Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Debate and Discussion
Day of Silence for Abortion Victims *Baby Murder* Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Participating?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Kyoni Dizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
^ Clickable ^

This is an organization that has a day of silence every year for the millions of beautiful human beings that will never have the chance to speak. Information is on the site when you click the banner.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:01 pm
no offence..... but i cant live without talking every 10 seconds  

koreanusher

Kyoni Dizzy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 9:32 pm
lol thats ok, im just throwin this out there for anyone who might be interested.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:45 pm
That is amazing, and I'd totaly participate---

but if I stop talking for an entire day,
I get sent to therapy,
and my friends worry
and people think I'm angry at them...
And yeah.

Pro-life heart

Saria Doragon

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 10:53 pm
I put no on the poll, but not because I don't support the cause, but that I don't support cheap knock-offs of something else. If Christians want to make a point, they should start by being original.

Slapping a 'Jesus' label on something doesn't make it Christian.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 11:16 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
I put no on the poll, but not because I don't support the cause, but that I don't support cheap knock-offs of something else. If Christians want to make a point, they should start by being original.
Slapping a 'Jesus' label on something doesn't make it Christian.

User Image

Agreed. I can picture it now, "Hey Mindy, why arn't you talking?" What am I supposed to do? I can't tell them that I'm supporting pro-life because then the point would be ruined.
I wouldn't try to write it down because they would just laugh at me and smack me in the head, "Mindy, you're weird!" Then I'd smack them back and it just wouldn't end well. @_@
I'll support it by not doing abortion myself ^^.

Try the new kitty bread! Now made with real kittens!

Seority

fantrl

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:26 am
koreanusher
no offence..... but i cant live without talking every 10 seconds
""If any man would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it; and whoever loses his life for my sake and the gospel's will save it."
Mark 8:34-35

Being a disciple of Jesus requires sacrifice, and denial of self. For someone who "Can't live without talking," not talking for a day would probably be an amazing way to make a sacrifice for the good of the Kingdom.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:28 am
Saria Doragon

I get sent to therapy,
and my friends worry
And yeah.

Pro-life heart
When you have tape over your mouth saying "life," I doubt people would take your silence personally (unless they're a pro-choice militant).  

fantrl

Seority

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:47 am
fantrl
Saria Doragon

I get sent to therapy,
and my friends worry
And yeah.

Pro-life heart
When you have tape over your mouth saying "life," I doubt people would take your silence personally (unless they're a pro-choice militant).

User Image

Then the teachers would tell me to remove it. I don't think they'll let a kid walk around with tape on their mouth all day.
And I know that my friends would really pick on me if I had tape on my mouth XD!

Kitty teh bread.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:56 am
Seority
fantrl
Saria Doragon

I get sent to therapy,
and my friends worry
And yeah.

Pro-life heart

User Image

Then the teachers would tell me to remove it. I don't think they'll let a kid walk around with tape on their mouth all day.
And I know that my friends would really pick on me if I had tape on my mouth XD!

Kitty teh bread.
Doubtful. With the day of silence, the gay rights silent protest, students walk around with tape on their mouths all day. Freedom of speech/expression protects this right.  

fantrl

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:01 pm
fantrl
Doubtful. With the day of silence, the gay rights silent protest, students walk around with tape on their mouths all day. Freedom of speech/expression protects this right.

That's because the say of silence is cleared with the school prior to being done.

Try getting this past the administration.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:42 pm
Seority
fantrl
Saria Doragon

I get sent to therapy,
and my friends worry
And yeah.

Pro-life heart

User Image

Kitty teh bread.

According to the case of Tinker V. Des Moines, the school cant stop you from wearing tape over your mouth, unless of course you have a red taped mouth gang in your area, and it's covered in the school guidelines. I doubt that's the case. anyway, it's a law that prior rulings in trials should be followed for future cases. but i forget what its called... (see, Taking business law DID pay off a little)  

Kyoni Dizzy

Azarhael Morganti

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:03 pm
Thank you so much for posting this! I LUFFELS YOU!!!!

I've always been against abortion and this seems like a great thing to do. I'm gunna go put sticky notes all around my room for this now!!! ^^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:49 pm
Well I have school so If it was another day I would do it . . .  

Soul Mourn

SinfulGuillotine

Perfect Trash

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm
To be perfectly honest, I find such "days of silence" to be an especially pointless way of protesting something.

Yes, actions can speak louder than words, but is it not words that inspire actions?

Yes, the silence is very symbolic, but beyond that, it really has no purpose.

If you feel very strongly about something, why not stand up on a desk in the middle of class and give an impassioned speech on the matter? Why not make t-shirts and use your words to inform people of your stance and reasons for taking the stance you do on a paricular issue?

While it's a nice idea, I just think there are far better ways to make a statement, all of which involve the very opposite of staying silent.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff