Going Nuts!
A Personality Contest

Open: Now
Closes: Wed, Nov 9th - 8pm PST

The Parents:

User Image x User Image
Paired with:
User ImageUser Image

Curiosity and Blythe have both been with the mini herd for years. Curiosity was the first familiar in the group and has been with the herd since its founding.
Curiosity and Blythe have been friends for years, and can often be found scouting in the treetops or scampering through the underbrush.
Both females are outgoing and fearful of very little; they've both been known to use their teeth and claws when the need arises.
Curiosity has a chaotic side and if she wants to do something, she will do it whether you like it or not.
Blythe is a bit more willing to listen to others, but also more willing to show her dislike / disapproval.

Fitz Baby:
User Image
Going to be paired with:
User Image

Kinda weird I'm taking the one that is the odd one out (not the predominant color of the parents)....but it just matches Oxlin soooo well.
She would definitely love having a cute companion and since Curiosity is paired with her grandpa it makes sense. <3
(If confused by generations, Loathe was a mockbaby, hence why Oxlin is Gen2, not Gen 5)
I don't have a name / personality figured out quite yet for zee baby :3

Babies up for grabs:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I don't RP, and I know many people don't have time to either so this is a strict personality contest. Everyone's allowed to enter as this is a personal contest, not shop run.
You can enter once for each baby, but each time you enter you have to post a new form. You don't need to write me a novel / paragraph, a few sentences will do :3
These babies will not be staying with the herd (though they are welcome to visit, and since the herd is nomadic, the chances of them crossing paths may be quite good), so I'd like to see what you have in mind for them.

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Which baby?:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Personality Blurb:[/b]
[b]Soq to be paired with:[/b]
[b]Plots?:[/b]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:48 pm
Username: AstoriaFallen
Which baby?: This cutie
Name: Rubus Idaeus (means Raspberry)
Personality Blurb: Rubus is going to be the voice of reason to any and all he comes across. Especially Sylvanna. While she may attempt to try to eat him on occasions that doesn't deter him from doing what he can to get her to see the inner light! He's going to have a bit of a knight complex in which he thinks it's his given duty to "save" everyone from themselves or others if need be. I don't think he quite grasps the fact that he's a squirrel and the size of a Soquili's hoof and not this large gallant steed. I'm sure he'll wise up one day.
Soq to be paired with: Sylvanna
Plots?: I would love to plot things out! But he will likely be involved in plots with my lurvely soq there.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Crew

Winter Wolf

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:05 pm
Username: Cheyriddle4
Which baby?: This one
Name: Huckle - short for Huckleberry
Personality Blurb: Huckle will be very helpful and filled with small and interesting facts. A lover of simple jokes and optimistic personality. He likes to help raise little ones and certainly is amused when Lisa Marie adopts fully grown soquili even though she herself is a mini.
Soq to be paired with: Lisa Marie
Plots?: I don't mind plotting things out. I figure Huckle will travel with Lisa Marie places.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:33 pm
Username: xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Which baby?: this one
Name: Dragon Fruit
Personality Blurb: Fruity is a funny cheerful kind of guy. Although he would love to find a soquili to bond with, he would like to find someone who can live up to his humor.
Soq to be paired with: ---
Plots?: I'm down for plots!(:

---

Name: Match
Personality Blurb: Match is a jumpy one. She loves to climb and socialize. Just be careful though, because she loves shiny things!

---

Name: Masked
Personality Blurb: Masked is a hidden, shadowy type of guy. It's hard to open up to him, and even worse for him to speak to you

---

Name: Apricot
Personality Blurb: Apricot is just a digger! She needs to be around dirt, using burrows as a source of privacy.

xKOVAKtheWOLFx
Crew

Trash

Sabin Duvert

Winter Trash

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:44 pm
Username: Sabin Duvert
Which baby?: This baby
Name: Moxie
(couldn't resist an adjective name like Curiosity, with a nod to Naimh's temper :3 ))

Personality Blurb:
Moxie is an overconfident, accident-prone, endeavoring squirrel who often gets in over her head. She vastly overestimates her own capabilities - is quick to shoot off her mouth to predators and full sized soquili who don't give her the time of day. Maybe because of her ego, and maybe she's just unlucky, but often gets in situations over her head, and seems to be more than a little accident-prone. She will refuse to admit that a jump is beyond her capabilities, and will go for it, not seeming to learn from her falls and mistakes.
Soq to be paired with: Serendipity
Plots?:
Serendipity is a very lucky Usdia who is used to things going well for her. when this squirrel literally falls onto her with a stash of nuts in the middle of winter, they become fast friends.
- Serendipity's fortune compliments Moxie's over-enthusiasm. Even if she tends to wind up in trouble, Serendipity at least tends to be in the right place at the right time to pull her out of trouble, or things at least tend to work otu so that Moxie doesn't get herself hurt.
- Likewise, Serendipity has found her hooves more full than normal with this spirited little squirrel that took a shine to her.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:05 pm
Username: Kyrieko
Which baby?: This one!
Name: Thistleberry Puff
Personality Blurb: A jovial spirit that loves everyone just as much as he loves attention. He'll be that little ball of fluff you just want to hug when you're having a bad day. Or the silly critter making you laugh. He greatly enjoys entertaining others.
Soq to be paired with: Peach Berry Puff
Plots?:
- The Best Duet: A grand storyteller meets his partner in crime! Peaches learns that Thistle loves entertaining as much as he does and the pair work together to put on the best shows possible. Peaches telling the story, Thistle doing the sound effects!

-------

Username:
Which baby?: This one!
Name: Sugarberry Puff
Personality Blurb: A little lady full of love, Sugar will play matchmaker and attempt to find everyone their true love, just like the beautiful romantic stories she's heard.
Soq to be paired with: Peach Berry Puff
Plots?:
- Match Making: Taking advantage of Peaches ability to tell dramatic stories - and loving the romantics herself - Sugar will work the crowd and try to pair up those that SHE thinks are in love.
- Match Maker Fail: Sugar will be very disheartened to learn not everyone appreciates her match making and even more broken when it doesn't work.  

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:25 am
Just a couple of notes:
- I would love to work with you on back-story. I would like it if they could be raised or in contact with their parents before venturing into the world.

- I have a soquili in mind for at least one or two of these guys, but put "None yet," because the pony is still being quested for. Until they are united, this familiar would probably travel with one of my other wandering soquili.

Username: Melomar
Which baby?:User Image
Name: Freckles
Personality Blurb:
- Tactical, contemplative, quick planner
- Likes working with (small) tools, has nimble fingers
- A busybody/worrier, partly for understanding a friend and partly for the informative data
- Likes interacting with others, just not great at it.
Soq to be paired with: None yet
Plots?:
- This one is going to upset someone with their almost callous way of handling a situation requiring empathy
- A situation involving her plan that saves the day, or becomes an important part of the result
- Situation involving her plan that falls flat (and injures her ego, and image of self worth)
- Everyone loves or hates the know-it-all in stories or real life. I want this one to be the star of the story for a change, and really suffer, learn, and grow as a perso-- er, squirrel.

- - -

Name: Snowplum
Personality Blurb:
- Easily enamored, likes pretty things,
- Acts first ask questions later, and as such gets into trouble easily
- Generous, shares food when available; but when it comes to her hoard, is learning for better or worse to be cautious/miserly with it
Plots?:
- A plot exploring her growing hoard of baubles
- Her hoard is stolen and her reaction: too distraught, or vengeful? Seeks help to find the culprit and thus her pretties
- Something she loves is distroyed. Carelessly, as if a child destroyed it? Will she learn patience and forgiveness?
- She seems really shallow but I hope to show a progression of understanding (such as motives) and personal growth (learning to let go, and when to be cautious)
- Wants babies of her own

- - -

Name: Firelight
Personality Blurb:
- A deep thinker but outwardly slow, has a surprising high grasp of communication and vocabulary
- A bit of a philosophizer
- Analyzes a situation based on observation (a more generalized approach than Freckles)
Plots?:
- Perhaps parents thought there was something wrong with this one but surprised everyone by performing or creating something complicated and beautiful
- This personality type is possibly over-used but so often shy/quiet types can reveal a strong, thoughtful character)
- Would like to raise a family jointly with the other parent, where both parents are close/friendly and work by example

- - -

Name: Chitty
Personality Blurb:
- High strung, extremely agile and quick
- Tends to forget conversative tools when upset/anxious/excited: the name Chitty comes from the sounds made when unable to speak
- Able to squeeze into small places (like burrows), double-jointed?
- Understanding of personal space or proper decorum is virtually zero
Plots?:
- No ideas yet, but I love characters like this. But I've never tried to play one that grows. Hoping to do so with this one.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 4:15 pm
Username: Nyx Queen of Darkness
Name: Brynhildr
Personality Blurb:
Soq to be paired with: Fafnir
User Image
Plots?: Fafnir's family has a interesting and complicated history, to make a long story short. Fafnir is his brother Vana's champion, whom most deem fragile or frail for the things he's endured. But to Fafnir, his brother is a source of inspiration. He becomes his brother's biggest defender, but who is left to defend him?

That's where Brynhildr comes in. She's spunky, she's loud, and she's protective. She is what helps boost Fafnir's confidence, who believes in him above all things. I chose the name because she is his shieldmaiden.

Ultimately I'd to come up with plots where it's her and him seemingly against the world, and ready to overcome anything the world throws at them.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:05 pm
Closed, thanks everyone who entered!
I'll post results tomorrow :3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:09 pm
Thanks everyone for entering it was very fun reading your entries, plots and personalities! You made this super difficult, and for those of you who didn't get a baby this time, I've noted down your usernames and when there is another breeding (cause I love these guys too much and am now thinking "squirrel army, hell yeah!") you'll be the first ones I contact. <3

Cheyriddle4
User Image
Name: Huckleberry (Huckle)

Melomar

User Image
Name: Snowplum

Nyx Queen of Darkness

User Image
Name: Brynhildr

Kyrieko

User Image
Name: Thistleberry Puff

FitzRoyal

User Image
Name: Baneberry (Bane)

Grats guys! Let me know if you want to put temper on the certs (and if so, what?) and I will post this weekend for certing.
Thanks again everyone who entered!

FitzRoyal

Distinct Regular

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:04 pm
Thank you, Fitz! Snowplum is going to be lots of fun. I would like her to have the temper: Enamored

Congrats everyone! heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:09 am
Thank you so much Fitz! For Huckle I think helpful would be his temper.  

Cheyriddle4

Shameless Kitten

Kyrieko

Hilarious Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:13 pm
Thank you so much, Fitzy! And congrats to other winners! I would love to have Thistle's temper be "Energetic" :3  
Archived

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games