Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Twisted path (Riley/Jericho) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:10 pm
There was only one thing she knew for certain.

That looked like Jericho within the pawn shop that she'd just passed. She'd felt him, before she'd seen him through the glass. It certainly looked like the boil, but somehow, she couldn't tell for sure. So that wasn't it.

The shop itself could have been a haven for her. No one respectable seemed to come near it, and that was exactly the kind of thing she'd been looking for when she'd come to this part of town. But there was no way to be certain of that fact. So that, too, was not it.

Her hand pressed hesitant fingers against the glass, and her eyes thinned until no more light could escape them. She knew one thing for certain, as she felt the pull of necessity tugging her away from the store, and ignored it. She knew she should have walked, quickly, in the opposite direction the moment she'd realized he was there.

That one infallible fact was the only thing she was certain to ignore.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:40 pm
Pawn shops always had a great deal of interesting things inside. There always was something different each time he visited too. Jericho didn't always buy something, but seeing all the little curious artifacts and baubles intrigued him greatly. He picked up a little statuette of a decapitated human. Or maybe it was a dullahan. The dragon couldn't really tell. It had some nice details about it, though.

He held it up to the light, examining it carefully, oblivious to the "window shopper" outside.

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:46 pm
It was a mistake, of course, for him to show his face and give her yet another certainty to work from. She'd just seen him at the festival, so his appearance was no surprise. But that had been a passing moment, safe and secure in it's little confined space. That was nostalgia, surrounded by the past and ignorant of the future. That was different.

She'd told him she would explain everything, the next time she saw him. This was that time. And that was why she was happier when she wasn't sure it was him.

The pawn shop held none of the safety she'd thought it would, and she turned from it, and him, walking past its trinket filled window and onward down the street.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:55 pm
Jericho set the trinket back down, then scratched his chin in thought. No. It wasn't quite good enough to add to his hoard. Many of the things around were tempting, but he wasn't quite ready to splurge on a bunch of things. The time would come for that. But not today. He carefully tucked his wings against his body as he navigated through the shop so as to not knock anything over. It had happened once. That was a bad time.

Once outside, he stretched out fully and looked around, catching sight of a peculiar head of purple tentacles.

"Riley! That you?" he called out. There weren't many illithids wandering around halloween town and all.

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:04 pm
And she would have gotten away with it too, if it hadn't been for those damn kids tentacles.

Stilling at the sound of his voice was a dead giveaway, and she winced as she immediately regretted it. Her mind moved quickly, so her choices had whittled down in the blink of an eye until she'd decided that trying to ignore him was pointless. A spectacle like Junko was worse than simply facing the music. It was just harder, choosing to turn around and face him. To smile, or at least create the hint of expression that would have been a smile if she could have done such a thing. To take steps forward, not back; until she reached him, and put her hand against his shoulder.

You caught me. She murmured, the first and possibly only truthful thing she could say at that moment.

But every second she stood there, cordially speaking with him, was a second spent in discomfort. Perhaps the pawn shop, she reconsidered. Or the alley behind it. Or anywhere but here. I didn't expect to see you so soon, or here. It is a small world. Where are you headed?

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:19 pm
Jericho jogged to catch up to her, stopping just a few feet away from her position. He grinned lightly as she placed a hand to his shoulder, then lightly shrugged.

"Yeah, I guess so. Was going to head on back to the school, but I'm in no rush. Where you headed?"

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:28 pm
School.

Nnnnope.

My apartment, if you can even call it that. It's four blocks from here. It's all very temporary, really - I don't plan on staying long. I just came to, ah, collect some things.

That was an understatement.

You're welcome to join me, if you don't mind the fact that it is a complete hole in the ground. But it's clean. And safe. And out of the way. She had priorities.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 7:54 pm
"Sure! I've got nothing else going on and it's been awhile since we've really hung out. Didn't really get much of a chance to hear what you've been up to at the festival and all," Jericho nodded.

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:05 pm
No, she hadn't.

Without verbal confirmation, she turned to lead him away, her hands pulling the hood up over her cloak as soon as she began to move. She checked one time to make sure he followed her, but otherwise walked in a heavy, yet comfortable silence.

The area they were traveling through became less and less friendly. The sound of a domestic dispute occurring behind doors had just barely started to become audible when she turned and walked up a broken flight of steps, opening a door barely still on its hinges and heading inside.

The hallway wasn't lit. She led him down it, and fumbled with her keys until she was able to open her apartment door. This is me, she finally spoke, holding the door out for him. Inside, there were exactly four things in view. A bed, a skelevision on the ground, a refrigerator, and a door - which led to a scanty but usable bathroom.

The complete opposite of the lush room she'd lived in at Amityville. Come on in.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:29 pm
Obediently, Jericho followed along. He looked around idly as he moved. While he was a little uncertain about the area they were heading, he kept pace. He soon furrowed his brow as he looked around in the dank and dark place she currently called home.

"Wow... This is uh.. something," he comments, not entirely certain what to say.

"This really all you need? Do you need a place to stay?"

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:59 pm
His implied offer made her chuckle, but it was a hollow sound. I told you, it's just temporary. I can manage until I leave again. Besides, what did you have in mind? She'd been turned away from him, but here she turned her head to look over her shoulder at the hesitant dragon. It would be presumptuous to assume that if I could return to Amityville, I would have nowhere to stay. I'm sure if you think about it, you'll remember that isn't true.

But the message was clear - Amityville wasn't an acceptable home for her, anymore.

She turned completely to face him, heading to meet him with slow and meaningful steps. Are you ready to ask me where I've been? That is what you wanted to know, isn't it? Her voice sounded as smooth and calm as ever - but Jericho would always be able to know the difference, when it came to her. You may not like the answer. You could always walk away now. Keep your memories of our past locked away in a treasure box, guarded from corruption. I wouldn't blame you.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:39 am
Jericho's wings sagged a bit at that answer. She could have used his room as a temporary stay if she wished, but it seems that wasn't something she was willing to consider in the slightest. He turned to face her fully, about to ask her what she had just said, but stopped himself as she continued to speak.

Quietly, he regarded her for a few moments. His brow furrowed, as he was trying to figure out what exactly was going on. The way she had put it didn't sound good in the slightest.

"...What have you done?" he asked quietly with a sense of apprehension in his voice.

Nio Love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:09 am
That was the right question. It was instantaneous, by the glimmer in her eyes, that whatever had happened brought her a great deal of pride. She held her hands out, sliding her claws intimately between his fingers and clutching his hands with a great fervor.

What I've always wanted to do. It was a lie - even moreso than she herself could have possibly known. This hadn't been her intention when she'd come to Amity. It hadn't been her intention when she'd died for the people she loved. And it certainly hadn't been her intention when they'd been bonded. It had been the intention of the Illithid council, all along.

Her face pinched with proud, eager mischief. I started a war.

Blade Kuroda

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:57 am
Jericho just stared at her for a few moments, trying to comprehend just what it was she meant just now.

"You...started.. a war? Wh-what do you mean?" he asked cautiously. A war between what? Something to do with her own kind? Humans? Something else? He was sort of aware of the 'war' between the Hunters and Horsemen, but somehow he had a feeling this was not what she meant.

Regardless, he somehow didn't have a very good feeling about it.

nio love

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:23 pm
Riley stood, and explained things with a faintly patronizing note. There once was a side torn by two opposite opinions. They had an uneasy peace despite this dispute, until I came along. She ducked her head, as if she would have giggled. In her voice returned the hint of mischief. I nudged things along. And now they're burned to the ground. Isn't that splendid?

Blade Kuroda

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces