Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] The sun goes down, the stars come out... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:08 pm
Out of the Hunters that had made up his adventuring party, Inoke had been the easiest to check in on to make sure he was doing okay after the ordeal. To touch base with his Sun bro it was just a matter of walking across the hall and knocking, possibly knocking a bit harder in the event he didn't answer at first.

For Jasper, however, follow-up involved a little bit more work. Heading down to the basement involved making sure that his boots were laced after he'd tucked the cuffs of his pants into them, pulling on his coat and preparing himself for whatever might pop out at him. It was bad enough having nightmares above ground... He could only imagine what the Hunters down in this sector dreamed about.

Arland ran his fingers back through his hair before pulling it back into a ponytail before heading down the basement stairs. His teeth tugged at his lower lip in thought as he tried to recall which room was Jasper's, rolling numbers through his head before approaching the door that he was fairly certain was correct...

Knock, knock, knock.

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 3:47 pm
“YO! Come in!” Jasper called through the door.

He spun to face the door, proudly wearing a bat-man t-shirt, showing off a green lantern tattoo on the inside of his wrist, and sporting avengers sleep pants.

“ENTER THE BATCAVE AND BE RECOGNIZED!” He cheered.

Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:02 pm
"God, man, you gotta pick one..." He laughed, shaking his head as he made a gesture between the DC and Marvel mash-up that stood before him as he opened the door. It was hard not to smile suddenly, despite how uneasy he'd been at the thought of entering the basement regions of the Hunter dorms.

"Thought I'd check in on you; make sure you were okay and all after all of that z-virus crap. Looks like you're doing fine, though?" His brow quirked as he leaned against the doorway, eyes lazily dropping over the other hunter before flicking back up to his face.

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:32 pm
“Oh hell no, why should I pick! I even have a star wars rebel tattoo on my shoulder!” He grinned widely before dropping back to his cot, which creaked dangerously.

“Yeah, I’m okay, I finally stopped glowing and at least they didn’t set me on fire like the time with the bugs.” He grinned though there was more of an edge to it then.

“You?” He added with renewed enthusiasm.

“I swear, I’m the only person still in the basement sometimes!” He added with a laugh. “I’d say I should get out of here, if only for better showers with, you know…functional water…. But… Bat cave.” He waved his hands to either side.
Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:42 pm
"You've gotta start wondering if you're the only one down here, you know. Some of the upstairs rooms aren't bad. I think there's people bunking together too; room enough to drag another bed in if you're okay with close quarters, or not opposed to doubling up." He shrugged his shoulders lightly, knowing there'd been at least one or two times when they'd thrown blankets and pillows on the floor in his room for a 'comfort and support' sleepover.

"Definitely glad they didn't light us on fire this time, though." He still wasn't entirely over how long it had taken Quinn to painstakingly comb his dreads out when there had been no other way to get the ick from the guts of the monster out of them. He was still getting used to the feeling of not having the weight of them on his head.

"Got any more tattoos? Or is that too personal of a question to ask? I know some people are touchy about them."

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:49 pm
Jasper was apparently NOT self conscious about his, He pulled up his shirt, tossed it on the bed and turned around to show off his shoulder blade and the starwars tattoo there.

“I thought about getting the batman logo somewhere, but that seemed…egotistical.” He laughed.

“I am not touchy about much of anything, gotta admit.” He grinned.

“You? Did you want one? I saw a thing on a bulletin board that said someone was doing them with some… non electric thing.”

"… is that a offer to be a roomie?" He added with a grin.
Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 4:58 pm
"Want one? You mean another one?" His brow quirked as he brought his hand up, sweeping his bangs away from the side of his face to expose the tribal tattoos he had covering the scars just above his eye. There seemed to be more peeking up just beneath the collar of his coat and it was very likely that they continued on further beyond that.

He was one of the people who was self-conscious about them, however, although it was more because of what they covered than the armor they stood for. "I've thought about it, actually. I've been adding them on here and there, but most of them have just been designs; nothing that's really meant anything." That was his 'serious' for a moment, and he was soon grinning again.

"Batman logo tramp stamp?" His brow quirked as he avoided the roommate question for the moment, although not necessarily intentionally.

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:06 pm
“HA!!! No…no tramp stamp.” He laughed. “noooo tramp stamp. If I got it anywhere it’d be across my chest, because that’s where the batman logo goes on the suit.” He grinned and tossed his hands up.

“Yeah…they are addictive, what can I say? You? You want more? The ones you got are pretty badass.” He grinned.

Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:47 pm
"I've always thought that if you're going for one across the chest it should mean -something-. Not that Batman doesn't mean something to a lot of people, but that it should be something that's yours; something that makes you a hero, y'know? If that makes sense, at least. Sometimes I don't know if it does or not, but..."

Not a whole lot on the island made sense. If his words didn't from time to time he figured that meant he fit in just fine.

"Oh, definitely. I've been pondering a back piece, actually. It'd be the first one that I've gotten that wasn't to cover something else up." Arland seemed almost sheepish for a moment at that. "I wear my nerd culture on my clothes, as opposed to on my sleeves. Not that you could tell with all of the layers, but..." He tugged up the corner of his long sleeved shirt to reveal a distressed t-shirt with the classic Thor icon on it.

endejester

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:20 pm
“It would totally mean something!” He declared with a nod. “I’m batman.” He said with an almost completely serious declaration that MIGHT have bordered on slightly crazy.

“Besides… as long as the tattoo means something to you, who the hell else gets to judge? I mean…unless you’re tattooing hello kitty on your forehead, then I might judge… how the hell is she gonna be cute there anyhow?”

he did though give a HUGE thumbs up to the Thor t-shirt. “Badasssss” He grinned.

“I whole heartedly approve.”

Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:25 pm
"Nah, man... Batman is someone else's gig. Here, in this place? We've got the potential to be so much more. Batman battles human nightmares. We fight against the real thing." He nodded once more, the slightly weathered look that crossed his face speaking wonders for the nightmares he'd had, even if only briefly.

"Speaking of, though... How the hell do you sleep down here in this creep factory? Don't you expect something to come shambling out after you? Did you get shuffled down here because all of the rooms upstairs were taken? Because I don't think you could pay me enough to spend the night down in this haunted house without the right provisions."

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:20 am
“Ah… no dissing the Batman in the Batave.” A scolding finger was pointed in Arland’s direction. I don’t have a lot of rules but that’s one.” He did grin after a moment like all was forgiven.

He glanced around the room thoughtfully, as though he hadn’t really considered the spooks and haunts that lingered in the bloodied, dirtied rooms. “Well… it’s not like that one room where no matter how many times you go inside you wind up back outside it… so it’s not –so- awful. Basements were always cheaper to rent when I was out in the land of ‘normal’ people.” He mused.

“… And really, as scary as what we’ve faced has been, ‘people’ can… be at least as scary, maybe scarier.” He shrugged.

Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:37 am
"So you're saying I should take my coat off and stay a while instead of trying to persuade you to take a trip up into the light?" His brow lofted slightly a bit further, teasing smirk curving his lips. It faded after a minute as he edged towards seriousness for a moment.

"Honestly, though... I think I'd miss having a window. Sometimes after waking up from a nightmare it's nice to have a little bit of light right there waiting for you." He supposed that those who stayed down here just had to find other bits of 'brightness' or they were just used to the dark.

"Saves on cooling costs, at least?" He was grinning again as if he'd never done otherwise.

endejester

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:33 am
“Wellll… I suppose that if you wanted company out into the land of burning sunlight theennnn I could put my coat on.” He grinned.

“I’ll move upstairs at some point, I guess I just got used to being down here. Cami’s rooming on the top floors, I haven’t really gotten out much except for a few missions…so.” He waved a hand and rolled his shoulders.

Skye Starrfyre

endejester

Feral Cat

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:00 am
"Not too worried about venturing out right now. Thought it might just be useful if I geared up before coming down here, just in case something decided to jump out and get me. Never hurts to be prepared, right?" A smirk found its way across his lips again as he watched the other Hunter.

"If you ever want to explore the land of the living, though, I'm in room 129. You can consider that an open invitation to come up whenever you'd like. Not a whole lot on the walls right now, but between the bed and the desk there's room to throw things down on the floor and make a fort."

endejester

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces