Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:59 pm
User Image

Opens: 01/11/15
Closes: 01/25/15 @ 10 PM EST

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:03 pm
Rules & General Info:

• Be good sports, win or lose!
• You may enter for all, you may only win one.
• They belong to the Jini-msemi pride
• I'd like them to stay in the pride to adulthood.
• There is no naming theme! Both parents' names are Indian in origin, but that's not too important. Remember the Swampie's rules that baby names are typically short & sweet and names after their name quest are the longer ones.
• It's assumed they'll be hunter/huntresses unless you say otherwise.
• The red head is for people with no lined swampies (male or female).
• They were colored by Saffy.  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:47 pm
Family:

User Image

Father : Paropakari (Indian, Altruistic) : Owned by me
Came around the pride during the queen's games, leaving behind no family or friends from his roguing, the pride interested him and he thought that at the beginning of their inhabitance of the mountains would be a great time to settle in, just like everyone else. He came across Gopala when she had fainted at a spring. They grew quite fond of one another as she grew sicker and sicker, and he took her to a healer, who, after thinking her dead, revived his love & they became mates.

Mother : Gopala (Cow protector, Hindi/Sanskrit) : Owned by me
A little mean, a little full of herself, she was spoiled by very loving parents. A daddy's girl, and a mommy's girl. She was always nice to her siblings, though, because they could tell on her and she doesn't want that, no sir. She's got a rebellious streak, as long as she could avoid trouble.

She used to make friends with males, and usually gave them whatever they wanted, because in return she gets their attention and favors. But she grew to want more. Real love. A family. She drank water from a spring rumored to hold a love potion, however it was tainted by poisonous plants. Paropakari saved her life, and after becoming mates, they decided to have a litter. They never expected it to be so big, though!

Brother : Dhikkara (Curse, Hindi) : Owned by me

Brother : : Owned by Safia

Brother : Sui : Dulcea
Sui is one of the smaller cubs in the litter, always a little overshadowed by his many siblings. While he will of course get stronger with age he will always have a fairly delicate personality. By the time he reaches his pilgrimage I imagine him having a big internal struggle about whether or not he will be able to make it home, and whether he should even try in the first place. But ultimately he knows he has to go and return to not disappoint his family. He's going to encounter a lot of trouble in the roguelands, and follow in his mother's footsteps of nearly getting himself killed, but will return with a strong partner at his side completing the cycle of strong lasting love.

Brother : Hekaya (Fable, Lore then Kisa Kipa (Lorekeeper)) : Owned by Nerpin
He's a dreamer and a lover of stories - basically a sponge for knowledge - but very quiet and to himself. He'll get used to being sort of wash away in the hoard of cubs. As he grows up and goes on his pilgrimage, he's going to become an avatar of the God of Inspiration, and will return to his home in the mountains as a storykeeper, learning the Lore so he could feed it back to the God C:

Brother : Pratibha : Cajanic

Sister : : Owned by Meepfur

Sister : Bhaya (dread) : Owned by me

Sister : Kali (Hot, Swahili) : Owned by Ecavi  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Looking for Homes
User Image

Little Red Head : Naming & Personality Contest :
Line newbies only!

Form:
[color=orange][size=18]Like sunshine on a bad day![/size][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Cub's Names:[/b]
[b]Meanings:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]

Teal Trouble : RP Contest :

Prompt:
You stick out pretty strongly from your family, that sea of orange and cream and white. At least Gopala never makes the mistake of grooming you twice, but you have a harder time blaming any trouble you get in on another sibling. How do you feel about looking so different from your family?

Form:
[color=teal][size=18]Like Sunlight on Water![/size][/color]
[b]Prompt response: [/b]

First Born : RP Contest :

Prompt:
Well, mom Gopala doesn't really remember what order you all were born in, but poppa Paro swears you were the first born. That puts a lot of responsibility on your head, lil guy! How do you feel about it? Do you embrace being the leader of your own little pride (not that your siblings probably listen), or do you resist the burden? Do you try to convince dad Bhaya was the first born? Easy mistake, you're both orange with green manes!

Form:
[color=limegreen][size=18]Everyone looks up to me![/size][/color]
[b]Prompt response:[/b]

A Lot Like Daddy : RP Contest :

Prompt:
One day you’ll have to leave your home on the mountain to seek your name in the world. What do you think about it? Will you seek advice from older lions and former rogues, or will you just go and find whatever’s out there?

Form:
[color=goldenrod][size=18]I'm his mini-me![/size][/color]
[b]Prompt response: [/b]

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:15 pm
Entires:

Little Red Head :
Belloblossom
musicaloner7
khit khat
Mewsings of An Angel
~Twilight...Angel~
Lollipop x L u x u r y

Teal Trouble :
Kathryn Dragonna
SilverLutz
Tanakako
Belloblossom
mouselet
Sabra Knight
Lollipop x L u x u r y

First Born :
Neon Fly
bullterrierlove
Lollipop x L u x u r y

A lot like Daddy :
SilverLutz
mouselet
Conrad the Mighty  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:45 pm
heart OPEN! heart
Have any questions? Ask away!

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:59 pm
Like Sunlight on Water!
Username: Kathryn Dragonna
Cub's Names: Adrika-Anupa
Meanings: Celestrial Pond (Hindu)
Personality: Adrika will be an introverted cub. She will interact with family, especially her parents, but will spend a lot of time thinking. She wants to stick out in a good way since she cannot help but do so in coloration. She will find out young that trouble is not the way to get attention, and she will take it the heart. As she gets older she will become a very outgoing lioness, trying to help others and do whatever she can to be the best lioness ever. She will even pick her mate in order to make her parents proud, looking for another just as helpful and kind as herself.
Prompt response: Adrika wanted more of her parents' attention. The others didn't know how lucky they were to look like mom and dad. Their parents never said it but, Adrika was sure they must love the other ones more. How could they not? The others were so pretty and looked like they belonged. Adrika did not feel she looked like she belonged at all, and how did she get so much blue? Blue wasn't ugly, but it wasn't nearly as pretty as the orange, green and white on her siblings. She wanted to be the best, to earn all the attention she could. There were SO many siblings to share the attention and she was sure there had to be some way to get it all on her.

About the only time she felt she got more attention was when she was getting into trouble. She did not like the attention she got then, so she had to wrack her little brain for another way to get the spotlight on her. She did not want to be punished again. She had tried that route a few times, pushing siblings out of the way or running off so they would miss her. It had not ended well in either case. She had not realized just how fast her parents could move! And they had been so upset over her being mean to her siblings and taking off. She was going to have to put a lot of thought into how to get their attention in a better manner.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:26 pm
Like Sunlight on Water!
Username: SilverLutz
Cub's Names: Maji | Tufani
Meanings: Water | Hurricane, Storm
Personality: Maji is one heck of a lioness. She's headstrong and likes to stand out, which works out nicely since she's so different in appearance from her family. She's the type to do something just because she was told not to do it or because everyone else is doing something else. Maji could be labeled a trouble maker by some, but she really just wants everyone's attention and sometimes the best way to do that is to chomp on someone's tail or pounce an unsuspecting passerby. When she gets older not much will change. She'll be a force to be reckoned with, but will make a loyal and fun friend. You'll never be bored with her around, that's for sure!
Prompt response: Maji licked her lips free of the coconut meat that she had just eaten. Coconuts were pretty good for a funny looking plant, she had to admit, and the watery stuff was to die for! The only problem with her snack was that in the process of shaking down the large fruits, one of them had fallen directly on one of her siblings. The alarm had been sounded almost instantly and she decided there was no use in running away, not when her prize was right there in front of her.

Besides, she reasoned with herself as she picked some of the coconut from between her teeth with a claw, she was always in trouble for one thing or another. What would it matter if this time she dropped a coconut on one of her brothers? Eesh, at least he hadn't been squished! Despite always getting the blame for her tricks, Maji liked the attention it made her mother and father pay her. She had a lot of siblings and, even though she was teal and they were mostly sunshine colors, sometimes it was hard to stick out.

Maji liked being blue and teal, though. She liked that when they went somewhere as a family she was the one that was most easy to pick out of the crowd. It also meant she couldn't blame things on her siblings, but that wasn't really her game. She took full responsibility for her actions because hey...she wasn't going to let Sui or Kali or anyone else get the credit for her awesome tricks!

I'm his mini-me!
Username: SilverLutz
Cub's Names: Sawa | Peponi
Meanings: Similar | Paradise
Personality: Sawa may be like her dad in appearance, but she's definitely got her own personality. She's a little strange and enjoys playing with plants, talking to them and falling silent as if they speak back to her. She loves her family very much but enjoys being on her own, liking the stillness and the silence it has to offer. When she grows she'll have a very deep connection with the spirits that are all around her, speaking to them in hushed tones. She'll learn not to do so in front of others and will be a very poised and graceful young lady. She'll still enjoy going off on her own to communicate with the spirits, but does so only when she knows no one is looking for her. Being found talking to plants as a cub can be laughed off, but as an adult? That's even a little strange for the spirit-focused pride.
Prompt response: Sawa glanced over her shoulder as the last of her siblings wandered off, leaving her alone. It was nice that when she got very quiet they all seemed to miss her, and left her even though she was in plain sight. Most cubs might be sad about this, but Sawa was very glad for it. It allowed her to talk to her plant friends more often, because her plant friends weren't very talkative when others were around.

She moved over to the closest bush and sat down beside it, grinning from ear to ear as the wind made it whisper to her. "Oh yes, it's nice to see you too," she said happily, reaching out to bat at a leaf. She giggled to a reply only she could ear and nodded. "Mhm! When I'm big, I'll have to go away from here, but I'll come back," she promised the plant happily. "I'll have a new name then! Isn't that nice?"

Turning back to her stomach, she tilted her head in though. "Oh...well...it's important to learn a lot before you go out so you won't get hurt. I'll ask my daddy how to hunt. He lived out in the rogue lands you know! And my mom knows how to say things to make people nice, so I'll ask her about that, too. But my name...well...there's bound to be other plants out there, right? I bet I could ask them to help me pick a new one!"

She laughed after a few moments of silence and leaned in to nuzzle the leaf. "Oh, that's a silly idea. I can't name myself plant...but it is a very good name for you, so don't worry about that." She knew she'd call on the spirits to help her with her name, although she'd look to the lions in her pride for survival techniques and for what hey had done during their time in the rogue lands. She wanted to find the right plant or rock or tree that would help her pick her adult name, after all! She might have to go for a long time to find it.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Neon Fly

Tipsy Hellraiser

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:10 pm
Everyone looks up to me!
Username: Neon Fly
Cub's Names: Gembala // Future Name Uncertain
Meanings: Indonesian; Shepherd
Personality: Gem is a little bit.... OCD, but only when it comes to his family! Being the oldest he has become the self-appointed guardian of his siblings and he takes this job very seriously. A little too seriously. It is so important to him that he know where his siblings are at all times that he will become quite frantic if he can't locate one. He's definitely the ideal eldest, striving to protect and care for his younger siblings, but with so many this is a monumental task! He works hard to appear strong and put on a brave face for his family, but underneath it all he's actually a little fragile and his concern for his siblings can be draining.
Prompt response: One.. two.. three.. four.. five.. six.. seven-- Gembala counted the familiar heads under his breath, identifying each one as his eyes passed over them the same way he had as his siblings had filed into the den for the evening. Sleep had quickly become the cub's favorite family activity, not because of the rest or the quiet, but rather when surrounded by the warmth of so many bodies Gem felt at ease. Actually, it was the only time when a frequently tense little frame could finally relax and the exhaustion of keeping track of such a huge litter hit him full force.

Even now, as he tried to finish his final count to be sure everyone had made it home safe and sound, ruby eyes drooped with the heavy demand of slumber. Throughout the day he spent his hours watching over his kin, herding them and trying to keep each one within immediate eye-shot of himself, but it was a daunting task! Gem was all too happy to oblige them in any games and adventures they wished to take part in as long as he could coax them to all do it together. An appeal that was far more complicated than it sounded. Even if he could figure out a way to make sure that all their desires were being met in one giant list of events there was always the off chance that two or more of his sisters and brothers weren't getting along that day and had no desire to be that close to one another.

Sometimes it was a battle that couldn't be won and then Gembala was stuck attempting to keep himself in range of the separated groups just in case one or the other got themselves into trouble and needed to be rescued. Ultimately, he was the shepherd though and to be physically incapable of keeping the group from wandering off on their own in as many different directions as there were cubs caused his chest to tighten with anxiety. Just the thought of it made it hard for Gem to breathe. Combating the claustrophobic panic attack by climbing over several other bodies until he was lost amidst the nest of cream and white pelts, accented by other assorted, tropical colors, Gembala sighed.

No one had ever said being the first born of twelve would be easy or even that the oldest had to be the one to tend the flock--in fact, there was some dispute over whether or not he even was the first born--but playing shepherd to his siblings was a role Gem had fallen into naturally. Whether or not any of the others were up to the task or not was entirely inconsequential. He could no more change his innate impulses than any of his brethren could change theirs. Guardian of his siblings he would remain and he supposed that keeping after them wasn't so bad. A small smile curling his pale maw as he pushed Bhaya's twitching paw gently out of Pratibha's face, not that he seemed to mind with an every present dopey grin upon his lips even in his sleep. As far as family went, he could have done worse.. head resting lightly upon Sui's back as he settled into the inviting warmth of piled bodies. About to drift off into the embrace of unconsciousness when his eyes popped open again, round and wide. Just one more count.. to be sure.

One.. two.. three... four---

( And some extra info! )
Distract Me from My Anxiety; I imagine this will be pretty difficult to do given his almost compulsive obsession with trying to constantly herd his siblings, but it'd be cool for him to find at least one friend who can completely immerse him in their presence and allow him to relinquish his need to always be around his siblings and sure that they're safe and together. This will definitely be needed as they all get older and are pulling him in 11 different directions. I'm thinking said friend(s) would probably have to be a disaster waiting to happen in their own right or just so uniquely interesting/bizarre that he is capable of being temporarily distracted by them.

Shepherd to the Flock; Being a Guardian suits him perfectly considering he's already the little guardian of his own family, this might be able to be combined with the above plot idea, but I'd like him to transfer his protective/guardian nature towards his siblings and learn to apply it to the entire pride. I feel that his anxiety would be lessened if he had the knowledge that that there are other guardians to help keep his family and everyone in the pride safe and that it isn't just a burden for his shoulders alone, though conversely he would definitely chastise Guardians that he didn't feel were doing their job well enough. xD

Running the Gauntlet; For way later on an ongoing plot, but I'd love for him to meet all eleven of his siblings's future mates before they make it official... even if they happen to leave the pride (though that would probably kill him) he will track them down to check out their guy/gal before they settle down. Being protective of his family by nature, he'll definitely want to make sure that their future mate fits the bill. I'll probably get him a familiar or two to help with the task of keeping track of any siblings who leave the pride, as well as the ones still inside it.

Who am I?; Once the time begins to draw near for he and his siblings to go out on their pilgrimage, Gem is likely to become a wreck. Imagining his brothers and sisters out alone in the roguelands is bound to keep him awake at night and when the day comes for them to all set out it's going to be a hard thing for him to handle. I could see him being so distracted by his siblings that he forgets to to seek out his own name and along the way realizing that he doesn't know anything about himself. That all he has ever been is a shepherd to his siblings... is that really all he is? Or is there in fact more? His pilgrimage will be a struggle to understand himself and to come to terms with growing up and allowing his siblings to follow their own destiny without trying to reel them in because sheltering them too much is as harmful as not sheltering them at all.

I'm his mini-me!
Username: Neon Fly
Cub's Names: Pencari // To be Decided
Meanings: Indonesian; Seeker // To Be Decided
Personality:Exceedingly curious about the mark she shares with her father. Adventurous and lively. While there may be some occasional angst over living in such a huge family and having a hard time standing out in the crowd, she makes her mark by being independent and self reliant. Pecari will often wander off on her own to explore, eager to return with all sorts of wild tales to share with anyone who will listen--or sometimes pinning them down and forcing them to listen if they won't do so willingly--especially Hekaya.

Prompt response: In a litter of twelve sometimes it was difficult to be noticed. Everyone seemed to need some identifying factor that would make them stand out. Some of Pencari's siblings had an easier time finding things about themselves that made them uniquely individual than others. Her teal sister was one of those crown jewels. Unlike anyone else. Sometimes Pen envied her. The thing that she had chosen so desperately to latch onto was the marking she shared with her father. Sure, one of her other siblings had it too, but Pencari had decided that she would own it.

Staring out into the distance from her perch on a small mountain ledge she could just make out the tumultuous colors of the roguelands. Some day, when she was big enough to venture out on her own she would search for the meaning behind the marking she had inherited from her father. Certainly it was out there somewhere. When she understood what it was entirely, then it would be hers alone, but until then she would keep her intentions a closely guarded secret. If others gave her the answers she sought then she would never be able to claim them as her own. Her understanding would not be hard won through determination and self-discovery.

If she didn't do it on her own, she would never be an individual.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:45 am
Like Sunlight on Water!
Username: Tanakako
Cub's Names: Kasi [Adult: possibly 'Kailashi' ]
Meanings: Variant spelling of Hindi Kashi, meaning "shining" or "the luminous one." Named for her brilliant coloured pelt and vibrant personality. [Adult: Hindi - derived from the word kailasa, meaning "crystal." The Tibetan name for the mountain is Gang Rinpoche, meaning "precious jewel of snows."]
Personality: Being the most obvious one of the litter can be both a curse and a blessing. She may not be able to pin her mistakes on her siblings, but equally when she is the innocent party she never has to take misplaced blame. Her colouring makes her stand out even among the other pride members, not just her family, and she adores the attention her striking coat brings her. She is pretty and she certainly knows it, loving to preen for her parents and anyone else who looks favourably on her. This is not to say she is exactly vain, because she is equally excited to get muddy and messy like any cub. She just loves attention whether if it comes by her looks or her actions, and she is happiest in the center of it. She is a true wild child and a regular tomboy, always testing the boundaries and the patience of her parents. Keeping track of her is like trying to follow a turquoise tornado in cub form. But as much as she loves life and lives it to the fullest of her abilities, she has as big a heart and as endless an amount of love as she does energy and absolutely adores her family. Make a friend of her and she is your friend for life, and she will defend you against all-commers, verbally and physically. She has certainly never been a wallflower.
Prompt response: Yawning hugely she wiggles and squirms her way out of the sleep-pile of all her many siblings. It was a brand new day and she was determined to get a head start on it! Once finally managing to pull herself free of the pile of squishy fur and limbs, tumbling head-first out of the den in the process, she jumps up and surveys the immediate area. Almost instantly she spots two cubs, creamy tan in colour, the boy with a shock of bright red hair. Tilting her head curiously she pads over.

"Hi there. Who are you guys?" She thought they looked familiar but wasn't entirely sure where she had seen them. The girl turned and blinked at her, but possessed a friendly smile in greeting. "Hi! I'm Flicka, and this is my brother, Rasui." The boy had turned around as he was being named and grinned at Kasi. His mismatched eyes bright with mischief.

"We know who you are. Man you really are Green." The cub named Rasui grinned. having spoken none too quietly.

Grinning in return at being recognised even without introducing herself, though granted they probably knew her family as they had been stood right outside the den... "Who am I then?" She asked, a touch of playful challenge to her voice. Both cubs chirped in reply together. "Kasi!" Their sing-song call making her laugh, pleased. "Of course I am! Wana play tag!?" She looked expectantly between the two siblings and once she received identical nods of agreement, she grinned darkly. "I'm tag!" With high-pitched squeels the two cream cubs turned and fled, leaving the grinning Kasi stood still if only for a moment. "HERE I COME!" Crying out as loud as she could she charged after them, swift paws flying over the rocky ground as she chased them this way and that madly. Their childish laughter light and happy on the morning breeze with cries of 'Tag' and 'You're It!' scattering among the trees.  

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:59 am
Neon Fly

Fine by me!  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:10 pm
Like sunshine on a bad day!
Username: Belloblossom
Like sunshine on a bad day!
Cub's Names: Fo̱tiá
Meanings: Fire (Greek)
Personality: While it's very likely that she was just named for her mane/eyes, Fo̱tiá seems to be the living embodiment of a flame. She has the ability to be warm and kind one moment, like burning coals, and then she's up on her paws, as passionate and powerful as a raging fire. She is always up to something, whether it's wrestling with her other siblings or boasting that when she grows up, she's going to be the strongest lioness in the whole world!

Like Sunlight on Water!
Cub's Names: Kaneme
Meanings: Gold Eyes (Japanese)
Personality: Kaneme is a sweet, soft-spoken feline who tries not to draw very much attention to herself. Unfortunately, do to her bold, blue colors accomplishing this if very difficult. She doesn't like the attention she gets because of her strange coat, and more than once she's wondered about whether she's actually adopted and no one's telling her because they think she couldn't handle the truth. The only thing that really keeps her spirits up is the color of her eyes. Luckily, she has a brother (Safaia's cub) who has the same golden eyes that she does. If not for him, she would feel very alone, even with so many brothers and sisters.
Prompt response: It was always hard to play hide and seek with her siblings, even with the swamp as their home. One would think that the murky terrain of a swamp, a cub with a teal coat and black mane would be easily hidden, but no.

Kaneme was unable to hide from her family, whether it was during a playful game of hide and seek, or when she just wanted to be alone to think for herself. Her parents always noticed if she was gone and unlike her siblings, she wouldn't be able to confuse her parents into thinking that they hadn't eaten yet, when in reality they were eating a second helping. Dhikkara played that bit of mischief quite often. Kaneme couldn't have that luxury, it seemed.

She had a black mane while her siblings' manes ranged through reds and bright greens. Her pelt was two shades of teal while theirs were white and yellow and orange! She looked nothing like any of her siblings--well, with one exception. She had a brother, who had golden eyes just like she had been named for. Kaneme loved this about her brother and would remain at his side often, but even this brother had Dhikkara, who was practically his twin, if not for their eyes. It hurt Kaneme, that she couldn't fit in more thoroughly, but whenever she would ask her parents, they would always give her a similar reply.

"Why do you want to be like your siblings? Stand out on your own and be brilliant." Sure, it sounds easy when you put it like that, but it's harder than you'd think! Isn't it...?

((I'll be posting the other two darlin's when I've finished with them too, if that's alright. :3 ))  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 7:01 pm
Like Sunlight on Water!
Username: mouselet
Cub's Names: Jura
Meanings: Sea (Lithuanian)
Personality: Jura has a love-hate relationship with her fur. When someone praises its beauty and color, she preens and purrs. When her family teases her for how different she looks, Jura becomes depressed and hides. Before she can stand up for what she believes, she has to first decide what her opinion is.
Prompt response: Maybe because she does look so different from the rest of her immense family, Jura wants to belong more than anything. She hates to be left out of anything and will often crash her siblings' games just to get involved. She can be clingy and desperate when seeking to fit in.

Her parents, when they can spare the time, try to help and cheer her up. Jura doesn't try to get more time withe them the same way she does with her siblings, simply because she does see and understand how absolutely exhausting the litter is for them. She loves her parents and doesn't want to pester them, at least, no more than anyone else.

At this point, it hasn't really penetrated that little skull that if she looks different from most of her family, they look different from the rest of the pride. She'll probably spend a significant portion of her pilgrimage feeling embarrassed by looking so different from everyone as well. All she really wants is to fit in!

I'm his mini-me!
Username: mouselet
Cub's Names: Dzuwa
Meanings: Sunshine (Chichewa)
Personality: Dzuwa is bold and unafraid. She seeks out new experiences, places, and things she's never seen before. She meets life head-on and with a smile for everything she's able to experience.
Prompt response: The older the cubs get, the more older members of the pride seek to offer them advice for what they may see and find on their pilgrimages in addition to a name. Psh, what a waste of time in Dzuwa's book. The world is what it is, and she wants to see it for herself, not through someone else's eyes. Her dad wasn't born in the Jini-msemi - he traveled and came to the mountain on his own. She wants to be like him and go exploring and find the place she likes best. It might be back home again, but then again it might be somewhere else entirely. Or nowhere in particular! All Dzuwa knows for sure is that it's a very big world and the sooner she's old enough to go find her name, the sooner she can go see it all!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:13 pm
I'm his mini-me!
Username: Conrad the Mighty
Cub's Names: Orbona
Meanings: Protectress of sick children, it's meant mostly as a prayer.
Personality: This sweet, meek little cub may look like her father, but her health patterns will follow those of her mothers. But goodness her laugh will be the most infectious thing you'll ever hear. The high pitched pure joy would melt the coldest of hearts. Showered with love and care, she will begin to think the world is a place where only love and affection bore. (Something she will learn otherwise out on her pilgrimage) But, as a cub, she'll be so confused as to why she has limitations her siblings does not. The subject will make her irritable, giving a little glimpse of the fiery spirit inside of her trying to get out. I expect her immune system will finally become stable near the end of adolescence, heading into adulthood - just in time for her to leave for her pilgrimage.
Prompt response:
HRMMGRMRMMRRR ... stnbysbytbystbbsstby...HRMUGADITKAR.. sntubbystbybssby.
Orbona reinacted the scene of an older lioness agreeing with her mother in chastising the cub when she was caught trying to adventure after a nap. She was dreaming of a never ending plain which she was cursed to walk for eternity. But she had never seen any land that flat before in the mountains. It was by far the most frusterating thing she'd experienced up until this point in her life.
"But Orbona, mrshrmrmsismbyb" She flicked the tuff of hair in her eyes to the other side with flare. "You can't do what they do" she mimicked the words her mother indicated but never said directly. The frustration quickly vanished in the face of the truth in the wisdom of the caring females.

Flipping her hair with a sharp chin jutt in the air, shortly followed by a wind up to kick a rock. The little cub completely missed the rock and stumbled to the ground, rolling into a muddy puddle. Dizziness quickly followed and forced her to stay laying in the mud for a moment. Now when she showed up back in the den she would not only be in trouble, but also dirty. Which for sure meant she was getting a tongue bath! Ugh.

But then a happy thought entered her mind as she slowly stood back to her feet: when she went on her pilgrimage she would have the chance to show them all what she could really do. This thought was so enticing, it would be her secret get away when life was unpleasant, sometimes it would even cause her to giggle out of the blue. The result of the pilgrimage was always the same, and it was her favorite part of this whole exciting journey; to come home with a better name than her siblings in good form. The cub's favorite scenario actually brought her home full of trinkets and gifts for everyone.

The strategy turned out like this: Hunting will be a problem, so she will stick to fishing and the kindness of strangers. Finding her name will be to ask at least one lion, one leopard, one cheetah, and two miscellaneous for their favorite names, or a name they feel would suit her. It was really their choice. Once her survey is complete, she will pick the one she likes the most and return home. What she runs into and the lessons she learns while out in the world will shape who she will be for the foreseeable future. Maybe she'll come home with a mate that saved her from almost getting killed and the name that he gives her will be the one she chooses. That would be romantic! *swoon*  

Conrad The Mighty

Anxious Smoker

2,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Partygoer 500

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 9:36 am
Updated to here! This may stay open longer, as two of the cubs only have one entry each.  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff