I found out what God really is... Please Read! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:09 pm
I found something out..
I was at curch,and everyone was in a good mood,I began to ask em if they believed in God 110% they said YES!
Than I went to school,and saw a group of people,Goth/Emo.
Sad and one of em pulled a pair of scissors and looked at the blood stains on em.
I walked over asked if they believed in God,they said God Pshhh,what did he ever do for me??

THan I drew a conclusion,Us that believ in God have better lifes because we dont need scientfic proof,its our hope that we know he's real!
Thats what God is,our prayers,our hope,our trust!  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:06 pm
*claps and tries to start an applause (THAT MEANS ALL OF YOU THAT READ THIS QUICKLY AND GO ON AND DO SOMETHING ELSE....)*  

CPUGenuis

Berezi

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 12:37 pm
Or not. God gives us those things, but that's not what He is. God is more than our prayers, hope, and trust. God is love, and God loves us. Prayers, hope, and trust don't pursue you when you ignore them. They don't sacrifice themselves so that you might have life. They don't stay by you even when no one else does. When things get rough, those are often the first things to go. God, however, does pursue us, did sacrifice Himself, and always stays by us when others don't. In my mind, God must be beyond what you mentioned.

The hope is simply a sign of God's presence.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:29 pm
Berezi
Or not. God gives us those things, but that's not what He is. God is more than our prayers, hope, and trust. God is love, and God loves us. Prayers, hope, and trust don't pursue you when you ignore them. They don't sacrifice themselves so that you might have life. They don't stay by you even when no one else does. When things get rough, those are often the first things to go. God, however, does pursue us, did sacrifice Himself, and always stays by us when others don't. In my mind, God must be beyond what you mentioned.

I totally agree with you  

Rei003

Azarhael Morganti

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 8:50 pm
Rei003
Berezi

I totally agree with you
I'm feeling lucky, old lady! Fortune tapping at my elbow!

Ditto.

That was me telling you not to be stupid.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:12 pm
God really makes life generally more happy-feeling, doesn't He? That's one of the best things about Him.

There is really no way to describe God. There aren't enough words in all the languages of the world to be abke to descibe God accurately. He's indescribable! biggrin  

remusandsiriusrock

brad175

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 4:28 pm
remusandsiriusrock
God really makes life generally more happy-feeling, doesn't He? That's one of the best things about Him.

There is really no way to describe God. There aren't enough words in all the languages of the world to be abke to descibe God accurately. He's indescribable! biggrin

It is true that God makes a Christian's life happy, but know also this: That accepting Christ is accepting trials and tribulations. A Christian's life is not all happiness and sunshine. It is the life of a warrior, a life of sacrifice and persecution. We press on towards the goal, awaiting eagerly the day we leave this earth.
I wouldn't say that that's the Best thing about him either.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:16 pm
LRD_nick
I found something out..
I was at curch,and everyone was in a good mood,I began to ask em if they believed in God 110% they said YES!
Sad and one of em pulled a pair of scissors and looked at the blood stains on em.
I walked over asked if they believed in God,they said God Pshhh,what did he ever do for me??

THan I drew a conclusion,Us that believ in God have better lifes because we dont need scientfic proof,its our hope that we know he's real!
bro, you need to take a morality and christianity class. these things are gifts from God. God is the "I AM" we cannot describe him.  

thrashmetaljunkie

ZeroZenzic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:59 pm
LRD_nick
I found something out..

Just because you are Christian is no guarantee of an easy, or for that matter a happy life.

Psalm 31:9-14
Be gracious to me, O Lord, for I am in distress; my eye is wasted from grief, my soul and my body also.
For my life is spent with sorrow, and my years with sighing; my strength fails because of my misery, and my bones waste away.
I am the scorn of all my adversaries, a horror to my neighbors, an object of dread to my acquaintances; those who see me in the street flee from me.
I have passed out of mind like one who is dead; I have become like a broken vessel.
Yea, I hear the whispering of many- terror on every side!- as they scheme together against me, as they plot to take my life.
But I trust in thee, O Lord, I say, "Thou art my God."

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:56 am
I heard a man once speak of a vision that he had where he saw angels flying around the thrown of God crying "Holy, Holy, Holy" Finally he inquired of them why they were doing that they answered "Everytime we circle the thrown, we see a new side of God." God is more than any human mind could possibly imagine.  

Master Razor

sunshinehearttrob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:53 pm
religion is faith. all of it. if we didnt have faith, then our religion wouldnt come alive  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 11:12 am
Berezi

I couldn't have said it better myself.  

Jason_Jaques

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:23 pm
As Jesus states "I am who I am" he is loving and caring but DO NOT FORGET he is also a wrathful and jealous god.

the people you asked if they believed in god, just because they responded negatively doesn't mean they didn't believe in god. they might have but didn't want to admit.

the common problem with most people and most apostate Christians is that they blame god for their problems when in reality their problems is usually of their own fault OR its of those around them that influence them.

so if he pulled out a bloody scissors and has cuts on his arm, you can't blame god for that. he ACTIVELY chose to do that thing to his body. God doesn't "force" us to do those things. Its his own fault.

What I find ironic is that he stated "what did god ever do for me?" the first thing i can answer to that question is "he created you and gave you life, its your choice of what you want to do with it." and then id walk away.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:31 pm
Knowing God does through Jesus make us have more peace within ourselves and an ability to cope with the difficulties of life. It doesn't guarantee fun times (happiness) or safety from danger or death. It's so much more complicated than I first thought it was!  

chatula

destinygirl_8

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:54 am
Rei003
Berezi

I totally agree with you

i agree aswell.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas