Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Is it against the rules of christians to date non beleavers? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can this somewhat explain whats happening,and is it against the rules to date non beleavers even be married to them.
Yes to the first one,no to th second one
19%
 19%  [ 11 ]
no to the first one,but yes to the second one
14%
 14%  [ 8 ]
yes to both
30%
 30%  [ 17 ]
no to both
35%
 35%  [ 20 ]
Total Votes : 56

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 5:27 am
I have this friend,the dude she is dating has to be a complete idoit and some.
On top of that she says she doesnt know if he beleaves in god.
I am say he doesnt because ever since she started dating him her life has been getting worse,Could this be because she is dating a non beleaver or wicca or something????

I have told her its against the rules from what my family has told me that you cant date non beleavers.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:23 pm
It's probably just becaus she's dating an idiot, not because she's dating a non-Christian. ^^;;;

There is a difference.  

Guacamole-kun

rockmanx

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:54 pm
LRD_nick
I am say he doesnt because ever since she started dating him her life has been getting worse,Could this be because she is dating a non beleaver or wicca or something????

I have told her its against the rules from what my family has told me that you cant date non beleavers.
There is no rule to date no believers but their are warnings about the problems of not being together in Christ. Now in the OT there where rules about not to marry some one of certain believes or blood lines.

The problem with being with a non-believer is they can bring a evil spirit around you, even in your house. The person needs to be strong in faith and ground heavy in the word to protect themself.

Now of course this guy could be an idiot.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:43 pm
its not a rule as to weather or not you should date a non christian, but there are specific warnings as to weather or not you should date a non christian. but tell her to consider this: when your hearts involved things get complicated fast. she may have feelings for someone whos not right for her.
God knows that if she falls for someone who doesent share the same convictions as she does, she could fall into all kinds of trouble and temptation- sexually, emotionally, spiritually. and its harder to pull out of a relaionship once you know your hearts involved. would it make sense for God to make an exception to his rules so she could do some evangelistic dating? God doesent need/ want her to break one of his commands so she can lead him to Christ. if Gods going to win this guy over, he'll do it without putting her at risk. The bible even says- do not be yoked with un-belivers. for what does righteousness and wickedness have in common? or what fellowship can light have with darkness? what harmony is there between Christ and belial? what does a believer have in common with a non believer? what agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? for we are the temple of the living God.
2 corinthians 6:14-16

this verse basically is telling us- do not date the non believers, because what does satan and Christ have in common? absolutely nothing.  

The Fatal Pastry

LittlePinky82

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 9:03 am
From what I gather of your post it's more about your opinion of the person being an idiot then them not believing in God. It might not be a problem for the girl and the guy and their relationship. I personally would want to be with someone who does believe like me because of what I want in a relationship with someone. You can have a successful relationship as long as you respect each other and everything. While there are warnings there's no rule in Christianity about not dating a non-believer as someone else pointed out that's more about old Jewish traditions.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 8:24 am
LRD_nick

It is not aganist Christian rules to date non-believers. You can date a person who's not a Christian. It's how you deal with the other person's beliefs and values that tell you if you should be dating that person.  

Cesariana

rockmanx

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 12:52 pm
This is the closes thing I coould find to your problem as of right now.

2 Corinthians 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 12:37 am
There's not really any "rule" against dating non-believers but:
1: Don't date them to change them. (Convert them through a romantic relationship.)
2: Don't let them distract you from God.
That' s the only "rules" I follow in dating non-believers.  

sk8er061191

I_saw_the_Light!

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 8:30 pm
You guys yourselves have brought up this verse: "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?" (2 Corinthians 6:14)

Tell me, how is that not a direct order from the Living Word of God? It does not say "You probably shouldn't be yoked toghether with unbelievers." or "Let me warn you that there might be some bad things that happen when you yoke with unbelievers. But if you want to, go ahead! Enjoy yourselves!" No, it directly says "Do not be yoked together with unbelievers." Period. End of story.

How could you say that this is not a "rule"? Come on people, this is GOD'S WORD! It has AUTHORITY! Please listen to it!

Though I must regret informing you that I am in the current dispostion of having a relationship with a non-believer, and I am currently trying to talk to her about God. If she does not want to listen to me, or starts wanting me to do bad things with her, I will break up with her. God comes first. I wish that I had known that verse and the fact that she wasn't christian before I said yes to going out with her. I'm going through some hard times trying to talk to her about God and all. And she told me that since she's been trying so hard to try and understand what I'm saying, that I should try and understand what she's saying about going out on "the edge" for a while, and doing something "out there" like going to a emo rock concert. Gah! It's hard business. I will tell you that after this relationship is over, I will be sure to only date believers. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 10:07 am
One could say that the scripture is talking about a relation with someone that serves idols or other gods, not some one who surves no god, but that would be a pointless agreement. It would be wise to obey it to cut down on chaos.  

rockmanx

Keiyoushi

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 1:48 pm
When Paul was warning the early Christians of certain practices ... he didn't necessarily outlaw dating and relationships between believers and non-believers. Granted, this has already been said, but just to clarify.

He Did say that a believing husband brings righteousness to an unbelieving wife (but I think this is interpreted to be a Husband who converts to belief after the marriage).

I believe, in truth, that before any logical decision can be made, the definition of Dating must first be established.

Is it merely a form of entertainment? Or is it something more, like the beginnings of Courtship to assess a potential partner in Marriage? When you think about it, those are the basic definitions and purposes of Dating.

And further, if you're worried about your friend, there's nothing you can really do beyond warning her that she may be making a mistake. Granted, you should talk to her and listen to what she has to say, before you automatically pronounce what she is doing as wrong, or anything like that.

I understand that you worry, and that's good, because you're worrying out of love for your friend (supposedly ...) but respect that your friend is free to make her own decisions, be they right or wrong in your eyes or not.  
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 3:40 pm
It's not a rule, persay, but it is something you should look into. Reliegion is something that can littereally tear a family apart.
Anyways, back then if a women believed in christ, there was not real choice that she had if she wanted a man of her faith or not, it was someone elses.  

[GWW Guild Mule]

rockmanx

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 2:29 pm
Here is something intresting.

Genesis 19:37 And the firstborn bare a son, and called his name Moab: the same is the father of the Moabites unto this day.

Deuteronomy 23:3 An Ammonite or Moabite shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord; even to their tenth generation shall they not enter into the congregation of the Lord for ever:

Yet Ruth was a Moabitess and is in the blood line of Jesus.

Ruth 1:4 And they took them wives of the women of Moab; the name of the one was Orpah, and the name of the other Ruth: and they dwelled there about ten years.

Matthew 1:5 And Salmon begat Booz of Rachab; and Booz begat Obed of Ruth; and Obed begat Jesse;

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 6:43 pm
noobie's offering an opinion.

Christians and non-christians dating are eventually going to have problems...

Sex, yes or no?
Drinking yes or no?
Dirty jokes, yes or no?
Smoking, yes or no?
Relient K vs. ICP?
Christian believes God will take care of everything, whereas non-chrsitian has no hopes, thinks Christian is an idiot?
Non-chrsitian has to (or thinks they have to, I should say,) lie to christian to hide sins and past mistakes, so chrsitian will like them?  

zxthefighter

dirtdevilgrunt13

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 5:48 am
He told me to go to hell,and I said you dont even beleave in chrst or the bible and he said But i beleave in a hell.

I yelled Satanist!!
And she heard me say that and she heard what he said she broke up with him in a in-drop.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff