Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
The Fluffy Quotient Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:35 am
The Fluffy Quotient is a numerological way to define when I start writing off what another individual is saying. In every religion, some morons must float, and over the years I've developed a technique for sniffing out the fluffiest ones and ignoring them. This can also work for determining if a book or author is reputable. Additions will be gratefully accepted if I agree with you.

You aren't a total twink until you go under zero, and everyone starts with 10 points.

The Fluffy Quotient for Pagans (a.k.a. The Twink Meter)

-1 for every natural object name (e.g. animal, mineral, jewel) in the person's public name (what they introduce themselves as or are published as)
+2 for every scholarly book owned and read
-3 if the individual claims a family tradition going back more than two generations
-1 for every "trendy" animal guide (e.g. wolf, panther, raven, etc...)
+2 for unusual but viable animal guide (e.g. catfish, frog, swan, etc...)
-2 for any mention of "The Burning Times"
-1 for every famous past life
+1 for every normal or boring past life
-2 if the individual claims all goddesses are triune and associated with the moon
-2 if individual claims all gods are sacrificial kings
-2 for references to Atlantis, Aliens, or Fiction as a source for religious practices (yes, CAW* counts)
-1 for every commonly known aspect of the individual's tradition's practice that the individual is unaware of (significance of the sun in Egyptian mythology for a Kemet, significance of the number nine in Norse mythology for an AsatruaR, etc...)
+3 if individual admits to not knowing everything
+1 if personal beliefs not supported by literature are specifically mentioned as unsupported
+1 if individual refers to a scholarly work or historical document
-5 if individual is fighting a great evil /conspiracy / etc...
-1 if 'mundanes' is used as an insult (i.e. 'Don't go there, it's filled with mundanes.')
-1 for every time individual insults a member of another religion
+1 if individual has successfully run a religious gathering
+2 if individual has successfully run several religious gatherings
+5 if individual regularly (more than ten a year) runs religious gatherings
-1 for every large piece of jewelry identifying an individual's religion
+1 if individual holds down a job, maintains a passing GPA in school, or is a stay-at-home parent
-1 every time individual mentions religion or advanced religious knowledge in the hearing of many people when no one has asked or is paying attention
-1 if individual is dedicated to a 'kind' or 'gentle' death or war deity (e.g. Kali, Hecate, Ma'at, Morrigan, etc...)
-5 if person has more animal guides or enlightened masters than digits in bank account
+1 for every question asked about another religion
-1 if individual engages in the 'it is a religion / no it's not a religion' debate
-1 if spirit (or grace, or other intangible) moves individual to do things
-1 for every claim that the individual knows another religion better than a practitioner of that religion does (individual must not be of the same religion as the practitioner)
-3 it individual equates trickster deities with Satan and/or who believes that following a trickster is an excuse to have no ethics (thanks cheshire23!)
-10 if individual believes an Authentic Crystal Skull will bring the individual Images of the Ending Times and that this is something that should be valued and paid for

cheshire23's additions (from LJ)
-1 for every change to the commonly accepted spelling or capitalization of a given term. (e.g. "majik", "womyn", "ov", "phaerie", etc...) [Ed. I would include 'magick' on this list, but others may not.]
-2 for casting a spell and/or praying about a given situation and then doing NOTHING else to change that situation more to your liking.
-2 for being a bisexual, polyamorous, vegetarian Pagan who thinks that anyone who is one of those things should automatically be ALL of those things, and that once the world achieves True Enlightenment EVERYONE will be all of those things.
-4 for including pets (oh, sorry, I mean "animal companions" of course) in this by purchasing vegetarian dog and cat food. *grr*
-3 for "spells, spells and more spells." (I'm not sure how to explain that one more coherently, but I'm sure you understand...)
-5 if a love spell is involved in any way, shape or form.
automatic -10 for those men who talk about "the Goddess in every woman" just so they can get into some women themselves. (I had an ex like this, and I'm bitter, what can I say?)
+1 for being an honor student, or for holding the SAME job for more than two years. (Over the +1 for has job or acceptable GPA or is stay-at-home parent)
+1 if the job is not a stereotypically "freak"-friendly job but is in reasonable keeping with the person's ethics.
+1 for one or two subtle, small pieces of jewelry that don't scream "LOOK AT ME! I'M A WITCH!" but are nevertheless meaningful to someone who knows what to look for.
+2 for respectfully disagreeing with a person's statement without attacking the person.
+2 for knowing when to walk away from a "discussion"...and doing so without fanfare.

If you go below zero, I reserve the right to ignore you completely.

---------------------
*CAW: Church of All Worlds; it's a religion based off of Heinlein's books. I love you guys dearly, but it is a work of fiction.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 11:42 am
gonk That is to much trouble.

whee  

Yashouku

Acid Faery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 12:36 pm
That's pretty interesting, and a pretty good idea. Not to mention the fact that I took the time to rate myself by the scale. Sadly enough, the Wiccans I know at school would probably drop below zero, or at least come pretty close.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 1:01 pm
Faeri Dancer

whee

I don't keep an exact mental tally, but I was trying to quantify on what basis I judge other people, and this is the result. xp  

Deoridhe
Crew

Fashionable Fairy

11,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Yashouku

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 4:22 pm
Deoridhe
Faeri Dancer

whee

I don't keep an exact mental tally, but I was trying to quantify on what basis I judge other people, and this is the result. xp
Oh ok ^^ My parents cursed me with a -1 at birth. crying Anyways I tried to see what I got but I was too biased.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 7:54 pm
I'm about a 40 on a normal ay, when I'm bing an angel, 60.  

Meiriona

Rosemary Girl

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 8:36 pm
dangerously close to twink

*makes a "so what if I am fluffy" badge to stich onto her bag*
*makes it in theban script for extra fluffyness*

Edit: -1 if you know what I am talking about
-5 if you can read it  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2004 9:10 pm
I'm not sure how accurately I measured, but according to my count, I came up with an 18 (mainly cuz I've said some bad stuff about some Christians, but with how they usually act around me, I personally think they deserve it) If it weren't for that, then I might have gotten a 20. Still pretty much fluff-stuff, though sweatdrop

Off topic, but with the jewelry part, I didn't add or subtract any points because the only jewelry I frequently wear is a 5-yen coin on a white string necklace. It's a memento of sorts... holding onto it for someone if we ever end up meeting... *prays that he and the other person do end up meeting at some point in time*  

Jayden Kelvari

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 3:06 am
around 40-ish, at least this morning  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 10:38 am
I got 21, not bad. But I did start at ten. lol  

RubyAshes
Crew

RelenaS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:24 am
OK, so I don't read many books, Nor do i spend time on my beliefs. I got a 12 >< I had to skip alot of the point givers and takers simply because as a pagan, my beliefs don't focus on daily life, I work with them rarely!!!

Then I do some fluffy things because of it, GRR. I'm not a bad fluffy person I swear! Just my religion is my philosophy, my beliefs, I do practice it, just i don't do rituals.

*feels bad...really bad*

*Lost 10 or so points on the "changing words" one, because she writes stories and does change alot of the words around...*  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:08 am
*shrugs* 17- my downfall was the love spell, although it's not the stereotype of "Oh, if I do this s**t, I'll get a man": Basically, held a rose quartz, concentrating on the loving feelings I had for my boyfriend, then visualized it being sent to him... he was very loving after that- had to keep telling him to do his work. sweatdrop  

Jameta

Aithnea Micheals

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 10:42 am
*sniffle* I got around 8.

Guess I'm still fluffy *goes out to read some more*  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:35 pm
- 5 For bashing fluffbunnies, and then offering 'information' that is false and biased. (Basically, for being one of the new 'anti-fluffbunny fluffbunnies' that seem to be popping up nowadays.)
- 3 For using any variation of the phrase 'Wiccans can't go to hell because they don't believe in one.'
- 1 For excessive use of the phrase 'Oh My Goddess.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'Bleessed Be.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'Merry Meet' and 'Merry Part.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'As above, so below.'
- 1 For Excessive use of the phrase 'So motw it be.'
- 4 for refusing to debate your religion in any way, shape, or form.
- 6 for pointing out that there are 'constant contradictions' in the bible.
- 1 For complaining about oppressive parents.
- 3 for constantly bringing up the fact that Wiccans don't worship the devil. rolleyes
- 10 for any reference to 'the burning times.'
- 3 For every time you say that all beliefs are equally valid.

+ 5 if you concede a point you've made when you are proven wrong.
+ 2 if you are willing to admit that the prejudice against you is not so bad, or even nonexistant.
+ 2 if you are a female and worship a God, or a male and worship a goddess.
+ 1 for every year you've studied your religion.

whee whee  

Triste Morningstar

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 2:35 pm
With Triste's I'm up to around 52-55.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers