Wraeththu rpg Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:50 am
Yeah, ok, so I've decided to go ahead and do it, even though it will probably die a slow, lonely death. Poor thing. So this will be based heavily on the Wraeththu books, but not exact since no one but me and LQ have read them. So I'm gonna start with the explaining of history and setting and stuff.
So it'll go like this:
post 1: intro
post 2: info and history
post 3: major tribes and names.
post 4: players and their characters
post 5: Where that leaves us now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:51 am
A Little Bit About the World

Megalithica is a high-magic, low technology world. Kinda. What this means is that after the fall of man manufacturing fell out of style. There are guns, cars, and electricity, but they aren't used as much as magic.
There is an innate magic ability in Wraeththu, but one must be trained to be able to use it, and there's a caste system regarding the levels of learning. (more here)

A Little Bit of Very Basic History

Near the End of Man the Wraeththu arise, more powerful, stronger, more attune to the natural magics of the world, and just all around better. So, naturally, they take over the planet, slowly out-populating man. There are many squabbles and battles with men, but they're no match for the Wraeththu.
The first tribe to rise, born in desperation and raised on the hate and fear from man for them was the Uigenna, who became known for their ruthlessness and general all around vileness. But not all Wraeththu followed their ideologies and they split, creating more and more tribes as they grew.
Among the chaos, Theide created the Gelaming, brought them to enlightenment, and a full understanding of what the Wraeththu are. They rule by sheer pleasantness, their influence spreading over the tribes by diplomacy rather than force. And as they grew in power, the Uigenna and the Varr fought against them.
After a great deal of battling and some ultimate-weaponing the Varr are eventually forced to give in and the Uigenna follow with an even bloodier fight. But all is not well and the perfect light of the Gelaming is shaken up by the production of the Tigron Calanthe, who brings the dark into the light, so there may be balance.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:52 am
A Few of the Major Tribes

ok, so, for this, I really suggest you go here and read up on the 12 tribes of Jaddayoth, 'cause I'm not going to get into all of them in this post. There's information on all the tribes either there or in the glossary, but those are just the tribes in the book. If you want to create a tribe of your own, by all means go ahead and send me a pm and I'll add it to this list. Hell, I've got a couple of my own on here already.

Gelaming The major power of the general sort of middle-land. An autocratic tribe, the general super-power of the Wraeththu, but they're letting up now that the chaos is dying down, really they just wanted to bring organization to the rest of the tribes. The head of state are the Tigrons Pellaz-har-aralis and Calanthe-har-aralis, and they were put there by the mysterious Theide, who has since disappeared.

Uigenna One of the major northern powers. As stated before, they're known for being ruthless and evil and merciless and for making poison. They've also been defeated, but that doesn't mean the rest of the world trusts them any more than they used to. When a Uigenna travels, he can sometimes find it difficult to exist if word gets out he's Uigenna.

Varr One of the major northern powers. Were a long-time ally of the Uigenna are only slightly more accepted be cause they eventually turned against the Uigenna to help defeat them.

The Mad Tribes So called because they wander the vast deserts of the west, they have no definable territories, save one tribe, the Valhara, who are the only ones who dare venture into the Paijur region of the deserts. They alone know the secrets of the desert and often act as guides through the arid region, or to provide asylum for a time.

Names You Should Know

Thiede Never actually held an official title, but it was known and accepted that he manipulated everything that happened up until the moment he disappeared.

Pellaz-Har-Aralis The Tigron. Technically the Head of State of the Gelaming

Calanthe-Har-Aralis Also the Tigron. Keeps Pellaz in check, and is generally more easy-going and loved.

Caerue The Tigrina, Pellaz and Calanthe’s consort. The people love him, he’s the pretty face of the Council.

The Council the ruling council of the Gelaming. They only have real power within the Gelaming, but encourage their policies on other tribes. Their grip has been loosening over time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:03 am
characters

format something like this:
Character:
Player:
Tribe (if none, just say none):
Caste:
Whatever info you want to give us:

Character: Moghowni
Player: XanatosGray
Tribe: Defected Uigenna
Caste: Algoma
He has many different names, but the one that gets used the most is wanderling. He was the child of a Nahir-Nuri of the Uigenna, none but his hostling knew who his father was, and he was generally considered suspect. He played an instrumental role in the Uigenna defeat, but when Theide tried to bring him back the Imbrilim as a hero, he rejected it and finally convinced them to let him to what he knew best; wandering through the lands. He's now hired by travelers to help them to get from place to place, and also to help with the customs of whatever tribe they might be passing through. He's a bard of sorts, he has a guitar, and he enjoys playing it, and his voice is good enough, though he never plays for money. Refuses to.

Character: Verouke (Ver - ook)
Player: You Wanna Chase Me
Tribe: The Sahale
Caste: (tba)

Character: Sorken
Player: LQ
Tribe: Kakkahaar
Caste: Byrnie
He was turned at a young age, only 13. Did not get along with the other members of his small band and left with his friend. He showed some skil in magic but did not receive much training. Has gathered scattered knowledge in his travels but knowing the Kaakahaar reputation, doesn't easily let his heritage on.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:09 am
Where We are Now

This post will be updated with major plot points as the story goes on (haha). For now, it'll be where we're starting.

We'll start, I believe in Imbrilim, a place that all travelers must go through at some point, and just to be cliche, we'll start at an inn, because where else would one start an adventure? I mean, really, now.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:21 am
Moghowni sat in the Falsehead, in his usual place when he came back to Imbrilim. He nodded to patrons he knew, bantered lightly with the barkeep and waited for something to come up. Work had been tough lately, more people having more money meant that more people were able to afford Gelaming horses, and those were bad for business. Able to make leaps hundreds of miles long, why would anyone ever use anything else? No, enough of that. There are still those that can't afford them, those that don't trust their magic, those that don't know enough yet to be able to control them. Work will come, it always does. Someone won't know how to behave in Moudrah, or know the way under the tunnels of Elhmen.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:59 pm
Tired from his long journey, Sorken, wandered slowly through town searching for a place to rest. Pale brown, almost gold eyes settled on the sign to the Falsehead and, felt the urge to go in. Since instinct had never led him wrong before, he obeyed and stepped inside. His face was hidden by a long, tan cloak, so all anyone would see was a har of average height, feet encased in well worn sandals, and a brand new pack on his back.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:32 pm
Moghowni glanced at the newcomer, made a quick assessment and waited for the young Har to take a seat before downing his drink and going to sit next to him at the bar.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 1:07 pm
Releived to be off his feet and out of the sun, Sorken allowed his eyes to slip closed. His instincts had never let him down once mor they served him well; he could detect nothing dangerous in this place. At least nothing overt or extreme.

When Moghowni sat next to him, he didn't even bother opening his eyes. Instead, he turned to the other har, offering a small smile, but remained silent. He had found it was easiest to let the other speak first.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 12:34 am
"Have you traveled far?"
Old shoes and new pack. An odd combination, and Moghoeni was extremely curious about that particular contrast. He tapped the bar, held up two fingers, and the barkeep brought them drinks.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:00 am
Sorken's eyes remained closed and he contemplated his response. Traveled far? Carefully he did a quick mental review of almost 3 years worth of traveling. Hmmm, seen from that persepctive, it was a fair bit and his lips quirked in a small smile.

"That would depend on ones definition of far."  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 8:30 pm
"How long, then?" He asked, sliding Sorken the drink.
Either his shoes were very old and he was just starting or he had been traveling for a long time and he just bought a new pack. And he was still puzzled by them, and anyway, he might be in need of a guide...  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

LQ
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 11:43 pm
How long had he been journeying? Near 3 years. It gave him a small start every time he actually thought of it, of how long he had been on the move. Thinking about that brought to mind...the other and the small stab of pain that always accompanied it. The faintest of sighs escaped his lips and he sat straighter, eyes finally opening and resting on Moghowni.

" I have been traveling since I was born. As we all have."

Never give too much information. Keep the answers as obscure as possible. It halts all but the most persistent har and thus lets him know which ones to avoid.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:11 am
Moghowni sighed and leaned back in his chair, glowing slightly at the back of the bar. One of those, eh? The ones with the torn past and the pain and the secrets... He may be better letting the young har go on his own and not bothering with the eventual teary-eyed confessions.
He growled lightly, decided that they'd probably be dancing around each other for far too long if he tried to be subtle.
"Ok, well then, Mister Mysterious traveler, my name is Moghowni and I'm well known to most all governments, and I know my way around every last bit of land we inhabit, and even some what we don't. If you decide you need someone that knows their way around, ask pretty much anyone for me and they'll tell you where I can be found."
He tapped the bar, took his drink and went to join a table of hars for a game of cards.  

XanatosGray
Vice Captain

Switch and Seme Haven

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas