Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[SRP]Long-Time Gone (Falmari Aqualonde & Laiquendi Avallone) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:05 pm
((This is a private RP by ~Latonia de la Courtel~ between the following ponies and familiars: ))

User Image User Image
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:23 pm
The passage of landscape beneath her hooves and the changing of light were the only indications she had of time and distance passing during the journey. The days had all been moderately tempered and bright, with no cool bite of wind or hint of snow or drowning rain to separate them. Instead they passed in a sea of shades of grey and white and black, the same way every other day she witnessed had. Lai had only ever known shades of shadows, just as her brother had forever known the shadows of dusk and dark.

“And he used to be quite content there… Stars know why he decided to go wandering at a time like this.” She murmured quietly, frowning down at the border between the looming shadow of the woods and the bright slice of afternoon sun that heralded the beginning of the plains. Shifting on her white hooves, the mare flicked her tail and grumbled. “And for so long, too. He used to worry so endlessly, I can’t begin to imagine how he’s managed being so far away, leaving me without a babysitter.”

Shaking her white curls out of her face and steeling herself, the cool-colored mare known as Laiquendi Avallone squinted her strange black and red eyes and stepped reluctantly into the bright afternoon sun. For all that the light was not quite so troublesome to her as it was her brother, the piercing glare of sunlight was still unpleasant to her dark eyes. She preferred the shadowed paths of sun-dappled-forest to the bright open light of the fields… But it was unavoidable, at this point. To seek out where her elder brother had gone, she would have to go forward from this point, and for now the only path lay through sunlight.

‘So then, let us go forward into adventure…’ She thought to herself, folding her wings tighter to her back and pacing forward on quiet hooves. ‘And when we find our dearest brother, make him explain himself and his long absence. I honestly wonder what is so interesting that would keep his attention so soundly, but that is yet another question to ask him, once he is found.’

The bulk of her journey behind her, Laiquendi drew to a halt at a crystal stream and bowed her head to drink deeply from the cool waters. Based on his described plan, she rather imagined she was nearly to her brother, or at least to Falmari’s original destination, but there was little way to tell how far he’d wandered since. At least, unless she started asking questions of the locals. While she wasn’t as bad at meeting strangers as Fal was, it would be interesting to attempt such a thing without her brother’s over-protective hovering.

“Then again, you never know…” She murmured to herself with a thoughtful tilt of her head. “The first time you try to speak to a strange stallion, he might appear out of nowhere just to hover like he always has.”

Wordcount: 499

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:54 pm
‘I would have thought that the sun would be harder to find in the winter… Unfortunately, it seems I would be wrong.’ The lavender coated stallion grumbled as he inched back into the depths of the woods, away from the bright blanket of snow that was so keen to reflect the sun into his light-sensitive eyes. ‘The cool weather I enjoy, but this accursed snow reflecting the sun into my face… That I could do without.’

Thankful for having a friend with keen eyes to face the day on his behalf, Falmari lingered in the shadows of the woods and waited for the sound of approaching hoof-steps. His lady-hawk companion, Amarie, had warned him of the approach of his sister some time earlier. Considering the way Laiquendi chased things she wanted, Falmari expected her to arrive soon. Satisfied that he’d been notified, the she-hawk had taken her last remaining hatchling Iltarusko Ulmo out to hunt and promised to return as quickly as they were able.

The stallion had no doubt that they would return shortly, as Iltarusko was excited to meet Laiquendi after all the stories Falmari had shared of her. If his younger sister hadn’t found a companion bird to be her eyes, Fal rather imagined that Iltarusko would volunteer his own services. The match would be a smart one, and Falmari couldn’t argue that having someone else to watch over his sister would be welcome.

“I can’t believe she decided to make this journey all on her own.” He muttered, frowning and flicking his curling tail. “That’s what I get for asking her to stay behind and behave.”

‘That’s not entirely fair.’ A little voice pointed out as Fal paced a nervous circle. ‘You’ve been gone for nearly a year, it is no wonder she grew too worried to remain behind. If anything, you should be grateful she waited this long, and shame on you for not going back before now to check in with her. Or sending her a message. Something.’

Grumbling as the little voice reminded him far too much of his hawk companion, Falmari shook his head again, some tension relaxing out of his wings. Little voice or not, Amarie acting as his conscience or not, it wasn’t incorrect. He had left his baby sister behind at the start of this journey… And he should be glad that she decided to come after him, rather than to go off on her own adventure. At least here he could keep an eye on her, or four, with Amarie’s help…

“To be over-protective is the right of all older brothers.” He murmured with a faint smile, as it had been one of his favorite comments to make any time Laiquendi complained when he worried over her. “I wonder if she’s forgotten that, in the year I was away? Well, there is plenty of time to remind her, once she gets here…”

Wordcount: 484

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:54 pm
"I'm not even sure how to live around him again. I am sure the moment we're back within reach of each other, he'll turn into the same overprotective know-it-all he's always been... It won't matter if he's been here a moment or a year, he's bound to find threats lurking around every corner and he'll try to stuff me away somewhere 'for my own safety'."

"Talking to yourself again, Princess??" Tindómiel asked in a softly playful tone, alighting on a nearby branch.

Laiquendi gave a soft laugh, drawing to a halt with a gentle chiming of the bells she wore. It was of little to no surprise that the bird had caught up with her, since Tin had been a kind of shadow for half the time she'd been on her own. Apparently there was some strange aura she gave off that compelled those around her to protect or follow her around. Who knew? It would be annoying if it weren't so amusing, and if Tin were not such a good friend.

As it stood, the mare sighed and shook her head, giving a smile of greeting even as she teased the new arrival. "Tindómiel, I confess I am surprised to see you here... And just when I was beginning to think I'd managed to shake you after all."

"Are you now? I wouldn't have guessed it, judging by the look on your face. Nevertheless, I will have to console myself that you thought to leave my company so soon, Lady." The corvid murmured with a c**k of her head and a flash of a ruby-and-shadow eye. "I am to assume -based on your commentary- that you are wondering what matters will be like once you and your brother are reunited."

"Is that such a surprise?" Laiquendi challenged, shifting slightly on her hooves and sending her bells to chiming once more. "After all the stories I have told you of Falmari, it is no wonder that I should consider such things again. His tendency toward protecting me is unlikely to be diminished, in spite of our time spent apart. I am sure he will think of me as young and helpless as always, in spite of my safety speaking to the contrary."

"Do not be so hard on your brother, I am sure he only does what he does out of care for you." The raven counseled in a soft, coaxing tone. "Perhaps a year apart has given him some perspective on the matter? If you have lasted this long without his hovering, you must not be in need of a baby-sitter as he fears."

"He did not willingly leave me unattended." Laiquendi reminded her companion, pacing along again and assuming (rightly) that Tindómiel would follow. "In fact, I am sure there were a number of sitters conscripted into service before he departed. It was only luck that I did not find them all, and those I did find I was able to evade. Fortunately for me, they were infinitely easier to shake than one know-it-all elder brother who is most certain he is right. If they hadn't been, I'd still be back there somewhere, and I am certain we would not have met as we did."

"Yes, I rather imagine if your brother or his friends were around, you would not have found yourself in the predicament you were in when we met." Tindómiel murmured, her tone softly amused. "So your brother left you to the care of other whom you flatly refused to allow to care for you, and you're still well. Does this not serve as evidence you are your own protector now?"

Laiquendi gave the bird a sympathetic look, shaking her head. "Oh sweet Tindómiel, you are clearly and only or eldest child. A brother's brain -particularly the brain of an elder brother- doesn't work like that, I assure you. Whatever fun or mischief Falmari has wrought in my absence, the moment I am in sight he will go back to smothering me with care. But I dare him to try, I am not the naive filly I was before he left... And he'll find it a much harder task than he remembers, I assure you."

Wordcount: 479

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:47 pm
Deciding that he was not at all good at waiting, now that he knew his sister was approaching, Falmari began to wind his way through the shadowed paths of the forest. So long as he kept to where the growth was thicker, his eyes were shielded from much of the sun and snow glare. Deeper into the woods he had the fortune of following a deer trail, and while their lither bodies meant that branches tended to grasp at his curling mane and tail, the path was free of snow and blissfully darkened. So long as he paid attention to where he put his wings, he might even make it through without losing too many feathers.

“Showing up to greet Laiquendi and looking like something of a plucked chicken would not the most desirable first impression, after so long about.” He grumbled as he carefully extricated himself from the clinging reach of vines and brambles alike. “She might start thinking that she needs to look out for me, which would be inaccurate and somewhat unfortunate… Unless it made her more amenable to my hovering, which I rather doubt.”

Something akin to his sister’s laugh floated through his mind, and Falmari hesitated a moment to search his surroundings. No sign of Laiquendi, so it was likely just a fragment of memory… Still, it made him wonder if his sister had changed in their year apart. If she had grown more prone to laughter, or further away from it. And what would she way once he told her that he’d found their mother? That he had an idea on where to find their father? Not confirmed, not a guarantee, but a strong idea. Even if it didn’t work out, he’d definitely found their mother. From Teleri’s stories, they even had a slew of aunts and cousins and who-knew what else waiting in the wings to meet them, if they wanted.

Which Falmari wasn’t sure if he did, having heard his share of stories about the flock… But still, if Lai wanted that for herself, then she had the chance to get it. Had the chance to meet all of these relatives neither of them had dared to dream of… Not when hoping for a mother or father felt like a shot in the dark.

“Or perhaps that should be a shot in the day?” He corrected as he resumed his walk, flicking his tail idly. “Since I certainly cannot stand the light… Though for Lai it hardly matters.”

His baby sister saw the world in shades of gray no matter what the hour was. While he knew only muted colors from his time spent at dusk and dawn, Lai saw the world the same at all hours of the day. Grays and blacks and whites, with no notion of what color was. A trait he now knew she inherited from their mother, though Laiquendi’s color blindness was too a harsher degree than Teleri’s. But he wouldn’t have known that without his journey.

“Where are you, Little Sister? I have so much to tell you.”

Wordcount: 512

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:29 pm
Laiquendi gave a soft sigh, shaking her head at the thought of her brother. On the one hoof, she would be glad to see her brother again. She had missed him, and their family was small and fractured enough that it would be good to find her way under her brother's protective wing again. But if her presence ruined Fal's chance at happiness, because he suddenly focused on hovering over her rather than living his own life, it really wouldn't be worth it.

"Am I doing the right thing, Tin?"

"Who can say what the right thing is, hmm? Besides, that way lies all sorts of turmoil, my dear. I don't think you really want to have that discussion now. You have to at least be a little happy to be reunited with your brother when you actually find him. Having a crisis about doing the right thing is not going to help with that."

"I am quite certain that many, wiser than I, could say which is right or wrong." The twilight-coated mare gave a soft sigh, shaking her head.

"And of course I will be happy to see Fal! But it is not so simple as that. The fact that you would say such a thing.. Well, suffice to say, that was spoken like someone who does not have an overprotective older brother to boss her around." Laiquendi replied with a snort of amusement.

Fluttering to the next convenient branch, Tindómiel clicked her beak in amusement at the mare’s words. “Fair enough, I am indeed the eldest child… And my hatch-mate was a sister, rather than a brother. Our younger siblings do include some boys, but as it stands I have no experience with the ‘elder brother mentality’ that you reference. So then, tell me of Falmari and we shall see if we can come up with a plan to handle him.”

“Handle him?” Laiquendi hummed thoughtfully. “Would that it were so easy to do, Dear Friend. Then again, with your help perhaps we can manage something… If we only have time to plot it before he makes an appearance. Meeting him on equal footing will be a nice change, but he does tend to steamroll when he thinks he knows best.”

“I shouldn’t think that outwitting him would be a problem, then.” Tin shrugged with a sly flash of her eyes. "So then, do you have a plan to handle your brother? I assume you've been thinking of something, during all of your time away from him. You had to know you'd see him sooner or later."

“A pity I do not have a towering, dashing rogue to introduce to him and completely throw him off his usual approach.” Laiquendi murmured, the leaves beneath her white hooves making soft crunching noises as she strode along. “It would be a delightful way to totally disrupt his usual hovering. Granted, he’d be unbearable when he bounced back, but for a moment I think he’d be shocked silent. Possibly polite too, for the duration of the initial conversation. Then he’d pick up the stubborn, big brother routine and try and run him off.”

"No chance you can find one on a short notice, just to ruffle his feathers? The activity might be good for him." The corvid gave her cawing laugh, swooping back to the mare and then forward to perch on a curving branch. "Perhaps I can seek one out for you. How much time do you think we have? Any requests on type? I think one with scars would be immediately more imposing."

She made a thoughtful noise and preened her feathers into order. "Give him a quick bit of backstory and then arrange a meeting? It would be frightfully simple."

“Tin, you’re positively wretched.” Laiquendi laughed again, shaking her head and sending her white curls tumbling about her face. “Don’t go find some scary stallion just to terrorize my brother. That’s not fair for any party involved, though I admit it would be hysterical to see Fal’s face. I wouldn’t find a stranger to play the part, but if I had a close friend who wouldn’t mind playing along, we definitely would be working up some elaborate story.”

She folded her wings closer to her back, flicking her tail. “How about we save that for later, as a last-ditch effort? If Fal is overwhelmingly uncooperative, we’ll have a big-gun to fall back on.”

"Even if you don't want him right away, that just gives me time to find the perfect candidate." Tindómiel swooped to the next branch, fiddling idly with a wildflower found among the greenery. "Do you need me at the meeting? If not, I can start seeking him out now. Give him all the information I can think of..."

"Hold off on it for now, my friend." Lai halted beneath the branch, craning her head up to consider the bird. "But if you don't want to meet Fal, or you have something else to do, then I understand. I can find my way to Fal all on my own."

"I have no feeling either way regarding making your brother's acquaintance." The corvid shrugged. "I am, as always, here only to support you. You are my friend, and it is you whom I wish to help. So then, do you want me to accompany you to meet with your brother? Or would you rather I was elsewhere."

"If it will not annoy you, I am happy to have you along." Laiquendi smiled, extending a wing to offer the crow a place to perch. "Come on, together we can do anything. Even if that thing is facing off with my stubborn brother over what he thinks is right. If I lived this long without him, I should be able to control my own life near him. Right? So meeting him head on is a good enough first step."

Tin swooped down to perch on the offered wing, preening her beak through a nearby white curl. "Come on then, let's go."

Wordcount: 488

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:56 pm
Shifting idly on his hooves and waiting for his sister to appear, Falmari pondered ways to initiate a conversation about their family. He had left in search of them, that was true. Having no more of an idea than a few rumors about trickster spirits and magic stars, he hadn't had much hope either. He certainly hadn't planned to be gone a year and have found out so much.

"And with so much left to learn, too." He reminded himself on a sigh.

If Laiquendi asked questions he could answer a few, but since he himself did not yet know the scope of their family or have a relationship with even half of them, he wasn't sure how to handle the moment they would inevitably reach the end of his confidence. Would Laiquendi want to follow their mother back to her home herd? Would she want to race through the forest until she had chased down the rumor and story that was their father? Would she decide that she was annoyed he'd been gone so long, and just turn her back on all of them?

'Stop worrying about it now, because she'll be able to tell the moment she sees you.' He scolded himself with a snort and a shake of his head. 'And if you don't look happy to see her, you'll hurt your feelings for probably the second time, after leaving alone so long for the first. Don't get ahead of yourself, Falmari. Moment by moment. Greet Laiquend, catch up, then talk of what you have found and where to go from there.'

Everything else would be backwards and awkward and likely to get him into more trouble, or give him more grief. One step at a time, one day at a time, one problem at a time... And the rest would learn to sort itself out, or so Amarie kept telling him. Frequently.

"And of the two of us, she is ever the wiser..." He murmured, glancing upward at the sound of wings. Overhead, two hawk-like shapes were winding their way through the branches and angling toward him. Grinning widely, Falmari gave a half-rear and pawed restlessly at the ground. "You return! I should have known, really. Think or speak of the she-hawk herself! Your tail feathers must have been smoking."

Amarie laughed, perching on a branch and preening a strand of his forelock back into order. "My dear boy, if my tail feathers started smoking every time you thought or spoke of me, I'd never have any feathers at all. While it would be flattering to know precisely how often you are cursing my name, I think I should prefer to keep my feathers and remain ignorant."

"It would be problematic to so disrupt her flight and balance." Iltarusko noted with amusement as he perched at his mother's side. "She is rather fortunate it was merely an exaggeration for dramatic effect, and not a realistic statement."

Fondly eyeing the pair of hawks on their branch, Fal flicked his curling tail and resettled his wings. “I hope you two hunted well and are well fed? With any luck, my darling sister will be here soon and you’ll finally get to meet her.”

"And not a moment too soon, I am sure." Amarie murmured, cocking her head to eye the sky and then her charge. "The Sun sinks rapidly, and soon the dusk light will be much kinder to your eyes. Are you well?"

“A mild headache and nothing more.” Falmari assured her when the she-hawk glanced at him in concern. “Amarie, I promise, I am fine. Fine enough to greet my baby sister, at least. We’ve been apart too long as it is.”

Falmari Wordcount: 469

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:16 pm
Reassured by the presence of Tindómiel on her wing, Laiquendi gave herself a faint shake and then forged on through the brush. She knew that Falmari wasn’t far away now, and whatever else lay in wait… Well… She had Tin, there wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle so long as she had Tin, right?

‘Well, Falmari would certainly help.’ A portion of her pointed out. ‘But hopefully since he’s here, he would be helping anyway. So then, with your brother ahead and your best friend at your side, you’re all set. Whatever the world, or this new land, or fate decides to throw at you; you can handle it. So there is no cause for concern.’

"You're brooding again, and there's no use in denying it." Tindómiel murmured after they passed a few strides in silence. "I think perhaps I scent something like a forest fire on the wind, and then I realize that there is this most unbecoming collection of lines around your eye, and I know that you are brooding."

Laiquendi made a garbled noise of surprised protest, giving her familiar a wide-eyed look that quickly morphed into a glare. “Tin! I was not brooding, I was merely thinking. And I don’t have lines! What a terrible thing to say to someone. I’m just, worried, is all! Just worried and thinking about Fal, and what trouble he’s gotten into while he’s away… And maybe what sort of things he’s found here that has kept him here for a whole year while I was back home. Just… thinking about stuff like that.”

Grumbling and turning her eyes forward again, the mare huffed quietly. “Some best friend you are. ‘You’re brooding, Laiquendi.’, she says. ‘There are ugly lines around your eyes, Laiquendi.’. Awful!”

"Well, you are!" Adopting the mare's parroting tone with a mocking lilt, Tin cocked her head and flashed a bright eye at her companion. "How about 'If you keep making that face it will stick, Laiquendi.' or 'If you make that face and it does become permanent, who will fall in love with you then?' my nestmates used to say such things all the time."

Drawing to a dead halt and gaping at her companion in aghast silence for a moment, Laiquendi boggled at the crow for another moment, and then gave up the whole thing. She dissolved into laughter, shaking her head and sending her curls tumbling around her face. “Oh, oh Tin… Thank you for being here. What would I do without you, I wonder?”

"Have a face that sticks like that, I'll wager." Tin replied dryly, preening one of her feathers back into place as the mare resumed their journey.

“Indeed.” Lai replied with a smile. “’Your face will stick like that’, indeed. Falmari is going to adore you, I am quite certain of it. Of course, he probably would rather that my face stuck like that, so he wouldn’t have to worry about stallions coming to steal me away. I could frighten them off with my visage.”

"Perhaps I shall tell him it is a goal of mine, and he will like me even better?"

“Oh, let me have some chance of fun.” Laiquendi countered softly. “I was so enjoying the idea of finding the largest, most intimidating stallion I could to pretend to be madly in love with me. Or maybe I should say I am enamored of a Skinwalker, and that I am embarking on a quest to find an Angeni to charm him so that we can be together always? That is certain to get his attention.”

"I thought you said his mane and tail were white... So where would the sport be in lightening them in shock?" Tin teased gently. "Unless you already did, as a foal, and you just never wanted to admit it to me."

"I assure you, I did nothing of the kind." Lai countered. "I was a model sibling. But he's always taken the protection bit too far... And I think it's time he realized I've had enough of it."

"Giving him a heart attack is not the best way to do it, dearling. Now, shape up; that's him ahead, is it not?"

Unclear where the sudden rush of tears came from, Laiquendi froze, one forefoot suspended in the air. “Fal?”

Laiquendi Wordcount:486

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:38 pm
Shifting primly on her tree branch, Amarie cocked her head and eyed her charge. “Well, that may be so. But, I will remind you, this was your choice. Your path to walk, your decision to roam. I remind you of this only because I am quite sure that the first thing you will want to do is berate your sister for doing exactly what you yourself did.”

“Amarie-” Falmari gave a loud exhale and squinted up at the she-hawk. “The validity of your statement notwithstanding, I am her big brother. It is my job to take her to task when she does something foolish. This, leaving a perfectly safe herd filled with those whom I asked to protect her, this certainly qualifies as foolish.”

“I, personally, would advise against it.” Iltarusko murmured in his silken tone, copying his mother’s restless shift and mantling his wings. “After all, you did it first. One could argue that your sister is well within her rights, as an adult who is concerned about a disappearing relative, to go in search for that relative. The fact that said relative is a stubborn older brother does not diminish the validity of her choice. You chose to leave her behind and to explore, she chose to follow you.”

“That's not fair. She didn’t need to follow me, I’ve been fine! I’m stronger and older and it was my job to find our family. She should have stayed there until I went back to get her, where I knew it was safe.” Fal argued, frowning up at the hawks. “What if I didn't have anything to say? What if I didn't have news, and she risked life and limb just to hear that I failed? Or worse, what if something happened to her, along the way? What would I do then?"

"All due respect, my wayward charge," Amarie began with a soft, firm tone. "That isn't your choice to make. It is her choice to make, her limbs to risk. You chose to travel here, and you chose to leave your sister behind. Guarded, which is all well and good, but still they were your choices. No one is begrudging you making them, at least neither of us. But you did make choices for another, and she may very well hold it against you."

"The point we are attempting to convey," Iltarusko added. "Is that Laiquendi too had choices. She chose to listen to you, at least temporarily. She had faith in you, and she waited. But she also chose to follow you, to see where her brother had disappeared to for a year. You cannot begrudge her that choice."

"Risking life and limb to chase after me? No true notion of where I had gone, what had become of me?" Falmari snorted, disapproving. "Of course I can, I'm her brother and it's my job." Why are you two ganging up on me, anyway?”

The hawks were saved from a response at the sudden crack-rustle of branches, and suddenly the stallion was gazing across the meadow at his baby sister. “Lai?”

Falmari Wordcount: 220  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:06 pm
It appeared that, as ever, Tindómiel was right once again. Standing beneath the thick canopy of branches across the glade, the familiar painted pattern of her older brother gleamed. Colorblind though she was, Laiquendi nevertheless recognized every sweep of his markings, even if she didn’t know precisely what the grey and darker-grey patterns resolved themselves to when one could view color. They were consistent, familiar and unmistakable, regardless.

Partially obscured by an ancient oak, Falmari Aqualonde stood in the shadow of several of the giant, twisted trees. One third of a spirited discussion, the stallion glared up at two hawks sharing a perch as he waited for the hateful sun to sink far enough beyond the horizon that it no longer troubled him. The pair that were his companions seemed to have his temper well in talon, appearing largely unruffled and even amused as they taunted or talked circles around the great stallion.

Seeing the familiar, annoyed expression on his face, Laiquendi couldn’t help but smile. Truth be told, she longed to laugh at his expense, but wasn’t quite ready to break the stalemate he seemed to have entered with the darker-plumed bird. That was definitely her brother, definitely Fal. ‘Some things just don’t ever change… Not really. But oh, aren’t I glad that’s true? Beyond words and counting.’

Hardly noticing when the weight of her familiar left her wing, Laiquendi remained frozen in mid-stride for several fluttering heartbeats, gazing across the glade. She could feel her tears escaping and racing down her cheeks and muzzle, but couldn’t quite bring herself to bow her head and rub them away. The sound of her brother’s voice shook her free, and before she realized it she was hurtling across the glade toward him.

The dainty mare slid to a halt once she was under the cover of the trees, stopping so sharply her hindquarters were practically tucked beneath her. Her hooves had cut deep grooves into the earth and grass, but she paid it little mind. Instead she thrust her head beneath her brother’s chin, hiding her face in the white curls that frothed over his neck like seafoam. She was quite sure Fal knew she was crying but that didn’t mean he needed to see her do so.

“Hello big brother…” She sniffled into the warm satin curl of his neck. “You may not have noticed, but you were gone an awfully long time… And foolish as it may be, I missed you terribly. Since my wishing you home didn’t seem to work as promptly as I was hoping, here I am. I would like to remind you –before you start to scold me- that I gave you a year in your search. And truly, if I wanted to, I would be well within my rights to take you to pieces for that. But mostly, I’m just so happy to see you again I don’t even think I mind.”

Wordcount: 488  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 8:14 pm
It was easy enough to let go of an argument he was already losing, and seemed doomed to lose, when a convenient excuse raised its head. Granted, the convenient excuse was a reunion with his baby sister, who could have a temper to rival his own if she put her mind to it on any given day. Still, even when the length of time passed and the fact that he was upset she had taken such risks to find him, Falmari couldn’t find it in his hard to be angry. Couldn’t even feign annoyance, truth be told, because he was just so accursed-glad to see her that the idea sailed right out of his head.

Backing up a stride or two when she hurtled toward him, Falmari otherwise stood his ground as Lai came skidding to a halt just under his chin. He laughed as he saw how she flared her wings to slow her momentum, reminded of how he’d taught her the trick as a foal. Even still, it wasn’t quite enough and she was very nearly sitting under his chin when she finally halted. But perhaps that was her goal anyway, seeing as she hid her face immediately in the curve of his neck and muttered her words to the curls of his mane.

Humor was a much better choice than anger, so he laughed at her words and did his best to curl around her and express his fondness for her, and his joy at her arrival. “Hello to you, Little Sister, oh wandering waif of the wilds. I cannot even begin to say how glad I am to see you, whole and well and here, considering how long it has been since our last conversation. I would like to remind you that, as long as it has been, that even though the journey is perilous I cannot even begin to be mad at you, now that you are here. I am just grateful that the journey went well for you, and yes, that you are here now.”

Fondly nosing her one last time, he huffed and nudged her gently before stepping back. “Enough of that, let me look at you, Little Sister. It has been far too long. I hope you have been well? And was that a companion I saw, taking wing just moments before you threw yourself across here to make a spectacle?”

Wordcount: 399  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 1:54 pm
“I missed you, you know. And I was worried sick, you jerk. So you better not ever do that again. But stars above, Falmari, it is good to see you again.” Laiquendi leaned into the comforting warmth of her brother’s neck, spinning her hunches so that her shoulder pressed to his chest and she could practically fold herself under his chin. He was larger than she, though they had both grown in their time apart. She no longer disappeared under the fall of his mane, but she was willing to bet she could still fit under his wings.

“You know, when you said you were going to find our family I have a distinct impression that you would be returning. I am very cross with you that that was not the case, I shall have you know. You were gone a long time, Fal… Longer than you had any right to be, leaving me with a flock of babysitters and no further news. You’re lucky you had all the time you did, and that I had such patience. If you had decided to be cross with me, it wouldn’t go well for you.”

She backed out of his embrace, giving him a sulky look with a flare of her wings and a flattening of her ears. “I dare you to scold me for hunting you down after you were missing for a whole year. A whole year, Falmari! What was I to do? Sit at home and continue to wonder where my big brother had gone off to? Lost? Eaten by a Skinwalker? Fell down a ravine and broke a leg and couldn’t move? I was worried you had died or been, been kidnapped by amazons or something! For all I knew, you were being held hostage by a band of females taken with your dark eyes and strapping figure, and I’d never see you again.”

Wordcount: 316  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:30 pm
Taking a moment to curl closer to his little sister, Falmari rested his chin against her shoulders and sighed before rubbing his cheek against her folded wings. She at least seemed in good health, coat shining and feathers preened, her dark eyes glossy and snapping with temper. ‘Even if you took a foolish risk and now you’re mad at me, and I’m a little annoyed with you too… It is good to see you Little Sister.’

Falmari laughed as his little sister began to scold him, uncurling himself from around her as she backed away to complain right into his face rather than his shoulder. There was little point in attempting to remain stoic, so he grinned at her and let her vent. “I certainly planned on returning, Laiquendi… Surely you must know that? The trip just, took a little longer than I was expecting?”

He paused, giving her a hopeful smile, though the innocent look wavered and died as he laughed again. He was helpless to stop it, hearing her rant about the possible horrors that could have befallen him. He couldn’t help but tilt his head, considering the options as if they were particularly valid suggestions.

“Certainly not lost, and evidently not eaten by a Skinwalker, Kalona, or whatever coyotes you decided to feed me to when your mind decided I was lying in a ravine with a broken leg. Sadly for me, my life is not nearly so exciting as you seem to have written in your imagination. I regret that there were no amazons, kidnapping or otherwise. I have certainly not been held hostage by any such bands, and no one has seen fit to compliment my eyes or figure. I confess, you make me out to be far more popular than I am… I am somewhat disappointed in my own self, as I have not lived up to what this imaginative Falmari has been through. I hope the warrior ladies who took me hostage were at least pleasing to behold?”

He shifted on his hooves, shouldering her playfully. “Do my ego some good, won’t you, Little Sister? Say that the warrior ladies you were sacrificing me to were lovely.”

Wordcount: 364  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:51 pm
Speechless with fury, Laiquendi gaped up at her brother before spinning and shooting a half-serious kick at him. She snapped a wing out as well, thwapping at his nose idly as she glared. At least that hit could be sure to land, even if the hoof strike didn’t. “This isn’t funny, Fal! You were gone, did you honestly expect me to wait forever? Because I have news for you, there is one of us that is the patient one. And it isn’t me, it never has been.”

She snapped her teeth at him just to be sure he was aware of her disapproval. “In my imaginings I am adding a dozen spikes to the floor of the ravine… And, and… rabid badgers! Take that, you jerk.”

She snorted, jostling him in annoyance. “Vicious evil warrior ladies that wanted to eat you for supper. Spikes all over their faces and pits of fire for eyes and fangs that dripped venom. Enjoy your suffering.”

Wordcount:162  

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:57 pm
Falmari could see the kick coming and easily drifted on his hooves go avoid contact, though the wing strike to his nose surprised him. He rather imagined that had been Lai’s intention, to distract him with a showy incoming strike so the lighter one would actually land. Still, it was a suitable chastisement, and she seemed amused even as she threw harsh words at him.

“Spikes and rabid badgers, hmm?” Falmari couldn’t help but laugh. “Is that what I get for leaving you behind for a year? Or because of the babysitters I assigned you? Or both? Probably not both, that would be letting me off way too easy.”

“You torture your imaginary brother with such venomous plots, Little Sister.” He muttered, stepping over to her and throwing his wings over her back. “If I didn’t know you loved me so, it would now most certainly be in question. You’re breaking my heart, you know.”

Wordcount: 155  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces