Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 8:34 pm
Hey everybody,

If you have half an eyeball and have been around, you'll have noticed I've been gone for a while. I've spent the last 4 years living in the UK (AKA table-top gaming heaven) and just moved back to the U.S. with a few new family additions. No longer having a geographically-linked forum for gaming hijinks, I popped my head back in here to see who was still and around and am pretty pleased to see people are still posting. Great to see familiar faces, even when mines' not been around!

Bottom line is, who's still here, and of those who are, what do you want to see more of? I've branched out SIGNIFICANTLY from 40k in the last few years, and I'm curious to see what games people would like to see more of.

Anyway, thanks for reading, and hope to chat!

Cheers,
-DE  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:10 pm
Howdy howdy howdy, imperious leader!

Unfortunately, I've drifted pretty far out of the hobby by this point. My last few attempts at getting back into the game have been pretty rocky: the only viable group in my area is pretty unpleasant, and it made me pretty unwilling to go back to playing wargames.

So, my interests have drifted farther into the RPG camp, and I haven't had the opportunity to do much outside of Pathfinder and D&D. Additionally, I'm now a published author, so my free time has basically evaporated and I can't dedicate the hours and hours of free time into painting minis like back in college.

Despite having little to post about and little time to do it, I still check in on things here regularly. It's good to see you back, Mr. Dark Elf.  

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:18 pm
Ociluce
Howdy howdy howdy, imperious leader!

Unfortunately, I've drifted pretty far out of the hobby by this point. My last few attempts at getting back into the game have been pretty rocky: the only viable group in my area is pretty unpleasant, and it made me pretty unwilling to go back to playing wargames.

So, my interests have drifted farther into the RPG camp, and I haven't had the opportunity to do much outside of Pathfinder and D&D. Additionally, I'm now a published author, so my free time has basically evaporated and I can't dedicate the hours and hours of free time into painting minis like back in college.

Despite having little to post about and little time to do it, I still check in on things here regularly. It's good to see you back, Mr. Dark Elf.
Heya! That's awesome about being published, I know that's a huge milestone! Anything I could go find in the bookstore?

I can definitely sympathize about not having any time left anymore. I have a big ol' pile of projects stacked up, but no idea when I'll get through many of them at all. Luckily my oldest son is starting to get old enough to paint Sigmar on his own, so maybe I can start pawning projects off on him when he's a little more seasoned!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:27 pm
Hola! I have all the free time in the world, I just wish I didn't.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:07 am
I lurk. Gaia is part of my daily routine. Get the daily swag, vote on the runway, sell on the marketplace, make all the money.

And now you're back, were we too uncool for you or something back then? emo  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:55 am
Hello, checking out the guild roughly once a day, posting here when I find interesting topics and lurking otherwise, especially checking out the Puppets War updates.
I have no special wishes on specific topics or other things at the moment, but as i'm still fond of cross-game and cross-grenre things, well, if peeps have ideas on crossing one game with another, I would clearly be interested, I assume.
cat_3nodding  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

merydell

Eloquent Elocutionist

12,250 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:35 pm
still checking in regularly to see if something is going on.
also found me a group that plays 40k so hopefully playing some kill team tomorrow. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:06 pm
Still alive and kicking, just not as active as I have been in the past. still love the hobby and enjoy a good chat about tactics and games. are there still RP's going on? I remember having some good ones here in the past and its been difficult to find them elsewhere.  

Sven Bergfalk

2,175 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250

helo delta 12

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:50 pm
I am still.. around.. kinda..  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:15 pm
Sean King
Hola! I have all the free time in the world, I just wish I didn't.
Haha, mildly jealous, not going to lie. I just moved and have three kids in the house, so time's at a bit of a premium here. Good to see ya!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:17 pm
Vikki Stardust
I lurk. Gaia is part of my daily routine. Get the daily swag, vote on the runway, sell on the marketplace, make all the money.

And now you're back, were we too uncool for you or something back then? emo
Way too uncool. *hair flip* talk2hand I jest, it's been busy and I got involved with a great gaming club that had an active external forum, so I spent a bit more time actually gaming for once.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:19 pm
Tiina Brown
Hello, checking out the guild roughly once a day, posting here when I find interesting topics and lurking otherwise, especially checking out the Puppets War updates.
I have no special wishes on specific topics or other things at the moment, but as i'm still fond of cross-game and cross-grenre things, well, if peeps have ideas on crossing one game with another, I would clearly be interested, I assume.
cat_3nodding
I've started playing half-a-dozen other game systems in the last few years; are you just talking about crossing the fluff and universes, or actually house-ruling games incorporating parts from other games?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2017 8:22 pm
merydell
still checking in regularly to see if something is going on.
also found me a group that plays 40k so hopefully playing some kill team tomorrow. 3nodding
Finding a good group is the hardest part! I just moved back to the U.S. nera San Diego and I'm still looking for a good gaming group. I was spoiled by my last club, great bunch of folks.

Sven Bergfalk
Still alive and kicking, just not as active as I have been in the past. still love the hobby and enjoy a good chat about tactics and games. are there still RP's going on? I remember having some good ones here in the past and its been difficult to find them elsewhere.

RPs are notoriously hard to keep running around here. You're welcome to try and get one started up, they just have a tendency to die off after about a month. sweatdrop Without someone actively pushing the plot forward, they tend to get stale fast.

Helo Delta 12
I am still.. around.. kinda..

I feel ya! Good to see you around anyway. smile  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:34 am
DarkElf27
Tiina Brown
cat_3nodding
I've started playing half-a-dozen other game systems in the last few years; are you just talking about crossing the fluff and universes, or actually house-ruling games incorporating parts from other games?

Universes and House--ruling both.
Although I often also work on my own rules for both rpgs and boardgames, but I never seem to be able to complete any rulesets on my own, even though they are clear in my head.

My latest attempt at a boaardgame(that has gotten somewhere) is something I've dubbed "Strife Zones: Militia Missions" about a mix of gang and military that deals with threats against society, like mad scientists and their experiments, and cults that summons demon-looking beings and other things.
....In case you wondered.  

Tiina Brown

Friendly Sentai

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:13 pm
( ^.^)7