*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
Is this wrong? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it wrong for blacks and whites to get married to each other?
No, of course not! God doesn't mind...
96%
 96%  [ 25 ]
God says no...
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 26

~~A Fairy Within~~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:53 pm
Does God frown upon when a white woman and a black man are in love and get married or a black woman and white man?

I don't think its wrong, I think its still love, and man and woman...but, I need help.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 7:03 pm
Ah.. You have much to learn about God, my friend. That's not bad at all. As long as the two are devoted Christians. A Christian should not marry a Satanist, or wiccan, etc. Bad idea. However, the problem arises where society frowns upon it; we are a prejudiced, immature society. So don't be surprised if some people have issues with it. But don't let that bother you. It doesn't matter what people think. What matters is what God thinks. And God wants you to have a wonderful life full of joy, hope, and love!  

yzz_90

~~A Fairy Within~~

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:27 pm
^ thank you sooo much! ^-^  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:29 pm
Orizion
However, the problem arises where society frowns upon it; we are a prejudiced, immature society. So don't be surprised if some people have issues with it.
Hmm, I dunno, I haven't seen any of it. ^^; I don't think there are as many racist people in the world anymore as people might think. XD; I've been in an interracial relationship for over a year, and no one has said a single thing to either of us.
It's pretty hard to keep faith in the human race, but sometimes it redeems itself. (Even though this is something it shouldn't have reason to redeem itself for at all.. <__< )  

Guacamole-kun

yashua_freak

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:40 pm
of course not why would god frown apon something like this.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:06 am
In the 1960's it was viewed as wrong and immoral. As people have married within the same race for thousands of years. (sound familiar)  

Neferet -House of Night-

Neferet -House of Night-

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:09 am
yzz_90
Ah.. You have much to learn about God, my friend. That's not bad at all. As long as the two are devoted Christians. A Christian should not marry a Satanist, or wiccan, etc. Bad idea. However, the problem arises where society frowns upon it; we are a prejudiced, immature society. So don't be surprised if some people have issues with it. But don't let that bother you. It doesn't matter what people think. What matters is what God thinks. And God wants you to have a wonderful life full of joy, hope, and love!
But you can have a happy relationship regardless of religion. In fact the divorce rate is high among Christians marrying Christians ya know.  
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 5:50 pm
According to the Bible, there is only one race; we are all descendants from Adam and Eve, so we're are all of the same race: human. Difference in skin color is no different than hair or eye color. Decades ago, Social Darwinism, and ideas coming out of evolutionary belief, were used to justify racism and say that people of darker skin were an inferior race; but the Bible has always disagreed with this and science has caught up, now also agreeing that there really is no such thing as "race." It's just a difference of skin color, not of race, and of course there is nothing wrong with marrying someone of a different color. =)  

Crimson Raccoon

Zora Dee

Aged Raider

2,950 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue May 12, 2009 2:26 pm
Crimson Raccoon
According to the Bible, there is only one race; we are all descendants from Adam and Eve, so we're are all of the same race: human. Difference in skin color is no different than hair or eye color. Decades ago, Social Darwinism, and ideas coming out of evolutionary belief, were used to justify racism and say that people of darker skin were an inferior race; but the Bible has always disagreed with this and science has caught up, now also agreeing that there really is no such thing as "race." It's just a difference of skin color, not of race, and of course there is nothing wrong with marrying someone of a different color. =)
Absolutely!

I'm glad more people are aware of this. Race is a social concept, not a scientific one. Most of the time people don't realize that what they're really referring to is ethnicity

There's nothing wrong with interracial marriage. Actually, it's probably a good idea to spread the genes, Lol
But typically most people are more attracted to others who look similar to them, that's why so many marry within their own ethnic group.

There's nothing to suggest racism in the Bible. In the OT, God tells the Israelites to be wary about marrying foreigners, but their race wasn't the issue. It was the culture and customs of their neighbors that He was concerned about, because they followed other gods and traditions. Unfortunately, 90% the people didn't listen.

Ruth was a non-Jewish woman, but was accepted among the Israelites because she followed the same God. In both the OT and NT, God makes it perfectly clear that every "foreigner" who acknowledges God is a child of God :]  
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 4:47 am
I think with the race issue is the it's more of a sub-species than ethnicity. You have a main species name like Homo Sapien or Human and have subgroups under it.  

Neferet -House of Night-

OneWithDunamis

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:38 pm
-Saint Rai-
yzz_90
But you can have a happy relationship regardless of religion. In fact the divorce rate is high among Christians marrying Christians ya know.
Separations are also common among a Christian and a non-Christian due to beliefs. And the paths in life are different enough that a Christian and a non-Christian will not be compatible in the long run, unless one of them changes his or her views on the spirituality.  
PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 6:35 am
OneWithDunamis
-Saint Rai-
yzz_90
Separations are also common among a Christian and a non-Christian due to beliefs. And the paths in life are different enough that a Christian and a non-Christian will not be compatible in the long run, unless one of them changes his or her views on the spirituality.
If that were true, my parents would be seperated a long time ago. biggrin  

Neferet -House of Night-

Crimson Raccoon

PostPosted: Fri May 15, 2009 7:32 am
Divorce rate is high for everyone, regardless. It's just because too many people are selfish and don't understand what love is about, whether they go to church or not. People don't have any respect for the vows they make.

The Bible teaches that a Christian shouldn't marry a non-Christian. You can't let your Christian values determine your choices in life if you are constantly needing to compromise them with someone who doesn't believe the same way. And, the most difficult part is with how your children are going to be raised. It's very difficult for a child when the two parents have different beliefs. If you want to raise your children to be Christians, then how can you do that when your spouse won't support you in getting them to go to church? It is a hard situation and the Bible tells you not to get into it. It makes it spiritually difficult for the children.

However, if a married person becomes a Christian, and their spouse doesn't, that doesn't mean they should get divorce. The Bible specifically says that a Christian shouldn't get a divorce just because their spouse isn't also a Christian. Once you're in marriage, you shouldn't try to get out of it without a compelling reason, more compelling I'm sure than the majority of the divorces that happen today.  
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:43 pm
If they are truly in love with each other, why would it be wrong? o,o

No matter the skin color or religion, two people will always stay together if they love each other.  

Eirana Bearheart

Restoring Cleric

8,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Generous 100
  • Restorative Spirit 250

Ricette

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Love is love. Love who you will. The only ones who have problems with interracial marriages are the racists who think that you should stick to your own colour, keep it supposedly "pure" which we know is not how it works. God has no problem with it, even if racists religious righters say he does, they are misinterpreting and twisting the bible, where it says beware marrying foreigners. Like stated before, thats for culture purposes, not race based.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff