Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
Polar, Kasey and Cheryl's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:13 pm
.::RP Log - Teepee::.
.Basket Duty :: Orion and Imperio.
.Date :: Jan. 26, 2007.
.Type :: Formal.

The sun shone happily in the sky, its light running across the barren area. The air hung with a cold chill, the sun's light warming the environment slightly. A black basket sat innocently on the ground, a few feet from a barren winter tree.

Orion prodded the basket curiously with his nose, snorted at it thoughtfully. 'Figures that I'd get stuck with 'basket-duty' today.' The basket shook ardently at Orion's prodding, unsettling the loosely packed dirt below them.

"Oi," he said to the basket. "Next time give a guy some warning, would you?"

The basket shook again, bouncing almost happily at Orion’s response.

"Jeeze," Orion said, grinning, "Energetic little guy, aren't you?" He poked it gently with his right hoof, amusing himself with the lively shake the fiery basket gave in return. "You'll cause hell when you get out of there, ya know? Don't worry about it though, kiddo. Uncle Orion will be here to show you the ropes." He folded his legs underneath his body as he curled around the calming basket. His tail flicked as he laid his head down, readying himself and the basket for a comfortable nap. "Go to sleep now, bud. I'm tired and you kept half of the teepee up last night. I'll poke and prod at you more later."

Imperio shook his basket once again in contentment as he settled down, content on keeping his 'Uncle' Orion's company for the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:59 pm
.::RP Log - Open/Private RP::.
.Wings, Horns, and Butterflies :: Orion and Nalani.
.Date :: Jan. 26, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Wings, Horns, and Butterflies.' :: 1.
.Status :: On-Going.

The sun slowly disappeared behind the dark, looming mountains in the background. The dusk lengthened the shadows of the trees on the ground and Orion, bored out of his mind, playfully walked around the ever growing dark outlines. This grass rustled at the light winter breeze that swept over the valley and Orion surpressed a shiver. He yawned to himself as he stopped, wondering if he should head back to the teepee before it got to dark. He scoffed at the idea. 'Like I'd ever be afraid of the dark. Besides, Gramps might shove basket duty on me again.'

--------------------

Nalani slipped out from under the shadows of the forest trees and headed across the field towards the stream for a drink. She watched as the sun went down behind the towering mountains. Birds were seen flying back to their homes for the night. Snow started falling as the temperature began dropping. It's getting so cold out here, I must find some shelter. Picking up her pace, the mare trotted up over a hill, getting closer to the stream which she had to cross.

--------------------

Orion looked around the valley, his eyes finally resting on a mare approaching the stream that ran through the center of the valley. He grinned, cantering forward in hopes to find someone he could enjoy company with. 'Nothing like killing boredum then playing around with someone else.' He whinnied as he approached the mare, his disheveled braids flying over his eyes from his speed.

--------------------

Her ears perked forward and she almost tripped over her hooves as she was distracted by the greeting. Nalani regained her position and stood, blushing in embarrassment. She looked up and noticed a stallion heading her way. Since it was dark and he was pretty far from her, she's couldn't see what he looked like. Only his eyes glowed in the darkness. Caustiously, she moved forward to meet him.

--------------------

As he approached, the form of the mare came clearer, her horn just barely illuminated in the rapidly approaching darkness. He knickered softly toward her, trying to keep his tone gentle and friendly. 'No need to scare or provoke someone on accident,' he thought. He moved closer, clowly steadily before he was just a few feet away. He smiled before he spoke, "Hello. I don't bite, so don't worry. It's dark, I'm bored so do you want to hang out?" He smiled blissfully; tact had never been his strong point.

--------------------

She chuckled at his question, "Well hello to you too. Do you normally rush and ask others to hang out when you don't even know them?" Nalani smiled and tilted her head. "I wouldn't have a problem with that just that I would like to know the name of a soquili before jumping into anything. If that is ok with you. My name is Nalani." Bowing politely she raised a brow, "What is yours?"

--------------------

Orion thought about her question before he answered. "Hm," he said thoughtfully, "I guess so." He shrugged nonchalantly, "Is that bad?" He smiled anyway, happy at the mare's introduction. "Nice to meetcha, Nalani," he greeted, testing the name on his tongue. "Nalani, huh? Bit of a mouthful, ain't it? Mind if I call you Lani? No? Lani is it," he said brightly, his speaking energetic, never realizing that it was usually polite to wait for an answer when asking a question. "Well, Lani, name's Orion the Wonderful." He winked playfully with a grin as he struck a dramatic pose for the other.

--------------------

He was an interesting stallion indeed. "It's quite a pleasure meeting you, Orion...the Wonderful." She rolled her eyes and smiled. "You can call me Lani....since you have already done that." The stallion struck a pose which made her giggle. "I'm sure you're a very fun stallion to hang around with. Anything particular that you like to do for fun?"

--------------------

He still had an impish grin on his face when he answered, "Well~ I like to do lots of things for fun. Like, running, and jumping and flying, and chasing after those weird fuzzy things that come from the ground." He nodded enthusiastically as he spoke. "What about you then, Lani? I'm pretty much all good for anything so what kinds of things do you do when you're bored out of your mind?"

--------------------

"Well, I love to explore and find the world's hidden treasures. Other times I like going around and meeting new soquili. I can't wonder far nowadays. I have a foal to take care of now. She was abandoned and I took her in as my own. As you know, caring for a foal takes a lot of responsiblity." She smiled as she thought of the future. "I wouldn't mind having one of my own later in my life. As for now, Gal is my priority."

--------------------

"Ohh~ I like treasure too. It's shiny," Demon said, noding his head enthusiastically as he listened. "Ohh~ Really? We don't have any foals around our teepee," he continued, "I was actually the youngest for awhile." Orion pouted childishly. "Everyone still treats me as a little colt though, especially Grandaddy."

He perked up though, "But, but, but~ Now we have a basket that came by a few weeks ago. Imperio. Yep, yep. He's still little and hasn't come out from his basket though." Orion's face turned into another pout, almost as if that would help the youngest memeber of their teepee emerge sooner. "But even though he's still a little guy, he's going to be hellfire when it gets older. I can already tell." Orion was practically dancing by the time he finished talking, exicted by the prospect of becoming 'Uncle Orion' for Imperio.

--------------------

"You poor thing. If you want I'll treat you like a stallion and not a colt. Is that ok?" She looked at his face as he talked about the basket at his teepee. "Awww, you look so cute when you pout." The mare chuckled a bit. "Maybe when Imperio comes out he could play with Galitaya. I think they would have fun playing with each other. If the others don't mind." Her tail swayed as she got closer to him.

--------------------

Orion pouted deeped, his eyes shining in a childish sulk. "You're treating me like a colt now~ I don't wanna be cute~ I want to be handsome," he whined, striking what he hoped to be a masculine pose at the last sentence. "And you're just being all... all... you know. That one really big word that means that you're just saying it because you think you have to say it and, and, and...." Orion paused, his moth turned itno a look of deep concentration. "Um, um... I forgot what I was saying." Orion beamed endearingly anyway, not at all detered by his less-than-eloquent speech.

"Ohh~"Orion said, excitedly. "That would be so much fun~ They can run around, and jump, and play and do all sort of stuff colts do. I'm sure Grandaddy won't mind if I kidnap the little guy for a few hours. Demon will be happy that Imperio would be out of his precious hair, and Mom'll probably enjoy the quiet time." Orion nodded eagerly as he spoke, already working out future plans for the small basket. "Mocha might fight me for him though, but I'll win, no matter what. ...Unless Grandaddy takes Mocha's side, then Imma die~" His face turned into a look of playful anguish, morning the thought of getting his butt whooped in another race by his grandfather.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 8:35 pm
.Do Huskies Eat Apples? :: Demon and Apple-oosa.
.Date :: Feb. 9, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Do Huskies Eat Apples?.' :: 1.

'Snow. It was finally snowing,' Demon thought, his neck craned upward as he watched the light crystals of snow fall from the darkened sky. The clouds aboce him were a ominous gray, the sun hidden beneath their layers. It had only started snowing, but a thin layer of the ice had already covered the ground, clinging to the yellowed grass. Demon smiled to himself, resisting the urge to ('ungracefully') run around in the snow like a uncouth colt.

--------------------

Apple lifted his head up and looked around the area. Looking up at the sky, he stuck out his tounge to catch the snow that was falling. Looking around not seeing anyone, the stallion lept out into a full gallop with a loud whinnie. As he ran, apple looked around to see if there were any other animals that he could talk to. Apple always acted like a colt, and he loved it.

--------------------

Demon's head shot to the direction of the incoming sound, his ears perked forward in alert. His eyes scanned over the snow covered area, searching for signs of movement. His started slightly as a gray stallion came into sight, the light coloring of his hair almost causing him to blend in with the shadows of the snow. His eyes trailed down to the markings on the stallions side, the bright red hair contrasting deeply with the rest of his body. He wondered for a moment whether calling the other over was worth it, finally deciding that he might as well. 'I haven't annoyed anyone in awhile.'

--------------------

The large gray stallion gazed around the area, until he saw a black and white figure. Squinting his eyes, it looked like this thing was a soquili and it was looking at him. Slowing down to a slow canter, Apple looked at the other Soquili. It was a stallion like himself! Trotting over to the unfamiliar Soquili, the stallion smile and greeted the other, "Hello there."

--------------------

Demon looked at the stallion calmy, his lips turning into a gracious smile. "Good afternoon," he said smoothly, ending his words with a polite bow. "My name is Demon. How do you do? Might I inquire your name?" He preened silently as he shifted to move his hair out of his eyes. His eyes ran over the stallion's, swiftly noting the floor length maine and tail. Both were a slightly untidy, the top fraying in split ends, he noticed, but that wasn't uncommon among stallion. 'Some just don't understand the importance of good hair care,' he thought pompously to himself.

--------------------

The stallion had a small smile on his face as he watched the other stallion bow in greetings. Nodding his head in short bow like motion, Apple flicked his ear at the sound of the other stallion's name. "My name is Apple-oosa, but you may call me Apple." He said with a slight flick of his tail before continuing, "I am good, and yourself?" Looking at the other stallion's markings he reminded Apple of a wolf.

--------------------

"Good afternoon, Apple. The pleasure is yours." He stared off to the side with a smirk before he answered again, "I'm brilliant, as I always am. After all, how can someone as beautiful as myself not be wonderful." Demon sighed dramatically for effect. "My prowess is just emphasized by the snow, is it not?"

--------------------

The stallion listened to the other, but didn't really listen to himself brag about how good he looked, instead Apple was looking around the horizon wondering if he would find a friend of his. "I guess." He said trying not to be rude.

--------------------

Demon ignored the stallion's tone, already used to Damascus' monotone to downright rude tones whenever they were forced into the company of each other. He simply smiled tauntingly, "Of course, of course. You must simply be so stunned at my brilliance to form coherent words." He flicked his head in a gesture. "It seems I have that effect on people. Oh, the disadvantages of being perfect."

--------------------

Letting out a soft chuckle at the other stallion's personality. Maybe he could get to like this stallion as a friend? Shrugging a little, he nodded. "It is quite impressive." He agreed nodding his head a little before listening to the stallion's last comment. "I wouldn't know any of the disadvantages, for I am not close to being perfect." The stallion said with a soft smile on his face.

--------------------

Demon smiled at the stallion. Apple was interesting and obviously not easily annoyed. Most stallion, by Demon's experience, would be fighting the urge to strample on him. "Of course, of course. Not many are, after all." He gave a smug smirk. "Therefore, you should feel treasured to be in my presence for this time. May my radiance touch your soul."

--------------------

A small chuckle slipped from the stallion. "I guess I should feel treasured." The stallion said with a nod as he looked around a bit. Ears swivling around at a few noises being made, Apple smiled to the wolf colored stallion.

--------------------

"You should," Demon said pompously. "I'm such a shy creatures, after all. I can't grace everyone with my beauty, sadly. Such a loss to the world."Demon shared a small smile at the stallion's good temper. 'Not like many others, I presume. Maybe he'll be a valuable acquaintance.'

--------------------

"I am." The stallion said with a small smile on his face. "Yes, it is a sad loss to the world." Apple said with a slight nod of his head.

A small smirk sat on the stallion's face, he liked the way this stallion acted. Not everyday did he meet a stallion that was so sure of himself.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:32 pm
.Wings?! :: Orion and Glow Heart.
.Date :: Feb. 16, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] OMG! O.O You have WINGS?!.' :: 1 & 2.

It was cool out, rather cool in fact, and yet at the time it was the cool air was not unusual. Alone a mare walked, eyes scanning the slightly dimly lit area, smiling softly and humming a tune. She was...happy...and yet bored at the same time. She listened, closing her eyes, to the birds and the breeze through the trees. It was a moment of bliss. Unfortunately, as she closed her eyes she neglected to stop walking or even pay attention to her surroundings before said eyes closed. She paid no thought to the fact that she might well run into someone...

--------------------

"Oof!" Orion said, stumbling a bit as he ran into the mare, scrambling to regain his balance. "Eee, sorry." Orion rushed to make the mare was okay, panicking at the thought he had hurt (or offended) the other. 'That's what I get for not looking where I'm walking.' Technically, he had been looking where he had been walking though. He had just been only seeing a few inches ahead of where he was walking. 'But,' Orion rationalized with himself, 'if I don't watch my feet while I walk, I'll trip~'

--------------------

Glow's eyes snapped open and she stumbled backward. She blinked, looked, and saw the stallion. "Oh...I'm so sorry!" she said, worried and embarrassment in her voice and eyes. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going..." she repeated. Ducking her head for a moment she flushed bright red with embarrassment. "Are you ok?" she asked, her voice dropping quietly.

--------------------

"No! Gah!" Orion stumbled. "It's all my fault. I should have been looking up instead of at the ground," he admitted with a sheepish grin. "It's just a bad habit of mine. I tend to stumble a lot so sometime I store at my feet so I know I'm not going to trip on a rock and die or something, ya know?" Orion paused before he rambled on to himself, "Not that there is anything wrong with the ground, really. I mean, it's really pretty ground, I guess. As far as being dirt and grass goes, anyway."

He looked at who he was talking to, his eyes drawn to the mare's long shimmering hair. "And you have pretty hair, by the way," Orion added randomly, as per his usual conversations. "It's all light and pretty and fluffy." Orion nodded as he spoke before he took a glance around to make sure no one was close by. He moved a little closer to the mare, whispering in a slightly embarrassed tone, "Just don't tell any stallion I said that, okay? They'll make fun of me for looking at pretty hair." Orion pouted. It was his fault he was like poking at long hair. 'It was just so soft and pretty looking~'

--------------------

"No, its my fault, I had my eyes closed..." she said. "If I had had my eyes open I would have noticed you..." she blushed lightly and couldn't help but giggle a little. "Yes, the ground can be very pretty..." she smiled lightly, face still flushed. "oh..." her flush deepened. "Thank you..." she said at the complement. She was already shy around stallions, reason unknown, but a compliment from one, innocent or not, embarrassed her even more. "I won't tell..." was all she could respond.

--------------------

"You had your eyes closed?" Orion asked obliviously. "I didn't notice. But that's probably because I was looking at the ground, huh?"

"And your hair is so shiny!" Orion exclaimed, admiring the way. "It'd be cool if it was in a big long braid," he said. "Braids like mine, see?" Orion shook his head for emphasis, the braids of his mane slapping against the side of his neck. "I like braids, but I think that's probably because of Cheryl, this weird two-legged thing that likes to come by and put braids in my hair. But that's okay, because I think it makes me look handsome, dunchya think?."

--------------------

She smiled. "I never thought about a braid...I guess it would be pretty." she smiled. "My two-legged friend has never mentioned anything about braids or anything but she brushes my mane and tail a lot..." her face, having slowly started to return to its normal color flushed again. "Y-yes...vary handsome..." she said, stumbling over her words. She blinked for a moment. "You...I’m sorry but...do you have wings?" she knew she could sometimes be a bit oblivious...

--------------------

Orion nodded attentively as he listened, another one of his odd habits. "I just think Cheryl has a weird thing with hair, ya know? But brushing is good too, she does that every time she wants to redo my braids. She takes them out and brushes my mane with this ultra-soft brush thing~ And then my mane is kind of poofy and stuff from the braids but then she puts more in there so it really doesn't matter. Damascus hates it when she does it but Demon just sits there and preens."

"Ah ha! I AM handsome. Take THAT Foxtrot." Foxtrot was always teasing Orion about being the youngest and therefore cute but not handsome. Orion pouted at that thought. 'I am so handsome,' he whined.

"Wings? Wings? Where?" Orion took around rapidly, wondering for a moment what she was talking about. "Oh WINGS." He twisted his neck to glance at his gray-tipped wings. "I guess I do have wings," he admitted sheepishly. "Sometimes I forget you know? There just always there so sometimes you don't notice." He flicked them, stretching out the muscles with a quick shake.

--------------------

Glow smiled a bit shyly. "Wings are amazing...can...can you fly with them?" she asked curiously. She was absolutely fascinated by the feathered additives some had that she had not been blessed with. "I'm, sorry but...I think...that they are just...amazing..."

--------------------

Orion nodded once again. "Yep, I can fly~" Then he deflated. "But not very well. My brother and sister always beat me in races though." He pouted childishly. "They always pick on me about it."

"Wings are pretty cool though. Sometimes it just nice to get up in the sky and just be free~" He said the last word with a grin, spinning himself in a circle playfully as he looked at the azure sky.

--------------------

Glow turned her head around and rubbed her bare back. "You are so lucky...I’m just a plain, ordinary mare....." she sighed lightly and smiled a little.

--------------------

"Ah!" Orion said, hurriedly. "You're not plain or regular at all." He shook his head rapidly to the side as he spoke as emphasis. "I mean, just because you don't have wings doesn’t mean your plain or anything."

"I mean, look at you," he said, reaching for a compliment. "Your mane and tail are just so long and pretty and shiny. You should be proud of it." Orion smiled comfortingly. "Everyone is special in there own way. Just because you don't have wings doesn’t mean you’re any less pretty or special or wonderful or, or, or..." Orion paused. 'I'm out of adjectives. Shoot.'

--------------------

Glow blushes but had to giggle softly. "Thank you..." she said, smiling softly. She looked at her mane and tail, which did shine a bit in the light. "I suppose you are correct..." She looked back at him. "I'm not plain...but...I still find wings amazing..."

--------------------

Orion grinned, happy that she was amused. "See~ I personally don't think any Soquili is plain. I me, everyone is just so different, how can one of us be plain?"

Orion started, as if he suddenly remembered something. "By the way, before I forget. What's your name? Because ya know, it'd be awkward to ask you later since I've been talking to you for so long know so if later I ask you, I feel as if I should know and then I feel bad about not knowing and then I won't ask you which is bad since then I'll never know and so what'll happen if I need to know and you think I know but I don't know. So… yeah." Orion smiled disarmingly.

--------------------

"Oh..." She felt rather embarrasses again, as well as rude. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize..." she flushed. "My name is Glow Heart, but I am called Glow by most...well the few I know..." she said, looking down. “What might your name be?”

--------------------

"Oh no! I'm sorry. You shouldn't be sorry. It was my fault again." Orion deflated at the thought of making the pretty mare feel bad again. 'Dude, I suck at this meeting people thing.'

He smiled, trying to move on. "It's nice to meet you then, Glow. I'm Orion... the Wonderful." He winked as he tagged his signature line at the end of his name before he started laughing. He bent his head as he laughed, his braids falling in front of his eyes as he grinned.

--------------------

Glow smiled lightly. "It's a pleasure to meet you then, Orion." She giggled a little. "Well, no doubt you are, you're very kind, that is for sure." she smiled lightly.

--------------------

Orion ended his tirade of laughter with a quiet snicker. "I am, aren't I?" He gave a final grin before he spoke again, "And it's a pleasure to meet you, Glow, just as well."

"So," Orion started with a glance around the area. "What brings you out here today? It's a pretty day, isn't it?" Orion stared up at the clouds, enjoying the soft fluffy look of them in the endless sky.

--------------------

She smiled lightly and shrugged. "Well nothing per say...just out and about..." she smiled. “Out for a calming walk. It’s really nice out...."

--------------------

"Walking around is pretty nice huh?" Orion smiled sweetly before his mouth turned into a mischievous grin. "But sometimes it's great to run around, huh?" Orion broke out into a gallop, circling around Glow with a smile. "Come on~" he said, urging her to join him in a run.

--------------------

Glow blinked, her eyes widening a little. This Orion was so...energetic...it was unusual for her and did in fact startle her a bit...but change isn't always bad..."I'm not sure...I'm not a fast runner..." she said.

--------------------

"Awww," Orion whined, coming up to her side. He bent his head, pushing her along gently to get her going. "It doesn't matter~ You don't run because you're fast. You run for the sake of running."

He did another circling, his mane splaying out behind him at his speed. He paused when he was a few meters ahead of Glow, turning back to give her an encouraging smile. "Come on. What can you lose?"

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:36 pm
-Reserved for Arctica Imperio RP-  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:14 pm
.Let's Get Dirty :: Imperio and Azariel.
.Date :: Mar. 04, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Let's Get Dirty!.' :: 1.

Azariel burst her way through bushes, trotted right through mud puddles and generally made herself look awful as she bounded through the forest, quite intent on something. You see, today was no ordinary adventure into the forest to explore; today Az was on a special assignment. She was being sent to find a special plant, something called a "mint leaf". Her two-legger had shown her what it was supposed to look like, scratching it into the earth so Az wouldn't forget it.

Why was she supposed to go looking for this plant? Az wasn't really sure, something about putting it in water to drink. Huh. Go figure. Oh well, any excuse to go exploring and get down and dirty was good enough for her! Now, if only she could find that silly plant. She cast her gaze about in search of it, her muddy white tail flicking to and fro, but she didn't see anything like it.

--------------------

Imperio run amuck in the valley, running in a random pattern with a smile across his face. He gave a delighted leap and a high-pitched niegh from the back of his throat. He turned his head apward as he ran, looking into the deep asure sky with a carefree feeling.

Unwatching where he was going, he tripped over a small wayward rock, sending him tumbling into the stream with a large splash. Imperio blinked as he came to from his natural high. He sat, confused, in the center of the shallow stream, his wet mane dripping in front of his face. "Huh? How did I get in the water?"

Shrugging the insignificant issue aside, he amused himself by watching the water move past him. He lifted his front right goove andsplash the water a little. He giggled in amusement as he repeated the action, unaware of the young filly that was barely a few feet away.

--------------------

Azariel's ear flicked forward and she raised her head from its former position of curiously sniffing at a frog. It was a terribly interesting creature, it's mouth would get bigger as it made a sound and it made her want to poke it. She refrained because of this new sound. Splashing.

"Eh?" She mumbled, moving closer to the source, "What's this?" She pushed her way though a bush and blinked in surprise. "Oh, hey!" She greeted, grining and trotting over. "You alright?" She asked, tilting her head to the side and blinking at him. He was sitting in the middle of the little river, so she was curious as if to why he was.

A bit of muddripped off of her mane and she shook it a bit, splattering more of it everywhere. She had temporairly forgotten her reason for being out in the first place, but she would remember it in time.

--------------------

"Hm?" Imperio said as he looked up from his playing in the water. His caught caught sight of a filly by a nearby bush, covered in mud. "Me?" He looked back and forther rapidly, trying to see if there was anyone else she might be talking to, "Oh, yes, me." He grinned disarmingly at the filly. "YEP. I'm perfectly okay. Why do ya ask?"

He stood up, still amusing himself as he made a purposeful splash with his back hooves. He giggled to himself, repeating the action once more before looking up. "And why are you covered in mud?" He looked confused, wondering why he wasn't covered in mud too. 'I wanna be dirty too,' he thought, disressed at being so clean.

--------------------

Azariel chuckled shaking her head. He was certainly interesting!
"I aas asking because you were sitting in the middle of the water," She pointed out, using a hoof to gesture and splashing bits of water.

"Mm? Me?" She tilted her head, "Oh, I just splashed in a lot of mud on the way here." She explained. "I like to be dirty. You know, mud, dirt, whatever you like. It's fun!" She giggled, "Don't you like to get dirty?" She chuffed softly and shrugged, turning and stepping out of the water. Since he was clearly okay, she had no reason to be there and she had just remembered the whole reason for coming out here and needed to do that.

--------------------

"Oh, huh?" He looked around, realizing that he was in the water. "I guess I am in the water. But what's wrong with that?" he asked, confused. "Water is fun~" He lifted one hoof again to make a splash, giggling childishly at his fun.

"Dirt is fun!" Imperio said, happily, starting to get up from his seat in the slow running stream. Water dripped from body and Imperio gave himself a shake, water splattering everywhere in its wake. "I love playing in dirt~" he said dreamily. Then he pouted, "But everyone always scolds me when I come back covered in mud. Especially Demon, the poo-head. It just sucks 'cause afteward one of them will catch me and make me take an icky bath with the bubbly stuff that tastes bad."

--------------------

Azariel blinked and shoook her head, "Nothing," She replied hastily, wondering if she had offended this new colt, "I was just saying..." She watched him stand and splash about again and wondered if he would like to play with her?

She flinched suddenly as droplets of water splashed onto her, "Hey!" She snapped automatically and looked at him in mock-anger. Her ears perked and she listened to him. She shook her head, "That's why you make up an excuse!" She chided shaking her head, "So they don't get mad at you, you make up some sort of excuse so they won't be!" She laughed softly, "You might still have to deal with the bad-tasting stuff, but at least the aren't mad at you?" She blinked and tilted her head to the side, curious, "Everyone? How big is your family?" Who could blame her if she was so curious?

--------------------

Imperio gave a sheepish look. "Sorry," he said with a grin, ducking his head slightly at his words. He suddently brightened up at her suggestion. "WOW. I've never thought of that." He practically glowed at the new idea. "You're smart~ I'm Imperio; what's your name?"

Imperio nodded as he thought. "Well... I think it's pretty big but that's just me. I've never really met another whole family so I'm not sure. Let's see.. we have..." Imperio stopped and thought for a moment, picturing the teepee and trying to see if he could remember them all. "First there is Grandaddy-uncle Orchu who thinks I should be calmer and auntie-Nora who scolds me when I come home dirty most often. Uncle-Orion doesn't care most of the time though," Imperio said, brightening. "It's usually Uncle Orion's fault that I'd be dirty anyway." Imperio pasued in thought again. "Then there is Uncle Demon who always uses all these big words and confuses me. Uncle Avaru doesn't say much and Uncle Damascus just sleeps all the time and doesn't play with me often. Aunti Moir is kinda creepy and depressing, but Auntie-Mocha always plays with me like Uncle Orion. Auntie-Mocha and Uncle-Orion are siblings, they tell me, but they don't act like siblings. They always pick and yell at each other and Uncle Orion says that means they are close, but I still don't get why."

Imperio paused, knowing he was missing a few. "Umm... I don't know Auntie-Certa, Auntie-War, and Auntie-Nixsi very well though. They just kinda showed up one day and stayed, but they never really play with me." Imperio pouted. "Arctica is fun though~" he said with a grin. "She's just the same age as I am and isn't an old fart like everyone else. She doesn't talk a lot though and she always tells me that I'm too loud." The pout reapeared at full force. "And I don't understand why~" he whined, cutely.

--------------------

Azariel shrugged, "It's fine, fine! Just commenting on it." She laughed softly, shaking her head and neck a bit, short white mane flapping. Her ears twitched at the compliment and shook grinned at him, "Nah, I've just learned a bit more then you, that's all." She blinked at his abrupt changes in subject, "Hmm? Oh, I'm Azariel."

She listened quietly as the phoenix-colt described his family, fascinated, "Wow! You really do have a lot of family!" She grinned, white tail swishing to and fro, "I only have my father and my brother, two of 'em, actually." She tilted her head to the side, "I never see Twilight or Kalm though," She huffed softly, "And I've never seen my Mother." She shook her head, "Not that mother would understand me, probably."

She blinked, dark-blue eyes at him in curiosity, "Oh? There's another of you?" She grinned, "How exciting!" She paused and stomped a hoof, shrugging, "Eh, aren't we all loud, though?" She asked, looking at him sideways, "Eh, maybe she's just a spoil-sport," She pranced a bit in place, eager to move about, though she was still quite covered in mud, "We have to be loud! It's part of being fun!" She smiled at him, hoping he'd be like her, into anything and everything, just because he could.

--------------------

Imperio brightened up, "Learning about others is a good thing, right? It's nice to meetcha Azariel." Imperio paused, tasting the name on his tongue. He grimaced before he pouted. "That's a really really long name. Can I give you a nickname? Can I, can I?" he asked excitedly. "Imma call you Aza. Because it's nice and short and you're name is really pretty but it's hard to say it really really fast over and over again, ya know?" He nodded.

"I guess I do have a big family~" Imperio said. "I'm not really related to any of them anyway, but they're still my family and I've known them for forever." His mane scratched the side of his neck as he fidgeted excitedly. "Aww~" he said, hearing the new of her never seeing her brothers. "That's no cool. I kn ow Auni-Nora has a sister and a brother but she never visits them or anything. I think Uncle Orion has a brother or sister too but they never talk." Imperio gave her a friendly nudge on the shoulder. "I've never met my mother, either really. I don't mind too much though," Imperio said with a bright smile. "I mean, I already have a family, so what more can I want? Uncle Orion always says it was her loss, anyway, whenever I ask."

Imperio closed his eyes in another disarming smile. "And it's your mother's loss too, for never meeting a daughter like you," he said, his tackiness of his statement overun by his truthful demeanor.

"That's what I think, but Arctica still insists that I don't need to yell everything I saw." The pout deepened. "I don't yell everything. Just most of everything," he said with a mischievous glint in his firey-colored eyes. "Honestly, what's the fun in being quiet? Being loud is just~" he stopped, jumping around as he tried to explain his thoughts aloud. "It's just.. I dunno. Being loud?"

--------------------

Azariel grinned, "Sure, sure! People sometimes call Me "Az" but as long as it's not something like "butterfly"--" She grimaced, remembering when that filly had tried to call her that, "I'll be okay." She paused and blinked, "'Aza' is a new one," She smiled, "I like it, Imperio."

"But they still have their huge family, right? So they're okay," She grinned cheerfully, "I'm fine! I have my Father and my two-legger around all the time! There's no problem with me!" A lie, she missed not seeing her brothers and never having seen her mother, but she wouldn't let it dull her attitude. She shook her head, "Ah, so we're in the same boat a bit, huh?" She laughed.

A raised eyebrow and a smile of her own, "Yeah, sometimes I wonder if she'll come back, you know?" She shrugged, shaking her head.

"The only time someone should be quiet is if they need to listen," spoke Azariel sagely, nodding, "Otherwise the world is just too quiet, right?" She grinned, "Isn't it boring without noise? Nothing to keep your attention."

--------------------

Yay~ I'm glad you do~" He gave another grin. "Az is a nice name but I get to be special!" Imperio practically danced on the spot at the thought of being giving the mare a unique nickname.

Imperio really didn't mind not knowing his parents; it wasn't in his nature to worry. While it would be nice to have brothers and sisters and a mother and father, he already had a family that he cared about. Already he had pounced on the closest topic that caught his eye/ears. "Ohhh~ You have two-leggers too at your place? What are they like? Huh, huh?" He moved closer, practically in her face as he asked, his apparent disregard for personal space surfacing again.

"I'm sure she will, Aza!" Imperio said, optimistically. "You just have to believe that she will. If you start doubting, that's all that you'll have right? Doubts?"

"Exactly! I just dunno why Arctica doesn't see that. Silence is so boring and dull. I mean, if no one will talk, I will!" Imperio said with a flick of his tail. "I dunno what I'd talk about but it's better than nothing, right? There's always something to say, it's just the question of whether what you say is relevant or not?" He laughed almost sheepishly, glad to have met someone who loved to talk as much as he did."

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 3:31 pm
.Snowy Night :: Nixsi and Ares.
.Date :: Mar. 05, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Ares and Nixsi.' :: 1.

The white coat of a well-built stallion entered an open glade, his pale form almost reflecting the light of the silvery moon. His cold eyes moved over the lands as they traveled over to the small stream that ran through the middle. The main attraction, he stretched his wings for momentarily walking towards the cool waters. He assumed the waters were cold after all, the breeze was chilly. A light snow fall had started and the flakes were landing in his braids dappling them. He let out a soft breath and watched as it fogged the air. It was a nice night, though it was snowing and there was a small breeze the coolness didn't seem to bother him. He took a step back and arched his neck to quench his growing thirst. He wondered if anyone else ever traveled out this late, he wouldn't think so. It was probably very early morning, around oneish perhaps. He did not know, but it was so calm and peaceful it was very... relaxing.

--------------------

A white and pale blue coated mare snorted lightly as her hooves dragged her on through the night. Her eyelids flickered shut for longer than a standard blink every now and then; however she continuously shook her head attempting to rid herself of the weariness. Her shiny blue and silver mane was swept this way and that as gusts of freezing air cascaded by the mare. She shivered slightly; causing her tassels on her halter to sway back and forth haphazardly. Torrents of snow descended upon her already soaked coat; stinging her body with each flake. Of all nights I find myself completely lost on the one night when a winter storm chooses to emerge. The mare whined to herself; horribly upset and tired. Her eyes flashed upward, staring into the darkness of the night. Suddenly the mare stumbled and fell; releasing a harsh whinny that pierced the air.

--------------------

The stallion's eyes narrowed as the wind picked up and the snow thrashed at his sides in almost a rage. Seeing as he had slept into mid day today he wasn't the least bit worn-out from sleep and the bitter cold was making it easy for him to stay awake. The dangers of the cold were no place to fall asleep for most of the time you did not survive. The snow grew denser, and clung to his already white pelt as a second coat. He flexed his wings, circulating the blood whenever they started to grow weak or numb. He continued forward until a sharp sound echoed into the night. It was another and in these nights not many survived. He knew that, he had seen many frozen bodies the last winter from one blizzard, but that had been worse than this one. The outside was as cold as his heart and he didn't particularly know if he wanted to aid this stranger. His callous eyes wandered as he strode into the direction it came from. This time the wind was at his back as if it were guiding him forward.

--------------------

Nixsi lay in the snow for a few minutes; her breathing ragged as she tried to shake her self from the impending shock of her fall. The mare shook her head; her body was aching yet she didn't seem to be hurt in anyway. The snow was now falling faster and with thicker flakes of snow; she knew she had to get up and keep moving otherwise she would be buried beneath the storm. Carefully she stood and took a few tentative steps; all her legs seemed to be working properly. Nixsi stood for a few minutes shivering; the wind was streaming towards her in a fury of ice. A few pleading whines escaped her throat and she continued stumbling through the snow; her head turned away and her hair blocking her face.

--------------------

Ares watched the female stay in the snow, she stayed there. He wanted to know if she was going to fight the storm, he was disregarding the bitter weather quite suitably in his opinion. He watched her as she moved forward and her expression as she moved. He knew why she fell, the ground was frozen and it was almost impossible not to fall or slip occasionally. He wondered what possessed her to be out this late in this type of weather. He was always testing himself, seeing if he was worthy to live. It was the way he was taught by his adoptive unikalona mother. He didn’t know her excuse. He didn't blame her for the occasional whimpers he heard through the thickness of the wind. His ears flared back as it started to pierce his hearing. He walked closer to her, his cruel eyes watching her.

He whickered to her; he could lead her to thicker woods where the trees could block out the wind and some of the other dangers of the weather. That and if they went there they'd be even closer to the mountains in which he could find her shelter in a cave. He wouldn’t have cared but the fact she had gotten up rather than laid down and given up proved something to him. He seemed to succumb to the weather himself, but the fact was he was still moving and surviving. He just wasn’t letting it take him over and kill him, nor letting it bother him. He had been through far worse and he wasn't going to let some insignificant storm have the better of him.

--------------------

The mare closed her eyes as she continued attempting to press on through the snow; shivering violently. Nixsi heard and whinny and was utterly confused at first; so many thoughts raced through her head. Where did that noise come from?, It was probably just the sound of the wind swishing quickly through the trees..., No soquili would be out this late... I must be dreaming...; the mare sighed. Defying her last thought she opened her eyes and squinted through the white snow and the black veil incasing everything else. There was a figure standing close by to her; however they blended in almost completely with the snow... Nixsi's azure eyes stared at them in confusion; wondering if they were really there or not. Perhaps it was a ghost... the figure was white with black patterns upon their coat. Nixsi closed her eyes again; expecting the creature to disappear when she reopened them. When she did though the figure was still there; standing in the snow staring at her. Nixsi wondered what it was doing; yet she was in such shock that she couldn't iterate any words and continued to stare.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 6:42 pm
.::RP Log - Main Thread::.
.Smexy, Bouncy, and Sugar Cubes :: Imperio, Cheryl, Nana, and Others.
.Date :: Mar. 11, 2007.
.Pages :: 24553 - 24561.
.Type :: Informal.

Master Wild Mage: Too many pretty foals. Imperio is beautiful. Can anyone else tell I love fire themes?

--------------------

Imperio: 8D -happy-

--------------------

Lady Kitania: -thinks Imperio is so smexy for a foal- <3

--------------------

Imperio: I'm smexy? Yay! -jumps around- Hey, hey, what does smexy mean? 8DDD

-shot- XD;;;

--------------------

Lady Kitania: Smexy as in... As in.... Uhh.. Good-looking! XD;

--------------------

Imperio: 8DD YAY. Pet me, pet me~ -goes in cricles around Wild- 8DDD

--------------------

Yasei: *Trots up to Imperio* 8D You look cool! *Bounces like a bunny*

--------------------

Kindle: *giggles* You act like Daddy after he's eaten sugar.

--------------------

Thistle: *sloooooowly walks away from* Someone's had a bit too much nectar.... and my mother told me to stop taking so much blaugh

--------------------

Imperio: Really? WOW. Thanks~ 8DD You bounce~ -tries to copy and fails- Aww, it's harder then it looks, huh? D:

Sugar, sugar, WHERE? -looks back and forth and around for sugar- I don't see any. ;.; -scurries closer to Kindle- Do you have sugar? Huh? -excited-

;.; I didn't have ANY nectar today. ;.; No one will give me any. They all say I don't need any. What does THAT mean? ;.;

xDD;; I love this little guy too much.

--------------------

Kanti: *watches Imperio* ... *blink blink blink*

--------------------

Thistle: I said that too.... she didn't buy it.... and I dunno what that means, maybe you aren't expressing yourself enough?

--------------------

Kindle: I'm not allowed to have sugar. *makes a face* Momma said that she was scared me and my sisters would act too much like Daddy. Do you like sugar? What's it taste like?

--------------------

Yasei: *Bounces again like she's had too much sugar* 8D What's hard to copy? *Springs around him like that*

--------------------

Imperio: I need to "express" myself more? HOKAY. 8DD -concentrate- ... I DUNNO HOW. DD:

-scurries up to meet the new lady- 8DDD HI! -prances around randomly-

Umm... -thinks eally hard- It's like.. really really sweet. Like an APPLE. But even sweeter. It's like.. if you took a BILLION apples and mushed the flavor and stuff in it into one little apple. -nods up and down enthusiastically- Yeah, yeah. Like that. ^____________^

--------------------

Suona: Scratch that! I can finally see him! He's gorgeous! *strokes his neck*

--------------------

Imperio: -cuddles into hand- WHEE. 8DD People are so nice. 8DD

--------------------

Kindle: *closes her eyes tightly, trying to imagine what billions of squished apples would taste like* Hmmmm... that sounds pretty sweet. A billion apples might give me a toothache, though. *stares at the colt, suspicious* Do you ever get toothaches from the sugar?

--------------------

Thistle: Maybe if you stopped eating the seeds of the apples you'd stop having toothaches domokun

--------------------

Kindle: *snorts* The seeds aren't the sweet part, though, silly bee!

--------------------

Kanti: *blinks at the other Soqs before prancing about*

Kaelyn: ...You not that mature, are you...

Kanti: scream Sush you. Old person >w>

Kaelyn: gonk NOTOLD *hides*

--------------------

Imperio: -nods up and down while jumping- Uh huh. Yep, but only when I eat LOADS of sugar. Like.. LOADS. But then I get in trouble. ;.; I dunno why though. I mean, if Uncle Orion gives it to me, it can't be ALL bad, can it? -oblivious-

--------------------

Thistle: I know, but it is the seeds causing the toothache, not the delicious sweetness of the apple.

--------------------

Imperio: I HADN'T THOUGHT OF THAT. DDDD:

--------------------

Zanna: *listens to the soquili and looks up at Suona* What is sugar?

It's food. Here try some *gives Zanna a sugar cube*

Zanna: *takes sugar cube from Suona and munches on it* eek

--------------------

Thistle: That's why I am a bumble bee wink

--------------------

Kindle: I'll have to meet your Uncle Orion sometime... perhaps he might be able to sneak me some sugar too? I want to try some really badly now, but I know Momma will throw a fit if she catches me with any.

--------------------

Thistle: So don't get caught wink

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: *holds out a sugar cube for each of the foals before slowly making herself scarce*

--------------------

Imperio: WOW. That's AMAZING. O.O I didn't know bees were so smart! -amazed-

--------------------

Kindle: *wanders over to Mage, eyeing the sugar cube in her hand* That does look mighty scrumptious....

--------------------

Imperio: -jumps up and down excitedly at the thought of meeting again sometime- YEAH. That's be so much FUN. Uncle Orion rocks. He always plays and runs and gives me stuff that I probably shouldn't have. He just tells me not to tell Aunti-Nora or Grandpa-Uncle Orchu 'cause then Uncle Orion will get in trouble. I wish had had some right now for you. D: -searches around to see if he can find any-

-runns over to mage and swipes one cube off the hand- Yay~

--------------------

Thistle: *licks up the sugar and leaves a nice wet trail* Thank you kindly! <3

Yes, us bumble bees are the secret treasures of knowledge in this world.... *smiles*

--------------------

Zanna: *sighs* I wish there were more familiars...it's so lonely here

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: They are quite good. *pops one into her own mouth before pulling another from her poket.* I won't tell if you don't. wink

--------------------

Zanna: *pokes at a flower and sighs*

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: You are very welcome little one. *pats the "bumble bee" on the head gently*

*watches Imperio jet across the grass on a sugar high*

--------------------

Nana: -wanders over and sniffs the rabbit- Hm? -tilts her head curiously to the side and pokes an ear with a paw-

--------------------

Mauli: *wanders by on his way towards the teepee for a good night's rest, when he hears the bunny's sigh*

What's wrong with you?

--------------------

Thistle: *puurs* O, I mean... *buzzes*

--------------------

Zanna: *looks up at the sound of a voice and stares into the yellow eyes of a ferret* Oh, Hello. Um...Nothings wrong. I'm just a bit lonely

--------------------

Imperio: -scurries back toward Mage- More? -jumps up and down wanting another-

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: *stares questioningly at the purring bee but continues her petting*

--------------------

Thistle: You suuuure you cannot fly? o_O

*basks in attention-petting* <3 A little to the right... ahhhh... right there.... yeeaaaaaaaaah....

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: *digs the last one from her pocket* This is it. Ok? *holds it a little high for the colt to reach waiting for an answer*

--------------------

Zanna: *sighs and lays head back down in grass*

Would you stop being so mopy and go talk to someone?

Zanna: *turns the other way, completely ignoring Suona*

--------------------

Imperio: Fly? I WISH. -wails- FLYING IS SO COOL THOUGH. 8DDD I mean, it's like FLYING in the like, SKY- twirls- ... YOU HAVE WINGS. -totally just noticed- Does that mean you can fly? 8DDD

--------------------

o0 Nel Zelpher 0o: *flyingtackleglomps Imperio* 8D

--------------------

Thistle: *absolutely amazed by the train of questions* No, these are just here for asthetic reasons.... *flaps and hovers in the air so is at the same height* wink

--------------------

Master Wild Mage: *scratches Thistle one last time before emptying her pockets of any sugar crumbs*

--------------------

Thistle: Mrrrrrrah! The pettings stopped gonk

--------------------

Imperio: ... 8DDDD -tries to tackle back-

-doesn't know was asthetic means- REALLY? WOW. -still completely amazed at the fact the other can fly- I wanna try! -tries to flap wings but doesn't have any- ;.; -jumps up and down isntead, hoping that maybe some wind will come by and lift him up- WHEEE~

--------------------

o0 Nel Zelpher 0o: *tackled* D8 *squashed*

--------------------

Zanna: *glances up from the grass* stare *lays head back down and sighs*

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:23 pm
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=8182107

.. Wanna put that RP here? <.<

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 7:58 pm
.A First Meeting :: Nixsi and Kai.
.Date :: Mar. 15, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] A First Meeting.' :: 1, 2 & 3.
.Status :: Finished.
.xxx.

"Hm. It's so boring." Kai hummed, as he wandered around a pond, staring into it's crystal clear water. True, he did have some friends but apparently they had gone off somewhere in search for something. He wasn't too interested in what they were searching for, so he had not decided to go along with them. Now that they were gone, he was getting just SLIGHTLY bored.. Not that he would admit, he was insanely bored. Other soquilis lurked about, but he wasn't too interested in too much conversation with all of those soquilis who seems to be talking about love and such these days.

He'd just prefer a nice conversation with a friend about every-day things.. Than again, being alone was nice.

As Kai gazed at his surroundings, with a piercing gaze that showed off his emerald-green eyes, he reverted his eyes back to the pond. His white coat gleamed in the sunlight, but his black contradicted greatly with his surroundings. His great long tail, swished back and forth as he restlessly paced around the pond.

--------------------

Nixsi's azure eyes gazed down upon her reflection in the gleaming water of a pond; and her reflection stared right back up at her. Nixsi tilted her head to one side; her reflection mimicked her and cocked its head to the side as well. The mare frowned and sighed; she dipped her blue hoof into the crisp water and the rippling of the water drowned her reflection. She turned and started ambling away from the pond; however her gate was excessively leisurely. This was due to the mere realization the mare had just seconds before; and she began pondering to where she would go. Minutes later she found herself still wondering upon the same question. Nixsi sighed half-heartedly; realizing she knew no place in which her heart desired for her hooves to take her. Nevertheless the mare heard a humming noise and blinked for a few seconds before swiveling her ears toward the sound. Slowly, her eyes followed and she found herself gazing upon a stallion that was situated upon the other side of the pond; not too far off. Nixsi tilted her heard as she stared at him and let out a few light snorts; wondering if the stallion would notice she was there.

--------------------

As he moved around restlessly, he could hear several soft snorts behind him. If a soquili had found it funny to watch him this whole time, he would be committing murder, and the victim would not be himself. Feeling irritated, he was about to tell the soquili to scram or else. But in the midst of his anger, he was surprised to find a mare instead.

His flashing angry eyes suddenly turned soft, as he hoped that the other soquili did not witness his anger just a minute before. It was his policy to be courteous to mares, unless circumstances said otherwise. But there was no one else here besides the two of them. But he was not one to being shy or to follow a lot of society's rules.

"Instead of just hanging out there, Wouldn't it be less lonely to come over here?" As he cocked his head to the side, her emerald eyes mischievous, as he commented on the situation.

He couldn't help but notice that the mare had rare unusual markings but quite intricate. But the reins around her, seemed to imply that she was already tamed by a human? Nonetheless, She looked like one of innocence. If it were possible to smile without changing one's expression, Kai would have. He enjoyed the affairs he had with other mares, but he never wanted to settle down. One often remarked that he was like the wind. You could never be able to hold onto him or the wind.

--------------------

Nixsi's eyes gazed upon the stallion as he turned around and she stifled the urge to flinch as he sent her a piercing glare; but it quickly shifted to that of a pleasant and soft expression. The mare tilted her head a slight fraction and listened to the stallion; his tone of voice seemed rather coarse yet he was polite. Nixsi replied in a delicate manner, "If my presence will not irritate you than I shall be quite content to join you..." She stared at the stallion and a slight smile formed upon her face. Nixsi was always one to out other's feelings before herself and she did not wish to intrude upon the stallion's isolation if that was what he wished. The mare's gentle eyes gazed at the stallion and she felt him examining her; his eyes traveling about her coat. She felt slightly self conscious yet knew there was nothing wrong with her; every soquili had unique markings are there were many different breeds. Nixsi was one who would rarely blush and would never find herself doing so under the scrutinizing stares of another. The mare however felt it would not hurt to thoroughly look over the stallion as well... He had a strong build and his ever white coat was adorned with black swirls. Such a mellifluous coat..., Nixsi pondered. The last thing about the stallion she noticed was his stunning emerald green eyes; they were full of color and so beautiful. Nixsi’s opened her mouth slightly as if to speak yet; she was not able to for some peculiar reason. She quickly closed her mouth and shook her head ever so slightly; causing sparkles to flash over her shiny silver halter.

--------------------

Ah. So she had noticed. "Your presence does not irritate me or anything similar to that effect. Quite the opposite actually." He remarked. "It's always nice to have company." He said, a bit reassuringly, and in reality it was true. It just depended on the certain types of company one had and the cirsumstances.

But while he was talking, he could see the mare's sky blue eyes observing him.. Her eyes he could say, resembled much of a blue jewel he had found once, although he had not known what it was called. But nonetheless, one could get lost in them. It was either good or bad depending on the situation.

Kai didn't think he was a good sight but he wasn't particularly a bad one either. But as he saw she made no move to move, he cocked his head a bit to the side with a amused expression. He could see this mare was not shy, but she made no attempt to move either.

"Would you like something to eat.. Or perhaps drink?" As he gestured to the fruits and streams nearby. "Or would you be looking for something else?" He said, as a slight breeze blew throughout the land. The breeze slightly ruffled his coat, and caused a lock of mane to fall upon his face, giving him a slightly dangerous look.

But as he moved closer, and the minutes ticked by.. He whispered into her ear.. "Are you sure you want to be hanging out with me though?" His voice low. "I'm the big bad horse, that mothers always warn their foals about." He couldn't be faulted or blamed for not giving her a warning.. Kai was more of straightfoward soquili that preferred no strings attached. And an advance warning was always nice.

--------------------

A slight smile appeared on Nixsi's face and she began to amble toward the stallion; her gait graceful. "I suppose so; yet I wouldn't really know. Often times I find myself alone." I must admit though; company sure is nice when one is with certain individuals. The mare told herself; and she came to a halt beside the stallion. Nixsi tilted her head slightly when she noticed the stallion staring her in the eye; nevertheless she resisted the urge to ask such an unnecessary question such as, 'what'. The mare followed the stallions gaze as he motioned to fruits growing lushly about them and the streams near by. "I am neither particularly thirsty nor hungry at the moment but I thank you kindly for being so thoughtful and asking me if I were so. If you would like to eat or drink I would be pleased to join you however." Nisxi held a thoughtful expression on her face before blinking a few times whilst she pondered how to answer his next question. "I find myself unable to comprehend what you mean; is there something else I should be looking for?" A puzzled look graced her face as she continued to wonder what the stallion could've meant. Nixsi eyes the stallion as he drew closer to her; curious as to what he were doing. She listened to his voice as he whispered in her ear; he sounded... odd though as he spoke. It's as if he wants me to be afraid or something... The mare shook her head. "Yes I am quite positive; you seem interesting and I wouldn't mind accompanying you around. And I know neither of my parents so lucky for you I have received no prior warning. Though..." She frowned slightly. "I must say it would be nice if you would spare me the courtesy of knowing your name." Nixsi would tell the stallion her name once she received his; although a part of her wasn't sure if she wanted to know it. That had gotten along quite fine so far and hadn't exchanged names yet.

--------------------

"Perhaps, I don't have a name." He said innocently enough. "But than maybe I do.." He pretended to ponder thoughtfully. But to him.. Names were to distinguish an object or other. Nothing necessarily important, he didn't have anything to lose if he told her. "Well. Since it is required in society these days to accustom oneself to a proper greeting.." He said a bit wryly, "Than I shall tell you my name." His voice light. "It's Kai.. Although names are nothing special."

"Oo. No contact with parents? Tough." As he raised an eyebrow. "Every soquili should have parents, and a warm loving family.. But there are exceptions to that I suppose." Gesturing with his hood carelessly to the side. Honestly, he didn't care for those kind of families. He was an orphan for as long as he could remember.

"Anywayyyy. Your naiveté shows." As he raised a slight eyebrow. "But it's all right." A slightly cheerful tone. He wouldn't feel right anyways, if he took advantage of a mare such like this. "Any place that you want to head to? Or go? I'd be happy enough to accompany you." Demonstrative enough of his gentlemen-like abilities.

--------------------

Nixsi blinked at the stallion; rather confused at his first implication of not having a name. "Kai..." The mare repeated; finding herself quickly find of the stallion's name. A faint smile crossed her lips as she thought about what he said. "Since you say that names are nothing special it seems rather frivolous to tell you mine. Yet to remain polite and follow the customs which the society dictates I shall tell you mine as well." She paused for a moment. "My name is Nixsi." Truthfully the mare was fond of her name; knowing what it meant in a different language and having her owner name her it for the meaning. She however knew it might sound odd or seem strange to others. Nixsi hesitated for a moment before quickly adding, "Nix means snow in Latin; my owner says my coat reminds her of snow and she often just calls me Nix as opposed to Nixsi." The mare nodded gravely. "Well... although I do not have parents I do have a family; some of them loving." She gave a soft chuckle. The mare pondered his question for a moment. "I can't think of any place in particular at the moment... What were you doing before you noticed my presence?" Nixsi looked at the stallion quizzically and tilted her head slightly.

--------------------

"Nothing much." he said vaguely. He didn't care to discuss much of those subjects.

But with a change of subject, "That's a nice name. It seems to suit you well." He complimented truthfully. But why wasn't he a bit surprised when she annouced that he had an owner? It was most likely a human he suspected. "Ah. I thought so. You are tamed by the humans after all." He said with a touch of a knowing tone. But for a split second, a strange look came over his eyes when he was onto the subject of humans. Anger.. Revenge.. Darkness? One couldn't quite tell. It disappeared as quickly as it came.

However, at the mention of a family however, he refrained comments on the subject. He never had a family or ever planned to, so he could not comment on the subject because of the lack of experience that he had with families.

But a random question seemed to pop up into his mind. "Would you think that hanging out with a person is boring unless you have something to entertain yourself?" He said, his head tilting to the side. He was bit curious. He always found it to be that way but lately, people seem to be disagreeing with the idea. He couldn't see why.

--------------------

Nixsi's eyes lit up at receiving such a compliment from Kai. "You think so? Most people think that my name is odd; it's nice to hear that someone thinks it suits me." She beamed broadly at the stallion. "What?" Nixsi blinked. Quickly realization struck her. "Oh! You mean my halter?" She tilted her head slightly. "I don't necessarily have to wear it; none of the other horses I live with have one. However it doesn't bother me and I sometimes chew on the tassels when I am bored." She gave a shy grin; she must seem very peculiar to Kai. Nixsi pondered his question for a few seconds. "I'm not quite sure what you mean... Well... I don't think being with you right now is boring and all we are doing is talking; though I'm not sure if you would consider that to be entertainment... Usually I don't find myself bored when I am in the company of someone." Nixsi continued thinking on the topic. Actually... even when I am alone I don't find myself often bored... The mare frowned and shook her head.

--------------------

"Well.. Everyone has different opinions." He said distractedly, as it was close to becoming nightfall. Among others, he was known as a bit of a rake, and it would prove quite scandalous for a single mare to stay in one's company. Sometimes, one's reputation was everything. Only god knew, that he had built his up intentionally.

Raising a slight eyebrow at Nixsi's remark, "No soquili has to wear it, luv. Life always gives you a choice." He said. When life gave you lemons, sell 'em. In other words, take advantage of the offers to the best you could was his opinion. "I guess reins could be one more step, for humans to prove their superiority over us." He said smoothly. He preferred to be a free and wild stallion, never to be harnessed by humans. Some soquilis like himself, had prove to be sufficient enough to survive on their own but there was a frightening but increasing trend of soquilis who took a human companion these days becoming more and more dependant on them. He was deeply perplexed by the issue.

As he intently studied Nixsi, a range of emotions often crossed her face. If he wasn't mistaken.. She looked shy, and the next moment.. in thought. And the last, was a frown. He didn't quite understand how she could be so expressive.. strangely innocent as if life had been kind to her. So naive. But for him, it was quite the opposite. As a matter of fact, It refused to be.. And in result, he had yelled obscenities at the damn things.

As he listened to her words however, he felt a faint puzzlement as he took in Nixsi's words. "..really?" As he softened a bit. "I guess everyone is different." He murmured. Maybe he just liked the fast pace of life, that almost never slowed down. Life was always a whirlwind of many different things.

"Well. I guess we're vastly different than." He commented, giving her a tender smile.

--------------------

"That is very true." Nixsi added thoughtfully. "One of the soquili in my family is very critical of others." The mare stated with a frown. "All he seems to care about is one's appearance and not so much the personality of others... I will never be able to understand him I'm sure; yet none the less because of his opinions not many of the members of our family hold him in high regard... I wouldn't want to have the same opinions as him and be viewed this way. Henceforth I am thankful everyone's opinions are unique." Nixsi felt rather awkward as she spoke; wondering what Kai would think of her story or perhaps if he was listening at all. The mare sighed. "I know that no one has to... I think it's nice though... I like the color of it and the tassels as I said... And what if life didn't give me a choice... I really don't think people always have a choice of what they want or don't want..." Nixsi was so confused and yet didn't even know if her argument made sense. Nixsi thought it did at least. "I suppose we are quite different... yet would it be 'entertaining' to meet someone exactly as you are; with the same ideals and thoughts?" The mare tilted her head slightly and swished her tail.

--------------------

Chucking slightly, Kai's eyes twinkled with mischief. "Your cousins sounds like an a**. I hope I'll be fortunate enough to run into him, someday." He said lightly, as he grinned. He always did delight in teaching others such as her cousin.. a small lesson. But only within reasonable limits. He didn't care if someone got treated badly... Unless it was a lady or himself. But he had to admit.. Those kind of soquilis always annoyed the crap out of him anyways. But he always enjoyed a good fight whether he won or lost. However, it depended on the foe.

Taking slight care in his words, not to offend Nisxi, "I think no one would hold anyone like that in high regards. The rest of your family must be smart. I give them credit for that." He said, but he was temporarily distracted by the awkward-ness in her tone. He didn't realize that he was that uncomfortable to talk to..? But it might have been just him. "And everyone being different, is just what we call 'individuals' darling." He remarked, in a good-natured way. He didn't want to sound like a know-it-all, but he was just making a statement. He gave her a friendly smile, to prove to her that he was only being friendly.

"It can't be helped if you like the trinkets that the humans give you. I have no problem with that. It's being owned by the humans themselves that give me the trouble. But let's get off that topic, shall we?" He remarked. Leaning close in to her, "Or you'll have me in a heated debate about the humans. Trust me. you don't want that~" He was giving her a playful warning, to show that he was quite tired of the subject.

"But even though we are different, they say opposites attract.. Don't they?" As he tipped his head to the side, teasing her. As he tugged on her rein playfully. But by than, he was already in close-contact with her.. Although He -had- to admit.. he was oddly was curious. Nixsi seemed to be so composed. What would make this mare tick?

--------------------

Nixsi blushed slightly; feeling guilty that she was talking badly about her kin. However, she knew that Demon was too haughty to care what she or any others said about him; considering them to be inferior to him. "Yes... he is an a** you could say." She felt somewhat odd using the term 'a**' to insult someone; Nixsi wasn't the type of mare to generally talk about other Soquili. She cocked her head in confused at the stallion. "What to you mean by fortunate?" She didn't understand why someone would want to meet Demon... Her mouth hung open for a second wondering what would happen if the two Soquili were to meet. Nixsi pondered how Kai would act towards him... Kai was a rather curious fellow in Nixsi's opinion and she wished she could understand his thought process. The mare knew however, that if threats were made Demon would avert around the situation; he was not a Soquili that would get his hooves 'dirty' by fighting with others. He was too afraid something would happen to his 'flawless' appearance. Nixsi blinked at Kai for a moment. "No... I suppose no one would hold someone with that mentality in high regards... However, he is apart of my family and my owners continue to care for us all despite our dispositions." Nixsi frowned at Kai. Individual?, the mare knew what an individual was... Well. Everyone was an individual; but come to think of it... What really was an individual? Sure, all things look differently in some way and think differently. But how different could something really be. Kai and Nixsi were the same species, just perhaps seperated by gender, color, and thoughts. Perhaps it wasn't even worth thinking about and best just to be accepted as the way it was. Nixsi giggled. "You're right. I wouldn't have enough will power to decline my 'trinket' as you put it. And I don't quite understand what's wrong with humans..." Nixsi was confused; wondering if there was something Kai wasn't telling her as to why he was bothered, as he put it, by humans. The mare shook her head lightly; tossing her mane about before it settled back down upon her neck. She gave him an inquisitive look. "Opposites attract?" She repeated. "I have never heard anyone say that before... Is there some specific reason that people say that?" She was rather curious as to if this was true or not and wished him to explain further. Her azure eyes watched him curiously as he leaned in closer to her and gave a gentle tug upon her halter. A rush of excitement, or some unknown emotion fled through her when he was in close proximity to her; yet she really had no clue why. She blushed profusely and kept her eyes peered in the opposite direction of his.

--------------------

I would think you know what I would mean when I say 'fortunate'.. Well. if you don't~ Than that's allright. The male logic is hard to comprehend at times." Giving her a small chuckle. It amazed Kai at times when the female and male mind could be so similar, and yet so vastly different. But than there was the differences between both of the genders too. Kai much preferred females over males as females proved to be of a greater company than men. But it wasn't as if Kai didn't appreciated his male aquaintaces either. He had quite a few friends~

With a humorous look on his face, regardless of the subject about a distasteful soquili, ".. I suppose.. Although If I was an owner.. I'd be working on improving his attitude.." He remarked. "..But than again, I suppose that humans can't tell what a soquili is like since they can't actually communicate.. you know? But I'm not a human, so I wouldn't know." As Kai considered the issue. What would he be like if he was a human? But whatever. Why would he bother talking about something if it was never going to happen?~ Oh well.

"There's nothing wrong with humans if you don't think there is." As he offered her a affectionate smile. But he took care to avoid the subject. He didn't like to discuss his past with anyone, if he could help it. Kail often has wondered the same thing.. Why Kai has such dislike for humans. Obviously, He could see that both Nixsi and Kail liked humans.. but that didn't mean that he has to start liking them.. And he didn't feel like particularly talking about his past with anyone either.

"Well. I don't know -why- opposites attract either, but it always seems to happen." He pondered, thoughtfully. "I guess.. that the other must intrigue the person that they become closer.. or something?" Kai said, both perplexed and puzzled at the issue.

"Only God knows why." As he shrugged it off. But noticing the slight blush, and her adverted gaze.. Kai took some pleasure in the issue. What would happen if... Well he wuold find out wouldn't he?

"Hey Nixsi..?" He said, a bit questioningly but if one listened closer.. There was a hint of amusement.

--------------------

Nixsi blinked for a moment before shrugging her shoulders; sometimes even if she understood something she would question it just to confirm her thoughts. She would rather make sure she understood something completely then make an assumption upon a subject. Nixsi listened intently to Kai; curious to get more of an insight upon his views of human kind. "Well... I suppose it would be in Demon's benefit for a change in attitude; however, Polar And Cheryl don't have the time to work towards correcting Demon's behavior. They have a large family to care and provide for an we are fortunate to have them to look after us." The mare pondered for a second more before continuing. "And even if they attempted to spend time adjust Demon's disposition; there's no guarantee that they would be successful. Demon is rather stubborn and narrow minded..." Nixsi gave her blue tail a swift flick. "I think the humans may be able to comprehend some of our thoughts by our actions... Maybe that is a stretch though. You are right... we can't communicate and for some strange reason we weren't meant to be able to I don't think." But why not? Nixsi couldn't help but ask herself. Some creatures could understand one another; but others couldn't... Why was it so? The mare shook her head to concentrate once again upon different matters Kai had begun to address. She frowned. "Really? ... Always?" Nixsi didn't think it was possible that couples were always those that just mirrored each other in an opposite fashion; she could be wrong though. She gave a curt nod of her head. "Yes; I mean... It would be rather dull to meet someone who thought exactly as you did... wouldn't it?" Nixsi was starting to become lost thinking about the subject. There was so many 'what if' that could be asked. "God..." She repeated quietly; hoping the stallion hadn't heard her mumbling. Polar didn't believe in god and therefore the issue of 'God' was rarely mentioned or even thought of in their family. Nixsi sighed before quickly looking at the stallion. "Yes Kai?" She answered rather hastily; and in a drastic attempt to salvage the situation she coughed lightly. Another rosy blush appeared upon her white cheeks that she was unable to hide.

--------------------

"Your family is huge." He nodded agreeably. "It may be better that you have three people to take care of that herd." He remembered snatches of a conversation where Kail had complimented on a family (practically) a herd owned by three people. He had no doubt, that it was probably Nixsi's family. But he still couldn't imagine being owned by -any- humans, no matter their personality. He always thought of a human as chains. Unfortunately, Kai didn't like to be chained down.

He had often heard of others remarking that the was an unusual sort and unpredictable soquili. Sometimes, He couldn't agree more. He could be friendly, and the next minute he could be cold. He spoke the truth and yet not the truth. He fit the situation to whatever would suit his purposes. There was a lot more to Kai, than the averagely smart but overly flirtatious rake that others saw him as. But as long as they didn't realize that there was a calculating mind underneath.. it was fine with him to assume the 'rake' persona. Not that he didn't enjoy it all together. It was an entertaining facade~

"I think it's perfectly fine just to communicate with other soquilis." Shrugging his mane off to one side. His gaze was focused on some other part of the land however. "If need be, Body language can be used to communicate with humans. I don't think it really matters one way or another." Displaying his indifferent attitude to the situation, suddenly.

"But there are better topics to be discussing about instead of humans." He mused. "Like this." As he gave her a unsuspecting mare a small kiss. 'Mwah." Giving her a cheerful grin. She really was adorable with her blushes and naiveté~

--------------------

Nixsi considered Kai's suggestion for a few moments. "That actually.... seems like a rather splendid idea." The mare hesitated though before continuing... "You... You don't have a human companion do you?" Her voice quavered a bit; afraid that Kai would be upset with her for asking such a question when he seemed to have such a strong dislike toward humans. She inhaled deeply; steadying herself for what she was preparing to ask next. "Well.. What I meant to ask was; if you do have a human that is. Would they perhaps be interested in becoming a part of the family? Polar and Cheryl could use the extra help I assume and you... well... if you wanted to... you could become a part of our family too..." Nixsi was so embarrassed; she knew how badly she was fumbling over her words and wouldn't blame him for outright saying no to everything she was henceforth asking and such. She inwardly groaned at her own stupidity. "It's nice having a large family; there is always someone to talk to and to keep you company." The mare tried to finish her rambling on a strong note; and she was rather surprised how well she ended that. Nixsi frowned at him slightly; having a somewhat different opinion than the stallion. That's what makes a person an individual... She assured herself. Her ears perked up suddenly. "Better topics? Such as?" The prospect of an discussing an entirely new subject with Kai seemed intriguing; however she was not prepared for what he did next. Nixsi stood, slightly horrified; not because the stallion had kissed her, but because she had no clue how to react. She felt her face growing excessively hotter by the second before she caught the smug looking grin upon his face. Slowly; she let her lips curve upward into a smile and she giggled lightly at Kai before nudging his face affectionately with her muzzle.

--------------------

At Nixsi's odd words, Kai gave a little laugh. They both knew that she was rambling a little.. But it wasn't as if Kai minded. It was cute~ Regardless. Placing his forehead against hers, partially to silent her but it was also a gesture of intimacy. "No.. I don't have one. My friend Kail has one however who has offered to take me in.." His voice trailing off slightly.

"But I'll think about the offer.. Although I can't guarentee anything." As he took the thought into some consideration. He hadn't promised or anything remotely similar to a promise to a mare for a long long time now. He usually avoided it when possible.. But it was something about this mare, that was so intriguing. Sometimes, he felt as if he couldn't stop himself.

But a question lingered in the back of his mind. "Why did it feel that this innocent mare could even make him feel like a good guy while also being a bag guy?" He had wondered silently. Chuckling slightly at the idea, Kai knew better. He had committed too much sins to be 'innocent' whilst this little one would remain without blood stained on her hands. But she would never need to have known.

Surprised by the affectionate nuzzle however, "If you keep dong that darling, you won't know what your tempting yourself into." His warning playful but serious at the same time. He knew that he overtowered her by a head in height.. But it wasn't as if their heights were a problem or anything. In fact, she complimented him, pretty well.

--------------------

Nixsi subdued her urge to jerk her head away from his; never having really gotten close to a stallion before. However, it felt nice; they foreheads pressed against one another’s. She felt oddly contented and gave out a sigh. "Sorry..." Nixsi released with a shallow breath; not meaning to put him in an awkward position or anything. She felt relieved at least when he mentioned that he's consider what she had asked; yet nodded her head in understanding upon his next brief statement. The stallion said no more and a period of silence followed and Nixsi began to stare as Kai's eyes; noticing the beautiful emerald color of them. The mare stared at him; confused and wondering what he meant. "Is that a bad thing?" She raised her eyebrow ever so slightly and smiled at Kai; intrigued. Nixsi brushed her cheek against his; leaving it there resting against his.

--------------------

"No need to be sorry." As he nuzzled her, nickering. Meanwhile grazing his lips against her cheek. She had no need to be sorry for anything. It wasn't like she forced him to do anything. All she did was ask. What was the harm in that? She shouldn't have to feel bad. But at the moment, he didn't feel like talking about humans. Perhaps more about themselves? Giving Nixsi a stare, "I suppose.." His voice low. "That if you don't know what I mean, Than I take it that you've haven't been with another stalion?" Tipping his head to the side, both amused and curious.

But he also seemed to be having some trouble. It was easy to get lost in those innocent eyes of hers.. Luckily, he could control -most- of his self-control.. Since he learned to do so a long time ago. "Than this.. would be your first kiss, is it not?" But he didn't give her time to answer as he enveloped her within his embrace regardless of the fact that he was also giving her a second kiss. It was sweet, yet slow a one as he also tasted her.

Kai was also confident of the fact that he was quite skilled in the arts of love.. Although he usually had no responsibility attached to the situation. Most of the time, Both sides agreed that there would be pleasure but no obligations attached.

But he didn't think that Nixsi would take well to a particular arrangement like that.. But he would worry later. He was enjoying it in the meantime.

--------------------

"Alright." She murmured lightly in response; inwardly smiling as his lips touched her cheek. Nixsi felt odd under his gaze as he questioned her. "No... I haven't." She responded coyly; wondering if he thought it as a bad thing that she hadn't been with a stallion before. Nixsi gazed into his eyes; noticing he was doing the same. She opened her mouth to answer his question; but was instantly prevented from doing so. Emotion spread throughout Nixsi; and... it felt natural and right. She closed her eyes; enjoying the moment for what it was worth. Based on what Kai had said however; she assumed that he had been with at least one mare to say the least. Nixsi wondered how they compared to her for a second; assuming them all to have much better qualities than she would ever have. Worry filled her for a second; then a few assuring thoughts entered her mind. I hope he really likes me... He wouldn't be kissing me if he didn't... right? What was this between them? A spark? Or was it something more...

--------------------

Kai withdrew after a long moment. "So how was it?" Teasing her playfully, while whispering into her ear. "I suppose I'm not bad?" He didn't make a further attempt at love-making as he knew that he needed to withdraw before his self-control started to crumble. It would seem that Nixsi aroused his desires far too much. She didn't quite realize what she was getting herself into.. And Kai didn't want to hurt her if he didn't have serious intentions towards the mare.

He had been with other mares.. But she was different. His playful demeanor suddenly vanished as he realized that.

Embracing her for a few moments, "What about you.. makes it so different?" He said.. It -seemed- to be a question adverted to Nixsi but only partially. His eyes were filled with emotions of sadness and longing as he moved away from her.

He trotted a few steps away, to stare into the dark night sky. He would have needed to push her away before she came too close.. And he was in a dangerous situation as he already let her come too close to the door.

--------------------

Nixsi blushed and grinned broadly at Kai; avoiding answering his question. The mare expelled a light breath by his ear before whispering gently, "Not bad at all." The mare felt so out of place; yet she was content and curious with her own actions for the moment. She heard his words yet frowned; unable to comprehend what the stallion meant. "Makes what so different?" She asked curiously. Suddenly the mare felt empty as he withdrew from her and the distance between them separated by a few paces. What was going on? They were happy and content with one another just a few seconds ago... At least Nixsi had been. Why was he moving away? "Kai..." She exhaled. Wanting to call him back to her; to do something... "What's wrong?" A hurt voice escaped her lips. Nixsi desperately wanted to know what she had done wrong. She was bad... that must be it. She was bad... She had no idea how, or what at; but she kept telling herself that she was bad. If she wasn't bad; he wouldn't have pulled away from her.

--------------------

"It's not you. Don't worry about that." As he looked back, with a friendly smile on his face. "You remind me alot of somebody is all." As he headed back to her.

Unfortunately, he didn't notice the dissapointment in Nixsi's face. But after a few minutes to clam himself down, he turned around to face Nixsi. He was thankful that she didn't pry into his private business. But he couldn't help but notice the fallen look on her face.. and he couldn't forget her hurt voice. "Is there something wrong?" His voice, worried. He didn't mean to hurt her.. But often, he couldn't control his mood changes. He didn't have problems emotionally until after the 'incident'.

"Listen Nixsi.. The only reason I withdrew is that.." He started. "You don't know what your getting yourself into." He said. "I don't want to continue on this path.. Because my intentions aren't well." It was only a a partial reason.. but enough to suffice in the current situation.

"I'm not honorable.. and if we happened to take this path. I'm not the kind of guy who'll see it towards the end." His gaze focused on the ground.

--------------------

Despite Kai's words; the mare couldn't help but worry. Surely she had done something wrong. When he turned towards her he had a smile upon his face; something about it though didn't seem sincere. Somebody... She repeated in her head. Nixsi wanted to ask him... but it wasn't really her business. She shook her head in a dismal fashion. "No; nothing's wrong." She almost choked on her words; but she felt slightly relieved that he had come back toward her. For a minute or so she felt he might just suddenly canter off. The mare blinked; still not understanding what he was going on about. "Even if I don't know... It's worth taking the risk." Where was the excitement and wonder in doing something you knew you were doing or 'getting yourself into' as Kai put it. What path? Nixsi didn't understand what the stallion was referring to. "Are you positive about that?" Nixsi wanted to know what the stallion's intentions were; why were they ill mannered? "Honor? What does honor have to do with this? I'm sure everyone has done something they aren't proud of or something..." What was wrong with Nixsi that she just couldn't decipher the true meaning of the stallion's words. "People can change you know..." Her tone was delicate; hoping that maybe the stallion would think that he would be able to change.

--------------------

"Hmm." He pondered the situation thoughtfully. He knew that she was probably wondering what was wrong. He wouldn't be surprised if she thought of him as wierd. Afterall, He -did- ruin the mood. But unfortunately, he couldn't tell her anything.

As much as he'd like to.. He wasn't the type to take someone when she was clueless to the situation. He had enough honor, to control his inner desire when needed. Leaning in close to her, "You tempt me.. That's for sure." His voice warm. "But it'd be better if you know what I'm talking about." Nuzzling her affectionately. "Go find out what I mean.." As he nudged her forward. "But preferrably with someone who doesn't know me.. or they won't try to kill me." He muttered the last part under his breath. "Than come back, and decide if you still want me."

With a pull on her mane, "I'll escort you back to your family." He offered.

Kai knew that he would also need some time to think over the past events that had happened today. If he stayed any longer, it may have resulted in disaster for the both of them.

--------------------

The mare didn't know what was happening; how could she know when Kai had given her so little information to go off of? His warm breath felt nice; however his words stung with a pang of cold. Nixsi was not one to generally be impulsive; but she had hoped that there was something special between her and Kai. Not he was shunning her though... He didn't want her around. If I don't think as you do... how can I find out what you mean? He nudged her; and she moved forward a few paces unintentionally. What was he talking about with someone... She had met stallions before... she had perhaps heard of other's relationships before; although... what she heard had always been good. Love and children were two subjects incorporated with this as well. "But... what if I can't ever find you again?" Worry pulsed through her voice; wondering why he was doing this and what would happen to him. The stallion tugged upon Nixsi's blue mane. "No... don't... I don't want to be with them right now." The mare felt horribly helpless and alone; perhaps she just needed time to think over everything the stallion had said...

--------------------

Softened by her whimpers.. He felt horrible. If he felt bad, She must have felt even worse. He could try to place himself in her hooves.. But his imagination wasn't very good either. He -thought- he was doing whatever was best for the both of them.. but than again. His decisions weren't always the best.

He knew his tendency of thinking more for himself than the other person. But most of the time, he didn't realize that he was doing just that. "I guess.. This is one of those times." He murmured. But he always was a sucker for tears. Tears never resulted from anything good, Kai has observed from over the years. Losing most ofhis self-resolve. he led her to a nearby tree before settling down. Gently, he nudged her down, to lie against him.

He could understand her overwhelming need to not leave. She had experienced so much in a day. And his mysterious behavior was bound to tire out anyone. It was a surprise that she didn't already leave. "Sleep." His voice coaxing her to do so.

"I can't tell you anything.. But I'll try not to cause you any more pain.." Stroking the locks of her light blue mane.

--------------------

A few tears fell down upon Nixsi's cheeks and she tried to shake them away; to stop her pathetic weeping... To do anything then look like an emotional fool in front of the stallion. One of what times? The mare asked herself; wondering what Kai meant. She shook her head; knowing she wouldn't be able to comprehend what he meant even if she thought about it. Nixsi allowed Kai to persuade her toward a tree residing nearby and lay down beneath it. His voice was soothing and sympathetic towards her; and she appreciated it. Resting her head against his side she let out a few more light sobs. "Are-are you going to leave?" She managed to ask with a hiccup thrown in from her crying. The stallion caressed her mane and she began to settle down a bit; just wishing that Kai would stay with her for the night.

--------------------

Oh great. He made her cry.. What a kindhearted and considerate person he was. Momentarily at a loss for words, Kai could advert his gaze towards the night sky as if too look at the stars and moon for help.. or some advice. Trying to soothe her tears, He gave her a slight caress and a nuzzle. She had every right to cry. But it made him feel like crap, for making her cry. Although he had to admit, that it was nice just laying here beside her.. If only the reason -why- they were lying there wasn't so downcast.

As he asorbed the sound of her faded sobs, He could only hold her. He didn't allow himself to do anymore.. "Sleep. I'll stay by you.. As long as you need me to." He whispered. It was the least, he could do to comfort her. He may have sounded like some big-shot but he was sincere. He was already feeling over-protective of this mare.. But he knew that he shouldn't have allowed himself any sort of feelings for her.. But he couldn't prevent it either.

If he fell in love.. The wheels would start to turn.. and turn in a motion that he couldn't prevent. He would be leaving 'her' behind.. And he didn't want that. But Nixsi was a different mare that was here now, in the present.. But he couldn't bring himself to choose the past.. or the present. He wanted to stay where time didn't move.

--------------------

Nixsi rubbed against him. "Thank you." She whispered very quietly; afraid that if she were too loud then she would break the serenity of the situation. She wished however that she could ask more of him... Promise? Being the only word she would inquire of him; Nixsi truly didn't want the stallion to leave. She was becoming weary however; but she was afraid that if sleep took her she would wake up alone. But... he had said he'd be there as long as she needed him and his voice was lathered in reassurance that Nixsi felt pleased with; at least for the moment. What had happened to her today? She had felt so enthralled by the stallion and he had just... pulled away from her. Now she was trying to recover from an emotional breakdown and also contemplating the idea of sleep. A few mumbling sounds escaped her before she closed her eyes; feeling content to do so and simply hope for the best at that point in time.

--------------------

"Your welcome." His voice soft, and promising. If he had left.. Who knew what would happen to the mare? He didn't have any intention of leaving either.

He studied the mare intently for a minute or so.. She had fallen alseep fairly quickly. It was probably due the emotional strain of the day. It must have exausted her. "To think.. If I wasn't here.. you wouldn't be going through all of this." He murmured. He had only known the mare for a few days.. yet he wanted to cause her no pain. but he would continuously be doing so if he was near.

Drawing his brows together, He could only stare down, his eyes filled with remorse and sorrow. "Don't open my touch my heart.. or heal my wounds. I don't want the scars to disappear.." His voice softened. "She's waiting for me.. In the dark depths of the ocean." Kai stared at the moon for a long while until the clouds finally covered it, before falling asleep.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:44 am
.Morning Snow :: War and Brannon.
.Date :: Apr. 15, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Morning Snow.' :: 1.

War's black hooves led her carefully through the soggy terrain that was a lush meadow in the summer and a frozen white plain in the winter. However; being early spring the weather was still undecided and unpredictable. It had snowed merely a few days ago and melted just the previous day; leaving the land in patches of muddy puddles with patches of brown grass every so often. Yesterday had been a warm day and War had awoken early; planning to journey to the river where she hoped the grass would be the greenest and perhaps where her wolf companion would be able to conjure himself a meal. To War's dismay; yet to her content, the morning was frigid and the sky was covered by a gray veil. The mare's medium blue eyes gazed upward and the mare grinned; it was going to be snowing shortly. War loved the winter and the snow; however she was heavily annoyed by it becoming warm then cold for weeks on end. The snow never lasted long and of course the ground was annoying to walk across once the snow melted. War looked behind her to her wolf trailing behind her; Admiral noticed the mare watching him and he growled menacingly at her. Polar had just given the wolf a bath last night and to his disdain his perfect coat was becoming all muddy again. War tilted her head and spoke soothingly to her friend. "There there Admiral; you know Polar won't get mad at you for having a dirty coat and I'm sure she'll give you another bath tonight." Admiral perked his ears but did not feel completely comforted by the mare and let out a small whine. War sighed and shook her head; continuing towards the river which was close by. The mare trotted the rest of the way to the bank and lowered her muzzle to quench her thirst before moving to much on patches of green grass sprouting up. Admiral slowly pursued the mare and when he reached the edge of the river he lowered his head and began to sniff wearily for tracks of any animal which he might be able to acquire.

--------------------

Unlike War, Brannon was the kind of soquili who really wouldn't mind of the seasons were to go as follows: summer, fall, spring, repeat. He disliked the cold and everything else associated by it. The river in which he so lovingly lives nearby is lifeless and frozen, difficult to find drink, and the hunt for grass is never pleasant when slipping and sliding around loose snow and ice [nor is the taste of dead grass when fresh is not found]. No, no, winter just wasn't his forte at all.

As the snow melted in the past couple of days, he found himself hopeful with thoughts of spring, warmer times, some life in this frozen world. However, this morning when he woke, his dismal sigh huffed true in puffs of visible vapor: it's reverting back to cold, and the snow that had just a little more to go until completely melted, will surely rise again. The gray sky and the silence around him promised it.

Raising himself up, he looks above to the skeletal branches, just now the bulbs readying themselves for bloom. I hope you wait a little longer, he thinks to himself, or your flowers will go to waste in this storm. His eyes continue to browse the skyscape until they rest on what he was searching for; a tall, fluffed figure with its head neatly tuck behind a warm wing. When he gets to the nesting tree, he gently kicks it, allowing a firm vibration wake his feathered friend, who shrills in annoyance.

"I know, I know. We need to find a better place to rest, Johdan. It's going to snow again, and this part of the river is already clean out of resources. Come on." The hawk ruffles its feathers and jumps off the branch, spreading his wings to slowly glide down until his talons reach the stallion's back to rest on. Brannon winces, but realizing he deserves it for waking the grumpy bird up, heads south in hopes for better vegetation and water.

Unbeknownst to him, that is the general direction that War and Admiral have made their stay for the day.

--------------------

Admiral began sniffing his way down along the river bank; picked up upon the scent of a chipmunk or some other small rodent that had come to the river earlier. The wolf continued pursuing the trail; hoping that he would be able to catch the animal. War kept a weary eye upon her companion as he continued further away from her along the river bank. The mare knew though that Admiral would be able to find his way back to her; even if she did choose to drift away from the river. Nevertheless, War was rather content at the moment chewing on the tender bright green grass as a morning snack. Soon she finished eating and brought her head up to scan the area for Admiral. The mare was unable to spot her wolf and decided that she would take a nap until he returned. War looked about for a tree on a slightly elevated hill or something so the ground wouldn't be moist. Noticing a decent looking slope close by and she made her way towards it. The sun was just beginning to warm up the day and the temperature was steadily increasing; the mare lat down upon the hill and curled up. Shutting her eyes she began to sun bath and shortly she had fallen into a light slumber.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:26 pm
.Mountain Cliffs :: War and Cerek.
.Date :: Apr. 16, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Mountain Cliffs.' :: 1.

A black and white mare stood upon the edge of a jagged cliff looking down upon the dull world below her. The forest was particularly bare, trees still leafless due to the cold weather; the meadows and fields were a mixture of gruesome shades of brown and green with puddles remaining from the melted snow. The mare cringed as she continued to stare at this sight. Yes... She thought. The winter is so much nicer... Everything coated in a gleaming white snow... Nothing of this... Sort. Such a terrible array of colors coating the ground... The mare was rarely content if the season wasn't winter; after all this mare was unique indeed. Her coat was that of the Orca which swam in the arctic oceans; the icy water didn't affect such creatures. The arctic was quite a sight; absolutely stunning... Well the mare thought so anyway. She scoffed at such weather this April was relishing. Releasing a sigh she closed her eyes and began to reminisce of the arctic.

--------------------

The dark stallion was, oddly enough, content. Muddy, earthy water splashed around his hooves as he trotted briskly across the yet-to-blossom meadow. A cold wind blew behind him, pushing his heavy black and silver braids over his brilliant eyes - the only things that glimmered on such a day. Pausing on his destination-less path, he glanced over his shoulder. Storm clouds. Masses of rolling, violent gray were slowly invading the horizon. The faintest sound of thunder rumbled in the distance. A vague smile flitted over his muzzle. Storms brought rain, and rain, while creating an even uglier appearance momentarily, lead to the eventual burst of spring: Cerek's favorite season.

The young male was happiest in late spring, summer, and early autumn. Those were the times when the weather was pleasant and warm, and the earth around him was overflowing with life.

Turning his head back around, he studied the opposing view. This was an area that he'd yet to explore, a rocky one. The idea of cliffs, of looking down at the world below, appealed to him, and so he'd made the journey. But something else was there as well. Something in black and white. Ears moving forward curiously, he resumed his steady trot towards the mystery mare.

--------------------

War sighed once again and pinned her ears back as an ominous sound cascaded over the land. Thunder. The mare allowed her eye lids to flicker open and her medium blue eyes fell upon the sky. Dark storm clouds were moving hastily over the land and in the distance War could see rain already beginning to fall. She frowned; wishing that the rain was snow instead. Curse this weather. War scoffed. I suppose I should head back to the teepee... At least that way when the storm reaches the mountains I will be in a place which is dry. War moved to turn away from the cliff's edge yet as she did so she caught a figure from the corner of her eye. She turned her head to gaze down upon the creature; it was undoubtedly a soquili. What would one be doing out in such dastardly weather... She furrowed her brow in confusion and began to walk carefully along the cliff's edge down the slope of the mountain toward the teepee; keeping an eye on the figure in the distance moving swiftly towards the base of the mountain and drawing ever closer to War.

--------------------

The deep rumbling, like the sound of some carnivorous beast, grew stronger with each passing moment. The faintest flicker of electricity sparked over the sky, illuminated areas deep within the heavy clouds. It was going to be an awful storm, he could tell. And though the harshness sent shivers up his spine, Cerek really didn't mind it all that much...So long as the world didn't turn black and the wind didn't start knocking down trees left and right. But shelter was the stallion's main goal. While he loved a spring shower, a full storm was something he wouldn't particularly like to be trapped within.

Vision obscured with the growing, groaning wind, Cerek's hooves moved to a mild canter. "M'lady!" he cried out, though most of his voice was lost to the chilled gusts. Now was not the time for his normal flirtatious mannerisms. He stopped at the base of the mountain, front hooves propped against the smallest slope. "I don't mean to be of burden, but you wouldn't happen to know where once such as myself could seek shelter?" Even in the most desperate of times, Cerek could always find a way to stretch out his sentences.

--------------------

The mare's eyes focused on the stallion as approached her and increased his pace to reach the mountain. War perked her ears toward him; trying to hear the stallion through the rumbling of the storm. She nodded curtly to the stallion and replied, "I was about to head to my teepee just now to avoid the storm as well. It's farther up in the mountains but we should be able to reach it before rain hits. You are welcome to accompany me if you like; there is plenty of room inside for visitors." The mare had raised her voice while she spoke to make sure the stallion would hear her over the howling of the wind flowing past them. War turned and began to head up the slope; choosing to move at a fast walk to ensure they would reach shelter before they were swallowed within the rain. She paused and turned her head toward the stallion to make sure he was following after her.

--------------------

Teepee...? Cerek's brow knitted in confusion. Weren't those the things that humans lived in? The things his mother had told him never to go near? Having been raised entirely in the wild, as had much of his family for generations back, Cerek wasn't the most trusting of the human race. An internal debate began within his own head. A quick glance over his shoulder made the decision for him. Beggars can't be choosers when it came to shelter.

He nodded in return. "Thank you, m'lady. Your kindness is overwhelming," he said, the faintest of grins on his light muzzle. He cantered up the less steep area of the mountain slope, only to slow down as he got near to her. His hooves, unused to the rocky terrain, slid and shuffled a bit. He'd make it, however, no matter how difficult. The young stallion fell into step just behind the black and white mare. Well, this was going to be interesting.

--------------------

War restrained herself from snorting. "It's nothing I assure you; anyone would do the same thing especially with this horrific storm." After all... other soquili would be as courteous wouldn't they? War though so... The mare shook her head quickly. The howling of the wind grew continuously grew louder as the storm approached and lightning and thunder became more frequent. A low rumbling and a flash of light which illuminate the land was followed by a loud boom. War's body tensed and she increased her pace to a trot as the pair maneuvered up the mountain path. After what felt somewhere near ten minutes she yelled to the stallion behind her. "We're almost there!" She turned off the main path and continued for a few more minutes before they reached a pair of two enormous buckskin teepees. War looked over her shoulder at the stallion and then to the sky; rain would coat the area in just a few minutes. "Follow me." She said to the stallion and ambled toward the second teepee; pushing her way through the entrance. War went straight to the back where her bed was situated and lay down; making sure there was enough room beside her for the stallion. The mare's companions were already within the teepee; enjoying the warmth and avoiding the thunder storm. Arctica was asleep beside Imperio, Mocha and Orion were lying close to one another, Cera had her head resting upon the floor of the teepee and Nixsi's bed was beside War's. The teepee was well fortified; the floor was composed of animal skins and each of the seven soquili had their own designated spots. The wall of the teepee were also lined with many furs to prevent the rain from soaking through.

--------------------

Cerek fell into step behind the black and white mare, head lowered with the effort of trotting quickly uphill. The hard earth beneath his hooves sent jolts along his legs with each pounding step. He shivered. He didn't like the rocky sensation; it hurt his joints. The stallion smiled faintly at the mare's statement. It was true that most soquili were kind enough to offer shelter or help, but there were those rare few who refused. Luckily, Cerek had never run into any of those. Lucky for them as well, for Cerek's personality could be very trying at times.

When the large structures came into view, Cerek stopped short. It smelled...different. It smelled of many equines, pelts, and something...strange. Was this the scent his mother had warned him about? His family was a wild one, a small family group who belonged to no one but the wild. However, a particularly loud rumble of thunder behind him made up his mind. He would just have to deal with his nervousness for the time being.

Sliding into the tepee after the mare, he ambled back towards her bed. His head lowered briefly towards each occupant, a shy and mildly wary look hovering in his blue eyes. He snorted softly, lowering his large body down beside the mare's. "I'm Cerek, by the way..." he said. It was a bit late for introductions, but better late than never.

--------------------

After War had lay down she looked up at the stallion and grinned warmly at him; trying to make him feel comfortable amidst all of her family. The mare could tell that he was nervous; clearly he had never been around quite so many soquili at once. The stallion lay beside War and she listened as he spoke. "Pleasure to finally exchange greetings with you Cerek." She chuckled knowingly. "My name is War. This is my family..." Her eyes flickered briefly over everyone else residing in the teepee. "Well... them and the other family members in the first teepee... We have an unusually large family..." She tilted her head ever so slightly as she pondering how everyone in her 'family' had became so. War shook her head though and decided it was fruitless; she was simply glad to have everyone in her family. Turning her head back toward the stallion she smirked. "And this..." She said prodding a black lump of fur with her muzzle, "is my companion Admiral." As she finished speaking a low ominous growling sound was omitted by the object which she had poked. War's medium blue eyes feel upon the wolf and she frowned. "Admiral." She whispered harshly and the wolf stopped growling and turned it's head around to look at the mare. "Where are your manners. We have a guest you know." War reprimanded. The wolf tilted it's head in confusion and upon catching sight of the stallion Admiral left out a light snarl before inching closer; sniffing at Cerek with his small black nose. War sighed and rolled her eyes at the wolf. "Don't mind him; he's not too friendly to strangers but he's much better once he gets to know the other." War informed Cerek. The mare then changed the conversation, "So, if you don't mind me asking what were you doing out with the impending storm growing closer?" She frowned slightly at Cerek in wonderment.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:28 pm
Reserved for Kashet x Arctica RP.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:19 pm
.Of Foxes And Bongos :: Avaru and Epesi.
.Date :: May 15, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Of Foxes And Bongos.' :: 1 & 2.
.xxx.

Hooves thundered as a stallion cantered over the open plain of lush grass; wind tossing his mane and tail wildly about. The day was beginning to lose the high temperature that it had been at just past noon as the sun continued on its endless path. However, the sun was still shining brightly over the land, not a single fluffy white cloud adorning the pale blue sky. Luckily, there was no humidity in the air so the day was prefect by Avaru's standards. After a while he grew tired and decreased his gait to a light trot before a walk; he lay down in the grass and allowed his brown eyes to wander aimlessly about the field. He hoped to spy another, someone to talk to or be with; yet saw no one and became instantly disappointed. The stallion sighed to himself and rolled onto his back; deciding just to lie there under he thought of something more productive to do.

--------------------

A perfect day indeed.

Of course...the idea of a perfect day to Epesi was much different than everyone else's.

The temperature or the way the sun was shinning or any of that weather crap was just an excuse for lazy soquili to finally come out and play. To the small newly grown mare...this day was perfect for one reason.

Mahiri had let her roam free again. She had wanted to get away for quite some time...but her fox colored mother wouldn't let her leave for long periods of time every once in a while. She didn't want to loose her babies like she did her first batch. Ah, well that was understable.

But Epesi wanted time for herself. And today she was able to get that.

So the small mare trotted into a field of grass, spying something off in the distance. Curious to see what it was, she speed up. Only to find that it was a stallion. Strange. What would a stallion be doing on the ground like that? Especially on a day like today? Wouldn't he want to be out and playing?

"Whatcha doing?" Epesi giggled, sticking her nose in his face as she stared him down.

--------------------

Avaru's mind had begun wandering and suddenly a mare's face was directly before his. The stallion jerked in bewilderment at he was startled by the mare. "I... I... I'm not doing anything..." Avaru stuttered; unable to comprehend what he was saying in his shock. The stallion rolled onto his feet and stood; bowing deeply to the mare as he did so. "Forgive me for not greeting you properly miss; I'm afraid I was day dreaming and hadn't heard you coming. My name is Avaru, miss. What pray tell is your name?" Avaru bowed his head once again and smiled pleasantly at the mare. He attempted to make polite conversation. "It's a lovely day isn't it? I love when there is a light breeze about and the sun is shining..." The stallion gazed about and swished his long tail; secretly he was prompting the mare due to her voice. For some strange reason he found it exceedingly cute; perhaps it was her light giggle that intrigued the stallion.

--------------------

Opps. It appeared as though she had startled the poor fella. Epesi couldn't help but giggle at his stutter. Poor guy was so surprised he couldn't get his words right!

"Not doing anything?" The small mare asked, her voice filled with curiousity and playfulness. His statement made no sense at all. How could he not be doing something? Even the smallest of things like sleeping was considered something...right?

Copper eyes watched as the big tough looking stallion got up and bowed. Ooh! Did he really just do that? Epesi blinked. Nah, he couldn't of. No one ever bowed to her. She was just a simple newly grown mare. Nothing more. Born into the simpliest family around. Easy. So why did he bow?

And he talked so strangely, too! Epesi couldn't help herself but laugh even harder. What was all this mumbo-jumbo about being polite? He was definitely nicer than Tiffany. Anybody was. He didn't need to be polite. "Well, it's quite alright my good sir Avaru. Day dreaming isn't at all that bad. Especially when the day dream is of the entertainment. I had myself, once, dreamed. It was funny. My brothers and I were prancing around in the field like we normally do and then a terrible monster came up and attacked us!"

Alright. Stop the goofing around, Epesi told herself and stared at Avaru. "Sorry, I was just being silly. My name is Epesi, I suppose it's a pleasure to meet you mister Avaru." She could tell he was much older then herself. Ah, the joys of meeting someone not your age again. She tore her attention away from him and onto the sky. A lovely day? Perhaps. "The sun is a nice touch for a day like today. But I much perfere a windy day. The wind against my mane, when it's blowing around. Ah, perfect!"

Epesi giggled once again. Something about this guy made her laugh.

--------------------

Avaru frowned slightly. "Well... I suppose that I was doing something... It was rather trivial though and need not be thought upon." The stallion felt awkward; still in a lingering shock from the sudden appearance by the mare. He blinked at her; wondering if he had done something wrong or if he had offended her in some way... She was simply staring at him; well... that was before she burst out into a chorus of laughter. Avaru furrowed his brow in confusion. What was so funny? She seemed to be laughing at him but... why? He blinked once again. "No... I guess that it isn't a bad thing to day dream; but I still should have noticed you coming." He listened as she spoke of family; her brother. Avaru didn't exactly have any blood related family; but he did have a sufficient number of brothers. However; being stallions they often spent time by themselves and the last Soquili Avaru could truly recall playing with was Tehya. "What kind of monster?" The stallion frowned; wondering what kind of creature would attack a group of Soquili. "And it is a pleasure to meet you Epesi." He gave a nod of his head before looked at the scenery about him. "The wind's ok... it depends on the speed though. A gentle breeze is perfect." Avaru hated when the winds were in sudden gusts and caused his long tail to swish about; often becoming tangled in knots.

--------------------

There he goes! Right answer, so he was doing something...just not something important. Epesi smiled heartedly at the handsome stallion he was so different than anyone she'd ever met before. Not that she wasn't herself, but he was just so...calm. Whilst the mare was so hyper and giggly and fun, this guy was confused at her laughter it seemed. Poor guy...

"I'm nothing special, believe me. You mustn't linger on the fact that you didn't see me, most don't. I'm just another face in the crowd. But does that bother me?!" Epesi started to prance around the stallion in a foalish way, giggling to herself. "Nope! I don't care what others think about me because I'm me and no one can change that!"

The hyper, annoying mare stopped prancing around him, and rather just looked at him while he talked. What kind of monster, he said? Hmmm, well to hell if she remembered what it was, so Epesi just decided to make it up. That was always much more fun anyways. Right? To keep your audience on their hooves. "Well, he was HUGE! Larger then three of you put together, he had long fangs that dripped blood, a long tail, huge beaty black eyes, long curly dark and pointy horns that he used for killing and razor sharp claws." Epesi paused to let herself laugh before continueing. "He kept mumbling something about wanting to kill us all, and take us back to his home of evil so he could feed his children us. He said that we were delicious looking and....."

The mare stopped all together, wondering if she was going to far. Usually her mouth had a tendancy to run and never stop and that usually annoyed the other soquili she was talking with. So Epesi stopped. "Yeah, I suppose you're right. Winds that are really fast take me by surprise and I usually feel like I'm flying because I'm moving so fast!"

--------------------

Avaru frowned at the mare. "Not special?" He queried. "Everyone is special in their own way." He thought for a moment before continuing. "You have a very pleasant attitude; which I am fond of. It's important to be proud of who you are for what you are. Everyone is unique and one should not be judged solely on that." Avaru sighed; feeling that his words may bore the female since he must sound like an elder lecturing her or something. The stallion however smiled gently at the mare and listened politely as she described the creature she had witnessed in her dream. "That sounds rather terrible." He commented softly shaking his head. "Are you sure you had a dream? It could very well have been a nightmare... Do you recall if you were asleep when it occurred or were you day dreaming?" The stallion was somewhat concerned; although the mare seemed rather blissful about the entire situation. Avaru had repeatedly had bad dreams before which were why he chose to question the mare. "Flying?" He asked suddenly; tilting his head to the side. "I'm sure it would be wonderful to be able to fly; however, I was not blessed with the gift of wings. Not many are though and I feel myself lucky just to be alive so I am content without them." Avaru knew a number of wind soquili; seeing how there were such that loved in the same teepee as him. However; as he had said he was content not having wings.

--------------------

Ha! This stallion was a talker too, or by the look and sound of him, he was. Spoke more words than Epesi! Which was strange because usually she was the one that didn't shut up. But perhaps this mannered stallion was just being polite. "Yeah..." The orange mare began, smiling.

Then Epesi began laughing out loud-very annoyingly. "Oh, sir are you some kind of wise old stallion telling young mares like me that they're more than what they appear? Trust me, I have everything I want and need in my life, and I'm perfectly happy with who I am. I don't care what others think, unless they say I'm annoying because I'm not. I just express myself in a more flamboyant way. But thank you anyways. It's nice to hear someone who's not afraid of me for being so....odd."

This stallion really was an interesting one, he actually let her go on about the monster in her dream. Most would have shrugged that off and call her immature. "Naw, Epesi never has nightmare's, it's in my blood. My Mom and Dad are too silly and fun to have such, as well as my siblings. And I was definitely sleeping. I remember, because it was the first time I've ever went to sleep away from Mom."

She really didn't understand why he was making such a big deal out of that dream. They weren't attacked in real life, and no one was killed during it, so it was just a silly mind game with herself. "I'm not fond of flying myself, actually. I perfere running, with the wind in my face. I think wings would be too annoying, so I'm content being just...'normal.'"

--------------------

Avaru frowned at the mare; somewhat startled by her interpretation of his words. "No... I didn't mean to imply it that way. I just don't enjoy hearing anyone degrade themselves in any way." The stallion was curious as to the mind set of this peculiar female. In a way it made sense... just was a tad confusing. Nothing special but is content with who she is... I suppose it makes sense. The stallion tossed his mane. "It's important to not care about what others think when the thoughts are negative I think; and it never hurts to accept praise or take into the consideration the words of those you respect." Again Avaru felt as if he was going to bore the mare with his endless murmuring. "Forgive me for acting so..." He inwardly cringed as he even comprehended saying it. "... boring and old." The stallion's eye lids shut tightly and he shook her head once. Avaru wasn't really that old; he just took in what others said and felt it was important to express what one is thinking about. He opened his chocolate brown eyes to stare at the mare. "Odd? In what way?" He gave his tail a flick; not understanding in what way she was odd per say. Avaru chuckled slightly. "Never nightmares... Well if you don't think that you have them then I guess you must not." The stallion nodded his head slightly; also being content without wings. "Running is wonderful I must agree. And I don't understand how wings would be annoying; they never seem to bother the winds.... Well.. Not that I'm aware of." He tilted his head; trying to imagine a wind complaining about their wings or something to that affect.

--------------------

Hmmm, alright. She'd accept that plea. Afterall, it was her who degraded herself and made herself look like a fool. Avaru was only trying to be polite. Epesi smiled, nodding her head in an understanding why. Not the spunky-hyper nodd she usually did. "Sorry. Is this better?" The mare began to puff out her chest and stand like a prissy lady and said in a very girly voice.

"I'm perfect, beautiful, amazing...ooooh, and I have all the stallions at my hooves! I'm the best mare there is!"

Epesi rolled her eyes and quickly went back to her normal boy-ish stance. That wasn't her in any way. "I know, Avaru...it's just not me. I don't think that way, and neither does my Mom or sisters. I like me the way I am no matter what anyone says!"

His next statement almost made the mare want to get him up and ready to run around and play. "Old? Not possible. My dear, boring, defnitely not. You're just you and I'm just me!" She pranced around him once and stopped, just so talking and playing at the same time didn't make her look like the 'odd' mare she was. "Ooh, I'm just not like normal mares. I talk a lot, and I'd rather play. I'm barely ever calm!" But right now was one of those times, save for the constant giggling. '

She flicked her own mane in the soft wind, letting the curls onfold and fold back up again. "I don't know, they seem to get in the way. And it would be a hassel trying to take care of them. Don't you think?"

--------------------

Avaru frowned. "No... not really. I didn't mean that to confident in one self included being... well... selfish." The stallion tilted his head; he knew the mare was simply putting on an act but recently from a stallion in his teepee he had come to hear of a mare that seemed to herself, was the definition of perfection. Perhaps there wasn't anything wrong with thinking one self as perfect... but when one criticizes others as the mare he had heard of did it simply made the stallion shake his head in dismay. "I am glad it's not you," He gave a light smile at the mare. "I wouldn't consider your father to be than way either than." A small frown appeared on the stallion's face. "Well... I am me. And I guess if you say I'm not boring than I am not." Avaru nudged the mare's flank with his muzzle as she circled around him. "Talking is pleasant; I don't like mares that keep everything on the edge of their tongue and never say it... Stallions either for that matter. I think it's best to get it out." The stallion nodded; merely confirming his thoughts to himself. "A hassle?" He blinked a few times. "No.. I don't think so. As I said; their wings don't bother them and they seem fairly easy to take care of..." He tilted his head; deep in thought.

--------------------

"Do me a favor then, silly stallion." The mare began, trying to understand his words the best she could. She wasn't at all an idiot and for a lack of a better term, she was perhaps ignorant. That and she liked her own outlook on life above everyone elses. Independence.

"And let me say what I want to say. If I cannot be selfish, nor degrade myself...then what can I be? I already told you I was content with myself and I don't want to change, nor did you ever say that mind me, I'm just saying...don't contradict everything that comes out of my mouth!" This guy was really old fashioned, and while Epesi was slightly on that side as well, when it came to things like friendship and love, a guy like him would do wonders with a little spunk in his life.

But Avaru was pleasant company. He really did have some interesting comments up that selve of his, and Epesi wondered what kind of past he held. "My Dad is another story in himself, my dear friend. But thank you!"

The nudge to her flank automatically made the usually talkative mare speechless, as her orange cheeks turned barely a different color then before. Thank god for an already red coat. "No...no not at all." She stammered quickly, trying so hard to regain her cool.

"Getting everything out is good, but my Mom wants me to learn to better hold my tongue in situations were talking isn't exactly the right choice." Epesi smiled warmly, half joking. She was glad that Avaru seemed to trail off from his words and leave her for a moment, so she could quickly move from her uncomfortable positition.

--------------------

Avaru frowned. "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you upset or anything..." The stallion wondered about her question. 'Then what way can I be?' He sighed. Can't one not be selfish and not degrade themselves at the same time? It seemed to be a reasonable request to Avaru but then again should one be that way? Or what should one be in comparison to everything else. There were far too many questions and possibilities in relation to the subject. He shook his head. The stallion didn't mean to contradict the mare either... Or did he? What did he mean to do? He was not quite sure anymore since their conversation kept turning and he just became even more confused thinking about what had been said. He grinned at her. "Well if you're sure." Avaru seemed to notice the mare's slight change in demeanor that occurred for a brief moment before she composed herself once more. He gave a curt nod of his head. "Yes I suppose in some situations it would be better to mind what you say... I don't know however what those situations may be at the moment." The stallion felt the need to stifle his words; was he contradicting the mare or himself again? Avaru sighed; wishing one could say things without having to look back on them and wonder if they would have been appropriate.

--------------------

Epesi wanted to lighten up that smile that appeared on the stallion's face so she shrugged. "Oh, you didn't upset me Avaru. I'm not going to cry or whine over it I was just saying..." The mare trailed off before the conversation got any more deeper than it already was. If they weren't too careful, both of them would end up argueing like she had once with that mare Tiffany.

Copper eyes stared at him with pure kindness as if she was trying to figure out what he was thinking without feeling guilty about the curiousity. Why was she being so difficult with this stallion? He, above most, deserved to be completely happy and yet Epesi felt as though she was ruining it by making him feel like the bad guy. Now it was her turn to frown. "I am." She stated quickly happy to be off that subject.

And then she tried to remember a time when she would have been better off born without a voice. "I met this mare once. She degraded me to less than a grain of sand and told me I was annoying and stupid. I suppose opening my mouth to say hello would be a perfect example of when not to talk." The orange mare laughed at herself, remembering that talk. Ah Tiffany was an interesting one. If only she could meet Avaru.

--------------------

Avaru wasn't completely sure whether or not the mare was being honest about her feelings but he accepted her words and nodded. "You have a very... well, strong personality..." His voice trailed off slightly as he further comprehended the mare's personality. She seemed independant and forward... perhaps down to earth even? Chocolate eyes looked up and noticed the mare's gaze was upon him; yet it seemed gentle. His lips twitched; forming a lopsided grin upon his face. Suddenly though the mare was openly discussing another mare and Avaru instantly frowned; his brows furrowed together. The stallion was temporarily at a loss for words; the mare didn't seem all that bothered by what she had told him. "Yes..." The frown still blemished his features. "I suppose that might have been a situation where it would have been more productive not to say anything. However... The other mare may have said something and the say occurances would have unfolded." He tilted his head; thinking deeper about how the other mare had acted. How can one be so... superior. This mare is certainily not annoying or stupid either... well, at least not in my opinion. Avaru gave a shake of his head and he sighed.

--------------------

A strong personality? She grinned, feeling rather foolish with herself. A strong personality. There was really nothing else to say except 'thank you'. So that's what she did. "Thanks." Epesi blushed, "Mom says it runs in the family." The moment between the two soquili was rather awkward in the mare's opinion-just staring at one another. She tried so hard not to form a goofy smile and was grateful that Avaru opened his mouth first.

"Oh, trust me that mare would have definitely not said anything if I hadn't been intruding her space and singing a song. She was...sleeping and I woke her up. So I said hello." Epesi looked at him thoughtfully, liking the fact that he wasn't going against her for even wanting to talk to Tiffany. "My brother came in and shooed her off. She wanted me to leave but I wouldn't because that land wasn't her land."

Her white muzzle formed a cheeky smile, perhaps she was again, the idiot for putting up a fight. None of it would have happened if she just listened.

--------------------

Avaru gave the mare a lopsided grin. "You're welcome." The stallion tossed his mane; trying to think of something else to say. After a moment of silence Avaru opened his mouth once again. "Are you and your family close?" It seemed that they were based on how she spoke of them. He also was close with his family; however his family was rather large and at the same time he wasn't blood related to any of them. Secretly Avaru wished that he had children; yet he still hadn't been able to find himself a mate to have children with yet. The stallion listened to the mare's account of the event and frowned slightly. "Well... Either way, you couldn't have known how the mare would react, after all. And I'm sure not everyone would have reacted in such a manner." He looked thoughtful as he spoke; carefully choosing his words. Avaru smiled curiously at her when she said that she was able to cause the other mare to leave. "Stubborn are you?" He chuckled lightly at the mare. "Was it a coincidence that your brother happened to show up?" He swished his tail as he waited for her response.

-Polar-

-Polar-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:48 pm
.Heat Wave :: Imperio and Keahi.
.Date :: June 3, 2007.
.Pages in '[PRP] Heat Wave.' :: 1, 2, 3, & 4.
.xxx.

Imperio reared on his hind legs, letting out a shrill neigh into the open summer air. The temperature had been constantly rising the last few weeks, bring the clear azure sky and the pounding heat of the sun. Imperio loved it. He lived in the heat and as he gave a gallant leap in his spirited sprint, he wished he could leap into the air and fly.

His grin never left his face as he ran, going nowhere particular but running for the sake of running. Summer was when he thrived, and his mood was heightened more than usual, and not even Demon's grumbling and moody temperment could ruin such a wonderful day.

And as Imperio ran through a wild patch of flowers, petals and pollen blowing past his ears, he didn't think the day could be anymore perfect.

--------------------

The mare's blood-red gaze scanned the horizon, watching in amusement as the heat waves obscured her normally perfect vision. She tossed her mane gently as she turned to gaze at the cloudless sky, and marveled at it's purity. It was completely umblemished, bearing no trace of the billowing puffs of white that normally obstructed it's rolling waves of clearest blue. She gave a small contented sigh, her eyes travelling down to rest on the meadow in which she stood. The flowers had flourished in this heat, coming to the peak of their existance under the nuturing light of the sun and sending their pollen to start life anew.

Keahi's long neck arched gracefully, to place her nose closer to the flowers about her hooves. She let the scent of a particularly large flower, burnt umber in hue, waft into her nostrils, and her eyes closed with pleasure. A smile had begun to curve the corners of her lips when dirt joined the pollen in her nose. Her nose crinkled, her head shooting up and her ears back. She shook her head stubornly, trying to rid herself of the temptation... and failed. She sneezed.

--------------------

Imperio gave a start as he heard a sneeze, the noise almost echoeing around him. He skidded to a stop, digging his hooves into the grass to slow himself down, dirt and grass flying past him as a result. As he came to complete stop, he brought his head rapidly to the sides, searching for the source of the noise.

Seeing no one in front of him, he gave an exicted whoop. 'Wow, maybe it's a ghost! It didn't know that ghosts could sneeze that. Then again, why can't they. But why would a ghsot sneeze? If you're dead can you get sick? But why would a ghost get sick?" Did they stay out too late and catch a cold?' Imperio thought rapidly, his mind already drifting from the sneeze itself. He started trotting along, whistling as he contemplated whether a ghost could be able to hold a spoon to take cold medicine.

--------------------

Keahi's nose wrinkled, her eyes expressing disgust at the sneeze. Her ears flicked back and forth as she rose her head and peered none-too-kindly at the sky, wondering if perhaps something up there plotted to ruin her good day. The mare's gaze returned to the earth and she looked about, tail swishing leasurely.

She heard him first: a piercing noise, cutting through the air, though light and cheery... a whistle. She looked to her left, and spotted the stallion trotting through the meadow.

There was something in him that reminded her of herself: he was black, with firey markings... she blinked, and trotted forwards to investigate. Was that some form of bird on his rump...?

--------------------

Imperio froze as he heard footsteps come from behind him, his mind racing at all the possibilities of what may be behind him. 'Oh no!' he thought frantically. 'It's a ghost! Maybe it knew I was thinking about it and decided it wanted to come for revenge! What to do what to do!'

His tail swished back and forth on the ground as he tried to collect his thoughts. He shifted a bit to the left before changing his mind and headed to the right. 'But if I run will it get even more angry? Maybe I should just try to talk to it, but what if it's a mean ghost.' His face twisted into an expression of distress, his inner turmoil practically tangible.

Finally, in panic, he yelled, "Please don't eat me, Mr. Ghost! I'll feed you cold medicine, I promise, just don't eat me~!"

--------------------

Keahi froze mid-step, stunned. She slowly lowered her leg, blinking. Mr. Ghost? She peered down at her body, and wondered if what she had thought was pretty decent actually looked masculine... and then realized that since the other was turned about, he could not have seen her. Her hoofsteps? Was the fall of her feet... masculine? She lowered her neck, and peered at her hooves... Wait. Don't eat me? Her head shot up, and she snorted indignantly. She was no Kalona! She had never felt the desire to chew upon flesh, nor did she think she ever would! Unlike her elder sister, she would never consider lapping blood or taking another's innocent life.

Those thoughts propelled her forwards, and she cantered past him in a flurry of movement, wheeling about to face him head-on. "Excuse me, but I have no intentions of eating you. Nor am I a Mr." Her lids were lowered, a fierce glare in her red eyes. Her neck was stretched out slightly, her ears folded back. Even though she tried so to be fierocious, the picture that came to mind was still that of a small kitten trying to puff itself up to scare away a predator.

--------------------

Imperio almost stumbled as he opened his eyes at the quite feminine voice. His first thought was that the ghost was female, and that he didn't know ghosts were solid. And kinda glowy. And kinda looked like him.

Imperio managed a panicked gasp. "Oh, I'm so sorry. I didn't know if you were a Mr. or a Mrs. Ghost and I sort of assumed. I'm sorry~" He bowed his head a few times in apology. "Are you a good ghost then? I mean, you said wouldn't eat me but does that mean you jsut don't think I'd taste good?" Imperio almost looked affronted at the thought. "I assure you that I'm probably very tasty."

He gave a huff before his mind caught up with his mouth. He laughed nervously. "Not that you should eat me that is. No, no." He faltered, stuttering as he continued to rambled. "I mean, I'd be terribly bland if eaten alone?" he finished weakly, hanging his head in defeat.

--------------------

Keahi's jaw dropped, all the hard lines she had imposed upon her face falling away. She quickly remedied this however, and assumed her normally good-natured expression. But she was not so quick to catch her thoughts...

A ghost. He believes in ghosts. No, he believes I am a ghost... in broad daylight? Don't ghosts normally come out during the night? Shadows, full moons, and whatnot? Not to say that ghosts actyally do exist. No. Just... considering the possibility. Yes, temporarily agknowledging the fact that something might be true for the purpose of arguing against it. Or... not. She cast a suspicious glance about; was that a shadow...? No. No clouds. Can't be a shadow. Jumping at shadows! Look at us now! Hah. But... ghosts don't cast shadows... do they?

She shook the thoughts away, mind scrambled by the onslought of questions she wasn't quite ready for. She peered at the stallion in front of her, and decided it was time to straighten a few things out.

"I am not going to eat you. I am sure you taste very good, but not to me. I don't make a habbit of engaging in canibalism. Nor any other sort of -ism, for that matter." She sighed, a small smile touching the corners of her lips. "I am also not a ghost..." she nudged him with her nose, to show that she had a solid form "... as you can well tell. My name is Keahi."

--------------------

Imperio narrowed his eyes suspiciously. "Not a ghost?" He shimmied closer cautiously, placing his face merely inches away from the mare's. He studied her for a moment silent, unmindful of her personal bubble. Only when the mare nudged him with her nose (which he responded to with a rather girly yelp) did he spring back, convince that Kaehi was indeed quite corporeal

He let out a large sigh of relief. "Thank goodness. I really thought I was going to be ghost chow for a bit there." He ducked his head, his lips turned back into a sheepish grin. "Sorry?"

He flicked his tail a bit as he straightened himself. "Kaehi, huh? That's a cool name~" He gave a slight jump and kick in happiness, acting like a young colt. "My name’s Imperio~ Like, like..." He wracked his brain to think of some type of analogy to go with his name. "Uhh... I dunno actually." He laughed, embarrassed, as his grinned widened.

--------------------

"It is quite allright. No harm done." She gave another reasuring smile, though felt even as she did that her smile fell upon a mind that had already moved on to new things. Her thoughts were confirmed when he moved so swiftly on to compliment her name, and then to give his own.

"Imperio. That is a nice name as well." She inclined her head in confirmation of her words, a twinkle forming in her eye. "Like... Imperial? Nobility? Everlasting? Eternal Flames?" she prompted, wondering where this day would lead her.

--------------------

"You really think so?" He jumped in happiness at the thought of him having a nice name. "You're so nice~" He gave a childlike grin, his glee radiating off his expression.

"Imperial? I never thought it that! Wow, you're so smart to think of that. And it's such a big word. Big words are cool, ya know? I like them but when there are too many my head starts to hurt because I can't keep up." He pouted at the memory of his last attempted conversation with Demon. "I tried to use big and fancy wors once time," he continued, "but everyone just laughed at me because I couldn't say them right." He gave her some puppy-eyes, as his tail swished back and forth. "How mean is that?"

--------------------

Struck with the sudden feeling of talking to a young foal who hadn't noticed that his body had grown up and so still acted young, Keahi's kind smile never faltered even as her mind wandered onto other things.

Although the cactus and other desert plantlife would flourish in such weather, what of the forest-dwelling types? The ferns, who needed shade to survive? The moss which thrives on mist? Even the cactus themselves needed a little water. She cast a glance at the hot sun, feeling slightly guilty that it should give her such pleasure when it could very well be killing off the very things she had come to love.

Her gaze turned back to Imperio, and she rejoined the conversation at his mention of big words. At this she let out a laugh, and though one might expect such a sudden show of joy to be quite harsh, it was not. It contained a musical tone, one which would be pleasing to even the most trained of ears, warm and full of joy. As her laughter died, she looked at the stallion before her with a twinkle in her eyes. "Imperial is no bigger then everyone, for both contain 8 letters. Perhaps you meant 'lesser-used words?" She rose her eyebrows in question.

Keahi felt just a tad out of place, what with Imperio being so outwards with his expressions of joy. She looked covetly around, and let out a tiny jump of her own- just the barest lifting of her back legs. She looked back to him, pretending as though nothing had happened- although now she felt much more comfortable, as though she had balanced his joy.

--------------------

Imperio blinked confused. "Imperial is no bigger than everyone? Everyone?" He looked around, trying to figure out what 'everyone' Kaehi was talking about. "But.. there's only me and you here?" He tilted his head, his confusion still blatant. "Everyone, everyone," he chanted, still looking back and forth in the empty valley for someone else. 'Maybe she means animals? Like mice and snakes? But I don't see any little furry things around here so they have to be hiding. But how can Kaehi see things that are hiding.'

He suddenly gasped as though hit with a sudden revelation. "Do you have x-ray vision?" he questioned excitedly. "Do you, do you? Is that how you can see little rabbits and stuff in the ground? WOW. How cool is that~?" He gave his tail another excited flick, his ears twitching in his frenzy. He didn't notice her slight jump, his mind working rapidly at under the revel of someone being able to see through things. "Oh, wow, oh wow. How cool~" he repeated. "I've never met anyone who could see through the ground! What's it like, what's it like?"

--------------------

Keahi stared, all pretense of being completely unphased by the other's foal-like mannerisms gone. It was one thing to have a childlike view on the world, to look be light and bouncy and have not a care, to believe in things just because they provice answers to questions that may seem difficult to believe have any less then completely magical answers. It was quite another to be so stuck in such a state of mind that you were not even capable of setting out the tenses of the parts of speech. She gave a small sigh, her lips twitching into a smile. She considered pretending to have X-ray vision, perhaps just to amuse him... but no, lying was not an acceptable course.

"No, I do not have X-ray vision, however dissapointing that might be. What I meant was simply that Imperial has eight letters. I- 1. m- 2. p-3. e-4. r-5. i-6. a-7. l-8. And Everyone has eight letters as well. E-1. v-2. e-3. r-4. y-5. o-6. n-7. e-8. Therefore, what you reffered to as a 'big word' was no bigger then a word you were very comfortable with using, and so it is not the size that daunts you rather the fact that you may not know it's meaning." She had the feeling that a verbal spew that long might have lost his interest halfway through, but felt better for saying it. After all, if he was able to pay attention, then he might have actually learned something.

She had watched as he had jumped about, as his mouth had moved so quickly in order to keep up with his wandering mind, and yet the similarity had not clicked until that moment... he was acting as she had as a foal, when her mind shut down and all her energy was funeled through her body.

As a foal, she posessed so much energy that she either had to be constantly occupied with a puzzel, or cantering about in circles and zigzags. She was now capable of channeling her energy into either thoughts or physical actions, always careful to never let herself become to riled up for fear of hurting herself or others. But as a foal, if her attention slipped for even one minute from the latest puzzle... ZOOM! She was off.

The only difference was, for Imperio, all that pent up energy had nowhere to go but the hooves and the ears and the mouth. He was an entirely physical being.

--------------------

"Ohhh~" Imperio said, understanding finally hitting him. He scrunched up the side of his mouth in concentration as he listenened to her talk, trying to keep up with all the numbers and letters. He mentally ticked them off in his head, 'I, M, P, E, R, I, A, L. Eight. E, V, E, R, Y, O, N, E. Eight.'

The light bulb went off. "I see!" He nodded vigourously as she finished talking. "I get what you mean now! And yeah, that's it. I guess it's really not a big word at all, but I don't really hear anyone use it. I wonder why," he said, going off on another random tangent. "I mean, it's a really nice words, after all. It must get lonely when no one uses it. I mean, I'd feel lonely if I was a word and not many people used me."

Kaehi was looking at him strangely, and Imperio just grinned in response. He was used to funny and rather lost looks when he talked to people. He really didn't mind, it was actually rather amusing for him. Sometimes he just keep talking and talking and talking just to make the other person go 'Wah?'. He giggled inwardly at the thought.

--------------------

Keahi smiled, looking for all the world like a weary teacher who's just discovered a star pupil lurking beneath the features of the class clown. "Exactly!" She returned his grin in kind, somehow managing to make the normally goofy-looking expression quite regal... for all the world that such a thing was oxymoronic.

She blinked, then mentally shrugged; if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

"Yes, it must be quite the lonely word. Imagine how jealous it must be of words such as 'the' and 'it' and 'he' and 'she'!" Keahi widened her eyes, to show shock. Perhaps such things would be the way to communicate with Imperio? "Oo! I bet if it could, it would make itself a more commonly used word! You know? Like, just change! Like that!" Keahi flipped her head in a jerking motion, sending her hair flying, before returning her gaze to Imperio. "But... then... it wouldn't be itself anymore... and then would it be sad? Or would it still be happy? ... Wait... can words feel? Oo! I bet, every time we use a word, it gets happy!" She smiled, giving herself a mental pat on the back for successfully talking herself in circles (and then a slight zigzag) as the stallion seemed so fond of doing.

--------------------

Imperio beamed at her response, feeling proud of understanding her speech. It made him all happy and bubbling on the inside when he finally got something that he didn't before.

He brightnened up even furhter at Kaehi's response. Finally, someone who understood the way he thought! He felt the excitement building again, and he couldn't repress another lead, flick, and twitch of his ears as he moved in closer to the mare.

"I know! Doesn't it just make you feel so bad for those words that we don't use that much! I'd use them a lot more too but then if I don't use them right, they'd probably feel embaressed, and I don't want them to feel embaressed. After all, then they'd probably hate me, and I can't deal with being hated. Being hated is bad, bad, bad."

He gasped again, being struck with another line of thought. "You don't hate me Kaehi, do you, do you?" he asked frantically, a pitiful whine emitting from the back of his throat as he ducked his head like a hurt puppy.

--------------------

Keahi had been nodding solemnly in agreement, her brow furrowed as she listened to his thoughts. "Yeah, and I bet the hate of a word is viscious. Grr!" she growled in a poor impression of a wolf or some other dangerous creature, only able to hold the pose for a second or two before it fell away.

He was... quite... close... Keahi stared, slightly cross-eyed, at Imperio's nose.

Her eyes uncrossed and widened even further at his question, and her ears swiveled backwards slightly before perking forwards again as though she was trying to see if she had heard wrong. "No! I don't hate you!" The beginnings of tears in his eyes disturbed her; she did not want to see this slightly childish yet intelligent (sort of) stallion-foal cry!

A part of her that Keahi had previously been burrying voiced it's protest towards her simple mannerisms, but that voice was quickly quelled when Keahi mentally engaged in a pillow-fight with it.

--------------------

Imperio brightened instantly, his tears disappearing with another happy flick of his tail. "Really? Yay!" If possible he would have hugged her like he saw the two-leggers hug but he didn't know how since he had four hooves intead of those weird flesh-y limb-y thingies two-leggers had.

"Oh, oh, oh," he said excitedly suddenly, his previous and rather brief spurt of melancholy long forgotten. "Kaehi, Kaehi~" Imperio had a thing for repeating everything, feeling that it made it sound like it was important and that you had to listen because if he was saying something more than once than it was obviously important. Right? Right.

"Do you like chickens?"

--------------------

"Yes, really." She laughed, relieved that he had recovered so quickly. Despite the fact that she would have previously found herself quite immune to other's emotions, able to keep the moods of others and herself fully seperated, opening that door to the slightly silly foal that slumbered beneath her intelligent exterior made her own mood entirely dependent on that of the others around... which, at the moment, was only Imperio.

And so, when he became excited, she felt her own excitement highten. Her ears strained forwards, one front leg raised, her entire head following the movements of his eyes.

She blinked at his question, picturing a white squawking bird flailing about with feathers flying everywhere. "Well... I guess, yes. Yes, I suppose I do! Though... the animal, right? Feathered, small, squawky, orange beak, beady eyes? Not like cowards?" She peered at him curiously, her head angled slightly so she could view if full-on.

--------------------

Imperio nodded rapidly. "Yep, yep. Those fluffy white birds that squack and stuff." He gave a heavy sigh suddently, his ears dropping in sadness. "I feel really bad for them though. I mean, they're birds and have wings but they can't fly. How depressing is that? It's like penguins but at least penguins can swim but chicken can just kinda sit their and squack and lay eggs."

Imperio looked wishfully at the sky. "I'd be depressed too if I had wings and wasn't able to fly. I mean~" He grinned, looking at Kaehi with sparkling eyes that shown from dreams and wishes and happiness. "Wouldn't you just love to fly~?" He laughed, though it came out more of a boyish giggle. He reared up slightly onto his back legs, his head high aganist the slight breeze as he let out an excited whinny.

--------------------

Keahi considered this for a moment. "Well... they can hover... sort of... and the roosters can fly really short distances, right? But yeah, it would suck to just lay eggs all the time." Her nose wrinkled as she considered that. It would be so boring! Just sitting there... then PLOP, egg 1! More sitting. PLOP! More sitting. PLOP PLOP! Sit PLOP Sit Sit PLOP Sit PLOP PLOP Sit sit PLOP ... she resisted the urge to dance to the rhythm the sit/plop sequence created.

But why was it even necessary to resist such urges? Shouldn't one be in complete control of one's own actions? Why do we have those urges? Do they originate in the mind, or somewhere else? The heart perhaps? No, the heart does not send commands, rather recieves them and carries them out dutifully... perhaps it is that we each posess an inner thinking process, one which sets out what we should and should not do in every situation imaginable? But then why are we surprised? If we really did know how to react to every situation imaginable, even on a subconscious level, then there wouldn't be such things as surprise... because to know how to react to something, you have to know what that something is...

Keahi shook her head, clearing the thoughts. She had allowed herself to go back into her normal, introverted thought process, and had momentarily forgone the more fun way of looking at things she had rediscovered upon meeting Imperio.

"Eh? ... Oh, yes! I'd love to fly!" She had backed up a pace when Imperio reared, not quite trusting him not to accidentaly hit her with one of those flying hooves. "What color do you think your wings would be?" She stared at him, eyes bright.

--------------------

Imperio was delighted to find someone who would love to fly like he could. Uncle Orion already could fly, and others like Demon never really took time to talk to Imperio. He grinned as he settled down a bit, all four hooves firmly planted on the grass. "Woudn't it be just great! To be up in the sky with the clouds and the birds and all the other stuff that can fly~?"

He pasued at her question, wondering what color he would want them to be. "Hmmm~" he said, his noise scrunched cutely in his deep concentration on the question. 'Well, my body is black so would my wings be black? But that makes it kinda boring? What if my wings wanted to be hot pink? That wouldn't look very good but wouldn't me wings have the choice? But aren'y my wings part of me so then the choice would be mine?' He gave a little mental cry of distress at his inner turmoil.

'Okay, Imperio, think, think. Use logic. Ohh~ Logic kinda reminds me of logarithms. Eek, oh, off topic. Wings, wings. What was the question again?'

"Orange!" he said finally, going with the first color that came to mind. 'Orange is good. Yep, yep. I mean it's bright and colorful and better than hot pink. Not that hot pink is a bad color but hot pink wouldn't look very good on me, would it?' Imperio thought, his mind wandering again. By the time the last syllable was out of his mouth, he was already contemplating what he'd look like if he had hot pink hooves.

--------------------

Yes! To soar with the eagles, to chase after butterflies, to feel what the inside of a cloud was truly like! That would be grand. Nay! That would be awesomefully exciting! She let out a giggle, which she quickly surpressed. She hadn't spoken those words aloud, and so Imperio might become confused if she were to suddenly laugh.

Keahi grinned at his decision. "Orange wings would look great on you!" She pictured him soaring through the clouds, turning in circles and flying in a generally bee-like pattern which held no true path and served only the purpose of the amusement of the one flying in it. Her imagination-Imperio continued flying about, closing his eyes in bliss and letting out a whoop of joy, before plumetting towards the earth; he had forgotten to beat his wings. Before he hit the ground, he flapped furiously, and once again he was flying off, laughing at the world.

She peered at her own body, then grinned mischeviously. "You know what?" She looked about as though to check if anyone was watching, then brought her head in close and whispered. "I'd want wings of fire! Though not actual fire, of course. That would hurt! Just, fire-colored. Deep reds and oranges and a bit of golden-yellow!" Her eyes twinkled as she pictured what a brilliant pair of wings those colors would make.

--------------------

Imperio broke out into a delighted smile at her comment. "Really, really, really? You think so~?" He jumped, trying to twine his head back to see his body as he tried to imagine orange wings on him. He twisted his neck, his feet following as he started turning around in a circle. 'Aww,' he thought, continueing his dizzy spin and futile attempt to properly se his back, 'I can't see my back at all~'

He almost jumped at Kaehi's words, so content on attempting to see his own back (which he couldn't manage, much to his disappointment) that he almost forgot that he wasn't alone. He shimmied closer to her, excited at her grin that reminded him vaguely of his often-plotting Uncle Orion. "Fire wings?" he said, his eyes flying forward in excitement. "WOW. That would be so cool~ I mean, red and orange and yellow and all those pretty colors like the SUN," he said, his words fluctuating from a random murmor to an passionate shout.

--------------------

Keahi twisted about, bending her neck and touching her chin lightly to her rump. As she twisted back, an almost smug gleam shone in her eyes; she could reach her back. Her smile was confident, her head raising a tad as she felt slightly superior... for a moment at least. Then, she was drawn back into their rapidly firing conversation by Imperio's enthusiasm.

"Ooo!" She peered up at the sky, searching for that shining object called the sun. When her eyes found their mark, she almost wished she hadn't; the blinding light was too much for her, and pain flooded her senses. She snorted and pawed at the ground, blinking quickly and looking away. She shook her head for a few more moments, tail swishing irritatedly, before she was able to regain her compsure. "... mm... Oo, if you had sun-fire wings, if... when you were up there flying..." she started to look up again, but then remembered the blinding light of the sun and kept her gaze on Imperio instead "... someone on the ground would think you're a second sun! Blazing all brilliantly and the like..."

--------------------

Imperio gasped in excitement at the thought of being compared to the sun. "A second sun~? WOW. That would be so cool. I mean, I like the heat and the sky but I never thought I'd be bright, bright, bright like the sun. After all, it is the sun." He emphasized his last two words, as though Kaehi didn't know what sun he was talking about. "But, but" he said, his excitement faltering, "Wouldn't the sun be mad then? It has been the only sun for a long, long, long time and then suddently is has competition." His eyes widened at a sudden revelation. "Would the sun hate me then?" His eyes teared slightly, glistening as he held back puppy-like tears. "I don't want the sun to hate me~" he whined, his lips turned downward in distress as he reared slightly.

--------------------

She shook her head swiftly, the almost-violent motion causing her ears to flap against her head. "No! The sun might be happy! You know, a friend?" She widened her eyes, gesturing towards the sun with her knows instead of looking at it as she normally would. (That lesson had been re-learned! xD) "It must be so lonely... up there, all day... and then it has to go away all night while the moon is out... it doesn't even get to play with the moon, because as SOON as the moon comes out the sun is gone! They miss each other, by only a few seconds!" Her eyes teared up slightly. "... at least the moon has the stars to play with. The sun only has the clouds, and they're always moving away!"

That is... if the sun could even feel. It was, after all, a very large ball of gas... but certaintly something that could hold a whole universe around it would have to have some sort of consciousness? Ahh, well... she would save such throughts for a day on which she didn't have an exciting stallion-foal to speak with.

--------------------

Imperio gasped, sincerely amazed at the thought that the sun would be lonely up in the sky. After all, he had never thought about how the clouds always move and the moon moving and them always missing each other, and Imperio wondered if maybe the moon was sad that it always missed the sun, but then he thought that perhaps the moon didn't even know since it had the stars, but that made the moon kind of selfish didn't it? Imperio felt his head hurt from all of the thinking.

"Wow, Kaehi~ You really are smart. I think you're the smartest Soquili I've ever met, even smarter than Uncle Orchu." He nodded rapidly in emphasis, an easily recognizable habit he formed everytime he became overexcited. "Maybe I will be the second sun one day, that way the sun will never ever get lonely because I can fly up and talk to it, and we can be good friend. Maybe then, Kaehi can join us and we can talk and eat berries and applies and other sweet stuff together. Right, right?" His eyes lit up at the thought of having snacks with the sun, his tail already flicking back and forth as he failed to contain his happines.

--------------------

Keahi blushed at that, though no-one would have ever known; her ebony skin did not allow the slightly pinkish tone to show. However, other body language (such as the way her eyes were somewhat downcast and her head drawn in a little to her neck) could have eventually led a keen-minded Soquili to the logical conclusion. "Ohh... I don't know about that." She couldn't help but be pleased at his praise, though she felt almost guilty because of it. Was it right to feel good at being called more smart then someone's mentor? And what would she do if she couldn't live up to that claim? If she suddenly became dumb, and...

She let herself become distracted by his latter words.

The mare let out a laugh at that. "But does the sun even eat berries and apples and other sweets? Maybe it only likes oats and hay!" She shook her head, answering her own question. "No. No-one, whether Soquili or Sun, could not like apples." Satisfied, she peered at him curiously. "You wouldn't... happen to know where any good apple trees are around here, would you?" The talk had caused her stomach to demand food.

--------------------

Imperio shook his head violently to each side in blatant denial of Kahi's modesty. "No, no, no." He moved closer to her, so he was merely inches away from her nose as he stared at her. "Kaehi is the smartest Soquili. She is, she is." He started nodding again, staring at her ardently to make sure she knew that she was the smartest because he said she was the smartest she had to be. Imperio's logic was infallible, after all. "Kaehi is smart," he continued with a (slightly) more subdued smile this time, his eyes still alight. "So don't think otherwise, okay?"

"Hmm," Imperio said, once again distracted by the idea that maybe the sun doesn't like sweet things. He almost rowned before the rest of Kaehi's words caught up to him, and he nodded in agreement. 'No-one hates sweets,' he thought, 'no-one~' At her mention of an apple tree, his stomach grumbled, causing Imperio to duck his head sheepishly. "Hehe, I guess I'm getting a bit hungry now. Food~" he said, wishfully. "Let's see, apple tree, apple tree..." He started walking in circles, his head darting left and right as he tried to rememeber where was that apple tree he was at earlier today. "It was..." he started, staring in the direction of a flower patch before he rememebered that he walked past that really big pine tree to get to apple today. Or maybe that was yesteryday. Or was it even a pine tree? "Wahhh~" Imperio said, turning to Kaehi with a look of distress. "I know there is one around here somewhere but I don't rememeber where~ It was either over there or there or there~" he said rapidly, his head turning slightly as he pointed to each direction he mentioned.

--------------------

Well... If Imperio said so... Keahi barely suppresed a grin as she pictures herself with a crown made of apple-leaves, standing on a box that said 'World's Smartest Soquili' and then in tiny print underneath ''Cause Imperio says so!' A grumble from her stomach brought her back to present-time.

Keahi watched as he circled, then tossed his head in all directions. She regreted it an instant later when her head began to spin, her eyes unable to focus as she attempted to do so on the blurring form of the stallion in front of her. It took a while for the words to sink in.

"Hmm..." She pouted slightly, though the look was more suited to a human face than that of a horse. To have to search all that land would take so long... "Are you sure you don't remember?" Keahi stares at Imperio with woe-filled eyes, peering upwards at him through her lashes.

--------------------

"Um, um, um," Imperio said, stuttering as he tried to dig through his mind for the location of the ever elusive apple tree. He knew he had passed by it today because he distinctly remembered stopping and munching on an apple on a lower branch and that he had thought it was really red and really really shiny and really really really tasty.

His eyes darted back and forth across the field under Kaehi's gaze, as he felt the pressure build. She was looking at him like that, and what if Kaehi hated him afterwards if he didn't remember? Imperio knew that he'd just die if Kaehi hated him. He just had to remember where it was~ He could practically feel some random ticking in the background, waiting for him to answer.

He ran through the day in his head. He had gotten up bright and early, nipped on Arctica's hair to wake her up, ran away from the evil brush or doom that the two-leggers chased him with, ran down the mountain in escape with Uncle Orion using that really really dark path that had a lot of plants on the ground, stopped by that pretty bush with pink flowers--

His head shot up. "THAT'S IT!" he said excitedly, his tail shaking back and forth as though he were a puppy. "It's thatter way~" He pointed his nose to their sharp right, in the direction of a rather fragrant patch of peonies, where he could vagely make out a colorful patch of trees in the distance.

He looked back at Kaehi, his face shiny with a profound sense of accomplishment. "Yay! I actually rememebered!" He could have danced, happy that he remembered something that he thought he didn't remember and that now he and Kaehi could eat apples together, something he hadn't ever done with her before. And they were apples. Apples plus Kaehi equaled a very happy Imperio.

--------------------

Keahi paused a moment, slightly stunned that her 'look' had actually inspired Imperio to remember anything at all, let alone the location of an apple tree. She had never had quite as much success when utilizing techniques normally used only by extremely attractive yet whiny mares... Beginners luck! Yes, that was it. Hah.

And now they could munch on apples! Could a day get any better?

Oh, yes, apples! "You're a brilliant, intelligent, wonderful stallion for remembering!" She reached forwards and nuzzled him quite quickly on the neck, then turned and trotted off in the direction he had pointed. She stopped after a few strides, turning back to look at him. "... Aren't you coming?"

--------------------

"I am?" Imperio asked, his head tilted with an adorable look of confusion crossing his face. Then he broke out into a smile. "I am!" Imperio did a little jig in celebration, shaking his body to some unknown beat that rang only in his mind. 'Yay! I feel smart!'

His eyes gave a delighted flick at Kaehi's nuzzle. It was like a HUG, except Soquili couldn't hug because they didn't have arms to hug. Imperio nodded mentally at his observation. He had tried to hug Arctica once when he was a foal after he saw the two-leggers hugging, and it didn't work very well: they just ended up in a really big pile of legs and hair that took an hour to untangle. He learned his lessons: hugs don't work well when you don't have arms. But a nuzzle is like a hug, so that meant that Kaehi didn't hate him and that she was happy as he was that he remembered. Yep, yep, yep. Imperio felt a bubble of happiness burst through him, and he gave her an (overly) enthusiastic nuzzle/hug back.

Imperio jumped at Kaehi's prompt, his tail swishing at his sudden movement. It had taken him a moment to realize where Kaehi was going, because even if they were talking about apples did that mean they were go now? But since Kaehi was walking, then they probably were. Or so he figured. If they weren't going to apples, then he didn't know where they would go, but he figured that since Kaehi was smart they wouldn't get lost. "Yeees~" he called, trotting up to follow her, little dancing (and imaginary) apples following in his path.

--------------------

Keahi did the one thing she had not done since she had been a foal: she giggled.

Oh, sure, she'd laughed... tittered, even... let her joy be known to the world through a musical and floating sound. But never giggled. And what had prompted Keahi's giggle?

Why, Imperio's over-enthusiastic nuzzle, of course!

The mare could not help the grin that lingered on her face as she looked about for the promised apple tree, walking forwards at a pace that was easy to match. Her ears were perked forwards, swiveling every now and then to point at Imperio.

"Sooo... Race ya there?" Keahi winked and started off at a trot.

--------------------

Imperio's ears shot up automatically at the thought of a race. "Race, race, race? Where? When? Now!?" Imperio did a little prance, kicking his hind legs in pure excitement. "Race~"

He gasped in mock shock as Kaehi started ahead already. "Hey~ No fair~" he said, his bottom lip jutting out into the oddest pout. "You got a head start!" He quickened his pace to catch up, his eyes shining against the sunlight. "Race! Whee~ Imma beat you~"

He started running, moving swiftly past Kaehi as he turned his head to give her a challening wink. "Let'sgolet'sgolet'sgo~"

--------------------

Keahi laughed, the sound carrying to the high heavens, and rushed after him. "I'mcomingi'mcomingi'mcoming!" She responded, mimicking his happy tone.

The mare's hooves pounded the earth, her speed that of a gallop. She soon drew almost even with Imperio, but there she lay at a standstill; neither falling behind nor racing ahead.

The apple trees were coming up fast as the pair sped towards them. The wind began to blow in the opposite direction, as though the poor apple trees had pleaded with the wind to make the two go away.

--------------------

'Yay,yay,yay~' Imperio thought with a grin as he sped along the grass, his hooves beating against the ground in an almost rhythmic beat. He loved running, the wind flying through his hair he shot forward. A nice run was just what he needed after just standing around and talking for so long. Not that he didn't like talking with Kaehi, no indeed, but he always felt best when he was up and running and playing and doing something.

He felt his muscles strain as Kaehi matched him in speed, yet his grin never wavered. What fun was a race if you always won? He laughed, his voice lost in his movements. He had almost forgotten their destination already, the fast approaching apple trees looming closer and closer.

Belatedly, Imperio thought that he'd better start slowing down soon as the trees were a lot closer than they were a few seconds ago. Unfortunately, stopping was one thing that Imperio hadn't quite perfected yet.

Imperio closed his eyes tightly as he shot his front legs out, digging them into the ground to slow his movements. 'Don'tcrashdon'tcrashdon'tcrash,' he chanted in his mind, hoping that he's stop before he slammed into another tree.

--------------------

Keahi kept grinning as she raced alongside Imperio, her nose even with his shoulder. This was fun! As an adult, she'd come to the assumption that observations and takings notes on other living creatures, learning of the world around her through hours of standing still and simply watching others go about their lives... was the way to go. Now, she knew that just living was fun too! Let others observe her and take notes on how to be truly happy!

She laughed as Imperio dug in his hooves, picking up her feet even higher just to oppose him in mannerisms, and pulling ahead. She looked forwards... and the laughter died quite suddenly. Her eyes widened, and she gave a yelp of fright, as she careened into the cluster of trees and twisted about, attempting to avoid braining herself on one of the lower-hanging limbs.

--------------------

Imperio was vaguely aware of the fact that Kaehi had just successfully paunched herself into a dense pack of green things that had leaves and brances. However, that vague awareness managed to translate itself into Imperio's brain as 'Woohoo! That looks fun. Let's join in!'

Therefore, as Imperio (unsuccessfully) slowed down, he took the oppurtunity to give himself a good kick foward and follow Kaehi into the demon trees of doom that were obviously swallowing her.

'Swallowing her?!' Imperio thought suddently, worry grasping him. "I'll save you!" he said valiently, as another branch swacked him across the head, giving him a mouthful of leaves at the same time. "I shall not let this evil--!" Imperio paused as he tried and failed to jump over a large tree root, sending him careening downward and into the dirt.

Imperio flopped, his limbs twisted as remaining bits of leaves slowly drifted down to land on his flank. He coughed, a stray leaf coming up from the back of his throat. 'Ew.' He gave his leg a twitch, amazed to find himself uninjured. 'Kaehi!' his mind screamed, and he frantically tried to stand up to find the mare. 'Oh no! Did the tree eat her? What do I do, what do I do~ Do I try and eat the tree in revenge or will it eat me then? No, I must be manly
(Imperio struck a dashing hero pose mentally at this point.) and save the fair maiden mare.' He summed up his courage as he finally managed to stand up semi-straight, looking fearsome with his tangled mane that had a twig sticking up from the back along with what appeared to be an old bird's nest, completely with old feathers and something pink.

"HAHA," he said loudly with conviction into the shadows of the bunch of brush. "I shall brace the evil and horse-eating tree slash plant slash green things of DOOM and avenge poor Kaehi who was eaten by said plant-y monster." He contemplated picking up a large branch with his mouth to wield as a weapon but then decided against it: they tasted kind of funny, after all.

--------------------

Keahi lay sprawled on the ground, hidden by a cluster of bushes. She had attempted a move really more suited to the twisting spines of a limber cat or snake then a horse, and had paid the price: Utter. Failure. True, she had managed to avoid braining herself, but at the moment she didn't really think of that.

She was completely splay-legged, resting upon her belly with her legs jutting out in all directions. Her head rested on the dirt, her ears laying flat against her head. There she lay for a while, recovering from the impact of the fall and snorting to dislodge the dust from her nostrils.

An incredibly long-winded shouted threat brought Keahi back around to the present. It sounds like Imperio, but... Wait. Duh. It was Imperio.

Keahi's head popped up out of a particularly large bush, only her head and neck visible since she was still on the ground. Multiple twigs and leaves had tangled themselves in her mane, and there was a smear of dirt on her cheek. "M'Okay!" she called out, her voice wobbling slightly.

--------------------

Imperio jumped in start as Kaehi's head magically appeared from the desnse underbrush as he (almost, Imperio insists, almost) squeaks in fright. Imperio recovered from his shock quickly, his eyes going wide in astonishment at Kaehi. "OH NO," he said loudly in anguish, tears welling in his orange eyes. "I was too late~" he cried out, distressed. "Kaehi's only has her HEAD left. THe rest of her was eaten by the plant and I wasn't a good enough knight in shining armor to save her~"

Huge tears bubbled from the edge of his eyes. "I'm a failure~ Wahhh~" He hung his head limply down in shame. 'Because of me Kaehi's only a head, and now what? Wahhhh~ Maybe I can get the rest of her back, but I dunno how~ Maybe if I cut up the monster. Ohhh, yesh! I shall avenge her (again)!'

--------------------

Keahi flinched as a leaf fell from one of the above branches onto her eye. She blinked it away quickly, but her vision was still spinning from her quick head-jerk. She attempted to focus, using Imperio as her focal point.

Ah, yes.

Both of him.

Keahi shook her head, clearing her vision enough so that the two images merged into one Imperio. Her internal issues were sorted out just as Imperio was wailing about how he she had only a head, and how he was a sucky knight. She blinked, and attempted to stand up. One more try and she was on her feet, wobbling a bit. She shook off the branches, twigs, leaves, and other debre from her coat.

"'M not just a head..."

--------------------

Imperio stopped mid-rant, his eyes going wide as he saw Kaehi stand up, leaves and brush falling off her body. "KAEHI~" he cried, dramatic tears falling down his cheeks in happiness. "You're alive~ I was so scared that the monster ate you and that you were only a head because being only a head can't be fun; I mean, how are you suppose to walk and stuff because you can eat but where would the food go because you wouldn't have stomach, then Kaehi would starve to death and it'd be all my fault because I wasn't able to save your body from being eaten by the big bad nasty plant monster."

Imperio paused at the end of his long rant, saying the entire thing without taking a breathe. He inhaled deeply, letting the air filter back into his brain to let him think properly (or as properly as Imperio always thinks). "Wahhh~" he started again, charging toward the mare, tears flying dramatically/cliche-ly past him. He stopped inches away, nuzzling her as his bottom lip jutted out an adorable puppy pout.

--------------------

It was all just a bit too much for Keahi: her proposed death, the idea that plants could eat things, the notion that a head could actually starve since your stomach was in your belly and not your head, the apple trees and bushes being plant monsters... at that, Keahi whipped her head around and glared at them as though daring them to move... when they did nothing but sway gently in the breeze, she turned back to Imperio... just in time to be nuzzled.

She blinked, wondering why he'd be so upset that she'd (... not...) been eaten. Then again, she'd be horrified, devastated even, if Imperio were to be suddenly devoured... So his reaction was fine.

"Aww... but since I wasn't eaten after all it's all ok, right? And you're not a failure, right?" She smiled widely, hoping that the gesture would raise his spirits. "Besides, you'd make a wonderful knight." She giggled at the thought of him in armor, but gave a reassuring nuzzle so he wouldn't think she was kidding.

Clunk, clunk, CLANG!

--------------------

Imperio sniffled, scrunching his nose up as he tried—in vain—to wipe his tears away with a hoof. "I'm not a failure? Really?" he said, with large doe eyes that didn't suit a full-grown stallion's body. "Does that mean even though I didn't save you from the monster plant you don't hate me?"

He perked up at Kaehi's compliment. 'Maybe I would make a good knight!' He envisioned himself full decked out in armor, shining blindingly in the sunlight. He wondered if he'd look with the helmet, before realizing that if he had a helmet, he'd probably be blind because helmet sometimes went over the eyes and Imperio wouldn't be able to see if something was over his eyes! It'd be like, like.. a blindfold. Imperio gasped inwardly at the new revelation. Maybe he didn't want to be a knight anymore.

'But, but~' he thought in histrionical anguish. 'Kaehi said I'd be a great knight. So maybe I will be a knight.' He reaffirmed his thought with a determined nod. 'Yes, I will be a good knight because Kaehi said I'd make a good knight and Kaehi's smart and therefore she must be right. Even if being a knight means I'd be blind but still. Kaehi said so, so it has to be true!'

He opened his mouth to speak, only to be interrupted as he caught a flash of red out of the corner of his eye. His mind honed in on the object, his brain quickly catching up to the entire reason they were in the brush of demonic trees. "Apples~!" he cried, his eyes sparkling like a child at a candy bar as he rushed over to the tree, previous misgiving about the attacking and plotting trees forgotten. "Applesapplesapples~"

--------------------

Keahi nodded, her features relaxed into a solemn expression. "Since there was no saving to be done as there was no plant monster, you never did fail to save me. Besides, I could never hate you-"

Keahi trailed off as Imperio became completely fixated on the apples.

It was then that her stomach finally decided it was OK to protest again and that it wouldn't be yelled at for doing so. It let out a small grumble, though it was just loud enough for Keahi herself to hear and be prompted to act.

She walked forwards a few steps, hesitating briefly as her gaze shifted from apple to apple. Which to choose, which to choose?

A particularly juicy red apple was hanging just out of her reach. She reared, attempting to grab it with her teeth. Her teeth only barely made a mark on the skin of the perfect apple. She huffed, and settled back on the ground, staring woe-begone up at it.

--------------------

Imperio didn't bother stopping to pick qhich apple to eat. For him, there were two types of apples: apples he could eat and apples he couldn't eat. Therefore, he grabbed the nearest apple that landed in the 'apples he could eat' category. He chewed on the apple-y goodness in rapid, undainty chomps, eating so quickly it was a wonder he could even taste the sweet fruits.

'Apple, apple, apple~' he chanted mentally, bobbing his head side to side in his own mental tune as he eat. He swallowed is quickly, core and all, as he reached for another one. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Kaehi reaching for an apple that stood just out of her reach. He contemplated for a moment, glaring at the innocent apple that Kaehi sought. 'Mean apple,' he thought with a scowl. 'Not letting Kaehi eat you.' He paused as a light bulb blinked on above he head. He thought for a moment, long and hard, on how he could get an apple that was out of reach for Kaehi. (It never seemed to cross his mind that since he was just a little taller than Kaehi, that maybe he could just reach up and grab it for her.)

'HAHA!' he though triumphantly, as the perfect idea came to him. 'I shall scare the tree into giving it to her.' He preened to himself at his wonderful idea, then set to mind how to scare a tree. 'Maybe if I bite it...' he thought, staring at the tree brach with a touch of wonder.

He prepared himself, steadying his hooves on the ground as he ducked his head in what he thought was a scary/mean manner. He let out an odd growl (that honestly came out as something that was definately not a growl, nor intimidating, for that matter), and then, precedingly, bit the nearest tree branch. That tasted funny.

--------------------

Keahi stared at the apple, silently wishing her bones would grow so that she might reach it. Perhaps if she got something to stand on...? The mare looked about for a thing that would hold her weight and make up the necessary height, but instead found Imperio... kissing a tree.

With his teeth.

Was this some strange tradition that she had never heard of? Perhaps Imperio was a member of some cult-like circle that believed it was proper to graze your teeth against tree bark before partaking in a meal of a few deliciously juicy apples? Would she offend him by not doing the same?

Keahi eyed the bark, her nose scrunching up at the thought of actually placing her mouth upon it. She leaned forwards, delicately holding the skin around her teeth back, and then bumped her pearly whites against the bark.

--------------------

Imperio growled menacing at the branch, the noise rumbling from the back of his throat. The tree stood firm, much to Imperio's chagrin, as though it felt no pain from Imperio's attack. Imperio was, pointedly, miffed.

Maybe he he shook is head and growled, he thought, once seeing Nana do the same to some weird little critter that had white fluffy stuff come out of it. He tried, sinking his herbavore teeth into the innocent tree branch.

He gagged, feeling a decent chunk of the tree break off and slide into his mouth. He released the tree from his capture, taking the oppurtunity to try and hack up whatever bits of bark and tree parts that decided to take its revenge on Imperio for his attack. He vaguely wondered if it was possible to get spinters in his throat. "Gwah," he said, still coughing as he bent his head low to chuck up whatever nasty gunk he had partially swallowed.

Finishing, he wrinkled his nose into a mixture of disgust and contemplation. "Ew," he said decidingly. "Just ew. Never try to beat a tree in a fight. They always win." He rubbed his tongue on the roof of his mouth, the sliming little appendage occasionally peeking out from his mouth as he sought to rid himself of the taste of bark. "Yuck."

--------------------

A fight?

Reality gave a final sprint and overtook Keahi's stumbling mind. Imperio wasn't part of some tree-kissing cult, she hadn't had to 'kiss' the tree, and that wasn't a kiss after all- he had been fighting the tree!

Which meant that the bark flavor clinging to her teeth was there for nothing.

She curled her lips back and huffed once, delicately. "Just out of curiosity, but why exactly were you fighting the tree in the first place?" Her eyes bore into the side of his head, her lids slightly lowered of her eyes- quite plainly, she was glowering.

--------------------

Imperio ducked his head, his ears lying flat against his head at Kaehi's tone. In all sense, except for the fact he was quite a bit larger and lacked paws, he looked like a kicked puppy. "It was being mean, Kaehi!" he explained, as though it was obvious, though he let out a pitiful whimper from that back of his throat. "I thought that maybe if I scared it, it'd like.. I dunno, drop the apple that you wanted?"

His eyes watered again, his pitiful whimpering and soulful orange eyes making it doubtful of whether he should have indeed been born as a stallion. "Did I do something bad?" he asked, almost timidly. Kaehi was angry at him, so he must have done something bad. He had just wanted to help Kaehi, but maybe she didn't want help. Or maybe she didn't want him to fight. 'That has to be it!' Imperio thought, his mind whirling. 'Oh, oh! I know. Kaehi doesn't want me to fight because fighting is bad and the tree looks really strong so maybe she doesn't want us to fight the tree for the apple because it'd be angry at us for provoking it and then it'd beat us in a fight and then we'd lose and we couldn't eat apples! Or maybe the tree has psychic powers and is currently controlling Kaehi, and therefore, Kaehi isn't Kaehi but how can Kaehi not be Kaehi? Wahh, I'm so confused~'

There was a long pause as Imperio thought, before he finally exclaimed, "I, Imperio, Kaehi's shining glowstick of a knight shall save thy fair mare from the evil mind-controlling tree! CHARGE!"

--------------------

Keahi's glower had faltered, then melted into a pile of goo at Imperio's thoughtfulness and whimpering. She silently forgave him for making her kiss bark; he had only wanted to help! ... and he actually noticed her woeful glance at that perfect apple! Many other stallions would have been too busy stuffing their cheeks to spare her a glance, that or if they had seen it would shrug it off. "Aww... That's so sweet." A warm glow had formed in her eyes.

The glow turned icey at his words. "Mind-controlling tree?" Keahi stepped forwards, placing herself in between Imperio and the tree. "Trees don't have mind-powers, they're not monsters-" she back-kicked the tree, just to prove her point"... and you should be-" she faltered as a large branch, dislodged by her kick, dropped onto her head, knocking her out cold.

--------------------

...Continued on page 12, post 5...

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas