Submit

Well?
  Yes
  No
  I dunno/ wont judge
View Results

Zher

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:39 am
I am a Christian, I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save us all... But this has me thinking, I never deny not knowing Christ and/or being a Christian. But, I have a Mormon friend that says that he believes that you have to do more than believe Jesus died for you to go to heaven... And i wonder, am i doing enough? Or if i keep it up will i go to heaven? Eternity sure is a long time...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:07 am
To tell you the truth my friend, the main reason why I am in this guild is so I can become stronger and more knowledgeable with my religion. If I am correct, it says in the Bible that if you believe in God and Jesus and that Jesus died on the Cross for your sins, that you will go to Heaven. But, I could be mistaken.  

tep

Benevolent Prophet

AspergersKitty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:00 am
My church says you have to ask Jesus to come into your heart, not just believe he exists  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 6:36 pm
Zher
I am a Christian, I believe Jesus Christ died on the cross to save us all... But this has me thinking, I never deny not knowing Christ and/or being a Christian. But, I have a Mormon friend that says that he believes that you have to do more than believe Jesus died for you to go to heaven... And i wonder, am i doing enough? Or if i keep it up will i go to heaven? Eternity sure is a long time...

If you are a new creature then you are saved. I'm going to quote Scripture so please read it all.

John 3:3-8
"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God." Nicodemus said to him, "How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?" Jesus answered, "Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. Do not marvel that I said to you, ‘You must be born again.’ The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."

Luke 6:47-49
"Everyone who comes to me and hears my words and does them, I will show you what he is like: he is like a man building a house, who dug deep and laid the foundation on the rock. And when a flood arose, the stream broke against that house and could not shake it, because it had been well built. But the one who hears and does not do them is like a man who built a house on the ground without a foundation. When the stream broke against it, immediately it fell, and the ruin of that house was great."

2 Corinthians 5:17-19
"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come. All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; that is, in Christ God was reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation."

Ephesians 2:1-10
"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— and raised us up with him and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus, so that in the coming ages he might show the immeasurable riches of his grace in kindness toward us in Christ Jesus. For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them."

Metanoeo

Zher

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 7:54 pm
Thanks, but whether or not i am going to hell judged by man, depends on what the individual believes... but what will Gods choice be?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 2:12 am
Zher
Thanks, but whether or not i am going to hell judged by man, depends on what the individual believes... but what will Gods choice be?

actually you dont have to do anything at all. oi.....im stepping in the puddle of mud again but here it goes.

the choice is not of man but of god ONLY.

lol man do i feel like a repeating parrot with this but lets first look at the will of man
Quote:

"...we allow that man has choice and that it is self-determined, so that if he does anything evil, it should be imputed to him and to his own voluntary choosing. We do away with coercion and force, because this contradicts the nature of the will and cannot coexist with it. We deny that choice is free, because through man's innate wickedness it is of necessity driven to what is evil and cannot seek anything but evil. And from this it is possible to deduce what a great difference there is between necessity and coercion. For we do not say that man is dragged unwillingly into sinning, but that because his will is corrupt he is held captive under the yoke of sin and therefore of necessity will in an evil way. For where there is bondage, there is necessity. But it makes a great difference whether the bondage is voluntary or coerced. We locate the necessity to sin precisely in corruption of the will, from which follows that it is self-determined. "

We are Chosen

Quote:
John 6: 44 No one can come to Me, unless the Father who sent me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.
45 It is written in the prophets, And they shall all be taught of God. Everyone who has heard and learned from the Father, comes to Me.
46 Not that any man has seen the Father, except the One who is from God He has seen the Father.
47 Truly, truly, I say to you, he who believes has eternal life.
64 But there are some of you who do not believe. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were who did not believe, and who it was that would betray him.
65 And He was saying, For this reason I have said to you, that no one can come to me, unless it has been granted from the Father.
66 As a result of this many of His disciples withdrew, and were not walking with Him anymore.
67 Jesus said therefore to the twelve, You do not want to go away also, do you?
68 Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have words of eternal life.
69. And we have believed and have come to know that You are the Holy One of God.
70 Jesus answered them, Did I myself not choose you, the twelve, and yet one of you is a devil?

Quote:
Romans 8:28-30 and we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also PREDESTINED to become conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the first-born among many brethren. And whom He predestined, these He also called; and whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
John 10: 27-29 My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow me. and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My father, who has given them to Me, is greather than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand.

If you truly believe in God then you are one of his chosen. We don't go to heaven by acts alone. We go to him, first if he calls us, and then only do we go to him by faith or trust.

i can post a crap load more if you want me to on this very subject because ive had to debate on it many times before so i have no problem showing it again.  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Metanoeo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:47 am
SaintChaos
If you truly believe in God then you are one of his chosen. We don't go to heaven by acts alone. We go to him, first if he calls us, and then only do we go to him by faith or trust.

Indeed 3nodding

Ephesians 1:3-14
"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, even as he chose us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and blameless before him. In love he predestined us for adoption as sons through Jesus Christ, according to the purpose of his will, to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved. In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses, according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and things on earth.

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 4:49 pm
Zher

"Judge ye not, for ye shalt be judge by thee true judge"

I hope that answers it...  

dirtdevilgrunt13

Zher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:37 pm
dirtdevilgrunt13
Zher

"Judge ye not, for ye shalt be judge by thee true judge"

I hope that answers it...

Thats what I concluded, my answer is as good as anybodys... But only one really matters, and He is not of this Earth  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:09 am
I think that you have to be baptised to be welcomed into the kingdom of God. But I'm not sure. I've been baptised, but I'm not a very strong believer. I want to join this guild so that I can become a stronger Christian, but I'm not sure what it's about yet, so I'll just lurk for now.  

Futokutei-giga

Rho Contour

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:26 am
Ephesians 2:8

8For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—

Ephesians 2:9

9not by works, so that no one can boast.

The only thing you can do to get into heaven is accept Jesus into your heart.
Baptism is what you can do afterwards as a statement to everyone saying that you have accepted him, but you don't need to be baptized to get into heaven.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 2:25 pm
I don't know a lot of scriptures to help out with this, but from what I understand, it is God's choice, but I believe we play a part in this. we have to accept Jesus into our hearts, and devout our lives to his control and will.

and Futokutei, you don't have to be baptised to be welcomed into heaven, just accept Jesus into your heart.
Romans 10:9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Later on in that chapter though is says that you should be baptised because the Lord asks you to be. And that may not be right when you accept Jesus as the Savior. It could be at any time in your journey with Christ.  

Sarcastic_Angel

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:11 pm
As other's have said, yes, you need to do more than believe that Jesus was the son of G-d in order to go to heaven.

James 2:14-25  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:39 am
Let's take a look at what Jesus Himself said:
"I am the way, the truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
John 3:16

Ps. Mormons do not help. They will only bring you down. Pm me if you'd like more information.  

yzz_90

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces