Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:43 pm
What does the Bible say on them?

I'm not quiet sure, the only thing that I know of is "Everything in Moderation"

I'm playing my DS, i think it makes me slightly angry. I definately get tense for sure.

What do you think? any verses?

I may possibly give up video games for good if I am throughly convinced. I don't know though

Starting work soon so I may be able to get away from playing to much, but as of right now I've got nothing to do after 5....  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 7:51 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

ioioouiouiouio

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:11 pm
Video games are fine. It's all up to you and your personal opinions on the type of games you prefer.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 5:01 am
I think if you play vidoe games it will make your eye hand cordnation better and make you a better disciple of God. You will be able to do many things and possibley bring many people to Christ.  

Jenniferlynn

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 2:11 pm
well, it all depends on the game, games themselves are not evil, theres nothing in the bible that says we can't have fun, but if ur playing a game like "The Suffering" then ya, its not right, anything demonic, like rune warrior, and the suffering is bad, so steer away from them, shooters, like i said, if they are demonic, then steer away, but otherwise, i dun see anything wrong with them.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:16 pm
I agree with what you said about "everything in moderation." Make sure that video games aren't taking the place of God on your list of priorities. And try to control how often and how long you play. I have a DS too, and I often have the same problem with Metroid Prime Hunters DS. It is so fun, and I could just play it all day. But I know I shouldn't because that would take time away that I could use to spend time with God. I also can get angry, and have found myself swearing a few times when I lose to a person who I find "cowardly". (Though I realize that he/she wasn't really a coward, and I play the same as him/her, etc.)

Overall, just try to make sure that God is first in your life, and that video games isn't taking time away that you could spend with Him. biggrin  

I_saw_the_Light!

rockmanx

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 10:57 am
BDSaint13

I'm playing my DS, i think it makes me slightly angry. I definately get tense for sure.

I may possibly give up video games for good if I am throughly convinced. I don't know though

Starting work soon so I may be able to get away from playing to much, but as of right now I've got nothing to do after 5....
There is nothing wrong with games unless the games come before our Father. Then you will be guilty of idelotry.

I hate keep going back to this but it explains it the best for thngs that seem evil and if yo take them in.

1 Corinthians 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one.
5. For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,)
6. But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.
7. Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled.
8. But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse.
9. But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.
10. For if any man see thee which hast knowledge sit at meat in the idol's temple, shall not the conscience of him which is weak be emboldened to eat those things which are offered to idols;
11. And through thy knowledge shall the weak brother perish, for whom Christ died?
12. But when ye sin so against the brethren, and wound their weak conscience, ye sin against Christ.
13. Wherefore, if meat make my brother to offend, I will eat no flesh while the world standeth, lest I make my brother to offend.

If you like playing games like Doom where you rund around blasting demon, I have not problem. I see no difference then the WW2 games out there.

As for anger. Anger itself is not a sin, but what you do sometime out of anger can cause you to sin. After all our Father has gotten angry many of times at His children.

Games have proven to help. Policemen and Army troops are using some of the video game style shooters to help in their training. Games imporve the hands and keys working together. Some game work on thinking fast and proble solving. Also some work on reading skills and money manegment.

As long as video games do not come before God or any duties you have to your family, then you realy have nothing to fear.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:07 am
Do you really think that God gives a flying ******** that we're playing video gams? I'd say that he's a bit more pissed that we're bombing everyone. In other words: when God has AIDS, floods, athiests ( heart ), psychopathic murderers, Satan, June 6th, and that priest/choirboy thing around, he probably doesn't care what you're doing in your spare time. stare

Unless it's masterbation - That makes baby Jesus cry. 3nodding  

Marshal Lannes

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 1:22 pm
dude, fer real, watch your mouth, there are kids 8 yrs old on here, watch it. so please watch your mouth, we respect everyone's opinion, but TRYING to start trouble dosen really go well with anyone, since it seems your athiest, i'll pray for you, n hope everyone else does 2. n if your wondering why i'm praying for you, its because i'm christian, i care bout others, n God is telling me i should, so i'm going to obey. I hope your views change along the road.  
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 11:39 pm
BDSaint13

As long as it doesn't turn it idolisation, it's fine. Anger is a normal (pointless but normal) emotion.  

sk8er061191

I_saw_the_Light!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:54 pm
Yuki Pafu
Do you really think that God gives a flying ******** that we're playing video gams? I'd say that he's a bit more pissed that we're bombing everyone. In other words: when God has AIDS, floods, athiests ( heart ), psychopathic murderers, Satan, June 6th, and that priest/choirboy thing around, he probably doesn't care what you're doing in your spare time. stare

All sins are equal in the sight of the Lord. And please, show a little more respect. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:21 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

BDSaint13

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:24 pm
Yuki Pafu

Yeah I stopped taking you seriously pretty quickly here. It takes alot of stupidity to make a joke of your self in one posting.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:26 pm
I_saw_the_Light!
I agree with what you said about "everything in moderation." Make sure that video games aren't taking the place of God on your list of priorities. And try to control how often and how long you play. I have a DS too, and I often have the same problem with Metroid Prime Hunters DS. It is so fun, and I could just play it all day. But I know I shouldn't because that would take time away that I could use to spend time with God. I also can get angry, and have found myself swearing a few times when I lose to a person who I find "cowardly". (Though I realize that he/she wasn't really a coward, and I play the same as him/her, etc.)

Overall, just try to make sure that God is first in your life, and that video games isn't taking time away that you could spend with Him. biggrin

This is exactly what i've come to realize in my life overall. Glad you can sum it up like that.

I basiclaly don't find them horribly wrong, I basically wonder if their is somethign else God wants me to be doing.  

BDSaint13

thrashmetaljunkie

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 10:47 pm
Ask him, take the time, talk to him, hear what it is he wants you to do, u'll kno when you hear it, u'll hear it in your heart, at least i do  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff