Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:19 pm
User Image

Welcome to the first annual Rain Festival for the Koti Kaikille! If you haven’t been following along so far, the lands have been deeply entrenched in a drought for the past year. The pride has stuck it out for the year, however many are sick and thin. A small group came together to figure a plan of action - their decided action was to call down a god to reverse the curse upon the land.

That goddess is, of course, the Goddess of Rain (owned by Zosie).

The Goal here is to Dance! This is a festival of dancing and singing and hoping for rain. To participate in this event, you must RP! But here’s the fun part. Roll a 1d10 to contribute to the efforts (remember to post an RP response with each roll!) The first to get to 55 total wins.

ICly, the entire pride is in on this, as well as outsiders that have come to help! Anyone can join the dance, and it is assumed the entire pride has prepared for it and has come to dance, even if they are not played here. The current weather is going to be displayed in my posts! So keep a look out on the right side of my RP posts to see what the weather is like!

Example:
Roll 1: 10 (10 total)
Roll 2: 4 (14 Total)
Roll 3: 6 (20 total)
... etc.

Rules:

1. You cannot have two consecutive posts.
  2. Only roll one 1d10 at once. The post must have an RP post in it to count!
  3. Anyone can join! If you don't have a soa, feel free to play a non-lined character (rules here). Familiars are open to join as well!
  4. Have fun! We're dancing and singing, so try to have a good time yourself.

The Prize!
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:24 pm
User Image User ImageChozi was ready - this was his one chance to keep his home. If this failed, he wasn't quite sure what would happen. Would they move? Would they starve and die? Chozi had children - they were young, and thin and starving. They couldn't survive this much longer, and Chozi would not let his children starve. If they only option was to dance, then dance he would. Dancing was what he knew, dancing was his craft and he could only hope the pride as a whole was enough to call a god that would reverse the curse that has been placed upon the land. This had to work, right? Chozi was desperate for this to work.

The dark-brown cheeton made his way to the preparations in the center of the lands. A group was soon to join here, and he was eager to begin. The sky was currently quite cloudless, so he could feel a seed of doubt anchor in his stomach. It made him nauseous with fear, but he was (almost) certain that it would disappear with the beginning of the dance. There wasn't a routine or anything, but he hoped the collective passion of the entire pride would be able to call to the gods as they prayed. It would work or it wouldn't, but there was only one way to find out!

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

nessiaing rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:12 pm
User Image

Kande came to the meeting ground already humming in her head. The young cheeton was thin, but happy. She knew that her father was always stressed about feeding her and her siblings. Kande and Alonya were the youngest of his broad.

She approached her father with a smile. Despite the fact that hunger was always a factor she felt like her dad had done a great job raising them. Even if they were hungry they were always happy. And they knew that Chozi loved him. She gave her bum a little wiggle dancing a bit.

"You ready for this daddy?" she asked. A smile on her face. Kande knew she was ready to get her grove on.

Total=1  
Painted Moose rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

The Tiegan joined the growing grouping with a bounce in her step. She had not eaten for many days now, preferring to give what was given to have to the young ones, her nieces and nephews specifically. Her dark fur barely covered her starved frame, but it had no effect on her spirits. Oh no! If Chozi believed this would help then Tiegan would follow his lead.

After all, she had seen it. Tiegan had a vision just a few days ago of her young niece dancing in rain, and now that she saw Kande, about to participate in the dance...Tiegan just smiled. Of course, she had a bigger gift for her brother; one even he wouldn't expect! "Come come, Tiegan wants to hurry and dance." She bounced ahead of an older lioness, one with a certain murderous air. "They won't say anything if you stay close to Tiegan."

"Oh, is that right?" Tikoto purred, smiling happily to Tiegan. The cheeton nodded fervently, and turned to close in on the group. The naturally emaciated lioness found herself fitting in with the crowd more so than usual, and that spoke of just how terrible the drought had affected this little pride. Their misery proud her nothing, but irritation. At first it had been enchanting, watching the suffering from afar, but as it had progressed Chozi had come to her less and less.

Now it was just an issue.

"Chozi! Kande!" Tiegan sang out. She skipped to her nieces side and wiggled her hips. "Tiegan is ready to shake it shake it! She can boogy woogy." Laughing, he motioned for Tikoto to come closer. "And she found Chozi's girlfriend! Oh-" she put a hand over her mouth and lowered her voice, though not by much, "-she'll keep that part a secret, though. Tiegan knew she would want to help and thought Chozi might like the company."

The darker lioness strode up to the smaller cheetons, and grinned, her fangs making her otherwise harmless smile uneasy. "I couldn't just stand by to watch you all suffer. If I can do something to help, then I'll dance too." Looking to Kande, Tikoto gasped, "My my, Chozi, you didn't tell me you had such a lovely daughter. Goodness girl, would you look at how brightly your eyes shine." She cooed pleasantly.

(Total = 3)

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 9:03 am
User Image

The past year with its drought had been particularly hard for Slausale. Even living among the pride of hybrids. She was super thin and her limp deeply pronounced as she made her way slowly to the meeting grounds. The cheetah had argued fiercely with herself that going would only cause some disaster. The dance would fail, or someone would break a leg. But she had to go. The whole pride did to show support. Somewhere deep inside, there was just a tiny tiny hope that this would work and bring rains.

She settled herself to the ground around the edge out of the way. With her limp, she couldn't dance. Slausale would have to leave it to others to call the rains. She sighed and watched.

User Image

In contrast, Zayul couldn't have been happier. Her feet barely touched the ground as she walked to the dancing grounds. The lithe dancer was in her element. She was looking forward to using her skills to actually help the pride. It felt many of the pride just looked upon her as a silly entertainer with a frivolous life who didn't do much work. Now was her time to shine.

She grinned broadly as she walked up to the group already gathering. "Are we going to start soon?" Zayul asked, though she supposed they needed to wait for the rest of the pride. Why was everyone so slow to get together?! She always wanted other to arrive quickly so she could start dancing, and with such a big pride it took longer than normal. She gave a practiced twirl to show her enthusiasm.

(Roll 1: 2

Total: 2)  
nessiaing rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:11 pm
Kande turned when her aunt called out her name and joined them. She smiled bright and shook her tail end along with her aunt. "Aunt Teigan!" She greeted "I'm ready to get down with it." she giggled.

Kande was surprised to see who Aunt Teigan quickly confirmed to be her dad's girlfriend. Kande had never met the lioness but she looked a great deal like some of her half siblings.

"Oh thank you. I am told they are one of the only things I got from my mom." Kande told her with a smile. Kande like most of her siblings was a spitting image of her dad.

"Are you here to dance with us?" she asked brightly.

Total= 6  

nessiaing

Zosie

Fashionable Bear

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:10 pm
User Image

Banbhan huffed gently as he hoisted his chubby frame up to the area where his father had suggested they meet. He wasn't really one for dancing... or moving in any way, really. He had become lazy and complacent as he neared adulthood, though he had a good heart and wanted to help. Trotting heavily, he nodded to his half-sister Kande with a smile before approaching his father. "I've come to help." The hybrid nodded, tufts of his pastel-coloured mane falling into his eyes gently. Or try - he thought. This would be the males first time dancing, and it was not something that he was looking forward to... The clan needed this though, and he looked to the sunny sky with hope.

((Hope it's okay for me to join in even though I'm involved, I wanted to RP Ban c: ))

nessiaing rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 6:55 am
Kande smiled when she saw her older half-brother approaching. Kande knew she had a large family some of who lived her in the colony with her, but only one was a full blooded sibling, and a cheetah at that. It still somewhat boggled Kande's mind that her full blooded sister was a different species to her yet so many of her half siblings were the same species. How the genetics worked was weird she guessed, she was happy to be here and in the end thats all that mattered.

She shimmied over to Ban "Big Brother" she called giggling. "Have you come to dance with me. I need a partner." She was being silly and having a great time at it. She shook her bottom a little humming her own beat to dance too.

Total= 14

Zosie

nessiaing

WolfLovingFlight rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)

WolfLovingFlight

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:10 pm
User Image
Shuffling some dirt under his whitened paws as the cheetah skidded to a stop, the lavender hued eyes of the male's blinked, wondering if he made it. He had heard of some kind of ritual that was to be done that involved dancing, which he wanted to try out. "I hope i'm not late for this." He told himself, trying to hold down his energy as well, which was not much of a problem till he'd get active again. The rogue cheetah was once a member of a pride himself, so he knew that pride-related problems, like a drought, would be a crazy situation. His eyes went around before he just stood there, seeing a cheetah, a lion, four leopons, and a leotah. The cheetah was a lifesaver for him from feeling awkward, but he now felt jumpy after coming out into another territory all of a sudden.

Total - 6

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 pm
Slausale

Everyone was so happy and chipper. Slausale wanted to tell them all they were idiots to be so cheery. She flicked her ears slightly back, but kept her mouth shut. More and more hybrids were showing up, of course it was a pride for hybrids run by hybrids. Some seemed to know each other well, or possibly been related. She watched the growing group from the corner of her eyes. Then something caught her eyes.

A male cheetah. He wasn't someone she recognized. Slausale debated inviting him over, but didn't want her bad luck to rub off onto him. He probably wouldn't like her anyhow. She guessed he might be a passing rogue, though why he'd help was beyond her. Still it was nice to see another cheetah.

Zayul

"I'd love to dance with you!" Dancing by herself was fun. Dancing with someone or someones was much better. Zayul grinned. She tried some fancy steps that let her drift sideways. Sometimes the best way to get things moving was just get up and do it. She waved her tail as another hybrid joined up. Some could be shy and didn't want to start. She never minded if she was first, middle, or dead last.

"Are we doing rounds, or perhaps all together?" Rounds could be hilarious when one tried to out dance another, but group dances with everyone brought everyone together. She loved it all. It was so hard to keep still. Every sigh of the wind, or call of a bird made her want to move.

(Roll 1: 2
Roll 2: 1
Total: 3)

nessiaing

WolfLovingFlight

magnadearel

belloblossom rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 11:25 pm
Kuruku Nyota

It was astrology that was Nyota's passion, for he was named for the stars, and yet he found interest in anything that revolved around the mysteries of the sky. A mystery such as being able to call rain from the heavens above, for example, intrigued him quite a bit. The rogue leopard had heard it through others. There were those within the Rougelands who had scoffed at the idea, while others thought it interesting enough to go to this pride's territory and investigate for himself.

When the yellow and blue leopard had arrived at the scene, he took it in with keen eyes. There was a group of hybrids among a cheetah and a lion, but it appeared that Nyota was the only leopard there. No matter, he had never been the type to judge based on breed, so into the fray he went, coming to stand next to a cheetah with a brown and pink coat and notable purple eyes. The reason he'd chosen this to be the first he approached was because this cheetah was standing on the sidelines. Perhaps he was a fellow rogue, like himself?

"I suspect you came from the Roguelands for the rain summoning dance as well." He remarked in friendly tone to the cheetah, once he had gotten within hearing distance, "Is this so?"

WolfLovingFlight

Total - 5  
WolfLovingFlight rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:52 am
User Image
His attention being caught by a Leopard of yellow and blue, he looked to it and smiled. The sound of his question could easily tell him that this one was a rogue as well. A nod to his question started, then his jaws began to part. "I am. With your question...Is it the same for you?" He asked within his answer, wondering what the other male's response would be. When he turned back to watch, he watched the others dancing, hoping to get a rythmn in order to get the right feel to do so.

The whole mass of felidae creatures was actually a bit soothing to him. He had been wandering ever since that day he had to give up his second name and his friends and family to the large world of being alone...He could do nothing but just run all over the lands and kick up the grass and earth. A feeling in him began to gnaw, wanting to get close to them, talk with them, and enjoy his time.

magnadearlel

belloblossom

Total - 16

WolfLovingFlight

Distinct Member

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:24 am
User Image

User Image

Chozi was quite pleased with the turnout of the event. He stood back a moment, observing each of those who had showed up at the gathering. There were a few rogues that had decided to join in, he noticed. He was quite pleased that there were so many here to help with their plight. He took a deep breath. Everything needed to come together! What else could they do afterwards?

Well, he had some ideas, but that was besides the point. They would try this first, and he prayed it would work as well as they had all hoped. He would observe for a second longer before joining in, making sure all those joining in began to dance before he did.

[Pride Total: 41]  
belloblossom rolled 1 10-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:21 pm
Kuruku Nyota

"It is. My curiosity was too grand to ignore such an event as this. If dancing really summons rain to fall from the sky, then I definitely wanted to be here to see it." Nyota said with a smile, his gaze directed up towards the sky. He was neither doubtful nor expectant, but at the moment it seemed as though it wouldn't rain that day, for there was not a cloud in the sky.

"I am Kuruku Nyota, but by all means, call me Nyota." He said suddenly, remembering his place and giving a slight bow of the head to the cheetah beside him. He did have a habit of getting distracted by the sky, but now that he looked at his cheetah companion and saw him watching those that had begun to dance, he realized that perhaps he ought to be watching those present, instead of the sky. With a smile, he suggested, "Shall we go and join the others? It shouldn't hurt, as we're all looking for a similar outcome of this event, right? I certainly don't think they'll chase us off at any rate."

WolfLovingFlight

Total - 9  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
nessiaing rolled 1 10-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-10)

nessiaing

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:18 pm
Kande giggled at Zayul, she turned from her family to move towards the other female hybrid. Excited that someone had volunteered to dance with her. "Yay I have a partner. Of course you can always join as well Ban." She told her older brother.

She moved towards the white Leotah, "Have you ever danced before, to be honest I don't have much of an idea what I am doing. I figure as long as a shake my butt around I am doing well." she said in a low whisper. She was happy to be here but she didn't want the others to know she had no idea really what she was up to.

magnadearel

Total= 17  
[IC] Koti Kaikille Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas