Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[prp] Behind fortress walls (Foundry and Fool's Gold)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:44 pm
Foundry was a cautious sort, which was probably a good trait for someone who's purpose was to create armor. While he was very fearful, more often than not it was for the safety of others rather than his own. The pudgy stallion could withstand burns and cuts, accidentally hitting his hoof was a hammer rather than his intended target, and just about anything else metal smithing could throw at him if it meant he could protect others from having to suffer. The pastel stallion was too empathetic for his own good. Seeing someone else hurt often brought him to tears, even if the other phony was only suffering from something minor. Unfortunately, his solution to all this was to cover every phony he knew in bubble wrap and armor to try and protect them, even if they didn't want or need it.

Today the chubby stallion was working away in his shop, his wares displayed in the front, while his machining equipment was in the back with a furnace. Glittering pieces hung from the walls, each with their own intricate design. Delicately laid out swirls or detailed depictions of trees covering every inch of metal. When things were slow he'd hop in the back to solder wire details onto shields or etch designs into helmets. Business was slow and struggling, the stallion only getting an occasional customer who was more interested in using a piece for part of a costume than for actual protection.

purplerosesbeauty
Sorry it took so long for me to get this set up! My work schedule got all messed up because one of my coworkers went on vacation. @_@ Let me know if you need me to change anything!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:14 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Fool's Gold hated to leave his house, or his work, for anything. Going outside was such a chore, but he needed to get groceries eventually. Though some days starving seemed better than going outside, he thought grimly. He was a fragile-bodied stallion, better suited to his dark basements where he did his accountant work. Numbers and money made sense, and didn't stare at him when he walked shakily down the street, looking at his glassy eyes and sparkly, stringy mane, or seem shocked by his very unfortunate name.

He paused by the window of a shop suddenly. Armor was on display in front, and inside he could see the vague outline of a stallion working inside. Had that been there before, and he'd just never noticed? "Interesting," he murmured. Wouldn't it be nice to wear real armor to protect himself instead of relying on weak words? He opened the door, figuring the groceries could wait while he perused. Even inside a foreign store, he already felt comforted by the walls surrounding him. He really hated going outdoors.

However, it wasn't a particularly busy boutique, and after an awkwardly long pause by the doorway, he realized the phony working inside would surely want to greet him, and he awkwardly nodded his way. "Um. Hello," he said, walking toward one of the glittering pieces on the wall. That was rather pretty, wasn't it?

cursedandwandering
Ah, no worries! I was pretty busy too. And sorry if this is a bit awkward, I'm still not super used to Mr. Gold's muse aha. Hopefully this is good for you! * u*

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:13 pm
purplerosesbeauty
It's fine. Thank you. <3

Someone was here! Foundry sprung up from his work, scrambling as fast as his short legs would manage over towards his potential customer. Eyes wide and hopeful he stared at the delicate looking stallion who'd wandered into his shop. For a moment the pegasus could only stare in shock and admiration at the hair that was like liquid gold before he came back to his senses.

"H-hello. Are you looking to be outfit with armor?" The armorer nervously fiddled with his hair in an attempt to look more professional. "You know, it's very important to have the proper safety gear for all the things life can throw at you." Flicks his gaze over the stallion, assessing him. "I think your legs in particular could probably use a set of greaves to protect them. You wouldn't have to worry about scrapes from tripping, stumbling, or falling..." He trails off, mumbling to himself something about a gold inlay to match the mane.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 am
Fool's Gold lowered his head, feeling the burning stare. Of course, he thought, he would stare, they all stare, but he swallowed and tried to focus on the work in front of him to no avail. He glanced at the stallion as he approached. The shop owner was somewhat short, but much bigger and bulkier than he had expected, and he braced himself for some scathing comment. When the armorer spoke, however, it seemed almost... nervous? That was unexpected.

He hadn't been seriously thinking about buying anything when he walked in, but he found himself calculating his money. With the budgeting he'd been doing, and the latest big job, he would have more than enough to get something small. "Ah..." he shifted his legs, wondering briefly if he said that to all his customers or just ones as frail as him. "My legs, right... a-actually... that might be... nice," he finished lamely. It felt like admitting he was the sort of phony who worried about tripping and stumbling.

"So, you make all sorts of armor, uh," he paused, losing the train of thought of his question. Was it proper to ask for the name of someone who worked at a store like this? His own business had his name printed neatly at his desk. No one had to ask. Or they just didn't use names, which worked for him well enough. Armor making seemed a bit... intimate compared to grocery shopping though. "Um. Can I ask... for your name... i-it seems strange to do business when I don't know it..."

cursedandwandering
P:

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:06 pm
purplerosesbeauty

Oh! Foundry blinked in surprise as the stallion expressed that he might actually be interested in more than just looking around. Perking up, the pegasus fluttered his way over towards where his potential customer stood. "Sorry, I'm Foundry," he murmured, extending his hoof.

"Was there something in particular you were looking for? I can guarantee my armor will keep you safe from many physical dangers. You'll no longer have to worry about concussions, scrapes, or stabbings. Although i wouldn't advise swimming or running into any fires."

The blue pegasus peeked shyly towards the other stallion. "Stylistically I think i can make you something if you'd like... Something custom to go with your b-beautiful hair. You know, lots of gold accents, something that emphasizes your mane." Foundry chewed his lip, "you must get told that whenever you go shopping though."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:30 am
Fool's Gold took the offered hoof and gave it a firm shake, back in his comfort zone. He knew business dealings. "I'm... well, you can call me Mr. Gold, if you like. Or just Gold, if we're being informal." He hated his name. It was embarrassing and made him seem stupid. A fool. "It's good to meet you, Foundry."

He listened to Foundry go on about the protective qualities of his armor. Was that really a worry phonies had? Being stabbed? He couldn't say he'd never worried about potential muggings or what have you, but it seemed almost excessive. "You mentioned greaves before... I was... a little interested in that," he said cautiously. He didn't know much about armor, but that was leg covers, right? He rubbed his back legs together. "J-just something small for now..." For now? He bit his lip. Maybe he was imagining a full suit at some point, but the costs.

Wait. What did he say? Beautiful? He sputtered a bit, hoping his face didn't look anywhere near as flushed as he felt suddenly. "A-ah n-no... ah... actually... no one says that," he turned away, wishing he could hide now. His mane was strange, straggly and thin looking. The sparkling might have been pretty on someone else, but all it did for him was shine a beacon for others to stare at. "Th...Thank you though," he amended. "Do you... really think you could make something like that? That it would... look good on me?"

cursedandwandering
ahh sorry this took so long! finals and the holidays and all aha. im rly enjoying this tho >:3

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 pm
purplerosesbeauty
<3 No problem. I'm a slow RPer as well, so it's not a big deal. XD Gold is so cute!

Foundry flushed, nervously fiddling around with a the nearest piece of armor hanging on the wall. "It's nice to meet you too," he mumbled, willing himself not to say something embarrassing again. He already had a hard time getting people to come in here and here he was practically scaring this stallion away. What an idiot. He couldn't go around just telling random customers they had beautiful hair. The other stallion was probably creeped out!

"Greaves?" He perked up. "Those are certainly a great choice for your first piece of armor. You'll no longer have to worry about taking an arrow to the knee or a kick to the shin!" The pegasus smiled nervously, flitting back and forth behind the counter to pull out various sets. Carefully, he laid out a set with enamel flowers, another with a gilded diamond pattern in silver, and lastly a one with a jewel inlay in shape of wolf's head. "This is just what i have available at the moment, but I would gladly make you a custom set."

"I'm sorry, that- that was too forward of me. I really do think I could make you something really spectacular to go with your striking appearance though." He raised his hooves to cover his red cheeks, looking away.

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games