Reply Debate and Discussion
A message for Sinner Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:34 am
Hey I'm sure you get a ton of people saying "You suck" and crap like that, well this isn't one of those posts

In fact I am glad your here, you challenge Christians to reinforce what they believe instead of sitting around assuming that they are doing the right thing. Plus its good to know how to argue.

On that note though

Whats your goal here on the Christian Forum? To convince us there is no God?

Okay thats fine, but why insult us?

What do you feel, do you think that we are fools for following a non existent being? I'm assuming yes. Well thats fine as well.

Do you just sit and laugh and say "Well they are stupid, let me tease them"

Or are you trying to save us from our folly of being in a silly think like God?

I'm sorry if I am insulting you, but if the former statement is your menatilty when you argue then thats just bad way to argue in general. You don't insult the people you are trying to convince are wrong. This isn't the O'Reily factor, this isn't politics, thats a pathetic way to argue.

Instead of insulting you it'd be awesome if you would just reformat the way you argue. You have so many AMAZING things to say that make people think, but to tweak it with insults makes no one listen.

If your goal here is to convince reformat your arguementing. If your goal is to insult, your just a forum troll and nothing better. That may be insulting and potentially contradictory to what I'm saying (Hey awesome your making me think, silly I know but I thank you for that)
but their is etiquette when it comes to good arguing. You aren't following that and making it hard to read your arguments without feeling angst or anger.

I like reading your posts, but no one is convinced when you write them with insulting attitudes.

You'll probably pick this apart, I really hope you do, maybe I'll become a better arguer because of you. But its gonna be harder for me to listen to you if you talk down to me.

And yes, I do suck as spelling, but that doesn't disprove my argument  
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 pm
While I am not Sinner, I do have a debate style close to his, and I feel jusitified in this response.

The technique of baiting the opponents is very useful and not all that childish. Personally, I use it because it seperates those who actually have something to say from those who are just in a debate to disagree with me. When faced with the taunts people who have a solid arguement will respond with facts and proof. People without an arguement, on the other hand, usually resort to flaming me or just have posts for the purpose of insulting me (with the guise of responding to my question). This lets me focus better on who gets my attention first.

Besides, it's just hard not to insult people with flawed beliefs.  

ioioouiouiouio

Sinner

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 11:50 am
I sent a PM, by the way, since I'd say that this isn't exactly a public discussion. So if anything generates here, I'll reply, but for now I'm sticking with PMs.  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:40 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
While I am not Sinner, I do have a debate style close to his, and I feel jusitified in this response.

The technique of baiting the opponents is very useful and not all that childish. Personally, I use it because it seperates those who actually have something to say from those who are just in a debate to disagree with me. When faced with the taunts people who have a solid arguement will respond with facts and proof. People without an arguement, on the other hand, usually resort to flaming me or just have posts for the purpose of insulting me (with the guise of responding to my question). This lets me focus better on who gets my attention first.

Since praised is being dished out, the Cometh fan club just wanted to say,

3nodding
4laugh We LoVE YoU CoMeTH!!! heart
blaugh

Your a tremendous help here as well. You are, to us, an extremely great chiristian, and very knowledgeable to boot. (We were shocked to see that your still in high school.)
None the less, Sinner is also a fine christian as well, since this topic is devoted to him.

GO COMETH!!!!

- the president of the Cometh fan club, Seority

Seority

Sinner

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 4:02 pm
Seority
None the less, Sinner is also a fine christian as well, since this topic is devoted to him.

confused  
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:15 pm
Sinner
I sent a PM, by the way, since I'd say that this isn't exactly a public discussion. So if anything generates here, I'll reply, but for now I'm sticking with PMs.

I got your PM

Gotta say I love your style of outline everything, most forums I go to they just quote it all really, your style is much easier delivery, I totally understand the idea of content, but still it seems you do understand some of the delivery is important since you do set up your arguments well  

BDSaint13

BDSaint13

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:18 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor

The technique of baiting the opponents is very useful and not all that childish. This lets me focus better on who gets my attention first.

I guess it makes sense in a forum setting, especially if you understand the persons style.

But in Real Life debate or Argument, i don't let anyone who raises their voice or screams and yells because it makes me feel like "You idiot believe what I say"

I can't stand that, nor do I feel like I need to put up with it. If its different in a forums setting I guess I'll just get used to the different culture that is here. Culture I can understand, childish behavior out of adults, I don't put up with at all.  
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 4:36 pm
For future reference, this sort of thing would be better handled in PM.  

Tarrou

Seority

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 7:38 pm
Sinner
Seority

confused

whopsy! my bad ^_^"""""" *runs away in fear*

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 9:07 pm
Tangled Up In Blue
For future reference, this sort of thing would be better handled in PM.

Uuuuunderstood.  

BDSaint13

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 6:49 pm
Seority

3nodding
blaugh

Your a tremendous help here as well. You are, to us, an extremely great chiristian, and very knowledgeable to boot. (We were shocked to see that your still in high school.)

GO COMETH!!!!

ooh, nifty. It's nice to see that my presence here has been a blessing to people.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:28 pm
Cometh The Inquisitor
Seority

3nodding
blaugh

GO COMETH!!!!

ooh, nifty. It's nice to see that my presence here has been a blessing to people.

Glad to please you Cometh. *bows*

Seority

collapsiblbunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:08 am
Those who do not follow YOUR religion, are in this guild because it states very clearly that you may join the guild wether or not you believe. It says it's for Christians and all others to read, learn, and teach.
Some times, they join to read. Some times they join to learn. And sometimes during their reading, they stumble across something offending to their beliefs and religion. They often feel they must speak or defend their religion. You expect respect to your religion from others; so do they.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 am
I like Sinner.
It's because of him that I'm not the annoying little nOOb I once was.
Thank goodness for M&R.  

Glorified Soul

Partying Reveler

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:01 am
............................................................................................................................................................................................  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff