[Generosity] A Specialty Drink [Lav / D&G][Fin]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:49 am

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Lavender Lemon was feeling uninspired, all the drinks she made just seemed... boring. What could you even make with just fruit juices and soda? Sunset mocktails? Shirley Temples? She sighed, stirring grenadine and sugar into a glass of cherry flavored soda. She hoped someone would come and order something fun (that she was allowed to make, heh) so she wouldn't be so bored!

Glancing around, she heard only the white noise of customer chatter and plates clinking. The same old. Lav starting organizing straws behind the bar counter, wondering how many they even had at the bar.

Suddenly, the sound of the door opening drew her attention, and Lav flew to look over the counter at the newcomer to the restaurant.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Today had been a abnormally stressful day for Doom and Gloom, just enough for her to venture into Cloud Nine on a non-stormy day. The hustle and bustle of Phonies enjoying the dreadful sunny day was almost enough to make the gloomy Phony turn around and leave but the thought of having a nice stiff drink to relax her tired body was enough to keep her going.

Pausing outside one of the shop, she glanced inside. This was a drink shop owned by one of Banana Creme's many relatives if she wasn't mistaken, and if they were anything like Banana Creme they'd be more than bearable to be around. Pushing the door open, she looked around. There were a few Phony customers here but not enough to make Doom and Gloom decide to go somewhere else. She just hoped they'd keep to themselves because she was not in the mood after a day of dealing with her faulty old Meteorology equipment. She really needed to ask for an upgrade on some of the older equipment but, that was a problem for another time.

Turning her attention to the counter, she groaned. Of all the days she had to come here it was the day they let a little snot-nosed brat take the orders. Not wanting to deal with kids at all today, she turned to leave. Why were they letting kids serve alcoholic drinks anyways...did the child labor laws for that change or something?

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2015 5:44 pm

A customer! Or at least a potential one! Lavender Lemon was ecstatic. Finally she'd get the chance to do something, at least, that's what she thought. Until the phony at the door turned to leave.

"Hey! Wait! Pleeeeeease don't go," Lav said, flying up closer to the pretty mare. "Don't, I can get you a drink! Well, not one with alcohol or anything but I make lots of cool stuff that's just as good, really! What would you like?" she says, already brimming with ideas. The mare was so... cloudy looking. Her hair was like cotton candy. Maybe she wanted a really sweet drink with pastel colors like that? Well, they were pretty muted to be pastel, but she could think of so many ideas all of a sudden. Maybe something stormy, like her cutiemark.

"I'm Lavender Lemon, please have a seat at the bar, okay?"
she said, flying back to her spot behind the counter, bouncing excitedly. "You can call me Lav! Or whatever you want, I guess. I'm not really all that picky," she decided, grinning at her would-be customer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 am
An overly enthusiastic kid, what could be worse. Still she was offering drinks, even if they weren't alcoholic something bitter would be great about now. Doom and Gloom took note of the little filly's leg bands and her striped hair. She had to be related to Banana Creme in some way and if she could get in good with her family, that was even better! Even if it meant putting up with an annoying kid.

"Okay...okay you can make me a drink." she said turning around and making her way back over to the bar. "...Just make sure it's bitter...I've had an exhausting day and I'm not in the mood for any of that sweet garbage!" She sighed hoping this child could at least get that much right but, she wasn't expecting much coming from this kid.

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:39 pm

Lavender Lemon eagerly went back behind the counter, trying to think of the perfect drink for this grumpy adult! Bitter... would be a difficult flavor to get with non-alcoholic drinks, probably. Most of them were sweet... or sour. But just looking at her, she felt inspired. She went over to where she was keeping her boba supplies. Maybe something with these...

She filled the bottom of the glass with tapioca pearls and ice, and added some black coffee to the glass, and then some cooled chai tea, making a cool cream colored gradient. Lav swirled some black raspberry syrup and some regular raspberry syrups into the drink, not enough to really sweeten it but just to add some dark purple and red swirling.

The small pegasus didn't think the drink was quite done yet though. It needed a garnish fitting the drink! She looked through some of the things her uncle and mom had at the bar and found some black licorice. How perfect! A nice bitter tasting candy. She placed it in and looked at her wonderful mocktail.

She put the drink up on the bar and slid it to the mare. "Sorry for the wait. I call it - The Storm Queen!" Lav said with a cheeky grin. "It'd probably taste good hot too, but this one is iced," she explained, looking up to the mare excitedly to see her reaction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:06 am
Doom and Gloom tapped her hoof as she waited for the little Phony. She certainly looked like she knew what she was doing flitting around behind the counter gathering her ingredients. Her mom must have taught her well. The pessimistic Phony even found her somewhat less annoying watching her do this. Maybe all the Phonies in Banana Creme's family weren't that bad or maybe Doom and Gloom was just softening up. Either way the purple Phony was enjoying her time here just a tad bit more than normal.

Watching Lav finish up Doom and Gloom was eager to try the drink. It looked appetizing and the little Phony had definitely put thought into what she needed to do to make it colored like her. She gave a sight smile upon hearing the name of the drink before taking it in between her hooves and taking a sip. It was sweet but, not too sweet. The licorice and black coffee counteracted that perfectly and the bobas were a nice touch, she liked their texture.

Not stopping to give her critique until she had finished off the whole thing, Doom and Gloom nodded, setting down the glass. A hint of a smile crossed her face before she said simply, "Well....you sure know what you're doing kid....it was....delicious!"

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:40 pm

Lavender Lemon beamed as her customer drank and at last complimented her. Even a big grumpy storm cloud like this mare liked it! She knew she was good, after all, her family always praised her, but everyone knows family isn't exactly an unbiased source.

"Yes! I knew you'd like it. Even though I don't really know you. But I am pretty good with this stuff. I bet my cutie mark will be a cool drink too, like, food marks run in the family and all," she said excitedly. "I think The Storm Queen was one of my best drinks!"

Suddenly a thought occurs to Lav, and she leans in closer to her customer with a huge grin. "Oh! I just decided! You don't need to pay me, consider it on the house, okay? Because I was totally out of drink ideas before you walked in, and now I have a lot of them!" she never thought of putting boba in an iced coffee before, and now it seemed obvious. Her wings flapped excitedly, already building up a menu she could use...

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2015 2:53 pm
Doom and Gloom let out a small, dry chuckle. She had to admit she liked this little filly's enthusiasm. She reminded the grumpy mare of herself back when she was just a filly discovering Meteorology.

"...I have to say...this is the best drink I've ever had...! I would...certainly come back to get another...if you're ever bored that is..." She gave a small smile when Lav said the drink was on the house. You could tell she hadn't smiled much in the past, she was probably forcing it just a bit but, it was genuine at least. "...Let me know if you...make any new drinks...I'm Doom and Gloom by the way...I'll definitely be stopping back in her for more...so you better have some more drinks for me...!"

Yunonia

Obsessive Lover

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2015 8:05 pm

"Of course, Doom and Gloom! You're welcome to a drink from me anytime!" She could make even this grumpy storm cloud of a phony smile with her drinks, and especially with a bit of generosity... She'd remember that for sure.

[[Fin]]

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff