[PRP] An Amusing Story [Penny D x Mooncake] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Penny Dreadful sat with her tiny legs folded under her equally tiny frame. Under her was a old, large book, a collection of the works of Edgar Allen Poe, her favorite author. It was also a very expensive book, while not being a first edition, it was old enough and prestigious enough to be worth a lot of money. That would concern her father more than it concerned the filly, but she was careful as she turned the pages, even while engrossed in the story of the Tell-Tale Heart.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 1:29 am
Astraea Pandora
So i got extremely distracted while typing this so i have no idea if this makes any sense.

Mooncake reclined in a chair, book in hoof. He read silently, enjoying the quiet time with his daughter. The shared hobby was something he could appreciate about the filly that shared his blood. It didn't matter that they didn't always share the same taste or that they didn't enjoy the same stories for the same reasons. They could both be reading the same ghost story and while he appreciated the detailed descriptions of the spooks (things he'd become particularly interested in since he met the mare who had become his wife), while she could be more focused on the horror elements, but it didn't matter as long as they were doing it together.  

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 3:54 am
Finishing off her story, she closed the book carefully, but with great effort, the cover and half the book weighed more then she did. With a THUMP the book was returned to it's original position.

"Dad, what are you reading?" she flitted to his side, landing on the back of his chair over his right shoulder. "Is it something about silly corporal beings that absolutely cannot exist or living things trans mutating into impossible hybrids?" She certainly couldn't understand what was so amusing about such stories of absurdity.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:40 pm
Astraea Pandora

Looking up from his tome the purple stallion quirked a brow. "Can't possibly exist? My beautiful Penny, you've seen your mother. Surely you must have seen the phony around town that aren't quite normal, like the boy with the leg of bread. How can you say so definitively that some of these extraordinary creatures don't exist?" Mooncake sighed, tucking a hair back into his top knot.

"I happen to be reading the Heimskringla, which is a saga about Norse kings."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 10:53 pm
"But Mommy is alive! She isn't a being that died and came back in a semi transparent form! And Ex was born that way, he wasn't levitated into the sky or something and twisted to look like that." her nose crinkled in thought. "At least I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Anyway! They're silly foal stories that aren't even any fun. Whats the use of believing in monsters and magic? I just don't understand..."

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:01 pm
Astraea Pandora

The flutter snorted and shook his head slowly. "Mythological creatures and monsters can be born too. Not all of them were pulled out of some god's body part or cried out." With a sigh he set his book aside. "Really you should look more into it if that's what you think it's all about. Mythology is how our ancestors explained the world around them and a good amount of it is based on life. There are mythological creatures that resemble those in the wild because people may have glimpsed them and not known what they were."

Tapping his hooves together he glanced towards the book she was reading. "Asking that is like me asking what the point of reading something that could scare you is."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2015 11:31 pm
"But being scared is a survival instinct! There are real terrors in the world and it's much more logical to be scared of a masked serial killer who will bury you under his house then for someone to be scared of ghosts! The other thing is just...frivolous!"

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 7:31 pm
Astraea Pandora

"And so is being curious and inventive!" The flutter replied, shaking his head. "Myths are how people explained the world when the world was unexplainable! It's our origin stories. What is not fascinating about the theories of where we came from and what else is out there in the great unknown?" Mooncake sighs, resting his cheek against a hoof. "What is the difference between a malicious ghost and a murderer? They're both things that sneak up on you in the dark to cause you harm."

This wasn't getting anywhere. "If you're going to complain about frivolous things, then maybe you should stop reading and go outside to find a serial killer."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2015 10:25 pm
"Because they are prehistoric, and some people STILL believe them, even in this day and age!" She raspberries her father. "I am a writer, not a detective or medical examiner or crime scene investigator! Though I could write a story about some.." she get's lost in the idea for more than a moment before blinking and coming back to the conversation at hoof.

"Anyway!" She knew the discussion would get into a hard headed debate that neither would give into so she brought up a point her father let drop. "The myths aren't amusing! They aren't funny or interesting in the least and I bet you can't find ONE story that would make laugh!" This was a challenge, as far as most knew, NOTHING made Penny laugh out loud and she very rarely smiled. Even at this moment her lips were turned up in the barest of triumphant grins. She'd already won.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:11 pm
Astraea Pandora

"Pfft," Mooncake tossed his head, holding his nose up as he looked away. "Like wine, myths just get better with age. They teach important lessons and help to explain the universe too." With a sigh he undid his top knot, fiddling with his hair for a moment.

"Fine. How about this?" The flutter reached for a nearby book, flipping through it for a moment. "There was a man named Tantalus who Zeus invited to Olympus. Because of this he decided to offer up a sacrifice to the gods." He held out the book an illustration of a feast in the clouds on one page. "He killed his son, cut his body up into pieces, and cooked him and fed him to the gods. Most of the gods recognized what they were being served right away, but Demeter was distracted and ate a piece of the boy's shoulder. As punishment they damned him to hell where he was stuck with eternal hunger and thirst, unable to reach the apple above his head or the water at his feet." He flipped the page again and flashed a grin. "You might wonder what the god's did about the boy. They brought him back to life, but then Zeus threw him off the mountain cause he was so mad at his father." The stallion snickered. "That's funny right?"

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:35 pm
Penny quirked an eyebrow. "Wow, and I believed that I wrote about macabre things. That's just downright mean and childish. I'm glad we don't have any more Zeus adherents anymore."

Secretly Penny noted the idea in her head; Popular neighbor who has BBQs for his whole block all summer is actually a serial killer and has turned his entire neighborhood into unknowing cannibals.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:44 pm
Astraea Pandora
Sounds like Hannibal xD

Mooncake snorted, rolling his eyes before he returned to the bookcase. "Fine. Fine." He flitted along, flying up to the higher shelves then dropping down to the bottom ones. Finally he stopped, a smile spreading across his face as he pulled a thin children's book off the shelves.

"Once upon a time there was a little old lady and a little old man..." He recited, opening to the first page. There was an illustration of a little man made of cheese fleeing from a house.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 5:47 pm
Penny rolled her eyes. Oh yes, this was already off to a promising start. But she was willing to give it a fair shot. She settled on the top of his chair, leaning over his shoulder and looking at the illustrations, following along.

cursedandwandering
Ahh still need to watch that show

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:34 pm
Astraea Pandora
It is the bestttttttt

Shooting Penny a glance, the adult chuckled, noogieing his daughter before he resumed. The flutter described the quirky little cheese man running from the old couple who created him, from a stray cow, from a group of children. None of which actually bothered chasing him because he smelled so bad.

Continuing on Mooncake went through the stories of the Princess and the bowling ball and Cinderumplestiltskin, all silly takes of well known fairy tales. Including a take on the princess and the frog where the frog was just lying about being a prince.

Finally reaching the end of the book, the stallion slowly closed it and flashed a grin at the filly. "Well?"

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 6:43 pm
"SNNRRKKK." It popped out of Penny before she could stop it, and even after she scarcely believed it was her who made the noise. She put a hoof over her mouth in shock. Did she just chuckle? She looked at her father's grin with and looked away, annoyed. She just couldn't help it, the frog had just been lying. She hadn't expected it and it actually came off funny.

"VERY WELL!" she announced it as if it was coming from on high and even though Mooncake was her father, he should be damn grateful he was hearing it. "I guess you have a point. Sometimes myths and other stupid stories like them can be sorta amusing. Sometimes. Rarely. Once in a blue moon." She huffed, she hated being wrong.

cursedandwandering

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces