[Generosity] Making friends, finally! [SP x LL] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 11:52 am
User Image Sugar Petal was, once again, settled in the front yard, working diligently on her garden. It was small in size, perhaps only able to fit about six plants or so, but it was her treasure. She wasn't allowed to take up the entire backyard for her gardening, and she certainly wasn't allowed to claim the entire front yard, but she had been permitted to claim a small patch for herself.

Currently, she was growing lavender, jasmine, mint, and carnations. She wanted more, but space was limited. Maybe one day she'd have her own place. Maybe she could have an entire garden to herself! How wonderful would that be? A house full of hundreds of flowers. Her bed could be flowers. How wonderful!

Still, for now she had this small patch and she was grateful. She'd surely show her parents her appreciation by drowning them in heaps of flowers once they matured enough. So what her dad said she really needed to stop shoving flowers into his beard? He didn't really mean that!

purplerosesbeauty
Forgive me for the rust! It's been awhile and still trying to figure out SP!

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:45 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Lavender Lemon decided to take a walk around the park, maybe visiting some more residential areas. Cloud 9 was being slow, so her mom said she should go out and play. She liked the atmosphere of the restaurant, but Pink Lemonade was probably right about her not getting out enough!

A small garden caught her eye, and she flew over to inspect it just a little closer... She could see some lavender (her namesake and favorite) and some other flowers. A phony was tending carefully to them, blocking her view of the rest.

"Hey! You have like, some really cute flowers,"
she said to the other phony, her wings flapping and head tilted, trying to look at the other flowers. Almost made her wish she had her own garden.

Yushika
It's fine! I'm still getting into Lav's character too. P:

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 6:53 pm
The sound of another voice snapped her out of her focus, causing her head to jerk up. What... oh! A tiny smile flicked across her face for just a second before vanishing as the child leaned back, brushing her hooves off on her knees.

"Thank you." She moved slightly away from the garden to allow the other a view, internally proud. Her garden was her pride and joy! Oh, wait. This kid was someone not from her family. Someone new. The realization that a stranger was appreciating her garden and speaking to her caused her to flick hair in-front of her face for comfort, poking at loose dirt with a hoof.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 5:28 am
"You're welcome!" Lav smiled. She could see some other flowers now, and a small herb plant. How cool! "I see you have lavender, but what are the other plants, if you don't mind me asking?" She wasn't really all that great at identifying them, though she thought one might be a carnation...

Realizing she neglected to introduce herself, she stood up straight."Oh, my name is Lavender Lemon by the way, but you can call me Lav! Or LL. I'm not very picky,"she said, hoping the other filly didn't think she was being rude barging in on her private gardening time or something! "Sorry to bother you, but like, gardening is pretty cool."

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2015 12:21 pm
Usually she'd just give a blunt answer and hope the other would leave her alone. However, Lavender Lemon did the one best thing to ensuring Sugar Petal likes you immediately. She called gardening pretty cool. Sugar's face didn't budge from it's usual stiff gaze, but her little ears perked up and spine straightened. Glancing down at her garden, she moved to the side slightly, silently offering space if the other wanted to approach to get a closer view.

"Lavender, jasmine, mint, and carnations." Her voice carried pride, yellow eyes seizing up the sight of her miniature garden with the tiniest of smirks. She blew hair out of her face before looking up at Lavender Lemon.

"I'm Sugar Petal. I don't really have a nickname.... You can call me anything you'd like, really." She neglected to mention that she didn't really have friends, hence the lack of a nickname.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2015 8:30 pm

"It's nice to meet you, Sugar!"Lavender Lemon smiled and walked closer to the garden, leaning down to look at the pretty plants. They smelled so nice too! Sugar must be pretty talented, since Lav knew she could never keep a garden alive. She was better at using already plucked flowers than maintaining them in any way.

Such a small garden, but the plants were all well tended. "These are all cool flowers. Did you know they were like, edible? Not just normally as phonies, but like professionally in cuisine and stuff! Well, you probably knew about mint, but I meant the flowers in particular," Lav said, proud of her own knowledge. She liked reading about all the different ways you could cook with flowers, and especially use them in drinks.

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2015 12:37 am
Sugar slid to the side more once Lavender Lemon decided to approach, almost eager to see the expression on her face. Relief flickered in the back of her brain. So other kids her age did like plants, too. She wasn't the odd one out. She took a second to brush the petal of a carnation before flicking her gaze back to Lavender's, eyes widening at the tidbit of knowledge being delivered.

"Really?" She needed to do more reading! She wasn't aware these were edible. Well, in the cooking sense. Mint was a given, but the others she just assumed stayed in bouquets and not in food!

"What can I use these for?" The previous tension in her voice had completely melted, instead a childish curiosity surfacing. Any talk about plants and she seemed to feel right at home, even if she wasn't used to conversing with anyone outside of her family.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 6:22 pm
Lavender Lemon flapped her wings in excitement. She loved telling people things! Especially when they made her sound smart and cool in front of cute girls. And were about her favorite thing! She gestured at the lavender plant.

"Yeah! There's a lot of things you can do with all the flowers, really, but like, lavender can be used in drinks. Like a lavender lemonade!" She liked that example best, because its where her name came from. Lavender flowers and lemons went together so well! "But you can make sweets with it too, which I wanted to try... like a cake or something? I think that'd be cool."

Lav looked at the jasmine next. "People use jasmine buds to make teas first, and then use the tea to cook stuff, usually. But you can use it for all sorts of stuff! I think you just need to be creative."

Then the carnation. "And carnations are a bit more spicy tasting, like uh...nutmeg or cloves something. But they're really good as decoration on cakes, or in salads and jellies... " Lavender Lemon trailed off a bit, wondering if she was talking too much? It was a lot of information, even if the filly did seem genuinely interested in it.

"Haha, sorry, I got like, a little carried away. But cooking with flowers is such a cool idea, I really love it." She looked at Sugar Petal a bit sheepishly, not wanting to drown her in words like she'd normally do.

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat May 23, 2015 8:49 pm
She listened attentively, hooves folding over one another and eyes eating up the information. She wasn't a cook, nor a baker, which she was sure startled anyone used to her family. However, the fact the things she loved the most had more then an aesthetic purpose made her proud. She was creating things that were useful, and perhaps one day she would make a living out of it. That'd be the dream! Biting her bottom lip, the little filly eyed her garden before carefully rearranging some of the dirt.

"Have you ever tried using flowers for cooking?" She questioned, glancing up at the other. The other was so passionate and knew way more then she did. Sugar Petal always felt the greatest joy when she was gardening, perhaps she could help Lavender Lemon accomplish what she desired, too?

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:13 pm

Lav blinked, and rubbed her neck with a hoof, a bit embarrassed she doesn't have any real experience actually cooking with flowers. "Well, not really yet. I do most of my experimenting behind the bar counter at my parent's restaurant. And sometimes baking with my aunt. But they don't have flowers I can use, so it's like, fruit and teas and ingredients you could find in a restaurant bar, and that's what I usually make stuff with..."

She grinned, she did have a lot of fun working with her family, but Lavender Lemon didn't quite have the freedom to pursue anything really cool just yet, as a babby. It's not like she could grab flowers off of a table and use that! "But I have been reading up on it a lot! I'd really like to try it sometime... It sounds so cool, and it'd be super pretty and refreshing, don't you think, Sugar?"

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 3:58 pm
The smile caught her off-guard, ears perking up curiously. Her eyes trailed back to her garden, a thoughtful hum escaping her. When her name was called her head snapped up, a faint smile crossing her features. The rare smile stayed as she moved to gently scoop up a plant from her garden, taking her time ensuring the roots weren't damaged as she fussed.

"Yes." The quiet phony almost whispered in response as she focused on her task. Gently, she removed a lavender plant and placed it within a tiny little pot that was near her foot. She scooped up dirt to fill the pot, fussing once more with the roots until she was satisfied. With the gentlest nod, the phony lifted the pot towards Lavender Lemon, the smile still present. Man, would her family be jealous of Lav right now.

"Here. It's not much, but it'll be the beginning of trying out your dreams." Her voice sounded nervous as she realized the nice gesture she was performing, shyly looking down and nibbling her bottom lip. "Anyway, um, you don't have to take it, but you mentioned wanting to use it for making a cake, right? I have plenty and I thought you'd make better use of it..."

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 7:56 pm

Watching the other filly, Lav was quiet. She was horrified at first, wondering if she somehow offended the other girl by talking about eating flowers that she clearly grew and made her upset. But why would she destroy them...? And then she realized, as the plant was gingerly placed in a pot and handed to her. Was she really... giving her one? A whole plant of her beautifully grown and fragrant flowers, just for her?

Lavender Lemon was stunned. She carefully took the pot."Are you really giving me this?" She was quiet a moment, and broke out into a huge grin and hugged the other phony, the pot still in her hooves. "Thank you! Like, so much! You're the best, Sugar!" She already could see all the things she could make, and... and...

"Oh my god! You have to come to my parent's restaurant okay? Like, I'll make the cake, and maybe a drink too, and we can share it. So you get to taste it too!" It was perfect! The only way she could think of to repay her generous new friend. "It's called Cloud Nine, and it's really great. So you'll come by and we can have a delicious lavender-flavored cake together." She couldn't contain her giddiness and was nearly vibrating.

Yushika

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 7:26 pm
She nodded at the first question, then freezing once arms wrapped around her in a hug. Oh. Flushing slightly, she patted Lavender Lemon's back awkwardly, both delighted and fairly uncertain what to do from here. Still, seeing someone so happy because of something she had raised and cared for... made her happy. Happier then when she was just gardening by herself.

At the invite to Cloud Nine the little filly pulled away, beginning to pack up her gardening tools with a thoughtful expression. Well, maybe she could take a break from the garden and stop by. Anyway, lavender cake did sound interesting, and it'd be made from one of her precious plants... And she wouldn't mind seeing the other again, honestly. Her parents kept pushing for her to make friends and she had finally met someone who shared her interests and was nice to boot. Why not?

"Okay." She nodded absently as she finished packing up, placing her tools in her lap and sitting back to view her new friend. "I would be happy to. When do you want me to visit?" Her faint smile returned briefly as she realized that this was the first time someone had invited her over. Hey, maybe making friends was fun. Maybe.

"Oh! Should I bring anything?" Hadn't her mom said it was best to bring gifts when visiting a friends house? Maybe she could ask her mother to take her shopping... or make something for the other filly? She didn't really have any talents other then gardening.... hmm.

purplerosesbeauty

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 9:19 pm

Lav thought about it. She couldn't have the filly come over too soon, because she wouldn't be prepared. She definitely needed some time to figure out the cake and using the cute little flower buds in her cooking! Maybe she could ask her aunt for help... "Maybe in like, a week. That should give me time to figure out how to make the cake good! Does that sound alright with you?"

She looked down at the potted flower at her hooves, smiling. Lavender was a really fragrant plant, so hopefully she could make it last. And maybe if it worked out well she could find more flowers to use as well! Sugar' Petal's question got her attention again."Oh, I actually don't know... If you want you can bring something!" She'd never thought of doing so herself, since most of her friends were just people who came to the restaurant, so all they brought were hungry bellies and money. Then she had an idea. "Oh, if you bring a little bouquet, we can put it on the table! Like a tea party or something fun like that," Lav said, smiling. Just her and her sweet new friend, sharing cake and drinks she made...

Yushika
I think we could start wrapping it up now? Lav will probably go home super excited so she can start working on the cake!

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 12:18 pm
Her smile brightened, a rare sight indeed! A bouquet was right up her alley! Heck, her mom was right about the "there has to be someone who shares your interest" idea. She watched Lavender's own smile, vaguely feeling proud her good deed had caused this.

"I can do that." She chimed back, voice picking up ever so slightly as excitement gave way. A week from now she could experience a cake made from her flower. Something that she helped contribute to. Oh, this was absolutely delightful, she didn't have words for it. Nervously flicking her eyes back down to the garden, the quiet filly finally realized just how excited she was. Oh, hopefully Lavender wasn't frightened off.

"Well, I... " She trailed off as she heard someone in the house call out, ears perking up. It was dinner time already? Not one to be rude, Sugar jolted her head to view Lavender, extending her hoof. "It was nice to meet you. I'll be there with a bouquet in a week. I- um, thank you for inviting me." Whew, this friend making business was so nerve-wracking!

purplerosesbeauty

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces