Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:20 pm
Its so amusing: http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=28769311

I actually got to give away the prize though! ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:04 pm
Ghaaa! It enrages me that some people guessed Sanskrit! The lack of Sanskrit knoweldge.... makes me sad! gonk  

Vajra B. Hairava

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:06 pm
Vajra B. Hairava
Ghaaa! It enrages me that some people guessed Sanskrit! The lack of Sanskrit knoweldge.... makes me sad! gonk

whee Yeah, I'd imagine...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:10 pm
Man, If I was good at image altering, I'd make one of those "This is Spartaaaa!!!!!!" things, but change it to "This is Sanskriiiiiiit!", and have the guy pointing with his sword to a page out of the Rigveda or something. T'would be good.  

Vajra B. Hairava

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:12 pm
Vajra B. Hairava
Man, If I was good at image altering, I'd make one of those "This is Spartaaaa!!!!!!" things, but change it to "This is Sanskriiiiiiit!", and have the guy pointing with his sword to a page out of the Rigveda or something. T'would be good.

This is Sparta? Eh? confused (Please excuse my lack of knowledge...'tis rather embarrassing, actually. sweatdrop )  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:21 pm
Vajra B. Hairava

mad D

That'd be classic. I could possibly do something like that. With a fair bit of luck.

sweatdrop

@Homurakitsune: It's a very popular Internet reference to the movie 300.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:27 pm
I can get that people would guess a language they've likely never seen before (like Sanskrit, sorry to say it, but I'd never seen it until recently... And at least they realized that it's got a vaguely similar appearance.), but sheesh, they guessed ARABIC. If nothing else, we see it on the news every now and then! I even knew what Arabic looked like when I was little... daaangggg. And Hebrew? When I was little, I had a long-term sub for one of my elementary school teachers. She was Jewish, and apparently very much resented the fact that schoolchildren did Christmas stuff all the time, so instead of Christmas, we had Hannukah in first grade. No s**t. I know what Hebrew looks like, and I thought most people had seen it at least once or twice to know that it's kind of square, and doesn't really connect that much (that I've seen).

/rant.

But yeah. People are amazing. I can't wait to do my revamp of Kintarasesa and get more work on Lïtihla... I'm gonna go play with my brushes later tonight biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:30 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Vajra B. Hairava

mad D

That'd be classic. I could possibly do something like that. With a fair bit of luck.

sweatdrop

Which I have never seen, thank you EI, that explains a lot! ^_^  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:30 pm
Forgedawn
I can get that people would guess a language they've likely never seen before (like Sanskrit, sorry to say it, but I'd never seen it until recently... And at least they realized that it's got a vaguely similar appearance.), but sheesh, they guessed ARABIC. If nothing else, we see it on the news every now and then! I even knew what Arabic looked like when I was little... daaangggg. And Hebrew? When I was little, I had a long-term sub for one of my elementary school teachers. She was Jewish, and apparently very much resented the fact that schoolchildren did Christmas stuff all the time, so instead of Christmas, we had Hannukah in first grade. No s**t. I know what Hebrew looks like, and I thought most people had seen it at least once or twice to know that it's kind of square, and doesn't really connect that much (that I've seen).

/rant.

But yeah. People are amazing. I can't wait to do my revamp of Kintarasesa and get more work on Lïtihla... I'm gonna go play with my brushes later tonight biggrin

WHEE!! MORE SCRIPT STUFF!!! (Go tell Serali, she'll be pleased. xD)  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:31 pm
I could understand people guessing the Aquénandi script as Hebrew.

If, you know, I posted a text without any vowels. sweatdrop

@Homurakitsune: I've never seen it either. I've just seen a looooot of internet references.

mad D  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:33 pm
Homurakitsune
Forgedawn

/rant.

LOL, if she's been paying attention to the font page, she'll know.
And I'm about to do some recording~ I know you were interested.
And now we're off topic biggrin

So to bring it back--I think someone should do one with a real but obscure language. Same format--large image of text, translit, etc.; but this time with a natlang. Some people were catching on (wow, they're somewhere between dogs and cats in intelligence biggrin )  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:35 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
I could understand people guessing the Aquénandi script as Hebrew.

If, you know, I posted a text without any vowels. sweatdrop

@Homurakitsune: I've never seen it either. I've just seen a looooot of internet references.

mad D

Well, I don't feel so alone now. x3  

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

Homurakitsune

Sparkly Gekko

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:36 pm
Forgedawn
Homurakitsune
Forgedawn

/rant.

LOL, if she's been paying attention to the font page, she'll know.
And I'm about to do some recording~ I know you were interested.
And now we're off topic biggrin

So to bring it back--I think someone should do one with a real but obscure language. Same format--large image of text, translit, etc.; but this time with a natlang. Some people were catching on (wow, they're somewhere between dogs and cats in intelligence biggrin )

Indeed. But which language shall we use? Something really obscure...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:41 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
Vajra B. Hairava

mad D

sweatdrop

I would actually absolutely love that. It would probably become my signature or something.  

Vajra B. Hairava

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:42 pm
AYMARA.

I've even got some texts! ;D

Or we could go by some ridiculously obscure Aleutian language. I don't know.

www.language-museum.com is my frieeeeend.  
Conscripts & Orthographies

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff