Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are we coming to the end times?
  yes
  no
View Results

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:47 am
Hello, i'm new to this website..but i'm not sure how many of you are following the news..but we are on the brink of world war 3. Iran and North Korea are really high strung right now and want to attack Israel. Wars are bad and all..but what really concers me is in Revelations and such how it talks about how those will be signs of Jesus coming back. Are we ready?

Really..i think horribly not. Its sad really looking at what a christian and non christian...you can't tell the difference -_-.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:52 am
It could be possible,but people have been prodicting the end of the world for thousands of years so yea.
And welcome to this website.  

dirtdevilgrunt13

dragonlove_48

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:09 am
I think we are, but I'm also not gonna be disapointed if we arn't. I'd say if a world leader arises and makes evryone make peace with evryone else, then I'd start putting the bibles predictions above evrything else. again though, we have to remember that the pharisees misinterperted the prophesies, and it caused them to miss their fulfillment. Personally think we'll come to that time in the next generation or so, but I'm careful about saying that. I could be misinterperting things.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 1:30 pm
Yes..it's so hard because Jesus says he will come like a theif in the night...not knowing the day or hour. My dad is talking about it alot and we had a message about it last week. I just hope that if he is coming soon...that we will be ready.  

Siren of Saturn

Bioluminescent Panda

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:03 pm

i think we are near the end times... i agree with you. {i meant to click 'yes' on the poll, but i missed. O.O so i'm the 1 person who voted 'no'}

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:56 pm
And everyone was saying 6/6.06 was the end.
cool rolleyes  

dirtdevilgrunt13

Siren of Saturn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:48 pm
yeah..that was kind of interesting. Nothing even happened! It is interesting to see what is hapening with the war with Israel though. They say that China, Russia, France, North Korea, and Iran will all be together in the destroying of Israel. Hopefully..the united states will think and support the Lord's chosen people.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:01 am
I believe we are in the end times. The world just gets worst. That's why we should get our hearts right with God.  

Atarashi No Sensei

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 12:23 am
People have been predicting the End of Times for centuries now; they have yet to be right. (See The Great Disappointment.) These 'signs' have been seen before, and they have yet to actually indicate that the world is coming to an end. Is it a possibility? I suppose. Is it likely? Probably not.
Now, as to Israel, I'm not sure what exactly China, Russia, France and North Korea have to do with anything. Yes, Iran has ties to Hezbollah and its president has publicly stated that Israel ought to be destroyed; but as to those other nations, well, they're hardly what I'd call a threat to Israel. China and North Korea certainly don't have anything to gain from attacking Israel, and North Korea probably doesn't even have the means to do so. Russia and France have been critical of Israel's incursion into Lebanon (as have others), but they have never expressed any desire to see the state of Israel destroyed.
For the time being, we are not seeing World War III. What we have on our hands is a regional conflict, similar in some ways to the Israeli occupation of Southern Lebanon in the 1980's. To be sure, it has the potential to spiral into something worse, but it isn't there yet and there's no guarantee that it will ever get there.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 1:41 pm
I think it is more of a possiblity now then it really has been before. I cannot say for sure, no one can really...  

Litia_Echo

Ginger Snapple

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:38 pm
I could never commit myself to saying yes or no to the question.
Why?
Because I don't know. And thats how God wants it. He doesnt want us to know when Jesus is coming back until it is at hand. We should live all out lives as strong Christians, and we should practice our beliefs as if Jesus were coming tomorrow. Jesus will come to us when it is time.
I believe that maybe this could be the end of times. But I also know many bad things have happened in the past. I'm sure during WWI when the world was at war, and then on the home-fronts people were dying in mass from a virus that was newly discovered, people probably felt like it was the end. I'm sure when the A-bombs were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagaski people thought they might be approaching the end of time. But it wasn't. Time went on.
But if it is the end of times, shouldn't we all be glad? Not scared and not worrisom.
I always like this quote that I found from Ghandi, I think it really makes sense.
“There is nothing that wastes the body like worry, and one who has any faith in God should be ashamed to worry about anything whatsoever”

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:09 pm
I agree with Ginger.  

Atarashi No Sensei

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:46 pm
Siren of Saturn
Iran and North Korea are really high strung right now and want to attack Israel.

Since when did North Korea care about Israel, much less want to attack it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:59 pm
We can never be sure when the end times will be.Not even Jesus knows....only God.I do believe we're getting closer and closer though.World War 3 is going to be pretty bad though.....North and South Veitnam are already prepared with nueclear bombs.At least this is what my father told me.Doi not be afraid that today might be your last day on earth.Just think of every day being one step closer to God and Heaven.  

reddy4nething

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Haven923

Aged Gaian

7,600 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:07 pm
I don't really mind about the 'WWIII', I'm waiting to get a good seat for the war after that. The war vs. Heaven and Hell. That is going to be fun 3nodding  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff