[Honesty] How did you even.... [Kiwi Kiss x Lavender Lemon]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:03 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Kiwi Kiss fluttered down the street, a wide smile on her face as she carried her cake carefully within a bag securely held by her mouth. Today was a good day. She had not only finally managed to bake a cake (baking was NOT her forte), but also implement many kiwi's within it.

Many.

The cake was green, decorated in green icing (that was haphazardly put on) with slices of kiwi adorning the edge. Inside, the cake was white and green, perfectly cooked despite the fact this was Kiwi's first successful time. However, one thing was amiss. No, it wasn't the bumpy frosting. Oh no, it was much, much worse.

She had used salt instead of sugar. Not intentionally, no. Her salt and sugar were placed in similar jars, and a distracted Kiwi had thrown it in without a second glance. She was not aware of the disgusting mistake, having scooped it up and immediately bolted out the door. Her destination? Anywhere she could find someone! She needed someone to taste it! Not her, no one would believe her if she bragged about how delicious it was. No, she needed a witness, and a witness she was going to find.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Phonyville was always full of new and exciting shops and places to get good food, Lav's family restaurant included, of course. She enjoyed scoping them out, especially now that she was planning on opening her own cafe when she grew up! It was important that she kept an eye out for hot new places, and prime real estate. Besides that, she could probably spend hours walking around outside, just seeing the sights!

But today, she saw a flutter mare flying down the street, which normally isn't too unusual (besides the relative rarity of flutters), but her speed was a little unusual! And the thing she was carrying, which must be something cool! "Hey! Where are you going?" Lav called. If she was rushing somewhere, maybe it was something fun, or she needed help? She fluttered over to the green mare, curious. "Do you need help?"

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:42 pm
Kiwi Kiss stopped as a tiny little blur of grey approached, landing gently on all four hooves and brightening as what appeared was a small filly. Oh! How delightful! Children were always awfully sweet, and she loved being able to cause a smile on their face. Sometimes, she considered having kids, but then the busyness that was her life would sweep her into the chaos of the world, her consideration forgotten.

Setting the bag ever so gently down, Kiwi nodded enthusiastically, wings fluttering gently. "In fact, you can! Do you have a moment, maybe?" She glanced about, checking for the others parents. None. Oh no, did she have permission to feed sweets to this child? Ooooh, hopefully the child wasn't forbidden from sugar!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:59 pm
"Oh, sure! I don't have anywhere to be, and like, this is more interesting than doing work at home," Lav said excitedly. She peered into the bag surreptitiously, spying the greenness of it. It looked like... the characteristic frosting of a delicious cake! "Oh my gosh, are you another baker?" She seemed to know so many of those nowadays, and she was always impressed by their varieties of goods.

Yushika
shormt

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:07 pm
Kiwi Kiss perked right up, letting out a merry laugh. "No no no, but I did want to try baking! You are looking at my first cake! Ever!"

For a second, she raised her head proudly, wings fluttering in a green blur before she looked back down and beamed at the pegasus, nodding towards the cake. "I haven't tested it, yet, but I was looking for a taste tester. Oh!" She paused, pulling out a plate and knife.

"If you aren't terribly busy, would you like to do the honors of being the first to try my very first cake?"

purplerosesbeauty
you're okay <3333

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:38 pm
Lavender flapped her wings in excitement."Oh wow! Your first cake!" She was pretty impressed, besides the sloppy frosting, it looked really good, and even Lav wasn't that good at frosting things (it was so much easier to just add a quick glaze...). And being offered to taste test! "Really, you mean it? Like, it's okay to just try it?"

Though, when Lav thought about it, that was a great idea! She should get people to taste test her things more often too, maybe see if Sugar would like to try some of her experimental recipes... "I'd like, be honored!" She said with a little laugh, and looked at the green cake expectantly. It was practically calling her name. "Oh, I'm Lavender Lemon, but you can call me Lav! Can I get your name too, Miss Cake Lady?" she said, a bit cheekily. She probably shouldn't accept food from strangers, but if they were properly introduced, they weren't strangers!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:57 pm
Kiwi Kiss nodded in response, flushing a brighter green in excitement. Oh! They were excited! How wonderful! How absolutely delightful! This was the best day ever! Even better then the day she made her first kiwi soaps! This was the best day ever!

"Yes! I'd be honored!" She flapped her wings rapidly, approaching the cake and taking the knife ever so gently, making sure the small filly was safely at a distance before cutting a slice, gently nudging the cake slice onto the plate before nudging it closer, setting the knife aside. Oh! How rude of her! She hadn't given her name yet! She had been far too excited to meet her first cake tester that she had completely skipped over manners!

"Oh dear me! I'm so sorry, I should have introduced myself! I'm Kiwi Kiss! What a pleasure it is to meet you, Lav!"

purplerosesbeauty
you're okay <3333

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:17 pm
"Don't worry about it like, it's nice to meet you, Kiwi Kiss!" Lav said with a laugh, and edged the cake carefully over to herself. She could see there was a lot of fruit (predictably, kiwis) on it, and she'd never had a cake with kiwis in it but they looked really good! She took a bite, excited to taste someone's baked goods for them and...

Wait. Lavender paused, swallowing the bite with a tiny cough. Something about it was... wrong. The texture was okay but... it was salty. Like she didn't put any sugar in it at all! Would kiwis make it not sugary? It was a little baffling, and Lav wasn't sure what to say. "It's... wow! What's in it? Like, it's not like any cake I've tasted before."

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:21 pm
Coughing? Oh no! Was she choking? Kiwi made a move to help, stopping when Lav finally spoke. She perked up, again, wings fluttering. She liked it so much that she wanted the ingredients? What a day!

"Hmmmm, flour, eggs, sugar, kiwi's.... vanilla extract.... more kiwi's.... and some other things but I can't quite remember.... the recipe is back home! Do you like it?" Bright, excited yellow eyes looked down at the smaller pegasus, body practically vibrating in joy. She was going to bake this for everyone!

purplerosesbeauty
casually forgot to erase the message here last post, awkwaaaard.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 pm
Lavender smiled, a bit awkwardly. Those all sounded like normal cake ingredients, but the cake... was hardly edible. It tasted like a salty biscuit, but moist or something (which was a little gross). But at the same time, Lav didn't want to hurt her feelings! She looked so excited about her first cake! Maybe it would be kinder to lie? Or maybe that would make it worse, and string along this poor mare into thinking her cake was good when somewhere along the way she must have made a mistake like... mixing the salt and sugar up?

Oh god. That was probably it, why it was so... salty. Lavender flapped her wings, a tiny bit anxious. She had to make a decision, the mare was staring at her and waiting."Um... I think it could be like, super good, Kiwi Kiss! But... have you tried it yet?"She scuffed her hoof on the pavement."Not to like, be mean or anything really, but it's sort of.... salty. Kinda surprised me!"She really hoped she didn't hurt the flutter's feelings, but it would just be... really dishonest to lie to her, especially since a taste tester should give an honest critique!

"Maybe you made a little accident while you were mixing, like, it totally happens to everyone, especially if you just started out baking!"
she said.

Yushika
lav feels terrible but it must be said

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:41 pm
The filly looked like she had something on her mind, catching Kiwi off guard. Blinking back, her ears swiveled back as the filly asked if she had tried it.

"Well, no, I haven't." Kiwi admitted, eyes widening at the mention of her cake being salty. Salty? How? She hadn't used any salt! The recipe didn't ask for it! "Oh, are you sure? I mean... the recipe didn't..." She paused, frowning to herself as she took a fork and gently stole a piece of the cake, popping it into her mouth. It looked perfect. It felt perfect. What was th-

UGH

Kiwi Kiss snapped her head back, forcing herself to swallow before, with a horrified expression, she pushed the cake a good distance. That was putrid! Had she accidentally mixed the sugar with salt? Oh, and she fed a child that?! What kind of monster was she? Looking down at the child, Kiwi shook her head, hurriedly shoving the cake back into her bag.

"Oh that's truly awful, I can't believe I had you eat that! I'm terribly sorry, oooooh! I thought I finally got it." She paused, sighing softly before flashing a famous Kiwi grin. "Well, there's always next time! I do appreciate your honesty, I was just about to offer cake to other passerby's, too! How truly dreadful that would have been..."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:56 pm
Lavender held her breath and watched Kiwi's reaction, almost afraid to look if she cried or got mad at her. But she didn't, although she seemed a bit disappointed. Lav nodded, glad the mare ended up taking it well. Or, as well as someone can take finding out they totally messed up their cake! Which sucks. "Yeah, don't worry about it, it totally happens sometimes... At least I was like, the only victim," Lav said, laughing. It isn't the worst thing that could happen to a cake , although certainly, it was one of the worst... it didn't kill her though. If she had someone helping her she'd probably not make a mistake like that.

She smiled, suddenly struck by an idea. "Hey, like, maybe I can help you next time! I'm a pretty okay baker and like, I bet this cake really would be good, if you're careful! Fruit cakes are super yummy. And like, if that's your very first cake I bet with practice you'll make amazing cakes no problem!" Kiwi probably worked really hard, which Lavender could admire. And of course, she loved working in the kitchen and what better way to bond with a new friend than by baking together?

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:08 pm
Kiwi laughed softly, looked at the bag with a tiny sigh before nodding. Luckily there was only one victim, it was just a shame it had to be such a nice kid as this one. Maybe it would have been more rewarding if the kids who threw eggs at her shop had a bite! No no, Kiwi, no negative thoughts. That was bad.

The offer to help caused the flutter to cease picking the bag up, setting it back down gently (she didn't want to make a mess!) and flapping her wings. Oh, really? They'd help her? Seriously? Brightening up, the flutter nodded enthusiastically.

"Really? That'd be delightful! Oh! You know, I just got a shipment of keychains recently, and they gave me too much! As an apology and thank you, do you want to stop by my shop and pick one out?"

So, sure, her cake was horrible. Disgusting. Almost worthy to be called a weapon, BUT, she made a friend along the way! Now.. she just hoped she didn't end up making the same mistake next time!

purplerosesbeauty

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff