Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Maplestory DS! - UPDATE! First screen of actual gamplay! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

G a m e O v e r

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:21 pm
4ColorRebellion.com
South Korean games publisher Nexon announced today that they will be bringing their popular PC title, Maple Story, to the DS. Rumors of the game being ported to the handheld have been floating around since last May when David Lee, CEO of Nexon’s Japanese arm, revealed their plans to start developing games with Nintendo.

For the uninitiated, Maple Story is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) with a twist–it’s presented as a 2D side-scroller with chibi-anime styled characters. While playing the PC version is free, there is a heavy emphasis on purchasing clothing, pets, and other optional items through their online “Cash Shop” with real money.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

A short trailer for Maple Story DS has been made available, though it doesn’t show much beyond a brief gameplay clip and several energetic girls jumping. We’ve also got photos and videos from the Nintendo Launching Conference event where Korean versions of Brain Training and New Super Mario Bros. were also shown.

While the Nintendo DS Lite will see an official Korean release this January 18th, Maple Story DS won’t arrive until September later this year. There are no plans yet to publish the game in any other territories outside of Korea.

Very strange Maplestory DS trailer
Further confirmation via IGN
Maplestory.com

NEW!
GoNintendo.com
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Personally, I'm exstatic for this. I used to play some Maplestory, but after awhile, I found it just got boring. I'm sure I'll eventually get to that point with the DS version, but being able to play with you guys online will be a blast. DSMMORPG FTW!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:24 pm
If it really is a true MMORPG, I'll be excited for it, and I didn't even play it before..

I mean, come on. A DS MMORPG. : O  

Waynebrizzle

Sexy Yofu

User Image

OH SNAP!

I know people that LOOOOVE MapleStory, but I never got into it.

This might be cool!

Edit: Whoa, triple same-time post!  

The Resolve

Lavableman

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:25 pm
That would be awesome. I used to play Maple story, but of coarse, got bored of it. But I'll probably love playing it on the DS.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:26 pm
I pretty much feel the same way as you, this game is going to kickass.

Seaphron

LifelessFawkes

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:33 pm
Damn.
I hate MapleStory...
Used to play it..

GOT BORING.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 pm
holy fudge, MSDS!(rolls off the tounge, no?) I hope it is an actual mmorpg, I heard rumors it was going to just be minigames. but an mmorpg for the DS would own with much intensity!

I played/play maplestory. I still kinda play it on occasion, but I'm pretty bored with it as of late.  

Akuyoko

Romyion

Dapper Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:38 pm
I have no idea what a "MapleStory" is.Sounds like a kind of cereal. confused  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:46 pm
Sexy Yofu
User Image
This news came out today, and alot of the people here hadn't heard about it.  

G a m e O v e r

Walamanchee

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:58 pm
Eh, I've grown out of most MMOs... If this was PSO then I'd be more excited.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:59 pm
Meta_Fish
Sexy Yofu
User Image

...just today? cause this thing was announced around may last year. Of course at that time, it wasn't hitting states. So this may be new news cause they decided to make it stateside...

if not....I don't see how this is new news.  

Shin Oni

Invulnerable Enthusiasm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:14 pm
Sexy Yofu
User Image
It is not old. A while ago, it was talked about but people thought it was a rumor.

Now it has been 100% confirmed.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:18 pm
Shin Oni
Meta_Fish
Sexy Yofu
User Image

...just today? cause this thing was announced around may last year. Of course at that time, it wasn't hitting states. So this may be new news cause they decided to make it stateside...

if not....I don't see how this is new news.
MapleStory was introduced to the US last year? Are you out of your mind?

LAST YEAR PEOPLE BELIEVED THAT IT WAS SPECULATION JUST BECAUSE NEXON WERE IN TALKS WITH NINTENDO!!

NEXON DEVELOPING FOR NINTENDO HAS NOW BEEN 100% CONFIRMED!!!  

Invulnerable Enthusiasm

Zen Rider

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:31 pm
Awesome. Sucks I may be forced to import though, but we'll see as time goes on.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff