Winter Giftswap 2015 Appreciation & Thank You Thread Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:57 am
There's plenty of fun to be had but make sure you check in to let us know when you receive your gift so that your person doesn't fret over the international and/or domestic postal systems. Feel free to post your gratitude or pictures in this thread. But it is imperative you post when you have received your gift.

Again, please post here when you have received your parcel.

Amizade

Kitty Sprightt

Aric Val

Tygress Dream

Moonstone Dazzle

Maxx D

Jun D

SilverShieldwolf

Lady Aria Starstone

Abbacus

and be blue

Ruriska

Araucana

EchoLimaFoxtrot

DaisyMilk

phoenix kiss

elvyralani

space crawfish

Scaramouche Fandango

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:56 pm
User Image

I was sold when I haphazardly tore into this packet once I saw that it was from Singapore. Good things come from that tiny duty-free island. I didn't even bother to look on the backside as evident by my exclamation on the lack of return address. Smooth move, fluo. Not to delve too much into the why or what the ********, I was running out of soap and had yet to find an appropriate, Wien-specific soap. Lo and behold, my room smells like a ******** Christmas market. Love.

And what's there not to love about gashapon especially when it's of a kinoko. Look at that posturing! My slain enemies, friends and family alike often prostrate like so in my presence of greatness. wink

User Image

And look! Maxx D & Jun D did it again! Very thoughtful gifts. Yes, that's a Hello Kitty in the shape of a MUSHROOM with her MUSHROOM beefcake friend in matching hair ribbon. Where does one even get such a harmonious friendship in Kittychan Land?! The two lovely little prints will keep me company during this holiday season. I'm already drooling on the promise of a Singapore trip. I've had laksa and how it warms the soul. The rest, I will happy eat except for Durian.

The Honeydew Sago is a triple home run for these reasons:
1. It is one of my favorite fruits. When I order gelato, it's either in honeydew or canteloupe
2. I love sago but short of making it, cannot find it in Wien
3. Chronically dry dead-crone lips means I'm always running out of proper hydration

User Image

And finally, the pièce de résistance: Artwork of Albatross.
It hangs atop my bed smile
Good god, I've made out like a bandit this Giftswap. I've been so spoiled this year. Thank you so much, Maxx and Jun. And thank you, blue, for putting the fear of the parcel not arriving to me in time before I move back stateside. This was a lovely surprise and I appreciate and cherish each and every item along with the time that was put into curating such a lovely collection. And it's a great thing I saved the parcel with the return address wink Thank you for making it an awesome experience especially since I'm all by my lonesome in the East Kingdom.

Maxx D
Jun D

fluorescein
Crew

Blinded By My Silence

Magical Girl

12,825 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 3:43 pm
Ruriska

I just want to say that I SWEAR I was going to wait until Christmas to open your gift! Honest! My boyfriend opened one of the packages just a peek to tease me and I just couldn't take the suspense!

Also, I apologize deeply for the crappy images, the only camera I have is on my tablet lol

User ImageUser Image

A beautiful card, thank you so much Ruri! I LOVE the little foxy puff stickers! Super cute! I'm glad you had fun picking out my gifts and I definitely like what you found! :)

User Image

These two are the absolute sweetest! The Snorlax is now named Snoozer and the Vaporeon is Mrs. Fish (and is currently sleeping beside one of my other Vaporeons AKA Mr. Fish lol)

User Image

A tea ball! This thing is SUPER COOL I've never seen something like this before! (How much water do I need? I'll take a picture when it blooms. <333)

User Image

I find it SUPER cool that you're from Australia! I have a god sister there, I hear it is really neat! This wooden keychain is really cool (for those who can't see it, it's a koala on a turtle!)

User Image

DINO TRADING CARDS EFF YES. They came with stickers which is even better! Dinosaurs were like my life when I was a little kid so this was really nostalgic and really, really neat to open! I got a Tupandactylus, an Amargasaurus, a Plioplatecarpus, a Protostega, a Diplodocus, a Dakosaurus, a Tanystropheus, an Eudimorphodon and an Icaronycteris!

I really can't thank you enough, Ruri! I really love all of these gifts! They will be cherished forever <3

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 2:48 am
User Image
Is this not the cutest damn card you've ever seen? I opened it up and couldn't stop giggling at how completely unimpressed that dog looks.
Fun fact: We used to have a West Highland Terrier and Dachshund mix that looked JUST like the dog in the card!

User Image
Ooooh~ JEM! Is truly outrageous! Truly, truly, truly outrageous~
I squealed like I was five again when I saw the logo as unwrapping happened.

User Image
THIS IS WHAT'S INSIDE.
The earrings went on right ******** away and then I made my husband look at all the pictures in the little booklet with me. He was not pleased and it was totally worth it.

User Image
THEY LIGHT UP YOU GUYS. FOR REAL. AND BLINK. AND THEY ARE PERFECT. ALRIGHT?
Seriously, this is pretty much 1000% better than anything that could have been part of my wildest dreams. As I said above I put them on, they matched what I was already wearing, and then I wore them to the club. Getting a bunch of goth kids to dance with you and sing the Jem! theme song at 2 am is pretty much the best feeling in the world.

User Image
THIIIISSSS <33333
I've been meaning to get a paracord bracelet for MONTHS, but now I don't have to because eeeeeeee~!! And it matches pretty much all of my other accessories and 80% of my closet.

You're a peach, Milk. Your gifts made this week a million thousand times better than it was and I couldn't have asked for a sweeter card and such wonderful presents. <3 Thank you so so so much.

DaisyMilk

LOLLI qAq

Questionable Baby

24,800 Points
  • Interstellar Fixer 25
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

and be blue
Vice Captain

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:37 am
I told Craw that hers arrived yesterday but I'm torn on if I'm waiting til xmas to open it or not...we'll see. u.u  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:36 pm
My box from Elvy was full of WONDERFUL GIFTS and really cute wrapping paper.

User Image

Delicious green tea candy and cookies! I ate everything. No regrets. I've actually had those candies before and they're all yum, but I'd never seen pocky's cool cousin or those sandwich things and I loved them.
User Image

Then there was this cute horse! He's adorable (and also matches my zodiac year)!
User Image

But wait, what's this?
User Image User Image

My goodness! My horse is clairvoyant! The figure had a little fortune inside! Apparently I'm heartbroken but passionate, and my outlook is good.
User Image

And then there were these two soft squishy packets. These included a lovely scarf that I've been getting compliments on all week...
User Image

...and SQUID.
User Image

Can I talk for a moment about how much I LOVE THIS SQUID? He is perfect. Squishy and cute and beautifully done and just delightful to hug and- I love squid so much. And she made this for me. That's the bit that blows me away- I love hand-done things so much. The yarns are so lovely- the scarf is just the warmest, nicest scarf and the greys and purples have this subtle almost-shimmer to them in the way they play off of each other. Thank you SO MUCH, Elvy! I adored it all! You're the best!

User Image

elvyralani

Scaramouche Fandango

Big Wife

So Long Gay Bowser

Blessing Devotee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 10:59 am
My secret santa arrived today! Unfortunately, you didn't put your name on the box or on your tag, so I have no idea who to thank for my lovely gifts!!!

User Image

TSUM TSUMS ARE MY ADDICTION jakhsgjkahg thank you!!! I'd been debating getting Dumbo for a super long time, so I'm so glad you grabbed him for me!!! And Pooh is just precious and and and

Donald. Donald Duck jesus christ have I mentioned he is like my favorite Disney character ever? Nobody in my family can do his voice but I love him so much it's not funny. I ought to spam you in all the photos I took of Donald on my trip to Disney, but I will spare you that misfortune!!!

And this necklace is SUPER CUTE OH MY GOSH. The stones are super pretty and it looks so nicely done!!! I'm going to be wearing it to work all the time basically, so thank you for that!!!

User Image

Okay here is a fun fact: I have never bought a single candle in my life, but I've been dying to get into them! So I'd never heard of this company, but apparently they're all essential oils and naturalistic and that's really cool and basically what I'm all about! I ended up lighting it (despite it... being one pm lmao), and oh my GOD this is an amazing smell. I don't know if it's the Ylang Ylang I'm honing in on, but I absolutely love it. It makes the whole room smell wonderful, and makes my day just a bit brighter.

So thank you so much, Santa!!! You definitely need to let me know who you are so I can properly thank you!!

(PS that was the most intensely wrapped box EVER. I got my arm day in opening it!)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:49 pm
I got my box today, and I can't thank you enough, Scara! Everything inside completely made my day and that wrapping paper is absolutely delightful!

I mean, look at this awesome paper~
User Image

User Image

And this card! O. M. G. Absolutely the best. The mug made me smile so much as did the little ornament ♥

User Image

And what mug would be complete without some loose leaf teat to put in it? I cannot wait to try these, seriously, the names are so good. I also think the picture might be upside down. OOPS.

User Image

And if the above wasn't cool enough, look at these stickers and postcards! I have sassy owls and rainbow dinosaurs, dudes! And a dragon, bat and tiger.

User Image

And. AND. Look at this pendant. My phone's camera really doesn't show off how pretty this thing is properly, but it is so pretty. And it will be getting worn tomorrow regardless of whether or not it matches my outfit.

It is a merry Sharkmas indeed and I friggin' love your face right now, Scara. Thank you so much ♥~

Scaramouche Fandango

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

fluorescein
Crew
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:28 pm
DaisyMilk

Oops, it looks like your pictures are broken. I wanna see!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:45 pm
fluorescein
DaisyMilk

Oops, it looks like your pictures are broken. I wanna see!!

They are showing up fine for me, but i will see if i can't get 'em uploaded to imgur. c:

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Aria Starstone

Sexy Goat

32,115 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Wintersday Bard 50
  • Enemy of the Goat 25
PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 6:33 pm
Moonstone Dazzle
My secret santa arrived today! Unfortunately, you didn't put your name on the box or on your tag, so I have no idea who to thank for my lovely gifts!!!

User Image

TSUM TSUMS ARE MY ADDICTION jakhsgjkahg thank you!!! I'd been debating getting Dumbo for a super long time, so I'm so glad you grabbed him for me!!! And Pooh is just precious and and and

Donald. Donald Duck jesus christ have I mentioned he is like my favorite Disney character ever? Nobody in my family can do his voice but I love him so much it's not funny. I ought to spam you in all the photos I took of Donald on my trip to Disney, but I will spare you that misfortune!!!

And this necklace is SUPER CUTE OH MY GOSH. The stones are super pretty and it looks so nicely done!!! I'm going to be wearing it to work all the time basically, so thank you for that!!!

User Image

Okay here is a fun fact: I have never bought a single candle in my life, but I've been dying to get into them! So I'd never heard of this company, but apparently they're all essential oils and naturalistic and that's really cool and basically what I'm all about! I ended up lighting it (despite it... being one pm lmao), and oh my GOD this is an amazing smell. I don't know if it's the Ylang Ylang I'm honing in on, but I absolutely love it. It makes the whole room smell wonderful, and makes my day just a bit brighter.

So thank you so much, Santa!!! You definitely need to let me know who you are so I can properly thank you!!

(PS that was the most intensely wrapped box EVER. I got my arm day in opening it!)

OOPS I KNEW I FORGOT SOMETHING. @_@ I meant to do a card but I was in a panic that night because the packing tape had vanished which is why I had to use the ridic gorilla tape. SORRY BOUT DAT.

and of course the packing tape was found 2 days later, in the dining room for who knows why reason.
Glad you like everything!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:34 am
been watching this thread. and want to say how thoughtful you guys are to another. the gifts are beautiful. thanks for having this thread open ouo
i will be watching for more posts. i had no time to join since i know things will be sent out late.  

FrostyPeaches

Hungry Bunny

30,900 Points
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

abkvs
Crew

Trash Vampire

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 11:49 am
I GOT A BOX
there will be a post soon!  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:00 pm
phoenix kiss

I AM STILL SPEECHLESS. However, I will do my best to give justice to the amazing, thoughtful, kind, and overall EPIC WONDERFULNESS of my SS's gift!

It all starts with the arrival. I had only a few days here and there where I would be home...otherwise I would risk the neighbors (or strong winds we've been having) snagging it from the porch. Thankfully, the timing was absolutely perfect. I warned hubby about his own gifts arriving today, so he's left everything to me in terms of packages. Buahaha! twisted

User Image

So. I started the unpacking. Yes, I am a dork... but the fact that it was wrapped in a Whole Foods bag and had STARRY DUCT TAPE (seriously, it was awesome! I need to go hunt it down now!) was totally great. Initially, my cat was just as excited as I was...

User Image

Big things come in small packages. This was no exception. I couldn't believe this all waited for me in the humble looking package....!

User Image

First up... the smellies. Yum! I looooove candles. I used to use wall plugins for helping spruce up a room, but do to the oils (heard there was some health troubles with them? I dunno) and electrical risk... I went more towards candles. At least the fire risk is easier to watch. Plus, I think they smell that much better. The candle scents were perfect. Seriously...! I love woodsy scents. My collection of candles tend to be either woodsy/pines/sands/etc or tropical... so add to that coconut.... o_O The choices were uncanny!

The bath bombs... ADORE! I love baths, and try to take one at least once every trip. And I ONLY go for homemade/naturals. The fact that these are made by a local by phoe is just golden! They are so incredibly thoughtful and I just love them! Thank you!

User Image

Even though these sweets were opened last, I feel like they fit best in explanation after the Smelly Goodness. CHRISTMAS SOCKS! Um. I NEEDED THESE! I only have two others, and I had GRAND PLANS on wearing festive socks on my last trip before Christmas... So these are just perfect! And I just love the little hollies and candy canes - OMG! <3

CHOCOLATE. There are two ways I love chocolate: with nuts and with COFFEE. AND I GOT BOTH!? WHA!? I am totally bringing these on my trip... which is going to be needed. I will be busy and every time I crack one of these open I will think of how awesome phoe is and the rest of the gifts.

User Image User Image

AIRPLANE!!!!!! To say I am obsessed would be an understatement. Not only is it my work, but flying is my passion as well. I am always on the lookout for airplane ornaments and this one is a perfect sparkly addition. ONE DAY, we will have a christmas tree just for all of our airplane/flying/aviation ornaments. For now, it is just a lowly garland. But for now, this sparkling love fits perfectly on our tree.

User Image User Image

AND A DRAGON! IT FLIES TOO! Honestly, I do think dragons are the entire reason I am flying today. It is weird, but I wouldn't be surprised (I cannot really map why I got in to it, either... so this reason is as good as any other). This ornament is so pretty and adorable, I really did start getting choked up. It is delicate, elegant, and just so beautiful. The box it came in was also really cool but I will continue using it to protect this beautiful artwork. It also fits in so well on my tree. D'aw!

User Image

A simple card with such a pretty message. I LUV YOU PHOE! heart and inside...
User Image

A stunning piece of Heart Shatter. OMG, she looks so beautiful! crying This will forever be cherished! *continues to stare at the beauty*

So long story short... I am floored. Phoe, you did such an amazing job! I absolutely love it all! crying I don't think I could have done so well if I tried to get them myself (not to mention I don't have even a fraction of a fraction of your talent). THANK YOU SO MUCH! *clings and sobs in happiness*

BTW. BAD imgur for tilting images!  

EchoLimaFoxtrot

Amizade

Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:44 pm
So I was checking up on my threadless package (bought a shirt for a friend) and got this message. Posting so my KK doesn't fret:
User Image

Edit: from Aus Post http://auspost.com.au/about-us/overseas-inbound-processing-delays.html

Also, you guys are all precious and I'm loving the posts so far. ❤  
Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces