Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Heaven Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Invader Ferret

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:19 am
I've been thinking about it a lot lately. It's just going to be so amazing. I can't wait. I was thinking weird things like "I wonder if there will be TV in Heaven" Lol.

I know in Revelations it describes Heaven like a clear flowing river. But I didn't read much more because Revelations confuses me. Hehe.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:15 am
Emma.De
I've been thinking about it a lot lately. It's just going to be so amazing. I can't wait. I was thinking weird things like "I wonder if there will be TV in Heaven" Lol.

I know in Revelations it describes Heaven like a clear flowing river. But I didn't read much more because Revelations confuses me. Hehe.

A friend asked me the same question yesterday...about the TV's. Heehee...
Anyways. Heaven is...indescribable. There are things documented about it...like that the streets are paved in gold etc. (I can't find the passage...) but so much of this stuff is symbolic because we cannot understand what heaven will be like. Like that gold streets. They symbolise eternity (gold doesn't rust). Things like that. I'm sure Brett or Josh (when he's not working heart ) or Rick can explain this better to you.
heart  

Ginzeng

Zebeth

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:24 am
Ginzeng
Anyways. Heaven is...indescribable.

"Indescribable, uncontainable, you placed the stars in the sky and you know them by name, you are amazing God!" xd heart

Revelation 21:4 "He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away."

Revelation 21:18-26 "The wall was made of jasper, and the city of pure gold, as pure as glass. The foundations of the city walls were decorated with every kind of precious stone. The first foundation was jasper, the second sapphire, the third chalcedony, the fourth emerald, the fifth sardonyx, the sixth carnelian, the seventh chrysolite, the eighth beryl, the ninth topaz, the tenth chrysoprase, the eleventh jacinth, and the twelfth amethyst. The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass. I did not see a temple in the city, because the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are its temple. The city does not need the sun or the moon to shine on it, for the glory of God gives it light, and the Lamb is its lamp. The nations will walk by its light, and the kings of the earth will bring their splendor into it. On no day will the gates ever be shut, for there will be no night there. The glory and honor of the nations wil be brought into it."

Revelation 22:1-5 "Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb down the middle of the greet street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations. No longer will there be any curse. The throne of God and of the Lamb will be in the city, and his servants will serve him. They will see his face, and his name will be on their foreheads. There will be no more night. The will not need the light of the lamp or the light of the sun, for the Lord God will give them light. And they will reign for ever and ever.

There won't be a sun. God's glory gives it light.
People are invited to live with God forever.
There is no more sin and no more tears or sorrow.
The place is new.
The people may eat from the tree of life.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:19 am
Hm...all I know is that Heaven is so amazingly beautiful that we can't look upon it with our mortal eyes, 'cause we couldn't stand it.

Edit: Actually, I wondered about TV in Heaven too. xd Seems silly, but I guess we'll know in the long run!  

Aranthii

manofgod14

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 12:43 pm
Emma.De

lol. my cousin said that she wanted to have a rollercoaster that changes every time she get on it when she gets to heaven. blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:46 pm
I've enjoyed pondering the self-accomadating heaven.

!!!*doink?*!!!
If being a Christian on earth is doing good and God lets everyone have the good they need, then would we no longer be able to help one another... oh wait what was I thinking we dont' help eachother now, that's God doing the work... silly me... anyway heaven's gonna be cool cause they will have better than tv and rollercoasters, they'll have God and that's all they'll need to make me happy.

I wonder what will happen if I do eat from the tree of life....? I wonder if I will be able to remember being alive... I don't want to die soon, but heaven is so tempting lol... I pray I live a long drawn out life here on earth that I may better serve the lord each day of my life and stay of the caffeine, Amen.  

Kutsuke

emobeagles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 8:51 pm
What I wonder is, how can we be so happy if we know that people we loved are in hell? I don't want to be ignorantly happy...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:05 pm
emobeagles
What I wonder is, how can we be so happy if we know that people we loved are in hell? I don't want to be ignorantly happy...

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind."

If you don't want to lose your loved ones, tell them about Christ. From there, if they reject, then it's their fault.

I guess that we can add in "Ignorance is bliss."  

Zebeth

PreacherBoy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 9:18 pm
emobeagles

I doubt we will be ignorant. We will be sorrowful at first; yet, God will wipe away our tears forever.

Revelation 7:14-17 - 14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 15 Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them. 16 They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither shall the sun light on them, nor any heat. 17 For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:21 am
I was talking to a friend today and we both wanted to know if we'd like, still know each other in Heaven? Would we still be able to interact with each other?

Usually when I think about Heaven, for some reason I think it's going to be like a dream-state, but then I realise it's going to be so real. It's just so hard to grasp onto, that God has this amazing world we can't even begin to imagine waiting for us. Doesn't God just rock? biggrin 'Course He does. =]  

Invader Ferret

Kutsuke

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:15 am
Emma.De
I was talking to a friend today and we both wanted to know if we'd like, still know each other in Heaven? Would we still be able to interact with each other?

Usually when I think about Heaven, for some reason I think it's going to be like a dream-state, but then I realise it's going to be so real. It's just so hard to grasp onto, that God has this amazing world we can't even begin to imagine waiting for us. Doesn't God just rock? biggrin 'Course He does. =]

Well, all Christians are part of God and therefore I believe that not only will we know people we already knew, we'll know everyone.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 10:51 am
A book that has what I think is an interesting idea as to what Heaven could be like is The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold. Unfortunately, that book's Heaven didn't have a God, or at least no mention of one... sweatdrop but the other aspects of it are interesting.  

Aranthii

AngelLuv741

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:16 pm
we can't imagine what it will be like in heaven. not even the most descriptive texts could give us an accurate description of heaven and it's wonders. only god knows. it's beyond human comprehension.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 2:45 pm
Basicaly for me, If heaven is what it is described int eh bible ( i know it is) Then i cant wait to get there, I just want to be at the thrown of God worshiping him forever....
....Like it says there are Both angels and human souls rejoycing him all the time forever...How amazing must one be to be praised forever??? This just shows how amazing it will be.....

.....I know that in heaven, when im shouting at the top of my vioce "HOLY IS THE LORD" He reveals a little bit more of him self to me (his holiness for example) creating my to Shout it again, and again and forever biggrin I just cant wait...I love being in awe of him on earth...and the greatest presence he as ever set on this earth, i reckon its only a billions of a fraction of what it really is!  

Don Rich

jabberbox

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 7:46 pm
Ginzeng
Emma.De

A friend asked me the same question yesterday...about the TV's. Heehee...
Anyways. Heaven is...indescribable. There are things documented about it...like that the streets are paved in gold etc. (I can't find the passage...) but so much of this stuff is symbolic because we cannot understand what heaven will be like. Like that gold streets. They symbolise eternity (gold doesn't rust). Things like that. I'm sure Brett or Josh (when he's not working heart ) or Rick can explain this better to you.
heart

the thing is, pure gold is clear  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas