Am I early? [Sugar Petal x Lavender Lemon]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:43 pm
User Image A week had flown by before she knew it! Just a few days ago she had met another phony, and while she had been her usual awkward self the two had hit it off fantastically. Lavender was essentially the perfect friend for her. She liked flowers, she could use the plants Sugar made for her own thing, and, well, she was nice to boot. Perfect candidate for a good friend in the making.

So, the entire week had been spent with Sugar Petal almost vibrating in excitement. Really, if she had known making a friend was this rewarding she would have done it earlier. Except, now the day had come and nerves rushed through her like a wave. What if she was early? Or if she was late? What if Lavender hated the bouquet? The filly clutched the little rose bouquet in her hoof tightly as the free one knocked on the door, nervously shuffling foot from foot. No, it'd be okay. Lavender invited her. She wanted her here. She just had to remember that and not freak out when the door opened!

purplerosesbeauty
Round two of adorable ponies being adorable.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The day was finally here! Lav had spent the morning baking the real cake to be used, so it would have enough time to cool and be ready for eating when Sugar Petal came by. She brought it from the kitchen to the table she set up for them, and took a moment to make sure it was perfect. It looked nice, and the glaze was perfect. Lavender Lemon took the time to garnish the cake in lavender buds and lemon slices, and of course, the smell was heavenly. All the practice cakes tasted great, so she was certain Sugar Petal would enjoy this.

But she couldn't help but worry. What if she didn't like the cake? Or if she wasn't very entertaining, and she hated the restaurant? Lav bit her lip. Well, she'd probably be polite enough if she wasn't having a good time... A knock on the restaurant's door caught her attention. That must be Sugar! She rushed over.

"Sugar!" she greeted her friend, opening the door. "Come in! I saved us a booth in the back so we don't bother anyone. And oh my god, is that the bouquet? It's so cute! I love it," she gushed as she led Sugar into the building. Sugar was really good at making nice floral arrangements!

"Can I like, get you something to drink?" She wasn't sure what she'd like... so she started listing a bunch of things, going into restaurant mode as they walked. "I can get you something like what I usually make - like, a shirley temple or an italian soda, or some other kind of mixed drink. Or tea if you like... we also have milk, lemonade, soda and water if you'd prefer." Lav stopped herself before she started listing specifics, a bit embarrassed. She wasn't used to having friends over! Just customers...

Yushika
Cute babby date go!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:46 pm
She almost jumped as the door opened, as if she was actually surprised the other had arrived. Flushing at the praise of the bouquet she held, the little filly have a side wave of her hoof as she gazed at her flowers. "This? Oh. well, it's not much. Only the roses were ready for picking this week."

As the other led her she took the chance to gaze about, eyes wide in awe. So this was the successful restaurant Lav's family ran? It must be a delight to have others enjoy something you make and repeatably come back just to experience your dishes again. She knew whenever a neighbor asked for just some more flowers she was flattered, herself. Once they settled into the booth Sugar listened attentively, already confused. She had no clue what a shirley temple was or what made an italian soda, well, italian, but she was sure if Lav usually made it then it'd be delicious.

"Surprise me?" She offered, setting the bouquet down and once again glancing about, head rolling as her gaze drifted from the ceiling to the booths nearby. "I don't go out often, so I don't have a good enough reference on drinks to know what I'd like." She admitted, sheepishly poking at the floor with a hoof. Oh, she hoped Lav didn't think she was a bore!

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2015 8:01 pm

"Oooh that makes sense. But roses are really nice! They're like, classics. You can't go wrong with roses," she said, smiling. Even if it was just roses, Sugar still made them look nice. And it would look perfect with the cake!

"I can do that!" Lavender Lemon said, thinking about it. What sort of drink should she get her...? She lit up as she decided. "Hang on, I know just what to get you," she said, leaving the booth.

She returned with two tall glasses filled with ice, two syrup bottles, club soda and some half n half cream. "You seem like... a strawberry kind of girl," the pegasus said, pouring the dark red syrup over the ice. "I actually do this a lot here, like, my uncle runs the bar with my mom, but she's usually doing waitressing stuff. So I do the non-alcoholic drinks! Italian soda is really pretty looking, so I decided to do that!" She poured the club soda and started adding the cream. When she was satisfied, Lavender Lemon stirred the drink until it was pink and passed it over.

"My dad does the regular food here, and it's like, really cool. One of my aunts runs a breakfast nook here too, and another one has an online pastry delivery service she runs out of the kitchen, and me and my siblings hang out here all the time, so this place is full of my family all the time!" She made the other drink with a dark purple syrup, and kept that one for herself. Lav smiled and turned to the other filly. "What about your family? Do you spend a lot of time with them?"

Yushika
Lav loves to talk, haha.

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:13 am
Strawberries were her favorite, actually. Nodding vaguely at the comment, she watched Lav at work, immediately caught in fascination. So this was how she made drinks? She accepted the drink the second it was handed over, head lowering down to peer at the shade of pink. She could never do that, she figured. She briefly watched Lav, noting the colors of their individual drinks matched the filly's they belonged to with appreciation. Perhaps, sometime, she might ask Lav to teach her how to make something simple.

Taking a quick sip, the filly's eyes widened in delight before she took an extra one, pausing to ponder the response to the question directed at her. Honestly, she didn't know. What was a lot of time compared to others? She gardened most of the morning, and then would crawl off to shower and then read until dinner. She liked being by herself, but when it came dinner time and until bed she preferred to rest in the living room with her family, if possible. She visited Orchid time to time, as well. Perhaps she didn't spend as much time as Lav did with her family, but Sugar did like the time she spent with them when she did get around to it.

"A moderate amount." She finally settled on, obviously much less of a talker than her friend was. "I garden and read until dinner, and then we spend time together until bed."

She paused thoughtfully, suddenly flicking her eyes to gaze out the window. "I want to see the other sides of my family sometime..." Her voice drifted off dreamily, a pondering expression gracing her features. She wasn't good at just visiting family she didn't know well... Maybe a good push in the right direction would help. Or not. Still, it'd be nice to actually meet some of the other siblings she had, especially.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:18 pm
Lavender Lemon bounced up and down in her seat as she watched Sugar drink. It looked like she liked it! Smiling, she couldn't help but feel glad she managed to peg her tastes down and make something she enjoyed. Lav rested her head in her hooves as she listened, and nodded along.

"I see, like, you guys kinda do your own thing most of the day. But you still take time to see each other, that's so great,"the gray filly commented. "I like, totally understand though. I also have some family I still haven't seen, like most of my dad's side or something. I don't think they're all as into cooking and stuff, which is why they don't come around."

Lav thought about it a moment, watching Sugar's face and sipping her drink. She seemed almost pensive about her family... she must have a lot of family members too! Lav almost wished... that she could help her meet them. "Well, maybe I could go with you if you wanted company! I mean, like, if that was totally okay with you."

Suddenly feeling a bit embarrassed (that had to be kind of weird to offer!), she tried to change the topic. As her eyes glanced at the cake she'd left covered on the table, she bounced up and squeaked. "Oh yeah! The cake! I spent like, all week trying to make sure it was perfect, you know. I didn't want to use the lavender and waste it on a totally gross cake mix or something, and ruin the gift you gave me on something bad... hopefully you like it! Obviously I had to go with my name for the flavors, but really I think it came out perfect. Are you ready to try it?" she said, lifting the lid off of the cake and taking a deep breath.

Yushika
Sorry for the wait! Lav can't believe she almost forgot the whole reason Sugar came over, she got a bit too wrapped up in casual conversation.

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:20 pm
She nodded back as Lavender Lemon explained her interoperation on Sugar's family life. Pretty much spot on. She returned to gazing out the window, pondering exactly how she'd find a way to meet her other family. Maybe she should just let them come to her? She wasn't that good with other phonies... they probably would find her a bore.

She caught the other watching her, blinking back into reality and taking another sip of her drink. Had Lav said something? Placing her hoof on her cheek and using it as support, the filly swirled her straw around in her drink as Lav offered to help, flicking her gaze back at her friend.

"Really?" Her voice sounded vaguely hopeful under the thick layer of usual monotone. Lavender Lemon was much more expressive then she was, maybe she could help her meet her family? It'd at least be nice to have support. "No, that's fine. I mean, if you want to. I wouldn't mind. I'm really bad at meeting new people... so, uh, it'd be nice if you.... came along." Embarrassment flashed through her mind as she realized just how incompetent she was with socializing. Hopefully Lav didn't think she was a loser.

The bounce caught her off-guard, head lifting off her hoof and eyes trailing to the cake with apprehension. That's right, they were here for the cake! Her eyes lit up, having remembered it was her plant Lavender Lemon used. Absolutely she wanted to try it, and right now!

"Yes!" Oh man, was she excited!

purplerosesbeauty
I'm sorry, too! I was doing really boring things that had to be done this week, but now I can RP!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:08 pm

"Of course!"
The gray pegasus grinned. She'd love to come along and meet all of Sugar's family! They all had to be pretty cool if they were anything like her. And she was glad she didn't weird her out or anything! They could really be best friends at this rate... meeting each other's family, hanging out, maybe slumber parties? There was so much they could do! Lavender really liked the filly, even though they hardly knew each other... she was eager to learn.

She cut the circular ring of cake into a few sizable slices and carefully transferred a piece to each of the plates. Lav couldn't help but bite her lip and she looked at the cake. It looked perfect, and had a nice color on the inside, pale yellow and flecked with little lavender buds that were mixed into the batter. It was definitely cooked all the way and it smelled absolutely wonderful.

Lavender Lemon took a small bite of her cake and was excited to see that the cake was just as good as her practice cakes she'd made all week -- no, better! The lavender buds really were a nice taste after all, very mild and just as it smells, but in taste form! She thought maybe she should have made tea instead of a soda, but she was in love with the cake!

Looking back at Sugar, she hoped she liked it too. After all, it was her precious lavender that provided the little buds that flecked the cake and were garnished on top. If she didn't like it, she would be sad that her flower went to something (and someone!) like that, right?

"Mmm! What do you think? Do you like it?" she asked, unable to contain herself and her excitement. She felt like she was about to burst!

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:28 pm
A twinge of relief flickered within her chest as Lavender agreed. Oh, she wouldn't be alone. Her family was positively huge and the daunting thought of meeting any of them by herself had always left a cold rush through her blood. Was this what having a friend was like? Comfort? Support? Why had she spent so long denying her mother whenever Sweet Bread asked her to go out and make one friend? The feeling of having someone who would stick by you was warm, and she found herself vaguely sad at the thought that, just a few days ago, she was friendless.

Her eyes flicked to gaze at the cake while it was carved up into slices, teeth biting into each other as she resisted the urge to lick her lips. It looked gorgeous. How in the world did she make this? By herself, even! She waited for Lavender to take the first bite, soon after following suit. Her hoof stayed in the air as she explored the flavors, pleasantly surprised. For the longest time she had been absolutely certain it'd taste like flowery soap. She hadn't been able to imagine someone cooking with a flower, and now she knew. It was amazing. The sweetness rolled against the soft taste of the lavender was enough to warrant a second bite before she offered a response.

"It's amazing." She mumbled in awe, splitting a piece of her cake to see the inside. "Even mom would be impressed!"

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 3:07 pm
Lavender watched with bated breath as Sugar Petal tasted her cake, looking for signs that she failed. And when Sugar finally spoke, her eyes lit up and Lav knew she loved it! Really, really loved it, and wasn't pretending or anything. A sense of relief washed over her, but also one of pride. She really was good at this! Her own mother would be proud, and probably her aunt too, who helped her devise the perfect cake mix.

Amazing. Even her mom would be impressed? And her mom was a baker! "You really think so? Like, your mom, Sweet Bread?" She had a great idea, and took another hearty bite of the cake, swallowing before she spoke. "Oh my god, what if you, like, take some of the leftovers to her, then she can actually have some! And you can tell her all about your new friend Lavender Lemon, and like, her great snacks!"

She laughed, and leaned forward in the booth. "But really, I'm like, super totally glad you like it! I was super worried all week I would mess up and ruin your wonderful lavender that you gave me. So I'm really glad like, it came out great! We make a great team,"Lav said, looking at the pink filly.

Yushika*
its been 84 years......................

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:51 am
Sugar Petal nodded at the fist question. Of course her mom would like it! Her ears flicked at the mention of bringing food to her mother, flushing under her rusty fur. What if her mom was so impressed that she'd set out to befriend Lav? What if they were better friends then Sugar and Lav were? Oh, what a silly though; her mother already had a best friend! One she was even married to!

"I could do that.... do you mind? Or... you could stop by with me and meet her yourself?" The quiet filly murmured, taking another delicate bite of cake before pausing to eye her friend, ears swiveling back. Really? She had worried that much? She couldn't stop the flattered smile, hiding under her long strand of hair nervously.

"I-I don't think you could have ruined it. I mean, I trusted you... I'm glad something I grew made you so happy."

purplerosesbeauty

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff