Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[Mentor PRP] You are sure to win [Lock/Shun] Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:32 am
Shun was up on the reaper rooftop once more. He hadn't really felt like practicing in the gym today, so he was up here executing his forms and the like. His apartment and the area around didn't really lend itself well for this sort of thing, so it was easier for him to train around here instead when he had the free time.

He closed his eye briefly, before sending a kick into the air. He twisted his body, going along with the momentum to strike twice with both of his blades.

Chimarii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:18 pm
Lock showed up at their agreed upon time, and just stood there watching Shun do something that was, in his opinion, quite embarrassing.

"Do you do anything else with your free time?" he said, somewhat mockingly. "I mean ... you need some hobbies." It was said in good nature, not meaning to truly chastise the older reaper, just a friendly banter. "Teach me, great dojo master." Lock then bowed somewhat mockingly, a rare grin slapped on his face.

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:26 pm
"Training myself is one of my hobbies," Shun retorted with a grunt. He lowered his blades, then turned towards Lock, rolling his shoulders lightly.

"There are other things I do as well, but that is irrelevant," he started before narrowing his good eye, "If you want training, you ought to lay off on the snark. Or you can find someone else to train you."

Chimarii

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:43 pm
Lock just deadpanned at Shun. "Go ahead. Anyone could train the untrained."

He shrugged in the same nonchalant way that many other teenage boils did. "My presence here is just as optional as yours."

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:50 pm
"Only if the untrained actually wishes to learn what they've not yet learned," Shun said, shrugging right back at the younger reaper, "Do you want training or not?"

Chimarii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:23 pm
"Of course," Lock grumbled, removing his jacket to give himself better mobility in the fight that he had no doubt was coming.

Although he agreed in its usefulness, sometimes he thought the amount Shun trained was out of paranoia instead of legitimate discipline. He'd never say that though. "Where do we start?"

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:37 pm
"Right here."

Shun motioned to the ground nearby.

"Before each session, I want you to meditate for at least ten minutes. Once that's done, we can begin with whatever lesson there is to do."

chiickadee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:47 pm
Lock grumpily sat on the ground where Shun had gestured for him to be and sat criss cross while he waited for further instruction.

He hated meditating. Silence was fine, but having to focus on silence was difficult and far more work than it looked like it was. Still, he complied. "Very well."

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:56 pm
"Close your eyes, and relax. Draw in deep breaths through your nose and exhale through your mouth. Clear your mind."

Shun kept his voice low. If Locke wanted him to talk him through meditation, he could, but he refrained for the time being.

chiickadee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:57 pm
"It is difficult to clear my mind when you are talking."

He did as Shun told him, complying with each request though. In through the nose, out through the mouth.

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:41 pm
Shun narrowed his good eye. He had half a mind to throw a knife at him right then and there. If the snark kept up, he might just have to start doing such things. Nothing was said in response this time, however. Instead, he just folded his arms over his chest and patiently waited for Lock to finish with the current task.

Chiickadee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:19 pm
Lock did as he was told, feeling slightly unnerved that Shun was just watching him, but too intimidated to say much else. Lock could tell when Shun was getting annoyed (it was not that hard to tell) and Lock respected that.

He merely sat there contemplating what he was going to have for lunch that day (Shun never said he had to meditate on anything important), waiting for Shun to tell him when to stop.

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:07 pm
Time went by, and eventually Shun spoke up once more to break the silence.

"That's enough, now."

He paused to let Lock come back around, then rolled his shoulders as he looked around.

"Now. Since I hadn't worked with you just yet, outside of that singular spar, you have a small choice to make for what today will entail. We can either go over straight up combat, or we can work on something else. Being able to move about quietly: stealthily."

Chiickadee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 12:07 am

"Stealth is good," Lock responded.

Please don't bring up that spar again Shun no.

blade kuroda

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:09 am
"Very well. Let us head on to the gym."

Without another word, he headed off in that direction. Once they had arrived into the gym, he turned towards Lock to begin explaining.

"As you may know, there's more to stealth than simply being unseen. You need to be quiet, as well. I will be in the middle of the floor here with my good eye closed," he began before taking out a sheet of sticky paper, "Your task is to try and get this on me without being detected. If I hear you, I'll throw a blade. It'll be a good test of reflexes as well."

chickadeededeee
Lock must travel across the gym towards Shun to try and not get noticed. This will take 5 rolls of travel. Each time he moves forward, roll 1d4. Depending on what's rolled, it'll add to his "detection level". If a detection level of 4 is reached, he will be detected.

1 - A fair bit of noise is made +3 detection
2 - It's more of a rustle +2 detection
3 - Something very faint +1 detection
4 - Completely silent +0 detection

If her detection level hits 4 or more, Shun will throw a blade blindly. Basically I'll roll 1d20. And you'll roll a defense roll to that to see if he can avoid it. Also a 1d20.

If she manages to reach Shun without hitting max detection, he gets to slap a sticky note on him.

Keep track of how many rolls and what his current detection level is at the bottom of your post.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff