Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

We learned to change
  but did we change to learn?
View Results

Spastic waffles

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:31 pm
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:41 am
I believe that in God's presence we should wear/look our best. I wear modest clothes that look best (pretty).  

Atarashi No Sensei

Fairytoes

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:13 am
I'm non-denominational, but I still like to look nice when I go to Church. If I wear jeans they are usually white with a nice blouse. I'm a Mom, so I also feel I need to dress as an example for my kids. I let my kids wear whatever they want. I've never had an issue with them wanting to wear something really inappropriate. I do like to dress up in my nice skirts and such because, I feel like I am going into the house of our Lord and I want to dress up for Him. I feel like it makes Him smile when I go to the trouble to put on my nice clothes. I also feel that everywhere you go is within God's home, but for Church I do like to dress up a bit. I don't think badly about anyone else who doesn't dress up. I am just happy they are there!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 9:46 am
I dont like Uniform  

Jesus_Freak_Girl

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:41 am
Spastic waffles
I know different denominational churches have different dress codes.

What is your denomination, what is your view on clothing in and outside of church, and why do you think that?

Me?

I am a non-denominational christian.

I believe that on Sundays you should dress however you feel within reason. My typical Sunday outfit is Jeans and one of my nicer T-shirts. Occasionally I'll wear a button-up shirt or something like that, but I almost never wear skirts, in or outside of church. Outside of church I dress fairly modestly.

I believe that God doesn't care what you wear, that it's what's inside that counts, although you shouldn't dress incredibly immodestly or anything like that, and I would never dream of wearing ratty jeans and t-shirts to church. I wear my nicer jeans and t's.

same as me......I love to dress up spiffy though lol *dies*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:07 pm
I'm Roman Catholic, and there's no established dress code. Most people show up in a nice shirt and khaki pants, but I've been known to wear jeans and a tshirt, others wear hoodies, shorts, flip flops... it's really a "come as you are" type thing. For a lot of people though, dressing nicely is a sign of respect, which is why so many people do. For others, they feel they can show respect in other ways, and it's fine for them too.  

Ablazed
Captain

Rio

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:22 pm
I just wear whatever (not torn up clothes though) Sometimes I want to wear something nice, but sometimes I don't want to look my best because I'm feeling low/bad. I don't think God puts wearing certain clothes as a sin.. but we still should try to look nice when in the presence of God's house.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:58 pm
I'm Catholic.

While most Catholics have jumped on the liberal bandwagon, and basically become Protestants, I believe in the True Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, clearly mentioned in John 6. As such, I have to look my personal best to Church, because Jesus is physically present there. So yes, I believe in dressing up.  

fantrl

PoppyDadswell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:33 am
I belong to a very strict religious group.Men are not allowed long hair and women are not allowed short hair.Women are to dresss modestly and with no make up,trousers or jewerally and no one is allowed to dye theur hair,wear hats in church,have tattoos or pierceings.This is all mentioned in the new testament.On sundays we dress very soberly,but even in day to day wear we still look apart from most people.People who wear jeans to church and scruffy clothes on a sunday have no respect for God.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:42 am
PoppyDadswell
I belong to a very strict religious group.Men are not allowed long hair and women are not allowed short hair.Women are to dresss modestly and with no make up,trousers or jewerally and no one is allowed to dye theur hair,wear hats in church,have tattoos or pierceings.This is all mentioned in the new testament.On sundays we dress very soberly,but even in day to day wear we still look apart from most people.People who wear jeans to church and scruffy clothes on a sunday have no respect for God.

I don't think dress shows wheter or not we have no respect for God. I think it's whether or not we actually respect God. All throughout the sermon on the mount, Jesus doesn't focus on what the people did so much as who the people were in their hearts.

However, I have much respect for you and the way you've chosen to live your life. I think it's admirable for you to desire to stick out for God's sake. Many people I know would rather blend in. And I'm sure that you carry a certain grace and beauty with you that not many other girls do.  

Berezi

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:00 am
fantrl
I'm Catholic.

While most Catholics have jumped on the liberal bandwagon, and basically become Protestants, I believe in the True Presence of Jesus in the Eucharist, clearly mentioned in John 6. As such, I have to look my personal best to Church, because Jesus is physically present there. So yes, I believe in dressing up.

looking nice is good, but the father most high looks upon thy heart, not thine attire, just look at his disciples! and the sinners he spent time with! he was a modest dressing man! Formality is not nessicary, but I do dress up because it looks nice!  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:03 am
PoppyDadswell

no long hair for men? the saviour most likely had long hair himself, for jews of the day did, even though he wasn't normally like them, it's still safe to assume that Jesus did, plus he wasn't strict, he broke MANY RELIGIOUS rules.  

Etherealemblem

vampy dave

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:54 pm
Sunday mornings I usually wear a nice pair of black pants and a button-up shirt or a nice shirt. Sunday nights and Wednesdays I wear jeans and a shirt, or whatever I wore to school that day. I don't like dressing immodestly for 2 reasons. 1) because it's wrong and 2) because I'm just not that confident in myself. I guess that's a good thing though. I don't really care if people show up in jeans or whatever. Maybe they don't have/can't afford anything nicer. I know some people like that. You shouldn't judge only on apperance, but on actions as well.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 3:36 pm
PoppyDadswell
Men are not allowed long hair
crying  

ioioouiouiouio

Berezi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:59 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
PoppyDadswell
Men are not allowed long hair
crying
Dost thou, oh awesome dude, have long hair?

And if so, how long? (Kinda curious. My hair is a little over a foot). Well, a foot and a half, really.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff