Welcome to Gaia! ::

Souls of Blood

Back to Guilds

vampires, Werewolves, Shifters, Fae, and other mystical beings in a post-apocalyptic world. 

Tags: Vampire, Demons, Action, Fantasy, Magic 

Reply Surface
Sanctuary of the Blades Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:25 pm
This was once Kael's Sanctuary, his home away from home, his place to keep all of his true secrets and where he could make his full plans for the future. Now it is called simply The Sanctuary. This is where Gypsy winds up by accident while going through Kael's maps, looking for a new place to call her own home, a place she can use as a base to start up her own mercenary company.

The place is set up perfectly for her needs already. There was a training area set up for all kinds of fighting, individual homes as well as formal barracks, servants quarters, eating hall, stables and kennels, holding areas for prisoners.

And then there was the main house.

That was set up very nicely, filled with every luxury that Kael could have wanted. All of that was stripped down and sold for good profit so Gypsy could get other things she would need, namely eating supplies and weapons as well as clothing and such.

The main house, she kept simple, what she preferred anyway. Areas like the ballroom or formal dining room were converted into quarters for officers.

Now, she just had to work on the recruiting....

Everything is finally set up. There's plenty of staff and housing, clothing, armor, weapons...

For a select few, the base provides true sanctuary. A place they can live in peace until it's safe for them to return home...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 2:44 pm
Dameon Black

DawnShadow666

TheHelmsman13

Silenced Nocturne

Gypsy and Morrigan appeared just outside the main house, at the foot of the stairs, the shadows falling away from them easily to reveal the entire base to the newest recruit. Gypsy gave her a moment to orient herself then gave a shrug of one shoulder, "As you can see, the base is perfect. I just have to clean out the main house," she stated simply and gestured over her shoulder with a thumb.

The inside of it was just as over-done as Gypsy had implied. One bathroom even had a tub made of pure silver-veined marble, just as an example.

It was bad enough that Gypsy had already set up a hammock for herself on the porch.

She turned and motioned for Morrigan to go on in, "Take a look. Pick out a room for yourself while you're at it," she added, electing to remain on the porch as she considered how, exactly, she was going to work on the recruiting.

So she took a seat on the porch railing as Morrigan went on inside.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:45 pm
User Image

He'd been detained in the Slave camp for little over a few days before he'd escaped. The Elf still had no idea of who he was or where he was going, only his name made sense to him. He was Kelethyril Ninthalor, and given how he'd escaped he was a superb warrior and assassin.

Kel had been wandering on the surface for the better part of a day, heading somewhere he'd never been but somehow knowing every step. If the Re's slavers were tracking him, they hadn't caught up to him yet. Blood slowly dripped onto the ground with every step he took, from an arrow in his shoulder and a gash on his side.

The Elf knew he could have done better with his escape. The guards had gotten lucky when one of them had hit him, but not that lucky. The blades he'd found had made sure of it. He wondered idly at how the sword and dagger weaved paths of blood and viscera so easily in his hands, though he had no memory of using them before.

Shaking his idle thoughts from his mind, Kel saw the outline of a building in the distance and struggled to move faster. His breathing became ragged and he looked to the gash on his side. It was deeper than he'd first thought and had definitely broken a rib, maybe even pierced his lung.

The building, now a house, was getting steadily closer. As the Elf neared the structure, he noticed someone sitting on the porch. Increasing his pace as much as he could, Kel raised his uninjured arm and called out. The wounded amnesiac hoped they could hear him or see him and struggled forward.

He finally closed with the house and fell to his knees a few meters from the porch and the woman sitting there. Kel knew that he had pushed himself too hard and wheezed hard as he tried to draw a ragged breath. The Elf's vision swam before him as he was moments from passing out from blood loss. Reaching out to the porch, he would fall on his face unless someone caught him.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 3:57 pm
TheHelmsman13

Gypsy managed to catch him before he landed on his face then turned him over and swore creatively under her breath as she frowned at his wounds. The arrow came out easily, if not painlessly. But once that was done she sealed the wounds with the only method she had on hand at the moment. She only hoped she didn't hurt him too bad.

She smashed one railing from the porch and put a section of it between his teeth before looking into his eyes with a frown, "Bite down. Hard. This is probably going to hurt. Alot," she told him simply then set her hands over his wounds, ignoring the scent of his blood as best as she could.

Once her hands were in place, she let loose with her Demon's Fire. Thankfully, the stuff could do alot of things: transportation, creating things, burning things, and sealing and healing bad wounds. She just wished she could use it on herself. Didn't work that way, though.

The fire burned like lava when she used it like this, but it was the only way to keep him from bleeding to death.

She ignored the sounds he made as she did it, knowing it had to be done. But once it was over, she removed her hands and nodded to see that the wounds were now healed skin. She only had one problem, though. What was she going to do with him now?  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

TheHelmsman13

Devoted Lunatic

4,800 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:29 pm
User Image

Kel screamed in agony as the Demon Flames burned and healed his torn torso. The wood she'd place in his mouth splintered and threatened to shatter along with the Elf's teeth. When his wounds were healed and the burning stopped, he fell limp before Gypsy.

Suddenly his eyes opened softly and stared up at her. They were pitch black, a rare trait among elves but not unheard of. It meant one of two things, he was either cursed by his ancestors or he was a blessed warrior of Shadow. Elves blessed by the Shadow were rare enough, but to see one was a blessing in itself as it meant you were to live. A target of the Shadow would never see the Elven Assassins coming.

However, back to the present. Kelethyril stared into Gypsy's eyes and just for a moment his irises seemed to glow an ice-toned blue. Reaching up, the Elf's black tipped fingers lightly grazed the woman's cheek.

"I knew where to go......I was needed.....And here I am...." He said softly, barely a whisper. It was obvious the Elf had no idea what he was saying and was severely dehydrated and suffering from blood loss.

As soon as he'd uttered those few words, the Elf's eyes returned to their pitch black color and he passed into the land of the unconscious. Gypsy would no doubt be confused by what she'd just heard and seen. There was nothing she could do about it now but get the man inside and help him recover from his now catatonic state.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:46 pm
TheHelmsman13

Gypsy sat back on her heels to stare at him for a moment in silence. She didn't know if she wanted to think about what she knew now. First Shade, now this one. One, she'd had to do on her own. This one, though, it seemed had done this on his own thanks to a promise made in the heat of the moment.

She gave a heavy sigh and looked up at the door to the main house, wondering if she should ask Morrigan if there was a room available or not. Okay, what she meant was cleaned out instead of available. But she found herself hesitating to say anything as her dark red eyes moved back down to the sleeping elf.

Why had he really come back? And like this? With no memory? What was she supposed to do with this?

She finally gave a heavy sigh and moved on into the building with the elf over her shoulders then dropped him into the first bed she found, hoping he'd forgive her for the garish blue coloration in the room, then left him to wake up on his own as she returned to clean up the mess on the porch. And the blood off of her hands...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 pm
User Image

Blank Jake

Jake had been wandering the waste for days. Searching for anything to kill this pain within his stomach, his throat and mouth. He had not even found so much as a creek, that wasn't filled with some form of toxin. He thought that maybe he was dead, and this was hell. Then he remembered that this would probably be too nice a comparison to the real thing.
Just as he began to loose hope. He spotted a building off in the distance, With what looked to be living beings walking about it. He watched as one fell to the ground. The scene between Gypsy and the Elf, little more than spects at the end of his vision. However he found something pulling at his insides. It was almost like something was pulling him towards the building.
At first the man slowed his pace to a stop, wishing to fight the unnatural urge to proceed to this building. Was he actually feeling something, or was had he completely lost his mind, he had lost his memories, so why not this too? After Gypsy had returned to clean the blood from the steps of the porch. Jake gave into the ever growing urge to run towards the structures before him. His feet picked up speed with a strength he had thought to have left him days ago. His boots thundered across the packed dirt beneath his feet.

Slowing to a walk as he approached the front porch of the large villa like structure. He advanced as far as the bottom steps, and then bent over to lean on his thighs, to catch his breath. After a few moments he looked up to the woman on the porch. " Do you have water?" His voice heavy with the oddest accent, a mixture of Irish and Russian. Though that would only be noticable once he could speak above a raspy whisper. Not waiting for an answer the man turned to flop down on the step.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:09 pm
DawnShadow666

A touch of shadow work and a leather pouch appeared on his chest filled with water. The stuff wasn't cold or even cool, but it wasn't hot either. Better for his system that it wasn't either temperature. But it was sweet and would taste perfect right about now.

Gypsy, meanwhile, simply sat where she was on the railing and watched the newcomer, vaguely wondering if she was being punished for some long past sin. First Jaeger's soul comes back to haunt her in the form of a shadow elf and now Shade was back as well.

Yep. She was being punished for something.

She finally shook her head a bit and cleared her throat once he'd finished drinking a bit and flopped back down again, "So... Who are you and why are you here? If you even know?" she asked him simply, her voice still carrying that emotionless cold that was nicely hidden by the pure musical beauty of her voice that came from her father's side of the family.

What was she going to do with him? Jaeger, the elf whatever his new name was, she could handle. He could be put into training to join her new merc company. But this one?

All she knew was that there would be complications if he ever got a hint of his memories as Shade back.

Besides, she had no idea that he'd been able to catch any of her scent back when she'd left him and was, incorrectly, assuming that she'd left her tracks untraceable once she'd finished dropping Shade into the boy. Now that they were one being, though, she was going to have to come up with a new way of thinking of him...

For now, though, she simply made a second, slightly cooler, pouch of water appear at his side. No sense in letting him die of dehydration after she'd saved his life to begin with...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:35 pm
User Image

Blank Jake

Jake flinched at the appearance of the pouch around his neck. He looked to her, and then back to the pouch. Deciding that poison was better than being eaten alive, he popped the pouch open and slowly drained it. He took several deep breaths as the pouch thumped against his chest, empty.
The man turned his head over his shoulder to look at her for several seconds. Turning his head back after a moment, to answer her. " My name's Jake..." He felt no need to tell her he had no memory other than his name. No need to convince the first living souls i meet, that I am some lunatic from the wastelands.
Jake began to relax when she created another water pouch. This magic thing was something he would have to get used to. " Thank you Miss..." He thanked her, as his mind came back around to her words. To be more exact it was the tone she used. The sound of her voice was sweet and musical, but there was a hard, steely, coldness underlining it. Then came that familiar scent. " Just my luck..." He thought to himself. He had gone from zombies to what he assumed was a Succubus. Jake took several more deep breaths, disguising them as merely catching of breath. All the while, he told himself he was fine. That if she had wanted him dead, he would be so. So then what was it?

"So... Who are you and why are you here? If you even know?"

She was somewhat frightened of him. This brought a right brow up in an arch., an act that didn't quite feel his own. He lifted the second pouch to take a few small swigs. Then chose to answer her second question. " I was just following my feet.....and any path that was not blocked by corpses." He reached back to remove his pack, revealing the hidden makeshift blades sheathed on his back. He coughed into his fist just as he sat his pack in his lap. " I have something of value..... Trade for a place to stay for the night? Don't need much, the floor is fine with me."
He then opened his pack, and sat the small welding torch and it's tank on the step next to him. With a sigh he began drinking from the pouch, awaiting her response.

Red Gypsy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:00 pm
DawnShadow666

Gypsy waited another moment, doing her best to ignore that eyebrow, then gave a shrug of one shoulder, "You're welcome to stay anyway. You can take up a room in the main house if you can handle the current color schemes. We're renovating right now. Alot. Or, you can pick one of the barracks buildings or one of the individual houses. There's alot of housing available right now. We're only just starting up," she told him simply then got to her feet and headed for the door to the main house but paused without opening it.

She really didn't want to go in there right now. She was afraid her eyes might melt.

Fine, change in location. She turned and headed for the stairs, "I need to check on the other buildings anyway. You're welcome to come along if you want to. There should be clothing and basic supplies in one room of each barracks building, if you're interested," she added then moved on down the steps, keeping her back to him and giving him a good look at her sword sheath at her back.

The rose vines in the black leather were once a soft bronze color but were now a dark antiqued color, as if it had been exposed to air for a long time. But it was simply a mark of her sealing her emotions away. As was the fact that her sword no longer carried an emerald in the pommel. No, it now carried a ruby so dark that it might have been mistaken for obsidian...

Everything about her would now blend in nicely with the shadows but for her pale skin.

Of course, the saving grace for him was probably the fact that she was ignoring him as much as she could. Probably for the best. It wasn't helping her much that she could still smell Jaeger's blood on the porch even though she'd cleaned it up.

She was going to have to feed soon or she was going to be dangerous. a growing problem that she found vastly annoying...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:11 pm
DawnShadow666

TheHelmsman13

Red Gypsy

Morrigan
Morrigan managed to find herself a room and got it cleared out. She set everything up and then decided to clear out a few others, deciding that it may be a good idea to have a few extra rooms ready. It didn't take her long to get done. She walked back outside to the porch to tell Gypsy and was durprised to see two men who hadn't been there before. She looked for Gypsy and noticed her walking down the steps. Instead of running to catch up, she simply teleported to her side and walked next to her. "I chose my room and cleared out a few others," she said simply, not really saying anything else.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:28 pm
Dameon Black

Gypsy gave her a nod, impressed with her abilities so far, "Good. We've got an elf in one of the other rooms that will probably be taking up one of the ones you've cleaned out. It was the first one I found. Unfortunately, in the worst shades of blue I've ever seen," she shuddered at the memory of that room but continued to move along towards the individual small houses first.

"The other one may take up a room, he may not. He can stay for as long as he wants to, though, just let him have his space for a bit," she gave basics for Jake, reminding herself to remember that name, "His name is Jake. I don't know about the other one yet,' she added then considered the line of small houses for a moment before continuing on to the barracks.

"I'm checking things over out here. I'll be back up to the house shortly. Keep an eye out for any basic servant types who show up. Kael worked up alot of bindings on his properties and that happened to be one of them. There should be help to clean out the house and someone to take over the cooking, at the very least, by the time I get back up to the main house," she explained then paused as she looked back up at the house.

A bit of explanation was going to be needed, apparently, but not something she actually wanted to say. She did it anyway, "I'm having a bit of trouble with my vampire side right now. The elf showed up bleeding and I healed up his wounds the hard way. He might not like me too much when he wakes up. But it's put a bit of a strain on my control right now. I'll be up there when I've got it back under control, alright?" she told her softly, opening up with her as she'd taken to doing over this particular issue.

Of course, there was one issue Gypsy never talked about. To anyone. Her demonic side and what it wanted. Oh no... That had been Jaeger's thing to help her with... But he was dead now, his soul now inhabiting a shadow elf. She'd been able to tell just from the scent of his blood. Add to that the words and the strange eye thing and it was sealed for her.

But she was just going to have to work on her control a bit more for now. Maybe there'd be some blood donors showing up soon... She could hope, after all...  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Dameon Black
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:02 pm
DawnShadow666

TheHelmsman13

Red Gypsy

User Image
Lin
Lin staggered toward Gypsy's new stronghold. She was dazed and confused, and blood was pouring from her nose, her ears, and even her eyes. She'd started to become unstable before the battle, so Gin had handed her a syringe full of something to stabilize her and told her to head back to the base so he could look at her later. She hadn't gotten very far before everything had gone wrong with Gin's device. She had started running blindly, forgetting about the syringe in her hand.

She stopped and began to cough violently, coughing up blood. That was when she noticed the syringe again. Before she got a chance to use it, she collapsed, dropping the syringe and almost blacking out. She tried to reach for it, but she couldn't quite move her arm anymore. Anyone looking on would probably be confused about what was going on, but it was obvious that the syringe was something she desperately needed.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:00 pm
User Image

Blank Jake

Jake gave a quick nod at her information. Looking around the compound at his many choices. He was unsure how close to the others he actually wanted to be. The red haired woman smelled of demons, and the other just walked up next to him, only to teleport to Gypsy's side. This place was suspicious, yet it was better than out there among the dead. So with a shrug he made his choice. He left the welding kit on the steps, and made his way towards one of the singular houses.

Jake entered the small housing unit. I was dusty within, though most of the furniture was covered by sheets. He hung his pack on a coat rack, as he made his way into the main room of the unit. He began pulling sheets, and rolling them up, as he advanced through the house. IN the next hour he would have finished uncovering everything, and even cleaning the unit out. He had managed to find cleaning supplies in a closet just off the main room. The others of the compound would see him occasionally sweeping dirt out into the yard. So it was no surprise that he missed the newly arrived female. Due to the fact that he was human, he was unable to catch scents as he had in his past life, there would be nothing to draw him out to help her.
Once he had cleaned the place out. He sat about cleaning himself up.
Jake stepped out into the main rooms, toweling his hair dry as he went. He was nude at the moment, but was working on finding clothing within the house. To his surprise he found light studded leather armor, as well as denim jeans, and standard tunic style shirts. He chose to pull on a pair of black jeans, and a soft brown tunic. He even found a pack of cigarettes in an end table by his bed. These he took with him, along with a box of matches outside to take a seat in the rocking chair on the small porch. Once he took his seat, he rested one bare foot on the opposite knee, and lit himself a smoke. Here he fell into deep thought as he smoked his cancerous stick.

Dameon Black

Red Gypsy

TheHelmsmen13

Deactivated321

Fiendish Curse

5,025 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Millionaire 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 10:16 pm
Dameon Black

Gypsy was passing by the housing unit that Jake had apparently claimed when she noticed the body in the distance and gave a heavy sigh, one hand to her head as she briefly fought off a headache. Another invalid... So far, the only useful ones she had were herself and Morrigan...

Thankfully Morrigan had understood her needing to move off by herself for a bit...

She shook her head and moved on out to the body, finding another female that she almost recognized from the Re base. But it had only been a brief encounter, so the image hadn't stuck too well. Fine...

She scooped up the girl and her syringe into her arms and easily carried her back towards the base, knowing that the safest place for her would be in the main house. So she headed in that direction, giving Jake a simple nod as she passed by him again.

Once inside the main house, she noted that Morrigan apparently had help now in the form of a robed servant (a remnant of Kael's she guessed) who was currently working to clean out yet another bedroom. Fine with her.

She simply moved on to one of the ones that had been cleaned out already and put the girl on the bed (thankfully now done in a muted brown of sorts) then assessed the syringe. One of Gin's, then.

Fine, when it came to his creations and alterations, he knew what he was doing. For the most part.

So Gypsy found a vein in the girl's arm and injected the stuff then pulled a cover over her and directed a second robed female to take care of anything the girl would need when she woke up.

That was done. Fine. Morrigan would find the girl when she woke up and assess her as a possible recruit.

So Gypsy checked on the elf, still knocked out, then headed back out to check on the training area.

She really didn't need to find anyone else injured or hurt. She needed to feed badly and all the bleeding was starting to hit her instincts hard...  
Surface

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 36 37 38 39 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff