Hi! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Not Rhonda

Single Wife

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:08 pm
I just wanted to make a post and introduce myself. My name is Alice smile I had an account on Gaia back in '09, but I eventually stopped getting on. But recently, I found myself wanted to rejoin, so here I am smile
The problem is, I'm having trouble making friends so PLEASE don't hesitate to add me or shoot me a PM smile
Thanks <3  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 4:36 am
Hello love~
Welcome to the guild!

Cret-chan
Crew

Timid Shapeshifter

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:03 am
Welcome back to gaia! biggrin
Have you seen the marketplace yet? rofl  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:36 am
Welcome to the guild! heart  

Vivian Anthony

Relentless Protagonist

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 11:57 am
The Better Part

Sorry too butt in, i'm new to the guild also but have been on Gaia since 2004 but..... what the hell happened? lol I thought it was a joke at first XD I mean, I used to think 8mil was A LOTTTT but now... wow.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:14 pm
risa ai
The Better Part

Sorry too butt in, i'm new to the guild also but have been on Gaia since 2004 but..... what the hell happened? lol I thought it was a joke at first XD I mean, I used to think 8mil was A LOTTTT but now... wow.

yup yup! So, I don't know what exactly caused it. It just very rapidly increased for some reason. My theory is that it came from exponential inflation from zOMG. Too much free gold to everyone. At first, the market was booming and everyone was happy because a little hard work could earn you your dream item. But, eventually the inflation caught up and forced the marketplace to end up how it is now. About 500bil is a lot now, like buy anything you want rich. Like, buy an expensive dream avi rich. Trillion prices are just plain overpriced although I have seen people with that much and more.
Part of me thinks that zOMG was actually shut down to halt the inflation because inflation was not stopping even after it's initial "maintenance" shut down. Now, things seemed to have leveled off. However, item prices bounce around a lot faster and erratically than usual these days. Back when you were a member, I remember item prices to be pretty stable and slow moving.
Gaia has also been trying to fix it with "gold drains" like donation events where you donate gold to earn rewards, and chance gold items. Chance gold items are those things in mechaneko, or the cash shop sometimes, that cost gold to gamble for more gold. Most people just end up around the same or a few million less. Very few I've heard have gained gold from it.  

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:29 pm
The Better Part
risa ai
The Better Part

yup yup! So, I don't know what exactly caused it. It just very rapidly increased for some reason. My theory is that it came from exponential inflation from zOMG. Too much free gold to everyone. At first, the market was booming and everyone was happy because a little hard work could earn you your dream item. But, eventually the inflation caught up and forced the marketplace to end up how it is now. About 500bil is a lot now, like buy anything you want rich. Like, buy an expensive dream avi rich. Trillion prices are just plain overpriced although I have seen people with that much and more.
Part of me thinks that zOMG was actually shut down to halt the inflation because inflation was not stopping even after it's initial "maintenance" shut down. Now, things seemed to have leveled off. However, item prices bounce around a lot faster and erratically than usual these days. Back when you were a member, I remember item prices to be pretty stable and slow moving.
Gaia has also been trying to fix it with "gold drains" like donation events where you donate gold to earn rewards, and chance gold items. Chance gold items are those things in mechaneko, or the cash shop sometimes, that cost gold to gamble for more gold. Most people just end up around the same or a few million less. Very few I've heard have gained gold from it.

Thankyou for explaining it to me! ^^ I have been on and off these years because yeah.. 10 years is a lot. I remember I saved such a long time for the ninja headband, but what if you start as a newbie now and want something.. you just cant? Yeah buy Gaiacash and sell those items lol. Maybe that's what they want, it always gets less fun when real money gets involved. XD Hope it will come back to normal prices though. I discovered it yesterday and I thought it was a joke so I put this item on the marketplace for 20bil while the minimum was 60bil and it sold in an instant o_o so it was real lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:36 pm
risa ai
The Better Part
risa ai
The Better Part

Thankyou for explaining it to me! ^^ I have been on and off these years because yeah.. 10 years is a lot. I remember I saved such a long time for the ninja headband, but what if you start as a newbie now and want something.. you just cant? Yeah buy Gaiacash and sell those items lol. Maybe that's what they want, it always gets less fun when real money gets involved. XD Hope it will come back to normal prices though. I discovered it yesterday and I thought it was a joke so I put this item on the marketplace for 20bil while the minimum was 60bil and it sold in an instant o_o so it was real lol.

yuuuuup! You're right on all counts. Newbies are kinda screwed again. When I first joined I remember not being able to get anything cuz 1,000gold was already difficult to get. Now with 1bil???? Yeah, newbies don't stand much of a chance without using real cash. It's why there are so many guilds and petitions to bring zOMG back no matter how bad it may be for the marketplace. People had fun and it gave non-gcash users to have a chance at buying items despite how long it could take. It could at least get them started so they could play the marketplace.  

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:39 pm
The Better Part
risa ai
The Better Part
risa ai
The Better Part

yuuuuup! You're right on all counts. Newbies are kinda screwed again. When I first joined I remember not being able to get anything cuz 1,000gold was already difficult to get. Now with 1bil???? Yeah, newbies don't stand much of a chance without using real cash. It's why there are so many guilds and petitions to bring zOMG back no matter how bad it may be for the marketplace. People had fun and it gave non-gcash users to have a chance at buying items despite how long it could take. It could at least get them started so they could play the marketplace.

I'm a bad Gaian but I have never played zOMG. What did you have to do? (Excuse me for my bad English by the way, not my first language) I think this wont make new members attracted to Gaia but then again.. there are already alot of members lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:51 pm
risa ai

I'm a bad Gaian but I have never played zOMG. What did you have to do? (Excuse me for my bad English by the way, not my first language) I think this wont make new members attracted to Gaia but then again.. there are already alot of members lol.

(Don't worry about you're english, hun. I'm a native speaker and even I don't get everything right all the time)
in zOMG you collect rings to make you more powerful to kill monsters. The higher the level of the monster, the more gold you could get. So people had to form groups to kill the really big monsters. Being forced into groups helped people make more friends, and a lot of people miss that. It was a very simple game where you could take to your group while you fought the monsters and it was very easy to make friends.  

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:52 pm
The Better Part
risa ai

(Don't worry about you're english, hun. I'm a native speaker and even I don't get everything right all the time)
in zOMG you collect rings to make you more powerful to kill monsters. The higher the level of the monster, the more gold you could get. So people had to form groups to kill the really big monsters. Being forced into groups helped people make more friends, and a lot of people miss that. It was a very simple game where you could take to your group while you fought the monsters and it was very easy to make friends.

Ah okay! Sounds fun. I played the game where you can create the houses but I haven't played it for long. How long have you been on Gaia?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:56 pm
risa ai

I've been on gaia since 2007. So long ago!! But around 2010 I stopped getting online for a while, and have been off-and-on for a long time. I only recently started to get online again.  

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:00 pm
The Better Part
risa ai

I've been on gaia since 2007. So long ago!! But around 2010 I stopped getting online for a while, and have been off-and-on for a long time. I only recently started to get online again.

Ah ok! ^^ Do you still like it like you used too? I used to like it way more but maybe that's also because I was younger.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:04 pm
risa ai
The Better Part
risa ai

Ah ok! ^^ Do you still like it like you used too? I used to like it way more but maybe that's also because I was younger.

I think I like it a little more because I'm richer on gaia. xd
I was so broke and wanted so many things when I first started. I played the marketplace, made some great friends who support me, and I support them back. So I feel a lot better on gaia.
When I first started, my real life friends and I played together. But we didn't do much online. I was really shy back then too.  

The Better Part

Fashionable Noob

risa ai

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:17 pm
The Better Part
risa ai
The Better Part
risa ai

I think I like it a little more because I'm richer on gaia. xd
I was so broke and wanted so many things when I first started. I played the marketplace, made some great friends who support me, and I support them back. So I feel a lot better on gaia.
When I first started, my real life friends and I played together. But we didn't do much online. I was really shy back then too.

That's cool!! Well your avi is cute so ^^ I only managed to get my little sister on here haha. She only logs in when I ask her LOL  
It's A Girl Thing!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff