Reply The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]
Faeries Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wolfsbanemoon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:21 pm
I've been interested in the fay for some time now, indeed, exploring the woods and searching for them used to be, and sometimes still is one of my faveorite passtimes, but as a guy, it's not very socially acceptable for me to buy any books on them, especially as my family would think i'd gone completely off my rocker if they found books such as "The little people: Communicating with faeries and using their magick", lying around. Hence I ask for help/guidance on the subject here. Anyone want to share their knowladge?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:33 pm
Let me see...Ted Andrews has written a book on working with the fay, and it doesn't have a frilly-looking cover. Also, try any mythology book. It will have some insight into the faerie realm fo that particular culture.  

Oshun

wolfsbanemoon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:43 am
Oh, i've got a few of those (mythology books), that's what first really got me into it (things such as "The Green Man," "The Faerie Reel," "Water: Tales of Elemental Spirits," and others, however, I want to get to know them more in depth.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:53 am
I see. You could also pick up a tarot deck that is centered around the faerie realm. The accompanying book usually has some really good information in it. I have a deck called "The Fairy Ring" by Anna Franklin and Paul Mason that has some really good information in it. In the back of the book to the tarot deck is a selected bibliography that is about 4 pages long. In my opinion, the bibliography is your friend. Hope that helps.  

Oshun

Kayne Aiya

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 9:58 am
The fay, huh. Now there's an interesting subject. I know a little on them, so I can probably help. Just tell me what you need to know and I can help on this. But I don't know alot and I certainly don't want anything I say to be engraved in stone..lol

Faeries are usually out for a good time. I've never had any experiences with them, personally., so I can't say that I know every thing.lol. Anyway I can help, I will. rofl

Oshun, I personally don't think people should be visiting Faerie. Faeries are trickstersand like I said before like to have a fun time at pother peoples expenses, so I think some should be careful when going about them.They hate when people just kinda come into their private places (like the hill in Tara, ( i think that's the name...)) So I really think you shouldn't...... That sounded kinda Ominous to me.lol. I sound like a crazed lady. I don't know much about going to realms and stuff, so I can't really give out some good "be careful" warnings, but I will try and take some responsibility and try to make sure nothing bad comes from anything.lol. blaugh

I'll try and make any explanations general, but I guess people have many different views on this subject and various others.....
I guess I can say a little, stop if you think I'm being retarded or you kow something already or any of that. Even if what I said was completely wrong, Go ahead and tell me, I'd like to improve my knowledge too. biggrin

Alright, so I'll just say a bit right now... Umm....where to start?.....Okay, so faerie folk have supposedly been around since before man became intelligent and the like. Faeries like to "kidnap people for awhile, for some fun. The normal time you can be stuck with them is seven years. If you find a faery ring, i do believ it's mushrooms or something like that.. neutral , Faeries will play some music and you'll be in that circle for a bit.lol...

Oh, I have to go...If you want some more information, I'm much obliged to help, but I don't know much and would like to hear what others know too! blaugh

Please though, be careful around Faery. I don't like just giving out warnings so I wont be too "Do it and you'll have a million years of bad luck"lol ( is that black magic?. confused ) but watch yourself.. 3nodding .lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:37 pm
Kayne Aiya
. Faeries like to "kidnap people for awhile, for some fun. The normal time you can be stuck with them is seven years.

Seriously :O Do people notice this? :O  

xonightmareox

Oshun

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:09 pm
I wasn't saying that a person should visit the Faerie realm. I was trying to give good ideas as to where a person could get better information. I personally have not worked with the Faerie realm, but I know someone who does. He is always extremely careful as to whom he works with or which Faerie court he calls upon. He has had a few instances in which they have tried to pull him in, but he says as long as he focuses on a loved one, he can resist the call. Please keep in mind my friend is an extremely willful, stubborn man who doesn't like to be told what to do.

Also remember there are two courts to call upon. The Seelie (Light Court) and the Un-Seelie (Dark Court). It really makes a difference as to which one you call upon. Be really careful.

Honestly, I don't feel comfortable working with the Fairy Ring tarot set I have. It makes for really good reference material, but that's pretty much all I use it for. I work better with dragons and other of animals.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:51 pm
Mmm, I myself use a set of Native American Tarot Cards. I connect very well with them. Back to the fay, I thank you all for your warnings. I am fully aware of the dangers, but again, thanks for the warnings. I would love to meet the person you say communicates with them. How did he learn? from a book? I'd love to know the title. Still, I doubt I could visit often into that realm, and, it being such a dangerous realm anyway, I think I ought to start with calmer, less tempting ones. Why does he normally visit?  

wolfsbanemoon

WitchyBoy

2,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 8:41 pm
the only thing i know about the fay is that they dont like me...  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:54 am
xonightmareox
Kayne Aiya
. Faeries like to "kidnap people for awhile, for some fun. The normal time you can be stuck with them is seven years.

Seriously :O Do people notice this? :O
Since i's seven years, I think people do notice. I've heard that when your stuck in a faerie ring, you're the only one that doesn't know the time is going by. It's supposed to feel like two minutes, not seven years.lol

Oshun
I wasn't saying that a person should visit the Faerie realm. I was trying to give good ideas as to where a person could get better information. I personally have not worked with the Faerie realm, but I know someone who does. He is always extremely careful as to whom he works with or which Faerie court he calls upon. He has had a few instances in which they have tried to pull him in, but he says as long as he focuses on a loved one, he can resist the call. Please keep in mind my friend is an extremely willful, stubborn man who doesn't like to be told what to do.

Also remember there are two courts to call upon. The Seelie (Light Court) and the Un-Seelie (Dark Court). It really makes a difference as to which one you call upon. Be really careful.

Honestly, I don't feel comfortable working with the Fairy Ring tarot set I have. It makes for really good reference material, but that's pretty much all I use it for. I work better with dragons and other of animals.
Oh, I'm sorry if I came off as rude... I only meant that people should be very careful....

On another note.... Can you ask your friend about faerie darts? I don't know much about them, though they are interesting...  

Kayne Aiya

Oshun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:51 am
wolfsbanemoon
Mmm, I myself use a set of Native American Tarot Cards. I connect very well with them. Back to the fay, I thank you all for your warnings. I am fully aware of the dangers, but again, thanks for the warnings. I would love to meet the person you say communicates with them. How did he learn? from a book? I'd love to know the title. Still, I doubt I could visit often into that realm, and, it being such a dangerous realm anyway, I think I ought to start with calmer, less tempting ones. Why does he normally visit?

He really hasn't learned from a book. Stuff like this tends to happen to him, and then he looks up what he has experienced. It's like it is drawn to him. That's the type of person he is. He doesn't visit on a normal basis. He usually only goes when he needs to think about a certain problem; therefore, he hasn't gone for a long while. His employment is such that he would be very missed if he went into the realm.

Personally, I would only go looking into the Faerie realm if I was invited. At least, that's the impression I got with those tarot cards.

Kayne Aiya
Oshun

Oh, I'm sorry if I came off as rude... I only meant that people should be very careful....

On another note.... Can you ask your friend about faerie darts? I don't know much about them, though they are interesting...

I can ask, but I'm not sure what his response will be. I'll let you know.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 1:24 am
what would you like to know. Pm me about it. Im an expert on fairies and other small creatures. *thumbs up*

Lu'  

Lus-cloud

Kayne Aiya

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 4:05 pm
Lus-cloud
what would you like to know. Pm me about it. Im an expert on fairies and other small creatures. *thumbs up*

Lu'
Like I said before, I know a bit.lol. Would you mind posting some info here? I'd love to learn more about it.
3nodding  
The Library - - [spells, rituals, blessings tree, etc]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces