Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wicca: Blessed Be

Back to Guilds

For anyone interested in Wicca, Paganism, or Witchcraft 

Tags: Wicca, Pagan, Witchcraft, New Age, Community 

Reply The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!
[Guide] Astral Projection Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aurellion

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:40 pm
NOTE: This class/discussion is no longer taught/led by a teacher. However, please feel free to read through it and ask any questions that you may have or express any thoughts/opinions you have. Just please don't ask, "Can I join the class?" Because the answer is 'no'. Thank you.

"Astral projection is simply the transferring of the consciousness from the physical body to the astral body. We have several 'vehicles' for our consciousness, and the astral body is one of them."

It sounds relatively simple, right? ^^

Firstly, you must really want to be able to do it. Do you? Is it going to benefit you? I know this sounds all cheesy and elementary (bad pun ^^; ), but it really does help, trust me. For example, I had real trouble beginning lucid dreaming again as I had no-idea whether I actually wanted to do so. In the end, I decided I really did want to; and you know what? That night I lucid dreamt. ^^;

Robert Monroe said that "Fear is the great barrier to human growth." He's right. If you're scared you're not going to come back, or die, or anything else it won't work. Besides, all of this is complete codswallop. You will come back - by chance or by your own will. I've never ever heard of anyone facing these 'consequences' simply by astral projecting. You need to be relaxed.

The next one goes without saying - concentrate. It's hard I know, but without it astral projection will still reside on the astral realm, with you stuck on this slightly mundane realm.

You can tell when you're one your way when your body starts buzzing - literally vibrating. There are some theories as to the cause of this: one of which is...
    "I think this is because most of our primary chakras are in the head region and chakras are energy (and where there is energy, there is magnetism). When I project, the first thing to raise are my hands, and hands don't have a primary chakra. So it's the utter stilling of the head area chakras (thus reducing the magnetic pull) that allows separation."

~ Anne, from Astral Voyage.
The first couple of times you start buzzing, you'll probably throw yourself out back into the 'real world'. This is normal, fine and dandy. Just keep practicing.

Alright. Now you can stay in that vibration state - escape! There are numerous ways to do this. You could rise and move in real life - will yourself to rise above your body. You could pretend you're rolling out of bed. You could grab something solid - like your bed - and pull, willing your astral body to extract itself from you. Experiment with a few - see what feels right. Some people naturally have 'loose holds' on their physical body and can pop out with little to no effort - you never know, you could be one of these.

I know all of this sounds daunting, but like Maggie said: it's a natural part of sleeping.

Now, move your astral form away from your mundane physical 'shell'. This can take practice - like I said, just experiment. ^^ You'll get the hang of it. Just like anything - practice makes perfect!

So: to summarise.
    - believe. It's not a fantasy.
    - concentrate.
    - relax.
    - buzz.
    - escape.
    - experiment.

I hope I helped. ^^ For a more detailed explanation and tutorial, you can visit these links:
If anyone has an questions, please ask them here.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2006 5:27 pm

Yes! I was thinking of making a thread on AP, but completely forgot. I recently (like two days ago) read the jonasridgeway site and immediately fell in love with it. I've tried astral projection before, but it never worked. My inability to meditate probably mainly prohibits this, I think.

But I would -love- to astral project someday. I really would like to see my grandmother again. <3

()() ()()
( . .) (. . )
O('')('') ('')('')O

Childhood Dreams

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 6:06 pm
this could be quite useful, "wewts" for you as the youngens say now a days.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 7:39 pm
I would LOVE to be able to this but I haven't tried as of yet. But I plan on trying tonight ^-^ Oh one question, sometimes at night I wake up because it feels like I was um falling into my bed if that makes sense but my physical body has not moved. Could this possible be to do with astral projection???

EDIT: Nvm I just found my answer on the second site ^-^  

[ Pixilated_Death ]

Aurellion

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:09 am
Which is yes, I presume? xd

Lagaz, I constantly say wewt, and I'm not that young... >_>

Rei, go for it. whee The main thing is practice. [nod nod]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:30 am
but you ARE young Jen... My joints and back are already going crying I'm only 15.

You gave theory and instruction on everything... Except the basic... How to start doing it all... with the buzzing and everything. After that point you have it all covered... but... =S.  

The Spam Fairy

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:27 pm
your younger then me so i get to call you a young folk so there rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 5:51 pm
>_< Darn, and drat.

Okay... I didn't think there needed to be much instruction: everyone's got their own way of meditating. I'll give it a go though. whee

Firstly, like I said: you need to believe in it. When you're sure of that, go into a meditational state: perfectly relaxed, but determined. Then, just focus on Astral Projecting. After all, how do you meditate? By focusing on nothing: meditating.

Don't have thoughts of "am I doing this right?" Of course you are. Even if you aren't, it won't matter: everyone's an individual, so what matters is whether the 'wrong' way works for you.

Alright. So. The 'buzzing' should happen when you're relaxed, determined and willing yourself to astral project. Get all thoughts of "what do I do" and "I hope I'm doing this right" away from you! It'll come.

Practice makes perfect. wink

...any help? Or do I need to explain it more? I can if you want. ^^

Aurellion

Sachi_x

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:44 pm
That helps 3nodding I'll try again tonight with your advice in mind.

Thanks, Jen! ^^  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:38 am
You're welcome. whee I'm glad to be of service...

If it doesn't help, I can try again. >_<;

Aurellion

The_ff_lod_mule

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 12:30 pm
count me on in this class  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:22 am
I notice that when I am concentrating on anything hard enough I tend to tense my muscles... not helpful at all.
I read through the first website and that actually answered a lot of my questions and put things in terms I can better get a grip of.
This sounds silly but one of the reasons I had researched astral projection in the past was because I had the idea that I could go to the moon or some other planet and that sounded amazing to me. For the longest time and until reading that site I had a slight worry that it would take a really long time to get there and back. Just like traveling physically, like how when a star explodes we don't see it happen till four years later due to the distance between that star and us.
(I'm goofy =P)  

Fieryhexe

Sachi_x

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:44 pm
Neh, I still haven't made much progress with this..

Still, sometimes at night I'll start to get vibrations (It happened last night for example). I'll be sort of drifting off into a dream (Y'know, still thinking but sort of asleep? That's as best as I can explain it..), and my legs will start vibrating. Of course, I totally ruin the moment by thinking, "Oh! Vibrations! Hoorah for astral projection!" stare The thought destroys that half-dream state.

Hopefully in time I'll just get used to it and not think that anymore!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:53 pm
I have trouble not falling asleep =P
I wake up to early and get to bed to late and its all so I can get a chance to spend some time with my boyfriend so I get relaxed and then wake up two hours later...  

Fieryhexe

leprosy lol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:16 am
I find myself always thinking, and it's very difficult to meditate or lie still and think about 'nothing'. I'll be really close, and then suddenly I'll think about whether or not I watered my plants, if I forgot any homework, if I'm hungry or not, or even something as trivial as trying to remember a certain line in a move or bok - it's like I'm not physically capable of being calm unless I'm actually asleep.

Are there any tricks or ideas that you have for making this sort of thing easier? I know it gets easier with practice, but I feel like I needto actually get into a meditative state before any improvement will happen, because I'm been trying for a little over a year and I still can't do it.

The Academy - - [classes, how-to's, guides] - - Ostara/Mabon Party! Join us!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games