was only by the grace of his subtle flattery that she nodded slowly. "If you come off my mint, I will allow you to stay for your inquisition." Drew herself back from the waters bank, onto the more dense, almost dry, earth surrounding a nearby willow tree, never taking her eyes off the stranger. "What have you come to learn?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Mint? The Doctor looked down and failed to see where his hooves were standing. Deciding to oblige anyway he smiled and lifted his hoof, looking where to place it next before noticing where she had moved to. "Many apologies Madam, I did not know I was standing on such a precious mint." Moving forward he joined her on dry ground which was something Tardis was thankful for. Hopping down to the ground, the ferret climbed up into the tree to wait the conversation to be completed. Ignoring his furred companion, The Doctor smiled winningly at the green mare "I assure you, this is no inquisition. I am merely curious to know if the stories about the swamps are true. It is said a terrible beast lives here, have you heard about such a creature?"

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
A sigh of relief pasted through her lips as the brindle slipped off her mint; it would only be around another few weeks, reaching the end of it’s season, and she did not want to lose it a few weeks too early due to the carelessness of a random stallion. Scæsaris watched as the bright ferret bounce up the willow and nodded politely at him, before turning back to his master, a sly grin across her muzzle; it will take more than a cheeky grin to win her over. "Yes, I have heard of such a creature. She protects the wetlands from all who dare threaten it. No harm comes to those who respect it, treasure it, nourish it." She glanced back up at the ferret, curious to see how he was fairing with the nutria before looking back to the strangely enthusiastic stallion. "Now it is my turn, no? Who are you?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Oh well, I am just a wonderer who is interesting in discovering new things and following tales and other mysterious events." He waves a hoof around vaguely, "I'm no one in particular, just your everyday vagabond, people call me The Doctor." With a grin he looked around the area and nodded. "Quite a charming place you have here, though in the stories I had heard, the monster was a male. Quite interesting that you say it is a 'she' have you met this monster yourself? The standard fare of taking care of the swamp to stay on the monsters good side is normal, I would never expect anything less of a good monster story."

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
She scoffs at him, "Of course, pompous men expect a female would not be able to defend such a place; women are defenseless, right? Leaving the fighting to their rough steeds? My, how her words and actions are twisted by other’s tales." She was rambling, glaring out into the bog, almost ranting, her temper barely being controlled. Her head snapped back toward him, eyes bright with knowledge. "Of course I have met her, but she is subtle, only comes when necessary, preferring to go unnoticed, only coming out from her fog when necessary, never making herself known for anyone who does not need to be reprimanded. A mere trampling of mint will not draw her from her dark caverns…" Spreading the truth had somewhat calmed her, even if it were slightly twisted. She dropped her head, taking in a deep breath before continuing, "she’s not a monster, not really. Just loves her land, and hates seeing it destroyed. This land is a part of her, all the plants and animals are her children; she only acts defensively, can you really call someone like that a monster?"

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I would take that as qualities of a Mother." The Doctor retorted with eyes twinkling. "And I for one, never said that a lady is not one to be strong and fight for what is right, just that the stories said that the monster is male. I for one am open to both but in my experience, monsters are quite ugly to behold and you are definitely the opposite." he made a short bow and looked up at her with a wink. "There is nothing wrong with wanting to protect the land we live it. That is a very noble quest to undertake.

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
"A mother," Scæsaris smiles briefly, not at him, but at her bayou, her home, "how intriguing." She looked back to the unfamiliar stallion, so unafraid, but also not threatening, just exuberantly curious. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, to use a cliché. Most see this place and only think of the mud, the slight smell of decay, the filthy waters. But for me," she glanced up at the canopy of Spanish moss, and gave her first full brilliant smile since meeting him, "for me it is heaven." She then nods her head toward a lightly beaten path, "I can show you, if you like?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ahh but a beholder who has seen the world and dreamt of bigger is usually the one with the least biased viewpoint." Doctor Who smiled once more, a more softer look upon his face than the usual wild grin or haughty stare. "Well, my dear Madam, I would feel honored to see your little part of Heaven. It is not often one get's to see something from the eyes of another and I for one, have always said you can never judge a book, or swamp, by it's cover." With a nod towards Tardis to stay put for the moment, he followed the green mare down the light path. "So tell me, do you have a name to go with that interesting visage and refreshing outlook on life? I doubt I can keep calling you Monster."

Lt. Gnatty-Bug
She chuckled, and shook her head slightly, “I never once said I was the monster of the myths. I am known as Scæsaris, Doctor.” She slowly meandered down the path, following the bayou banks and nodding toward the body of water. “Normally the water if full of duckweed, but during the winter it gets a brief reprieve, but that just means it will come back in full force soon, filling the waters till it almost looks like land, but of course its not. Swamps are wonderfully deceitful.” She moved on, and nodded upward, “and then there are the wasps, and the bees, constantly working for the same goal, hundreds of them all moving together, peacefully.” She wandered further, up to a dead cypress tree, brushing her muzzle against the coarse bark but only smiling fondly, “these are amazing in their own right. Even when they die, they do not decay, this cypress.” She looked back at her waters, and nodded an acknowledgment to another ‘gator, knowing it would not bother them as it quietly dipped under water’s surface. “This place is my home; I rarely leave it. So tell me over your travels, Doctor, of all the places I will never go…”

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:50 am
Round the Bend - Dr. Who and Scæsaris

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Scæsaris. That is a very fitting name. Mysterious and beautiful with an aura of..." He trailed off for a moment as if lost in another world." "Well," he came back and switched over to a more brisk tempo. "Not everyone can have such ties to a pleasant name. I am usually called Doctor. That shall do for now." He looked around studying the creatures and plant life that she pointed out during her explanation of the swamp life. "That sounds fascinating my dear. Have you ever thought about giving tours more often? No... I don't suppose you would really. Too many people coming along and your mint would be completely crushed. Ahh well, such is life." His eyes twinkled. "But then how many people would find travel through such a dangerous place a vacation. It would take quite a hardy soul." He smiled winningly at the swamp mare.

Lt Gnatty-Bug
Scæsaris cocked her head to the side at his name, her mane making a sloppy sound as it shifted against her drying pelt. "Doctor? How peculiar, that’s hardly a name at all, it’s a title if anything. Do you dare mock me Doctor??” The last word had bite to it, she had allowed him access to her lands and now he did not respect her enough to share his real name, but just a heading, some kind of label? “I lay my swamp before you and yet you do not trust me with something more substantial than a designation?” She took a quick survey of their current location, all its wonders, subtly taking on a slightly more aggressive stance as she looked back it him. “This place is mine and I care for it, I allowed you to stay when you showed benevolence, you should treat me with more reverence if you wish to abuse my land as some kind of travel vacation destination.”

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Doctor took a step back, being mindful not to crush any more foliage. "I did not mean to mock you at all. I am The Doctor, that is it... no other designation for me than that. I guess if you wanted to pick a name for me you could but I do prefer Doctor." He shook his head slightly before retracing his steps until he was within centimeters of her scaly countenance. "I do not mean to mock such an interesting creature such as yourself. To do so would be a travesty!" He made a low sweeping bow in apology before adding, "And I promise I was not implying that having more visitors to your lands would be a good thing. Quite the opposite in fact. I feel as if they would more likely stay away for the land seems quite full of hidden dangers." Who chuckled ruefully as he took another look around at the greenery that surrounded them.

Lt Gnatty-Bug
She scoffed at his first statement, what else would he be doing if not disrespecting her? Her muzzle twitched slightly at his next statement, Doctor was hardly a name acceptable for anyone, especially one as quirky as he was, but then he was not hers to name, not by any means seeing as he violated her dear wetlands. Except he was not, at least not intentionally. He seemed to respected them as best he could, at least Scæsaris hoped that he was. The Doctor showed concern for her banks. She dipped her head slightly, the only show of acceptance of his apology he was going to get. “Doctor it is, then,” Scæsaris tone still had a fair amount of bite to it, but her posture had shifted faintly as her head came back up, becoming a bit softer around the edges. “I might be good at it, but I don’t want to give tours for every pathetic sod who thinks they are strong enough to trek my marshes. I like my swamp the way it is, its feared, and that’s protects it from the corrupting outside influences. More visitors would destroy it, at least you acknowledge that.”

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I can understand not wanting others to come in and damage your precious swamp." The Doctor spots the movement he had seen before and eyes the ferret wearily as if he was trying to tell it something. He wasn't quite sure but another short furry thing had entered into the area and he was wondering if such critter would be a danger to TARDIS. At the blank look of the ferret the Doctor gave it up as a loss for now as he had lost the movements of the creature for now. Maybe a little later he could ask about the fauna of the lands. At this moment he was more interested in the flora. "So, I assume you are not one to eat of anything but the best. Does it take much knowledge to distinguish between what is hazardous or not here?" He was purely curious, not feeling very hungry at present but was always one to gather useful information when he could. Who knows, maybe if TARDIS got hungry enough he might ask...

Lt Gnatty-Bug
The mare couldn’t help but chuckle at the nutria as it sniffed at the Doctor’s companion, “No need to worry about him, they are quite gentle creatures, and intelligent too.” She whistled at the creature, beckoning it over; it nuzzled against her leg as she plucked down one of the horse apples from the trees above them to gnaw on. He happily accepted the fruit, dragging it over to strange blue fuzzy he’d been chasing moments before, offering him a piece, a big grin only serving to display his bright orange teeth.
Scæsaris reached up and pulled down another of the spiky green fruit, putting it down gently and rolling it over to the stallion, “Its not exactly nutritious, but they taste wonderful.” She glanced down at the fruit, and then back up to the tree it had come from, debating on whether to take one for herself, “Just don’t eat too many, they’re actually poisonous, but not in little amounts.” Finally coming to a conclusion she plucked another down, taking a decent sized bite for herself, “I like to live dangerously.”

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:51 am
A Trip to Feralis - Malis and Tempest

Amirynth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis had gone to a little soul searching trip of her own. While she was happy for her daughter to have found someone to sire children with she was disappointed with her choice. As a being who hated swimming and most things to do with the water, the troll couldn't see what Tai'jin saw in that Icarus. Stepping carefully she climbed up towards the cliffs that overlooked the valley. Here she hoped to gain some perspective and maybe come to terms with what her daughter had told her. Why couldn't she have picked a good strong troll stallion? Malis knew the answer but didn't want to admit it was her fault that she had foaled so far away from her home village. There was just no way for Tai'jin to have met any stallions of her own choosing, the only other's being Kifo and Zul'jin, her Father and bother.

Jareth Dallis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Standing at the top of the cliff, Tempest stood proudly, his, head was raised to the sky. He then shifted his gaze about silently, his eyes falling on the troll mare. This was most interesting to say the least since he had never encountered one, it was interesting very, very interesting.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The troll climbed higher, turning occasionally to gaze out at the view. She hadn't come up here for quite a while. Memories of the last time she was up here came floating back to her mind which made her smile. It was up here that she first met Kifo and later on when she had told him about their children. That memory brought back her mood with the remembrance of what her child had done but with a snort she expelled all thoughts, good or bad. It was then she looked up and saw the silhouette of the stallion against the sky. "Why heya there stranger, whatcha be doin' up there?"

Jareth Dallis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "I'm thinking. It helps me enjoy the solitude all the more."

He pawed one of his hooves across the ground as he lowered his head, his glowing eyes leaving a trail as his head lowered. He quickly flexed his wings in a showboating fashion just once, since he believed if you got it flaunt it.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Ahh well. Solitude be one thing but ya picked a busy cliff side t' be solitude on ya think?" She didn't care that he had been there before she had shown up. "Whatcha be thinkin' about that be so important ya be needin' t' climb up so high for? Ya can't you ya thinkin' elsewhere?" Snorting softly she continued up the path until she was standing near him. She was tall for a mare and stood just as high as he did, her thick dreads adding extra mass to her bulky body.

Jareth Dallis
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. "Climb? Please madam! I would never do something as pedestrian as climb."

With a swift flapping of his impressive wings, the hippogryph stallion lifted off the ground and moved upward. He flew about for a short while before landing back where he was, having proved he does not need to climb.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Malis wasn't too impressed. "Ah be guessing ya be one t' fly but ya know, flyin' or not it be still climbin'. Ya just be climbin' through t' air instead of on land." She stomped at the rock beneath her hoof for emphasis. "Ah not be born yesterday ya know," she scoffed with a toothy grin. Her broken tusk gave her a rougher look than most but she was definitely one who seemed to have a great source of power behind her. "Anyways, ya not be tellin' me what ya be thinkin' or did ya completely forget?"

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:53 am
Life Worth Living - Luca, Rasui, Tobias and Jonquil

Talencia
User Image

Her first pair of children had in no way prepared her for this. Leon had been very passive and quiet, and while Amary had much spice and fervor, she couldn't compare to the both of her youngest sons. Ever since they'd emerged from their baskets, life had not slowed beyond a canter. Life was running pellmell along with her colts.

She had found a reasonably comfortable spot in the weak winter sun to recline, legs tucked gracefully beneath her quickly slimming body. She had been exercising occasionally, but mostly it was chasing the terrible twosome that gave her the most work-out. Consequently, she had practically returned to her original weight again.

She glanced over at Rasui with warmth in her eyes. She had been lucky so far, to end up with stallions who were attentive fathers. Rasui was as caring and loving as she could wish. She stretched her neck to nuzzle him, one ear cocked towards their frolicking sons.

User Image

"Jox!" Tobias neighed peircingly across the snowy field. "Joxer, come look, come look at what I did!" His small, sharp hooves danced frantically on the snow as the colt talked so fast he hardly took a breath. He gave a gleeful buck and raced over to his brother, seizing a bit of his mane in his teeth and tugging urgently. "Come look, I wanna show you m'wind! I made a wind snow soquili! I did, I did! Come see!"

With that he turned and bolted back to where a fallen branch that arched like a spread wing now had the impression of his small body below it. HIs aim had been off slightly, so that the wing seemed to sprout frhom the middle of his back, but he was completely and utterly delighted with his creation. "Look, Joxer, look!"

He knew that wasn't his brother's name. He did, really. His mother had given up coorecting him. But he could still remember dreaming, while tucked in with his brother within their mother. He had dreamt of their playing, their laughing, their connection. And in those dreams, he had named his brother by a different name than the one his mother had chosen. Despite being told over and over what Jonquil's actual name was, he refused to call him by that name. Ever. He knew his brother, and that wasn't the right name.

Granted, his brother was very much different than he was. They weren't quite night and day, but clearly individualistic. But in Tobi's heart, he and h is brother might as well have been twins. He loved Joxer fiercely, and would hear no unkind word said about him. Whatever else happened, he was his sibling's most staunch defender.

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Rasui smiled as he watched the colts at play. He felt proud to be a part of a family, even if it was a little unexpected. He remembered the day Luca had come to tell him. He had almost run off from the spot but managed to hold his ground. Now, he was glad he did but those few months had been a little scary for him. He didn't know how she could have carried the youngsters and yet still look so beautiful. While he wasn't quite ready to settle down, the purple stallion felt quiet comfortable here. Quietly she nuzzeled Luca back, still a little over-whelmed by the changes that had taken place in his life.

User Image Joxer... the paler of the two colts could not understand where the name had come from but shrugged and followed his hyper sibling over to the impression he had made in the snow. After staring at it thoughtfully for a few moments he proclaimed. "It needs another wing..." He wandered away without another word before returning with another branch in his mouth. Lifting it carefully so that it didn't touch the snow, he placed it down a little higher at the shoulders so that the pair of them together looked much more like wings. "There... now it is like Uncle Dayunsi." He nodded with the completion of a job well done and glanced towards Tobias with a small smile.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:12 am
OOC: Meeting Fun! - Gallifrey, Snitch and Karishma

Cutting Containment

Karishma: *Looks at the other Usdia wonderingly* Wow, others like me...

Amirynth
Gallifrey: *Nods a greeting* "Suner'ath imelis akun a rath'e" *smiles kindly at his astonishment*

Cutting Containment

Karishma: *Tilts her head, a little awkwardly* Nice to meet you...

Death Resurrected
Snitch: -trots over, hearing a conversation- Beg, pardon. I do hope I am not interupting?

Amirynth
Gallifrey: *Smiles and nods again before seeing the other usida* "Nariss a'tumn isle'ta na daros" *She shakes her head at his question and makes a small bow to him in greeting too*

Cutting Containment

Karishma: * Smiles politely at the new male* No, not at all. Hello you two, I'm Karishma.

Death Resurrected
Snitch: -smiles at both of the mares, one speaking another language but you could still scrap up what she was saying- G'day. I'm Snitch, pleasure to meet you Karishma.

Amirynth
Gallifrey: *Makes a small whinney and gestures to herself* "Istume rath Gallifrey Ni'tte mara kun" happy to have a few people to chat with*

Death Resurrected
Snitch: -blinks and pauses for a moment- Gallifrey Ni'tte? -He didn't know if that was the part that was her name or not, but it was obvious she was saying her name...then again he didn't want to sound stupid to her either-

Amirynth
Gallifrey: *Shakes her head and tries to explain* "Istume rath Gallifrey, Inotume rath Snitch. Ni'tte... Ni'tte mara kun, Inal'isse" *she hopes he'd understand what she was trying to say*

Cutting Containment
Karishma: *Listening to the two of them she attempted to better understand what the other female was trying to say* Ah, well it's nice to meet you Gallifrey and Snitch. *Looks over at Gallifrey's coat* Your coat is simply amazing...

Amirynth
Gallifrey: *Blushes slightly at the complement, her dark indigo cheaks deepening to a rosy violet* "Nian'te icar'nn mei ya'rath nen." *She though the other mare was very beautiful too, especially her long hair*

Death Resurrected
Snitch: Oh...Gallifrey, is your name. I get that...but I do not understand the last part still. -he smiled weakly- Then a light bulb clicked in his head...Do you speak of your native two legger as well? -he hoped his guess could be right, he was going out on a limb-

Cutting Containment
Karishma: *Smiles, trying to understand it she was reading more into the mare's actions and expressions than anything else. Doesn't want to be rude to her by mentioning the different language she was speaking.* Why thank you...I do appoligize if I don't entirely understand, I'm not familiar with the language you're speaking... *Hopes she understood that right and isn't being rude in mentioning her own difficulty*

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:15 am
Delightfully Lost... - Vohamanah and Zandali

Graceangel
User Image

Vohamanah had been out flying, galloping, and trotting all over the plains. He had been gone for hours following the sun that was warming up the cold winter ground for spring. The change in weather was making him excited and adventurous.

He was always striving to go exploring, and he often felt stiffled when his parents tried to keep him in line of sight. He always felt like he was much older than he really was. He was positive and certain he could handle whatever life would throw at him.

So it was on this fine early spring day, he was trotting on a beach. It was blowing his mind to look at it and see no end to it. He had only ever seen a lake and some streams before. All that water. Then, he spied another young soquili out on the beach. She was alone too. Did she have a heart of exploration as well?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Zandali whimpered slightly as she lay on the hard rocks of the small outcropping that jutted out in the sand. She stared at the glistening water with a blank expression as her mind wallowed in guilt. Why couldn't she be what she was supposed to be. Why did she have to be different, why couldn't her grandmother accept her. She closed her eyes and sighed dejectedly as the water came up to brush against her outstretched hooves. A rough stone grazed at her side but at the moment she didn't care. her mind on more distant matters. She didn't even see the other foal who had shown up at the otherwise empty closed in beach.

Graceangel
Vohamanah walked softly up to the little foal. He looked her over, and as he got closer, he realized she seemed to be feeling a little down. He grimaced inwardly as he disliked being sad. He didn't like others being sad either. He didn't like stuff like pain, dismay, hopelessness. He chased silver linings in every dark moment. All of this helped him to instantly forget he had been lost and had been away from home a bit too long.

"Oh... Why are you sad? Today is a great day! Today, the beach has cool water that feels refreshing to the hooves. The smell of the air makes the nostrils open wide. And.. if you look down here in the water, there are stuff I never see in the stream. Like.. WOW! Look at this...." He bent his head into the water and clenched a starfish in his teeth.

When he pulled his head back up, his chin dripping with sea water held it up. He tried talking from behind it still held in his mouth. "Isn't this neat? I never saw one before. It had an interesting texture. I'm trying not to bite too hard though."

Amirynth
She looked at him bewildered as if he had just appeared in front of her with a poof of smoke. His childish banter flowed over her mind with the insistancy of rain and she flicked her ears back for a moment. Watching him with dark red eyes Zandali frowned a little as he pulled the starfish from the water and waved it in the air for all to see. "I-I-I... d-d-don't t-t-tink you s-s-s-should t-t-take them out of t-t-the water. T-t-they c-c-can d-d-die." Her voice came soft and broken, her melancholy aura permiating through her words.

She didn't really know what to make of him and almost retreated back into her own thoughts. Why did he not run away in fear? Was she really so weak-willed and soft that she could not even stand up to this small foal? Zandali closed her eyes and tried to fight the sinking feeling she felt within. Maybe her grandmother was right and she did not belong.

Graceangel
Her word of caution about the starfish dying caught his attention immediately. It wouldn't do for that to happen on account of him. Why? So everyone could know the angel of optimism killed a starfish. He quickly dropped it in a flinging motion to the water. He then walked up behind to scoot it further into the water. He gave this embarrassed half laugh. "Heh. Yeah.. and That is why I'm putting it back into the water right away!"

Then he walked back out of the water. That was almost embarrassing. Then, he had a brief chuckle at himself. "I suppose that was a little silly. Though I can tell ya. I really wouldn't have known. I don't know nothin about where I'm at... In fact... I don't think I even KNOW where I'm at... but that's all right!" He spun around trotting in a circle and started to flutter his wings feeling happy with the ocean air.

Amirynth
Zandali nodded as she watched him fling it back into the water. She imagined what it would feel to be pulled out of the enviroment she had been used to and flung into another. For a moment she wished that someone could do just that. Maybe another family would not mind if she was not up to their hopes. Though her mother would miss her, she was sure of that. The foal came back to the present still sitting upon the ground. The rock that was biting into her side was a little more uncomfortable now and she wondered if the other would mind if she got up.

"Y-y-you a-a-are at t-t-the b-b-beach. T-t-this c-c-cove is c-c-called S-s-s-s-star p-p-point C-c-cove." She wondered if it was possible to not know where she was and be ok with it. Where was his parents? Did they give him the freedom he wanted or was he like her and despised and pushed away? Zandali didn't feel very welcome in the glade and so often came to spend time by herself with the lonely ocean.

Graceangel
"Star. POINT.. COVE!" He said each word louder than the one before. He smiled wide and fluttered his wings. "That sure sounds grand! Yea... The beach? Well.. it sure does have a nice smell. The smell is very different from the river that runs by my home. We live by some big river. There is lots of trees there. I just started flying.. and running.. I guess I lost track of time."

He looked at her smiling. Deep down, something told him maybe he should make his way back home. Still, he thought this was possibly an opportunity that would effect him later on in life. Why not make the best of it? Wasn't everything part of a plan that would build him into a grown up? Why not try to get as much fun and experiences in as possible.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:26 pm
A world of make believe - Mairéad, Lyrica and Zandali

Amirynth
Mairéad and Lyrica had been chatting excitedly together all day. Lyrica, after being found by Cadance and taken in by the flower family, had made fast friends with the adopted sister and basket mate. Though she was only older than Mairéad by a few days the two of them were almost inseparable. "So ya think we can get all the way to the beaches and see that boat that Auntie Malis was talking about? I think it would be so amazing to see such a vessel." She also wanted to add in her excitement at seeing the ocean, the salty water seemed to call her from within.

Mairéad giggled at the thought of a boat made of out a tree that floated in the water. "I doubt it would be that big... I mean how would they stick it all together. The birds can weave nests but they don't float for very long 'cause they are all hole-y." She snorted as she danced her way town the rocky path towards the direction that the sea was supposed to be. While she much preferred the cool shades of the forest, she had agreed to be dragged out to see her sister's dreams prove themselves to be true. If Lyrica said that a huge ship could sail on the ocean then who was she to say otherwise.

Malis Delnaria
Zandali sighed slightly as she watched the tide come in. Soon she would have to start her lonely way home, something she was not looking forward to. While she enjoyed the company of her mother, it was usually accompanied with her grandmother who had nothing but evil glares and narrowed gazes for her. She didn't understand why Malis had such a revulsion against her, the only things she had gathered was that the troll was not to fond of the ocean. Zandali knew her father was of the ocean, her mother and he had met once at an estuary and ended up falling in love. She found out that this love had been forbidden by Malis and yet Tai'jin had stood up to her. But while her mother was a troll like Malis, Zandali had not picked up any resemblance to her mother, instead she looked like her father which seemed to make it worse. The young filly stood on the waters edge and wondered what it would be like to leave and follow the currents to new lands.

Amirynth
As they rounded the crest of the dunes, Lyrica paused at the sight of the wide ocean. "It's so big..." she gasped aloud as the shining blue stretched out before them. "I kinda guessed it would be large but not quite like this." She mused over the size before getting excited. "If the ocean is really this big maybe then the ship is even biggers!" She began to trot down faster before almost loosing her balance as the loose grains of sand provided a slippery passage.

Mairéad paused as her sister slid down the first part of the sand dunes. Her nimble feet had no trouble navigating the fractured ground but it was the apperance of the new player that caught her attention. "Hey Look Sis! It's another one of us!" She galloped on ahead and trotted gaily around the blue filly. "Heya! What's your name? We came to see the ocean, it's really pretty." The green foal danced with joy at the unexpected meeting. "Oh! This is Lyrica and my name is Mairéad... that's Mai-read" She nodded and then stopped dancing about to peer up at the upset expression. "Why do you look so sad?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:27 pm
Between Mother and Daughter - Malis and Tai'jin

Amirynth
It had been a black day when Malis had found out about her daughter's choice in mates. An even blacker one when she found out about the baskets. The troll mare shook her head in disgust as she though about Icarus. Why her daughter would even conceive to even look his way she didn't know. Anything to do with water gave her the willies and she was not happy to know that her grandchildren would be tainted by such. With a dispirited nature she stalked through the forest, not caring where her hooves landed. She needed to get out of the confined areas and back into the wide open barrens of her youth. Malis had already snapped at Immi and refused to answer Day's simple questions that morning. Her mood seemed to sour more and more as time had passed, especially after finding out that her granddaughter and son had not shown any trollish traits. Zandali was practically a shadow! There was no strength there at all, no confidence, no pride! The troll snorted, kicking at a low hanging branch that was in her way. Those foals were no trolls and they didn't have the right to be!

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:29 pm
Meeting of the trolls - Sen'jin, Tooki, Setsumi, Jumanji, Ai'jin, Rokkhan, Zul'Aolani

kaliskanny
User Image

Tooki walked by the river, following the few fish that swam by with his eyes. He glanced down at the river bed, looking for the shiny rocks he'd seen there before. Maybe his human could help him make a charm or something. He could add shells too, he thought.

The stallion paused and looked up, glancing at his surroundings. He'd hoped maybe his father would be up river today. Sometimes he was lucky and ran into him. Though, today he'd be happy to see anyone.

Tooki was bored...

Amirynth
User Image

Senjin had been exploring again. The drive to find something interesting was still plaguing him and so far all he had seen were rocks and trees. Soon his travels took him to the river which he sniffed at. "Well ah guess this be a good a direction as any..." he mused to himself before turning and trotting along the bank of the river. It wasn't until he was much further down that the landscape becan to change into the more beach look, he was nearing the end of the river...

silent artist
User Image
User Image

It was where the sand began to soften and pebbles began to fade that the mother and son duo could be found. It was warm outside, with just enough clouds out to keep the sun from being too harsh. And the soft, constant sound of waves made it a cozy location to relax. Exactly what the mother was doing, with her legs bent under her as she lay upon the ground watching her child. And the youth dashed back and forth, causing a spectrum of glitter and splashes as his hooves broke through the shallow water. His first visit to the water's front...

kaliskanny
Tooki looked to the sound of splashing. There seemed to be a foal playing in the water further down the river. He walked that way, noticing a mare close by. Must be his mother, the stallion thought.

He decided to call out to them, so he wouldn't startle them, "Hello? Nice day for it."

Amirynth
Ahah! Others! Sen'jin trotted a little faster towards the small group. There was a stallion, a mare and a foal and they... looked familiar? The troll shrugged, The foal reminded him of his brother but he had never seen the mare or the stallion before. "Must be ah coincidence..." he muttered to himself before curiosity got the best of him and he called out, "Heya there! How ya be doing?"

ShtrDrNGry
User Image

The sound of the other voices sparked Ai'Jin's curiosities, and she gave up trying to find her apple in the thick branches of the bush it rolled under to gallop fast as she could back to her mother and brother. Her gaze met first those she was familiar with before it strayed between the other stallions that neared, first towards Tooki and then towards Sen'Jin.
"Manji!" She called out excitedly to her brother as she bound towards him, fit to burst with excitement. "Look't that one! He's got tusks too!"

silent artist
Sumi flicked her ears and eyes up as the new voice made itself known, and with a whinny she called Manjii to her. She hadn't expected any visitors today at the waterfront, and was grateful when her son complied and stayed near. Making to stand, the mare halted when she realized something. "T...Tooki? Is that you?" It had been a long time since she'd seen the other at the river. Did that same river lead him here?

"Tokey? What's that?" The young colt barely had time to find out for himself, before another voice called out. Short mane flicked in his face as he turned to see the stranger. "Oh! Loo-" Interrupted again, the boy oophed as his lil sis bumped beside him suddenly. "Watch it Ai. And I knoooow, I can see 'em too! They look just like yours!" 8o

kaliskanny
Tooki blinked when he realized who the mare was, "Set...Setsumi? Been awhile."

He looked at the foals, then blinked again. They had tusks, and those markings. He didn't doubt they were related. He looked back at the mare, blushing. "We only met that one time...."

The stallion was flustered by the foals, and didn't notice the other stallion walking up.

Amirynth
The chatter grew louder as another foal joined the small herd. Sen'jin noticed the little filly admire his tusks and he thrust them out in front of him. He noticed that, even though she was still young she had a nice set of tusks of her own. Was she a troll to? He didn't remember hearing about a new family of trolls... Shaking his head for a moment he decided to wait and see before asking. The troll didn't want to appear foolish by asking such a seemingly obvious question

ShtrDrNGry
Ai'Jin's frame trembled with excitement as she looked between the stallions, despite her curiosity to know who they were she remained at Manji's side. "They gotta be related, ya?" she near whispered, so excited now that she was rather losing control of her voice, which trailed off in giggles as she finished her question. She glanced between the closer one and her mother, her hooves meeting the ground in quick stomps before she darted to bring herself just within feet of Sen'Jin, her eyes wide and full of awe as she looked up to him, his form far larger than it looked from where she stood with her brother, which startled her curiosity silent for a moment. "Are...Are my tusks gunna get that big too?"

Hot Lolli
User Image

User Image

A small foal was crunching and crashing through what little brush near the river there was in search of the bright red bird he's spotted overhead. He'd never seen anything not related to him be so bright before and he just had to find out what it was. It also occured to him that it wouldn't be so bad to take some of those vibrant feathers for himself, after all; it wasn't fair that only red birds got to have such nice looking feathers. As he paused to scant he tree line and the sky for what he wanted, he could hear faint voices drifting from where his family were enjoying the water. Male voices.

Part of the foal was worried his mother and siblings were in trouble, but that was quickly overtaken by the intense need to be the one the strangers were interested in. Quickly forgetting about the cardinal, for that's what it was, Zul'Aolani turned tail and rushed back towards the others; coming to a full stop just beside his sister and a stallion that looked remarkably like his father. "Move it, Ai, I wanna see!"

Meanwhile, as Rok was taking after his son to be sure the boy didn't harm or kill himself, he heard the voices first. Ears flicking backwards in order to hear the voices better, he was starting to turn just as the form of his loudest child bolted past him. Following his son, again, the blue of the other stallions slowly came into view followed by the actual stallions themselves.

It was his brother, and... Who was that? Squinting eyes against the sun to peer at the other male, Rok's own tusked muzzle broke into a grin. He'd never met Tooki personally, but he vaguely remembered descriptions of the children his older sister had given birth to with a water soq of some kind.

Coming to a stop beside Sumi, he gave her a light nuzzle before nodding once to both Sen'jin and his nephew.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:40 pm
Meeting of the trolls - Sen'jin, Tooki, Setsumi, Jumanji, Ai'jin, Rokkhan, Zul'Aolani

silent artist
Manjii' shrugged. "How should aye know? They...look related, just bigger." 8o He gave a quirked brow to his sister's odd reactions. Well sure he was curious too, but he wasn't near ready to jump outta his skin about it. Then she darted off and he had to blink to realize it. "Aye! Wait up!" Kicking up black hooves, the boy followed after the girl before another distraction hit his sight. "Zul's here too!" He ran all the faster on his wobbly legs, chewing and tugging his brother's tail once he reached it. Then he huffed and turned to look at the adult. "And who ya be Mister?" >8C

Setsumi nodded with a small smile. "It has been, it's nice to see you again Tooki." Though she did have to quirk a brow to his comment. "And....what about since then?..." The mare turned her attention to the two little ones, nearly ready to yell out to them. After all, she still didn't know the other stranger, even if his features were familiar. But then she heard her second son appear, and perked ears in delight to see Rokhan soon following. She returned the nuzzle, the scent and touch helping to calm her. It had been almost overwhelming to see so many strangers at one moment.

kaliskanny
Tooki glanced to the other two stallions, then it dawned on him, "Ohh...they belong to one of them...."

He looked between them, tilting his head. He shifted from hoof to hoof, trying to figure out who these two stallions could be. "Are you two related to my mother?"

Amirynth
Sen'jin could hardly believe his luck! With the arrival of his brother all the pieces fell into place. This was not a new troll family, this was his troll family! With a wider grin than before he skipped into the group and snorted with laughter. "Little brother, ah be seeing ya got yaself quite an interesting horde! Mah congratulations there." He beamed at the little ones as if they were his own before turning to the filly after over hearing her. "If ya grow big an' strong ya tusks will to." He nodded solemnly before the twinkle returned to his eye and he gazed at the small impromptu family gathering. "Man, if only Mother was here, she'd love t' see t' little ones." He knew she had been planning on catching up with him later as they had plans for the evening shaman training but he wasn't sure when she was thinking of arriving. It was then he heard Tooki's comments. "Ahh yes, we be related... That be mah brother," he nosed towards Rokhan, "An ya Mother be mah older sister." the troll grinned toothily once more.

ShtrDrNGry
Ai'Jin let out an excited little sound and followed after Sen'jin, moving to wedge herself between her parents so that she may continue to look over the other stallion, her eyes following back and forth between the one speaking and the ones he spoke to. "Oooh...we're all related then?" Her question came on a giggle as she peered between the brothers and their nephew, her eyes moving after her brothers before she burst from between Rokhan and Setsumi to headbutt Zul'Aolani hard and take shelter behind 'Manji, repeating to her brothers what she'd heard whether they caught the information themselves or not.

Hot Lolli
Rokhan grinned as largely as his brother did and whinnied a happy greeting. "It be good t' see ya, Sen." Stepping aside so that all three foals could wedge themselves between him and their mother should the want to, he chuckled as Ai nearly burst at the seams watching and talking with her uncle. Literally. Eyes gleaming, he nodded as SEn'jin answered their nephew and then again wholeheartedly when he brought up Momma. "Will she be joinin' with ya later? I haven't been around to show the younglings yet, an' I didn't want to be shoving Setsumi into a herd enviroment without warnin'" With a turn of his head, he smiled to Sumi softly and warmly. She hadn't really said it, but he knew from when they'd first met that large groups could upset her.

Completely ignore his parents, Zul was instantly dazed when his sister's hard head caught his sqaure on. "C'moooon, Ai! Not in front of Poppa's family," he grumped at her. "An' no fair hidin' 'hind Manjii. It's not like he can protect you anyway!" Starting after his sister, the foal's eye was caught by a red feather drifting in the water and he instantly bolted for it; forgetting Ai and everyone else in the process.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:43 pm
Some in thread fun! - Pip, Misti and Taigi

Syaoran-Puu
Misti: *Playfully sits watching the butterflies as their colours dance in the light from the fresh morning sun. It was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen, that was why she sat here most days to indulge upon it once more. Yet her heart longed for more. A purpose behind her existence.*

Amirynth
Pippin: *Continues to dance around* Hai There! *he skitters up to a near by bush and thrusts his head in to the branches to greet a rabbit* heya heya! *he skittered by a dark stallion who seemed to be watching him* Hellooooo *he called down a hole in case there was any other creatures down there* Eeep! He suddenly came up against a larger soquili with wings bigger than he was*

Syaoran-Puu

Misti: *Smiles as the young colt skipped happily towards her, she wondered if she had once been like that, she was always fond of happy children and wish for nothing more than some of her own. Wiggling her wings softly she spoke gentle to him, her voice as tuneful as a melody.* Hello there little one. Having a fun day? *Wiggling her nose as a butterfly landed softly upon it.*

Nuclearity
Taigi: *further gapes as his eyes trace the foal's path to another Angeni, this one obviously fully grown, however. Perhaps it was the youngling's mother even though they looked almost nothing alike. He pondered upon what to do, for sometimes mothers got aggressive when others neared their young.*

Amirynth
Pippin: Oh Hai! Good morning there! I'm having lots of fun, how about you? Wanna play a game? I've been asking the butterflies and they haven't answered. *Suddenly blinks as he realizes he had passed another stallion and turns on his heels and bolts over* You can play too!

Syaoran-Puu
Misti: *Enjoyed playing games with younglings so nodded and stood up, the butterflies that floated around her fluttered softly and she winked towards the little one playfully.* Its all in the asking. *She moved her head and as she did they fluttered in that direction. Spreading her wings to stretch them she smiled, eyes sparkling at him and the other male.* What do you wish to play?

Nuclearity
Taigi: *blinks with incomprehension as the smaller of the Angeni greets him, disbelieving. Such amazing creatures these were, and he now had the 'adventure' of meeting them. Then the older mare gazed at him, too, and there was no turning around and wandering off without a greeting.* Hello, *his voice caught on the first sound, but turned confident* and how...*wondered if he should regard them with more regality* Are you both on this fine morning?

Amirynth
Pippin: *hops back over to Misti and jumps around her a few times* I've been trying to play tag but they dont play tag very well and the bunnies just keep running away* He darts back over to the darker one and includes him in his constant frolicking* But I bet you two could play together! And then we'd have three! *At the quieter ones questions he laughed merrily* I'm much better now I have found friends

Syaoran-Puu
Misti: *Chuckling at the hyperactive colt she found her self matching his movements as if pretension to doge him, turning slightly in a fluid, almost liquid movement before stopping to face the darker stallion. Together they filled the entire spectrum. She bowed her head.* Tag? It would be an honor. *She then lowered her head so that it was at the same level as the younglings, her eyes shining in the sun.* My name is Misti, after all friends should know such things. *She winked once more.*

Nuclearity
Taigi: *nervously shuffles his feet as the foal runs about him, having no experience with such things and not really sure of what to do in such a situation. He bowed his head, however, in response to the mare's, and smiled lightly at her antics with the foal, finding it amazing that they would accept him into their play with such ease* I am called Taigi. *nods, then grins to the playful foal, realizing that he himself was at once careless, approaching Soquili that were older at will* and what is your name, young one?

Amirynth
Pip: *laughs merrily once again before dancing on his hooves* I'm Pip! Pippin Aramiss Nicole Tyrenna Del Kisora Ravine Delnaria the third! *he laughs again and runs around in circles* Hello Taigi! Hello Misti! Ooooh! You both have names ending in 'I'!! *He hops around* I could be Pippi and then I would match!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:55 pm
Scarves unite! - Doctor Who and Esme

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The Doctor looked out over the landscape and took a deep breath. He had been exploring the forests and swamps for a while and it was about time that he finally came out and enjoyed the more wide open spaces. Sweeping his gaze from side to side, the stallion wondered which direction to travel first. Well first he would have to choose the best way to choose a direction, should he spin around and start walking for inspect each direction carefully to evaluate which one was better. Or should he just see which way the winds take him and ask someone. It looked like he was going to stand there for quite a long time if he wasn't careful.

Freshkaaa
User Image

One of the best feelings was when the landscape was a blur in her vision, the wind blowing through her mane, and the sound of hooves stomping on the ground as she ran. Esme enjoyed crossing the valley with speed. She slowed down as she approached the river, to take a drink. It was the perfect day, not too hot, and not too cold. The sun was beaming down, but the wind made up for the heat. The water was cool against her heated mouth. For a moment, she looked at her reflection. Sometimes she wondered if she was half-human. Ever since she could remember, she was dressed in full human apparel. A shirt, vest, scarf, and even glasses. Her parents were likewise. Losing her trail of thought, she raised her head and shook her short mane. Esme's snitch wasn't far from her buzzing in a certain direction. What was out there, causing interest?

Amirynth
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ok, right or left? He had narrowed down his choices to the path before him. For a moment he wished he had one of those silly round pieces of metal that the humans called 'coins'. The stallion remembered seeing them in England but hadn't figured out exactly what they were for though the two leggers would get quite excited over them sometimes. Takeing a few steps to the right he suddenly changed his mind and headed left, intent on finding something new and interesting...

"There is a mare just to the right Master." The small blue ferret who was almost always his traveling companion sat on his rump and sniffed the air. "She is over by the river, looks like she is a horned type."

"A mare you say?" He glanced over to see Esme and grinned, "My, my, what a snappy dresser. And glasses too! Must be a brainy type." For a moment he looked around at the ground as if missing something important. "TARDIS, where are my glasses?"

"You lost them on the boat Master," came the quick reply as the ferret rolled his eyes.

"Ahh well then, must make do with what we have then. Tally-forth!" He made his way down to the river's edge and stared out at the sun glistening on the crests of the water. "Brilliant day we are having today don't you think?"

Freshkaaa
Listening intently, trying to hear anything interesting, she heard nothing. "Maybe its too far away for my ears." As the seconds ticked by, Esme stood in her spot, raking the ground with her hoof. The morning was slow, the dew still sitting on the blades of grass. Although the sun was sparkling over head, it wasn't horrible. The soothing sound of water trickling by gave her a dizzy feeling of sleep, but never was it overwhelming. More time passed, and she gradually began to pick up sounds of voices. Turning her head, she spotted a small shadow in the distance..A stallion? Was he talking to her? Surely he couldn't be holding a decent conversation with himself..Was there someone else? All her questions exploded around as he approached.

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

Malis Vitterfolk
Crew

Familiar Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:34 pm
Some more in thread fun! - Pip and Linn

Amirynth
Pip: *peeks at her* Oh my, so small! Was I once that small? *he dances up to her*

Thamin
Linn: *looks up at the much larger male as he danced up to her* Wow..... *she whispered in awe, never seeing a soquili wit two sets of wings before* Hi!

Amirynth
Pip: Hello hello! *he bows down to her level and nuzzles her* And how are you this fine day?

Thamin
Linn: *a little shocked by the strangers nuzzle she sat there for a moment, blinking, before returning the nuzzle.* Well... I think I'm doing okay. The day's just beginning, so it might get better or worse... *she realized she was doing what mommy did when she over-analyzed things and blushed* How are you, sir?

Amirynth
Pip: Good to hear! A day starting well is always a wonderful thing. *he dances a few steps for the pure joy of it*

Thamin
Linn smiled at the stallions dancing; he seemed so happy for some reason, and it seemed to be rubbing off on her. Her eyes turned once more to his wings. They weren't like daddy Danuwa's wings. Curiosity got the best of her. "Um, Sir? Why do you have so many wings?"

Amirynth
Pip: *blinks for a moment* You don't have to call me sir... it's Pip! *he grins down at her* And my wings are from my parents, they have four wings too...

Thamin
"So... If a mommy and a Daddy have wings the babies will have wings?" Linn was entirely too curious about it. "And it's nice to meet you Pip. My name is Aislinn, but mommy calls me Linn... You can too if you want to."

Amirynth
Pip: *nods with a bright smile* I guess so... I mean Immi doesn't have wings and Dayunsi does and their children are a mix... I guess it all depends *he laughs* Maybe it's the spirits who decide...

Thamin
"The Spirits?" Linn questioned. "Who are the Spirits?" She had never herd mommy or daddy talk of any spirits. Where they ghosts?

Amirynth

Pip: I dunno exactly, Malis used to tell me about them. She says that they make sure everything happens the way it should. Like make the grass grow and the trees sing. *he looks up and gazes at the clouds* Maybe they look like clouds... that's what I always thought they could be like...

Thamin
Linn looked to the sky as Pip did. The spirits sounded like actual beings, and clouds weren't beings. Were these spirits shape shifters? They could be clouds then. She'd probably need to ask this Malis person one day. "You think we'll ever meet a spirit?" It was, in her mind, an odd question; but if spirits made sure trees grew they had to go visit the trees some time to see how they were doing.

Amirynth

Pip: Malis talks to spirits all the time, I bet if we asked her she could tell us how to meet one! *he hopped up and down and flapped his wings excitedly* We could go right now! I know where she is!

Thamin
Linn smiled at the thought of actually being able to meet this Malis person. But what if her mommy woke up to find her missing? Linn knew she'd get in trouble. 'Meh...' She thought 'It's not like I get to meet someone every day that talks to spirits.' Before waiting any more Linn gave into the excitement of it all. "Lets go see her! Does she live far? Do you think she will tell us how to meet one?"

Amirynth
Pip: I dunno... she isn't too far away, she lives with the herd... well she's not always there but I saw her this morning. *he skitters around and hops a few steps forward before looking back* Wanna race me? I promise I'll go slow...

Thamin
"I'll race you, but you have to promise me that if I win it wasn't because you let me win." If Linn won she wanted it to because she truly was fast, not because Pip let her. She hopped a bit before trotting over and lining herself up with Pip, like runners at a starting line. "You ready?" She asked the larger stallion.

Amirynth

Pip grins down at the little filly before nodding. "Ready! He scooted a little further back and then pawed at the ground. "There ya go, now you see the line of trees over there?" He nosed in the correct direction. "Make for those right there, winner is a rotten egg!"

Thamin
Linn payed close attention to where Pip set the finish line at. All she had to do was make a bee line for the trees, didn't seem to difficult. With a small giggle Linn reared back on her hind legs, stepping a bit to keep herself from toppling over, and looked up at Pip who's face was now a lot closer with her added height. "See you at the trees then!" She landed back down on all four hooves. "Ready, Set..." She paused for a moment, building up the suspense. "GO!" And with that she bolted, making a straight line for the trees, not even looking to see if Pip was following. She knew, him being bigger, he'd win; but it didnt stop her from trying.

Amirynth
Pip laughed and started off right behind her. He first held back a little to watch her run before speeding up and easily getting ahead of her with his longer legs. His wings did prove to be a hindrance as he ran, creating drag as he galloped, but he still reached the line of trees before she did. However he forgot to stop and plowed straight into them, almost tripping over the lower bushes, flapping out his wings to help stop him before he crashed into the slender trunks.

Thamin
Linn pushed herself to catch up to Pip as he raced ahead of her, but he was just uncatchable. That was until he came to a sudden stop due to the trees. "Pip!!!" She hurried over to him. "You okay?" She couldn't tell if he had indeed ran into a tree or if he had just stumbled and used his wings to steady himself, but either way she wondered if he had been hurt. Jokingly though she added in with a giggle, "By the way, you're the rotten egg..."

Amirynth
Pippin shook his head as he wobbled from side to side a dazed expression on his face until he suddenly stood up properly with a laugh, enjoying the joke. "I'm fine, stopped just in time and wha?" He blinked for a moment, "I'm the rotten egg?" Making a face he stuck out his tongue before prancing off. "Well then if I'm the egg, you are the chicken. Come on let's go!" Leading the way he showed her the trail into the hidden glades.

Thamin
"Yes, you are; you did say the winner was a rotten egg after all..." Linn teased, sticking out her tongue giggling. For being a grown up Pip sure was much like a foal. At least he hadn't been hurt though. With a wide smile Linn followed Pip int to the now unfamiliar territory. She stayed close to Pip, somewhat nervous about being in a new place. "So..." Lin said softly to get her mind off of being in a strange place. "Is Malis a good Soquili, or a bad one; a mean one?"

Amirynth
Pip looked at her with a surprised expression on his face before laughing again, "I guess I did!" trotting his way down the path he looked back every now and again, making sure she was still following. "Umm... Malis can be kinda scary but I always liked her. She is grumpy some times but is usually quite nice." He thought for a moment, "She likes shinies."

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff