Reply It's A Girl Thing!
Someone love me! D: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuna

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 pm
So's on Tuesday I go in for Surgery On my wristy! This is my first surgery so I'm a little on the scared side. I know theres not much chance of anything going wrong, but I can't help but be scared. It's my drawing hand, my entire career, not to mention the job I do now, hinges on my being able to use that hand! I can write and draw with my left hand too but my right hands pretty dominant. >< I have to miss a lot of work too, so I'm going to have no income for like.. a month. Not fun. D: This whole situation is inconvenient, and its been giving me problems for a couple years now. Anyone here had surgery before?  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:43 pm
Hey! I've had surgery on my right wrist before, I think when I was 12? I broke the bone straight through (arm bone, but it was right at the wrist).. so I had to get surgery to get pins in. Don't worry about the surgery. I actually liked it, it was fun. They put in an IV, it doesn't really hurt anymore than a little pinch, then lay you down on a bed, and inject a little vial of liquid into the IV lines, which makes you really loopy. When i was getting wheeled down to the surgery room, it looked like the lights on the ceiling blurred into one big light, and it was really cool to watch. Anyways, after you're in there, they'll tell you about what they're going to do, and then give you another sedative. At that time they told me to count backwards from 10 (HAHA! I MADE IT to Zero!!!)... and you'll eventally pass out.
So, waking up isn't too bad, just try not to push yourself. The oxygen mask is a little hot and stuffy (and itchy) but eh, don't worry. I took mine off before the nurse came into the room to check on me, and I was fine, but you probably shouldnt. They should give you lots to drink, since you're really thirsty when you come out of it.

After effects, well, I have arthritis in my wrist, but it doesn't really affect my drawing, or if it does, it's usually from holding the pencil funny or drawing for a long time, but mostly it hurts from carrying heavy things all day (coffee pots)...
Ah, plus you can't write for a month, and be prepared to not get the cast wet. I would reccoment asking them for a firbreglass cast, since those (ableit a little more expensive) tend to last longer, and dont fall to pieces from palm sweat. Ah, and be warned, it's going to STINK under there, not to mention itch like crazy.

Well, in all, don't be worried about the surgery, and I probably have arthritis because they were putting the bone back together, not fixing an already exisiting problem... you should be fine smile  

Angel Bella Lovely

Beloved Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0

Ants In Your Pants

Big Lover

16,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:43 pm
i had a more risky one
i had to get a defebulater in me
its a thing thats close under my shoulder
muscle and and its got wires trew my heart vanes  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:29 pm
Thanks for all the information Angel. It's good to know what to expect. My mom says Ill probably throw up when i wake up because of the anesthetic. (thats how she reacts.) Are you a Barista by-chance?  

Nuna

liomsa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 6:45 pm
I have had two major surgeries on my knee and I did throw up when I woke up, but other than the pain afterwards (which was greatly helped by meds) it wasnt that bad...really the worst thing for me was my throat hurt from the breathing tube...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:11 pm
Breathing tube? 0__0  

Nuna

Angel Bella Lovely

Beloved Bloodsucker

7,450 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 8:57 pm
sweatdrop I have no idea what a Barista is....

(edit: looked up... kind of, I'm a watiress in a restaraunt, so yes, I carry alot of heavy things (HUGE stacks of plates, buckets of ice, trays of glasses, etc))

OH! Don't worry about the breathing tube.. when they did mine they put it in after I fell asleep, and took it out before I woke up (hence the mask)... it shouldn't still be in when you wake up... at least they didn't for me.

You're muchly welcome ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:02 pm
yeah... basically anyone who works at a coffee place. XDD

Ah, alright. XP  

Nuna

Taencat

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:34 am
Good luck on your surgery! I'm sure it'll go just fine biggrin

The closest thing I've had to surgery was getting my wisdom teeth removed. I hated the feeling of being put under anesthetic. I felt nauseous and like I was going to pass out, which is kind of the point, I know, but I didn't like the way it felt and fought it. Coming out of anesthesia I just felt really sleepy and out of it for the rest of the day (my procedure was in the morning). I wasn't nauseous and didn't throw up...you have to make sure not to eat anything though.

Just out of curiousity, what exactly is your surgery for?  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:08 am
I have to have a cyst removed.  

Nuna

Ayakashi-sama

Desirable Sex Symbol

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:23 am
well had a surgery when I was little :3
I could not eat anything, so I lost weight......
I still got a scar on my tummy ._.'

and I had a surgery when i was born to xD the same problem to.... but it went wrong, so I had surgery 5 years later.

its your drawing hand Ó.Ò I hope the surgery goes right.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:35 am
I hope so too... That's what I'm most afraid of. My entire career hinges on the ability to use this hand.  

Nuna

Ayakashi-sama

Desirable Sex Symbol

4,400 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:49 am
it will work out fine blaugh
just be sure to let it fully heal after razz

but I would be scared to '^^ I want to be a drawer to xD so if my wrist would broke or something I would rather kill myself.
(yeah we artists are maniacs xD)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:27 am
Indeed! *looksdetermined*  

Nuna

It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items