Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 11:47 am
http://www.cdph.ca.gov/certlic/birthdeathmar/Documents/Affidavit-BirthPAMPHLET-(01-15)-MERGED.pdf  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 5:40 pm
Looks...
.................................................................................................
bleaugh.  

wellwisher
Vice Captain

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:16 pm
wellwisher
Looks...
.................................................................................................
bleaugh.

Yep.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 7:18 pm
Ughhhh.

But I totally love your choice of name. Especially the middle name xd  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:59 am
Ugh... definitely looks like it's going to be a lot of work just to make it happen. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:07 am
... e.e; Paperwork...  

Saikii
Crew

Friendly Fox

30,225 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:35 pm
Mama Ame
Ughhhh.

Fun fact, about half an hour after I posted that up on fb, my brother texted me to let me know he was "mad that I stole his middle name" and that it was clearly "a testament to how I seem to crave the identity he has in the family". (That second part in quotes isn't even paraphrased btw, he literally said that.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 12:36 pm
Prof. Moonie
Ugh... definitely looks like it's going to be a lot of work just to make it happen. Hope everything goes smoothly for you.

Getting the court order was a lot of work. The birth certificate will be the same way. Same with the new Social Security card. And the new Driver's License. But in the end, it will ALL be worth it.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 1:55 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ughhhh.

Fun fact, about half an hour after I posted that up on fb, my brother texted me to let me know he was "mad that I stole his middle name" and that it was clearly "a testament to how I seem to crave the identity he has in the family". (That second part in quotes isn't even paraphrased btw, he literally said that.)

rofl rofl rofl

So why did you choose James? I love the name obviously so no complaints here haha  
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:04 pm
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ughhhh.

rofl rofl rofl

So why did you choose James? I love the name obviously so no complaints here haha

It more had to do with it being my grandpa's middle name, and, as the older sibling, if I had been born male, that would've been my middle name.  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

badgerworld

Heart Hunter

850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 8:56 am
honestly the legal stuff is the part i'm looking forward to least (and i'm terrified of the side effects of hormones so that's saying something)

good luck with all your stuff bro

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 12:06 pm
Zphal
Mama Ame
Zphal
Mama Ame
Ughhhh.

rofl rofl rofl

It more had to do with it being my grandpa's middle name, and, as the older sibling, if I had been born male, that would've been my middle name.

That's cool.

James is my dad's name. But it's one of my favorite boy names which is why I chose it.  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:19 am
badgerworld
honestly the legal stuff is the part i'm looking forward to least (and i'm terrified of the side effects of hormones so that's saying something)

Heh, there was a time early on in my transition where I wasn't sure if I wanted to get on hormones, but a year or two later it became very obvious to me that yes, yes I did want to.

(Still waiting on that though, cuz I'm getting eggs frozen first.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 am
Zphal
badgerworld

Heh, there was a time early on in my transition where I wasn't sure if I wanted to get on hormones, but a year or two later it became very obvious to me that yes, yes I did want to.

mainly i made the mistake of reading health advice from other trans women on hormones like "make sure to get lots of calcium since progesterone can make your bones weak" and all this other stuff that's terrifying

i'm reasonably sure i'm going to start hormones at some point but it's scary and i'm p sure i'm going to have to self-med because i don't know if there are any therapists in the area and even if there were i don't want to risk getting a bad one

badgerworld

Heart Hunter

850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:27 am
badgerworld
Zphal
badgerworld

mainly i made the mistake of reading health advice from other trans women on hormones like "make sure to get lots of calcium since progesterone can make your bones weak" and all this other stuff that's terrifying

i'm reasonably sure i'm going to start hormones at some point but it's scary and i'm p sure i'm going to have to self-med because i don't know if there are any therapists in the area and even if there were i don't want to risk getting a bad one

Ah yeah well I mean, all cis women have to watch out for osteoporosis too so yeah.

And hm... since I don't know where you live I can't make recommendations, but my plan is to go to the nearest Planned Parenthood that does "informed consent" for HRT.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff