Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Brawl Dojo Updates topic! (Now with polls!) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which control scheme are you using?
Wiimote
6%
 6%  [ 9 ]
Wiimote + Nunchuk
27%
 27%  [ 39 ]
Classic Controller
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
GameCube controller
55%
 55%  [ 77 ]
Total Votes : 140

BioWeapon000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:54 pm
User Image

CHECK THE BRAWL DOJO HERE FOR ALL THE LATEST NEWS ON THE GAME!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:52 pm
Meta Knight is probably going to be the coolest character in my personal opinion. He's always been a cool character in his games, and getting to control him as a fighter, and in 3-D will just be too cool. He can glide, he's fast, he's got a disjointed hitbox, and he's just an altogether badass. If I can, I'll be using him, but if I can't get used to him, I'll try out the revamped Mario.

I was a bit against Pit in the beginning, because everyone was freaking out about him, just because he's a pretty boy, and saying that they had played his game just to feel cool/important like FF fangirls and KH fantards. But he seems pretty fast, and quite a bit like Meta Knight in his attacks. Not a whole lot more to say about him.

Zero Suit Samus.. I'm not sure. A whip/gun may be useful, but let's just hope that the whip is better than Sheik's and that switching between a gun and the whip doesn't take too long. I'm also interested as to how she transforms from regular Samus, and if there's any way to transform back from Zero Suit.

Wario's attacks seem to be a bit delayed and therefore slightly predictable, but he looks like an interesting character. He really gains up speed when running, which is a cool feature, and I'm sure he's going to be one of the heaviest characters, and the most powerful. I'm also interested as to see how the "Wario Waft" is incorporated.

We really need to see more about Snake, because we haven't seen too much. His jumping abilities aren't the greatest, and his attacks are all acrobatic close range attacks, with a rocket launcher that for all we know, only aims down at a diagonal.

It's really hard to say a whole lot about the characters at this point, as we don't have that much information. We only have two trailers to go off of, and only one really shows very much gameplay. What is of note is that they have added crawling to the game, for reasons I'm not sure. I don't see how it could be very beneficial, and I see myself accidentally crawling when I mean to be ducking. It also seems that Dr. Mario may be out, and Mario's attacks may be a combination of the Dr's and regular Mario from Melee, because in the second trailer, he meteor smashes Pikachu, who flies up instead of down, which is a characteristic of Dr. Mario.

The new stages look fun, but we really can't tell much about them either. The MKDS one seems to be a rehash of Mute City from Melee, and then there are some roman looking stages that are destructible, which look very nice. The Yoshi's Island stage really caught my attention, and Fox's new stage seemed unimpressive and small. Hopefully that add some more creativity in the level design, but don't make the stages a complete hassle to play on like: Pokemon Floats, Rainbow Ride, and the Ice Climber's stage. And let's see the GOOD stages from the past two games on here, without getting the same stage twice. I still hope we get the N64's secret Mario stage with the pipes and the pow blocks.

All in all, this will be a great game, and I'm guessing it probably won't be out until fall or winter of this year. I really would rather have it that way, as to make it absolutely as good as possible, rather than get it sooner, and be thoroughly disappointed.

One of the things I really want to see is downloadable content via WiiConnect24. I hope they just push new characters, stages and items through the pipeline completely under our noses, so that there are characters coming that we would have never expected. I also think that online play is a must, even if it's only two players, to reduce lag.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

BioWeapon000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:59 pm
AGREED  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:02 pm
I just want to know the release date already so I can start a countdown. It's like torture just waiting. burning_eyes  

Altae

BioWeapon000

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:04 pm
Altae
I just want to know the release date already so I can start a countdown. It's like torture just waiting. burning_eyes

thats the beauty of it all, the thrill of waiting, torture can be plessure at moments, plus it gives you time to think of the things you are going to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:04 pm
Altae
If they put out a release date, they'd be pressured to get it out by that certain date. Therefore, the game would get rushed, and glitches would occur, and character equality wouldn't be as it should. I say, just let them make the game, and know that it comes out sometime this year. We've already made it through a fourth of this year, almost a third-Just be patient and buy some other games for now.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Walamanchee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:06 pm
I'm honestly not looking foward to this game. Only difference I see with this one is that the characters look better and that theres more levels and more characters. If this one doesnt have online then I don't see the point in getting it.

I mean theres not much point in getting a multiplayer game if you've no one who plays videogames.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:07 pm
Raui
I'm honestly not looking foward to this game. Only difference I see with this one is that the characters look better and that theres more levels and more characters. If this one doesnt have online then I don't see the point in getting it.

I mean theres not much point in getting a multiplayer game if you've no one who plays videogames.
The only differences with any fighting game sequels are new characters, new movesets, new items, and new stages. It's still a fun single player experience, and Sakurai has already stated that he wants a more full fledge single player part than in previous games.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:08 pm
I think there would be a riot if this game didn't have online.

..And I like rainbow road and pokefloats. D:  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:08 pm
Raui

then whats the point in playing multiplayer games if you dont have anyone to play with, i get your post. but thats the thing about brawl.

they didnt want to alter the game completely because what they have already created we love to a full extent thus making it not much worthy of being changed  

BioWeapon000

Walamanchee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:15 pm
[R]ed
Raui

then whats the point in playing multiplayer games if you dont have anyone to play with, i get your post. but thats the thing about brawl.

they didnt want to alter the game completely because what they have already created we love to a full extent thus making it not much worthy of being changed

Yeah. And then some people say there'll be online but the thing is I'm none to good at brawl nor online games.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 1177 1178 1179 1180 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff