Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Fiction, Sci-Fi & Fantasy Book Guild [Reading, Writing,

Back to Guilds

Reply The FSFBG
What Are you Currently Reading? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:17 am
And is it any good?

I love looking for new books, but so often we just talk about our favorites. This is a list of what you're reading right now, and what you think about it. It'll get a longer and wider list of things to check out and read!

So, tell us the name of the book, the author and a little bit about it

Me? Right now I'm fininshing Don't Tell the Grown Ups by Alison Lurie (which is a non fiction book about how authors like Tolkien and Lewis Carroll influence children to act beyond the limits of adult rules) which is very interesting if you like non-fiction.

I'll be starting The Wild Reel by Paul Brandon soon, which I'm hoping is good. It has modern people thrown into a fantasy setting and celtic mythology so the premise looks fine smile  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:07 am
I'm reading Cube Route by Piers Anthony. It's about this girl with the talent to summon nicklepedes that's going to the Good Magicians to ask how she can be beautiful. And the Demoness Metria gave her rear view mirror(it's a pun) that she can't get rid of. I'm currently at the part where she's getting past the third(and last) challenge to get the Good Magician Humfrys. I'm not very far into it. Oh, and it's in Xanth. Which is like Florida, Italy, and Korea combined. And it's magic if you couldn't tell already.  

The BLW

aniluv

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:08 pm
I'm reading two books right now. Storm Front by Jim Butcher and Bitten by Kelley Armstrong...both seem to be really good so far. *crosses fingers* sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:26 pm
Hmm...well, I'm reading a few books right now, and I'd recommend all of them. Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, is a good one. All about the Wicked Witch of The West

I'm also reading some of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, which is an extremely funny series; one great thing is that you can start it any book you'd like (There's almost forty books in the series).

So, if you look for good humor, or thought provoking reading, I'd reccomend those books, plus several others I've read, if you're interested.  

dragoniix

Desert_Demon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 11:00 am
Right now I'm nose deep in Eragon and if I can stomach through it, only on page 99, I started yesterday, I'll go out and get Eldest. Right now I'm not impressed with it, while most of the presented ideas are flat and obvious and character interaction is stunted and awkward, even though most will argue that that awkward tension was meant to be it feels too manufactured.

I do like Brom's character, but that's probably biased since I'm a huge Jeremy Iron's fan and I think he did a great job in the movie no matter how cliche it was. He's still very flat and rugged, but still, I've always liked old and grizzled characters who know a lot more than they let on.

the Demon  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 2:13 pm
I'm reading To The King A Daughter by Andre Norton and Sasha Miller. It's the first book in The Circle of Oak, Yew, Ash and Rowan series. It's about a kingdom that was once great and mighty, but is now yeilding to the effects of centuries of war. Queen Ysa has seized power and with her dark magic won't let anyone or thing stand in her way of gaining all of the power she can. Only the long ago prophecy that a Daughter of Ash will one day rise to reclaim her rightful place on the throne is the only thing that stands in her way.  

Amethist Jewelz

Lady Reader 2

Interesting Lunatic

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 3:06 pm
I'm reading Joust by Mercedes Lackey and its great! I love historical ficton books espesally aout Dragons!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:01 pm
dragoniix
Hmm...well, I'm reading a few books right now, and I'd recommend all of them. Wicked, by Gregory Maguire, is a good one. All about the Wicked Witch of The West

I'm also reading some of Terry Pratchett's Discworld series, which is an extremely funny series; one great thing is that you can start it any book you'd like (There's almost forty books in the series).

So, if you look for good humor, or thought provoking reading, I'd reccomend those books, plus several others I've read, if you're interested.

That reminds me of the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. There is about 29 in the series and it's full of puns.  

The BLW

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:41 pm
I have to admit I also picked up Eragon, just because with so much fuss about it I'm morbidly curious.

(lets hope I'm not plain morbid when I'm done)  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:50 pm
They're very good books if your into that kind of stuff.  

The BLW

Valas Hume

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:56 pm
I'm reading "Shadows of Death" by HP Lovecraft mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 4:19 pm
I'm reading the final storm by wayne thomas batson. it's kind of like the cs lewis series I mean like the god and devil theme behind it. The first book is called the door within and its about a boy named aidain who finds some acient scolls in his basement and reads them. At the end is a peom and he believes in the tale of the story and enters the door within. In the final storm that I'm currently reading. Aidain is in paragors caslte (character is based on the devil-paragor)and is searching for his friend who also entered the door within. its a really great series.  

lint ghost

OnlineCorpMod

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 5:30 am
"His Dark Materials" trilogy, or some might know it as the "Northern Lights" series! I'm on the last book, "The Amber Spyglass" and I stopped reading last night (well I kinda fell asleep while reading sweatdrop ) and the last bit of it I can remember is such a cliffhanger! surprised I think I'm gonna go up and read the rest in a minuet!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:54 pm
I'm reading Currant Events by Piers Anthony. Which is the 28th in the series.  

The BLW

eduardo galpaleano

Liberal Ladykiller

9,400 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:12 am
Dante's Inferno - the Allen Mandelbaum translation  
The FSFBG

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items