Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Oui, what's happening to this forum? :gonk: Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KateDogg

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:12 pm
Okay, folks. I might be spammed, hated, and flamed for saying this, but I feel a need to do so.

What's happening to this forum???? I'm becoming more and more disillusioned by it. Is it just me, or are people here believing in things contrary to what God and the Bible says? "Premarital sex is okay!" No, it isn't. I really hate to "force" this "doctrine" on people, but how can we hold part of the Bible as true, and the other part as not?? Oh, it's okay to [insert something contrary to the Bible] but it's not okay to kill, or [insert part of the 10 Commandments]. So we just take part of God's words and not the other?

As Christians, we need to enlighten fellow brethrens about God, instead of dragging them down (sometimes even dragging them down along with us!). I surely don't want to give any Christians any wrong ideas about what to do or what not to do, because I would cause them to stumble.

Does anybody here agree with me on this, or am I the only person who feels this way? confused

EDIT: And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike anybody here, non-Christians and Christians alike. Nor do I hate anybody. I apologize before hand if I sound like I'm singling out anyone.

Inside, I feel this deep dread that we're drifting farther and farther away from God.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:14 pm
And that's the problem with the bible as I see it: it wasn't written by lawyers. If it had been, then it would be a much more precise document and the rest of us wouldn't be stuck with the messy job of exegesis. But, alas, the modern legal profession did not exist back then, and so the bible is open to a variety of interpretations, not all of which are going to be compatible. Or, to put it more succinctly, everyone is orthodox to himself. Point is, what you see as dragging people down, others see as reasonable biblical interpretation. It's your right to disagree with them, of course, and to try to convince them of your point of view, but in the end it is a matter of personal conscience, and you have to respect that.  

Tarrou

Treasonry

Hardcore Capitalist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 4:09 pm
O.o y would you think sex before marrage is ok!? confused it says it is sin to have sex before marrage!!  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:54 pm
i fyou thought this forum was bad now you should have seen it when some "specific" members were still active. they're mainly the reasons many of us left, including me. but now that ive been back for a while....

its ALOT better than what it had turned into. so trust me....i think its just you smile  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:04 am
well...pre marital sex is wrong either way you look at it. its not oly socially un acceptabler, but its also morally unacceptable. it also says in revelation that the sexualy imoral will not b allowed access into the city, and they shall have to face the seven plagues...(the seven angels and all tha, i dun have my bible with me at the moment, so i'll post it on here when i get home on monday) but still. if they were people saying that premarital sex is right (i take it u mean oin this guild, i wasn here wheneva tha stuff happened r w/e) then they're either drunk, high, wasted, stupid, or, just dont fully undertand the bible. OR haven read the bible...also need to remember, there are non-christians in this guild, so they may not have very much knowledge of the bible, and they may believe that premarital sex is ok, which i understand. because they haven read the bible, nor do they kno God on a personal level. (i'm not targeting neone) i'm just suggesting reasons r w/e...but ya...i'm tired, leave me alone!!! gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:35 am
SaintXenos
i fyou thought this forum was bad now you should have seen it when some "specific" members were still active. they're mainly the reasons many of us left, including me. but now that ive been back for a while....

its ALOT better than what it had turned into. so trust me....i think its just you smile

I see... Thanks for telling me this. ^^ I guess I feel better that there's somebody who understands what I'm talking about.  

KateDogg

KateDogg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:37 am
Tangled Up In Blue
And that's the problem with the bible as I see it: it wasn't written by lawyers. If it had been, then it would be a much more precise document and the rest of us wouldn't be stuck with the messy job of exegesis. But, alas, the modern legal profession did not exist back then, and so the bible is open to a variety of interpretations, not all of which are going to be compatible. Or, to put it more succinctly, everyone is orthodox to himself. Point is, what you see as dragging people down, others see as reasonable biblical interpretation. It's your right to disagree with them, of course, and to try to convince them of your point of view, but in the end it is a matter of personal conscience, and you have to respect that.

Sure, you can interpret the Bible your own way, but (for Christians), there's only one Truth. And man, let it not be only partial.....  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:29 am
Let me point out something. I am refusing judgement on alot of topic. I am not a judge. I left because of my temper. I will not rejoin because I said I would not. I am someone of my word. As a community we need to hate sin love the sinner not the other way around.  

rftkfan

Tarrou

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:33 am
KateDogg
Sure, you can interpret the Bible your own way, but (for Christians), there's only one Truth. And man, let it not be only partial.....

Indeed. Point is, though, that not all Christians agree on how to extrapolate that one Truth from the bible. Why do you think we have so many Christian sects, eh? All I'm saying is that I would prefer that people eschew dogmatism for discussion. If you don't agree with someone's interpretation of the bible, feel free to say so; all I ask is that you bear in mind that they have every right to have come to a different conclusion about what the one Truth of the bible is.

And believe me, SaintXenos is right: compared to what this forum was like back in August of 2005, liberal interpretation of the bible is hardly what I'd call a problem.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 12:45 pm
KateDogg
SaintXenos

I see... Thanks for telling me this. ^^ I guess I feel better that there's somebody who understands what I'm talking about.

hey no problem smile  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

rftkfan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:02 pm
I agree there is difference in faith. During memorial day at the motel I had a baptist and luthan pastor staying. They got along great. They both opened the motel party for me.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:09 pm
That's is not the only problem with this forum. There are people who think their version of God's word are better than other peoples versions of Gods word, and yet they are still interpreting Gods words wrongly. There are also people who believe that the way to salvation is to simply believe in God. My advice is lean not on your own understanding.  

Moliverio

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:08 pm
Moliverio
That's is not the only problem with this forum. There are people who think their version of God's word are better than other peoples versions of Gods word, and yet they are still interpreting Gods words wrongly. There are also people who believe that the way to salvation is to simply believe in God. My advice is lean not on your own understanding.

i smell a hint of that pointed towards me wink but that last part....

Quote:
There are also people who believe that the way to salvation is to simply believe in God. My advice is lean not on your own understanding.
SO entirely true biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:06 pm
I agree with KateDogg. We CANNOT interpret God's word as Christians. The Bible was made for a reason! We have to believe and follow all it says.  

Atarashi No Sensei

MimiInWonderland

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 5:03 am
Ja. 3nodding

But there will always be people confused about the word of God and they will corrupt it so it fits their world of thinking. confused

And anyone know bible references of "Tongues?" In this bible verse:

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not love, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

I think people misinterpret this verse...it's not saying you can speak "angel's tongue" or anything, just that it means if they speak as men and with prophecy/angel-like, and they don't have love, they're nothing. :B

Edit: Even in tongues sites, they admit speaking in tongues did not come from Christianity, or God, just "out of the blue." Now, what does image does that stir in your mind? stare  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff