Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Drunken Dwarf Tavern

Back to Guilds

Tags: Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply Roleplay (dice)
[3.X/PF Midnight] The Spark of Hope <Recruit 0/6> Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:35 pm
[Yeah, initiatives. Sorry, I forgot to call for it.
But Dimitri is right, here. Everyone rolls for the initiative, I total it up, and take the average of the defending party, and compare that result against the attacking.
In this case it's 18.4 versus 13. Meaning you all get one full round of actions in whatever order you wish. I shall run clean up, do the NPCs actions, and we shall repeat until the conclusion]  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:46 pm
(Shall we go by initiate scores?)
MT The Clown: 24
Jacior: 23
Euphoric Ghost: 19
Mortane: 18
inukai132: 8  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:24 pm
Reading the atmosphere quickly, Hector lumbers up the stairs, while unslinging the massive bundle of wood. Reaching the top of the stairs, he quietly rolls his shoulder before reaching into the pile and pulling up a long and oddly well polished handle of sorts. Swinging it around before letting it come to rest on his shoulder, he loudly thumps his chest once with a grunt.

((moving up the 10ft flight of stairs and then positioning Hector 10ft from the opening so his allies can safely join the fray or use it and him as cover while they snipe. Readying an action to smash the first bad guy to come within striking distance. From our DM's post, I think we just post and he'll do the clean up.))  
Jacior rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:41 pm
((I apologize for calling you human earlier, Mortane. I was a little... off kilter due to re-burying our golden retriever.))

Martin took the oppourtunity provided by Hector to draw his bow and pull back an arrow in nearly the same motion, releasing the arrow before the cloth that had once wrapped his fluttered to the ground. "Strike true, arrow guided by the fore-fathers." It was an erunsil oath sworn under ones breath at the start of hardship.

((Attack! With the Arrowses! +8! On the furthest away orc plox.))  

Jacior

Mortane rolled 1 20-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-20)

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:46 pm
(Ok just post then it is. Rolling d20 +4 to hit with ranged. Finale 13+4=17
Also no problem about calling me Human.)

Kere pulled back the string of her crossbow taking aim at the nearest orc. Muttering under her breath a silent whispered hope to hit she leveled the arrow head blue eyes glimmering and let loose the bowstring. Her crossbow twanged, as the arrow bolt let out the sound of death.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:01 pm
((for the sake of speed, Seph, would you mind if we made damage rolls as well, rather than wait for the hit or miss post?))  

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:08 pm
The orc watched as the group prepared for the incoming group. He just gained his freedom not too long ago, and now it seemed like he would fight to keep it. He held on to his cleaver, a cruel weapon, but one fitting for himself and one that's pretty abundant around the Shadow's minions.
Battle was coming, it felt like it's been so long, but he'll have to take his turn. Seeing that the room wasn't big enough for him, and the large human has taken the front, the orc decided to guard the rear just in case.  
inukai132 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:03 pm
Inukai's heart skipped a beat after seeing the men come towards them. His mind went blank for a second, how long had it been since he shot an arrow? The voice of his old master rang in his memories.

'Remember, young one. Relax, swallow, hold your breath, then shoot. Tension in your mind can cause the arrow to fly away on its own course. You have to tell the arrow where you want it to go.'

He pulled the arrow back and aimed his bow for the closest enemy.

"Pierce the orc's skin. Let the life flee from his body so we may live."

For once Inukai spoke clearly, it was a phrase he had practiced many times to help him make a hit. On 'live' he let the arrow fly towards the orc in front.

(Attack roll +5, will we be implementing any kind of battle map at the end/beginning of the combat round? It might make things easier to flesh out.)  

inukai132

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:07 pm
MT the Clown
((for the sake of speed, Seph, would you mind if we made damage rolls as well, rather than wait for the hit or miss post?))

[For the sake of speed, you're looking at..
AC: 17
Touch: 11
FF: 16
If your attack beats the right defense, roll your damage

@Inukai:
I usually don't do maps. But if someone wants to make one, go for it.]  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:23 pm
(So I take it since I landed right on 17 I didn't hit? Or had a near miss? Or do I qualify for FF not AC? Always get these things mixed up)  

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

Seph Baelzara

Dedicated Gaian

12,050 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:00 am
[Succcess = ToHit => AC
They're very much aware of you, so no Flat-footed. And your attacks, as far as I know, don't ignore armor, so Touch is a no-go. AC is your target]  
Jacior rolled 1 8-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-8)
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:10 pm
((Damage! +2))  

Jacior

Mortane

Dangerous Prophet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:05 pm
Kere cussed under her breath as her bolt glanced off of one of the orcs armored plates. Her target having swerved avoiding the full brunt of her crossbows attack. Cussing under her breath she reloaded her crossbow.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:46 pm
Inukai's arrow swerved off course and clashed against the stone wall. He gulped and strung another arrow, ready to try and fire again.  

inukai132

MT the Clown
Captain

Beloved Lunatic

10,125 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:37 pm
The game isn't dead, Seph is just a bit occupado at the moment. It'll get kicking when he's set or he'll start getting kicked by me.  
Roleplay (dice)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff