Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[PRP] Kalona Blood, What's That? (Skaal, Avant, and Keshani) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:20 pm
User Image

Skaal was completely bored just sitting at home and after his last little 'adventure' his mother has scolded his wings off. Lately though she was being less watchful and teaching the other two a few things that she knew about surviving on their own when the time came so he took the chance to run off onto the plains in front of where they lived. The last trip into the forest was awful. He never wanted to do that again.
"Hmm now which way to go...?" Taking initiative he just wandered in a basic westward direction. There seemed to be a lake and a big old tree sitting in the middle of nowhere so it seemed as likely a place as none to find something to do, rather than sit and swelter at home. It was just too hot for his liking.

DarkenWoodWolf

~Latonia de la Courtel~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:40 pm
User ImageAvant bowed his head to drink from the lake, black wings folded carefully away from his body. The heat was getting to him. He would return to the forest soon, but he was expecting to meet his sister here shortly. After a moment of thought, he strode into the water, carefully keeping the feathers on his wings dry. He didn't need them to fly, but he didn't want to have to wait for them to dry. He ducked his head under the water, braids getting wet and a bit tangled. It felt good, the water was cool and clear.

Striding out of the lake, he shook himself off, keeping his wings mantled above his drying body. It wouldn't take that long to dry in the sunlight and the oppressive heat. He just hoped that his sister would be along shortly. So that he could leave. He whipped the water off his tail. It was his mane that would take the longest to dry, and he didn't care as much as he thought he should.

No appearances to keep. It would only be his sister, after all.

Wasteland Wyvern

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:53 pm
User Image
Soaring through the clear blue sky with its picturesque puffy clouds, Keshani Avenara was reluctant to come to a halt. As soon as she did, she was sure the heat of day would press in on her in an uncomfortable weight... Oppressively close as soon as the wind was no longer singing over her feathers. Still, her brother was waiting somewhere below, and he certainly would not appreciate her making him climb up to the clouds to fetch her down.

The thought of Avant's ire at being left to wait in this heat was her chief inspiration in tilting her wings and spiraling toward the ground. The lake was a splash of sky-reflecting mirror on the green below, shaded at one end by an ancient oak. Keshani smiled to herself as she noted Avant pacing out of the water, crystal drops streaming off of his white mane.

Sweeping lower she kicked her hooves at the surface of the water before landing in the shallows, reveling in the splash of cool water up her legs and to her belly. There was a momentary impulse to roll in the water, but it wouldn't be worth the wait for her wings to dry. Perhaps some other time...

"Sorry to have kept you, Little Brother." she murmured as she followed him out of the water, stretching up to nose his cheek in greeting. "Have you been waiting long?"

She tilted her head up to consider him, one ear flicking at the soft scrabble of movement from a distant point on the plain. The whisper and sigh of the grasses made her turn her head, wondering who -or what- was out there.

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:00 pm
Skaalbjorn saw something spiral out of the sky as he moved through the tall grasses towards the oak tree near the lake. It looked like another Soquili but unlike any he'd ever seen or heard of, but then his limited knowledge could be kept in a thimble at this time. "Hmm..." He picked up his pace as he bolted for the tree to see just what kind of Soquili his one was, but as he was not looking where he was going one of his overlarge wings tripped him and he went tumbling in the dirt, scraping his knee and cheek badly. Blood dripped from the cheek wound and his knee stung awfully. "Owww!" He hissed in a breath more in anger than in pain. This wasn't the first time his stupid wings had tripped him up. Sitting on his hind quarters he sighed and then got up to continue his gait towards the lake.
Finally he came out of the too tall grass and saw not one but two Soquili. One was slightly wet and the other was not, but still. Two new people to meet! He boldly walked forward even with his cheek still bleeding and his knees all scraped up. "Hello!"

DarkenWoodWolf

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:58 am
Avant Resari was debating another dip in the lake when he saw his sister high above. Baring his teeth and growling, though he knew she wouldn't be able to hear, he watched her decent. As good as it was to see her, especially after the last time, it was annoying to think that she was wasting his time by flitting about in the sky, no doubt cooler and having a much more pleasant time than he.

He shook his head, already mostly dry mane a bright white against his neck, save for the red beads. "I have been her long enough, Big Sister." He smirked at that, wondering why they used titles so befitting each other. He opened his mouth to chide her for keeping him waiting, but closed hit again slowly as her attention was drawn from him.

Avant looked in the direction the sound was coming from, using his height to see father than Keshani could, so he saw.... something go head over tail in the grass, large wings tripping him up apparently. Kalona wings. Avant could recognize them from there. But it had to be a foal who was coming, they weren't quite big enough for an adult.

His guess proved right after a moment when a Kalona mix, like the his sister and he, came out of the grass, bleeding from his earlier tumble. He had a unicorn horn and straight hooves. The only think about him that looked like a Kalona was his wings. Hmm. Another mixed breed, like themselves. Avant didn't look it, he knew, and that offered him endless amounts of fun when it came to other Kalona's thinking he was pure.

Still, the foal walked up to them like he hadn't a care in the world. Avant didn't know what to make of him so he said simply, "You're bleeding," like he found it offensive. "Wash yourself off in the lake before presenting yourself to your elders. And possibly betters, little mixed breed."

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:16 pm
Skaal stopped and looked at the bigger male that had spoken to him like he was the scum of the earth. Frowning the little white colt walked to the lake and jumped in causing a rather large splash and a small wave to hit the shore before rolling back. He thoroughly rinsed himself and then walked out of the water, his wings dripping wet and hanging limply at his sides. "Better now Mister?" He said with a sarcastic tone to his voice.

DarkenWoodWolf

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:14 pm
Though gentility was not in their nature, both she and Avant knew how to be civil and even pleasant when the occasion called for it. While they were a proud sort, they bore strong affection for each other. Which made it quite surprising when he was so short with her.

"Long enough to be annoyed, no doubt." She hummed, faintly amused by his gruff greeting. If she decided to be annoyed and bite him, it would be better to do so when he was not expecting it. "I am sorry that my arrival was not expedient enough to be convenient to you."

Keshani turned to eye the grasses and laid her ears back, eyes narrowing as she waited for the rustling in the grass to resolve itself to whichever creature was causing it. Her brother seemed unconcerned by the approach, but he stood tall enough to see what it was that was approaching. For a moment, she was annoyed by the advantage. His annoyance at the new arrival faintly amused her, though the tumbling and scraped colt was somewhat of an inconvenient arrival.

"Do play nicely, Brother." She murmured mildly, considering the horn and the wings. "He clearly was not expecting to run into us today, anymore than we were looking for him."

She instead turned her attention to the foal, pinning a warning ear. "Shouldn't your mother mind you if you can't behave yourself alone? Talking thus to something big enough to eat you and enjoy it is not wise."

DarkenWoodWolf

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:01 pm
"It is too hot here to be waiting for any amount of time, sister." He nosed her lightly before turning his attention away. He could trust her not to do anything stupid behind his back. Bite him, maybe, but little else.

Avant looked down at the the little foal and snorted a laugh before he could help himself. "You should have kept your wings dry. Now you can't escape should you have the need too." He shrugged his larger wings. "Not that you could have anyway."

"I am playing nicely, sister. I haven't killed him yet." Avant took a few steps, circling the foal, considering him. "He's at least part Kalona, though I don't know if he is even a halfbreed like us, sister. What should we do with him, now that he is here. Without his Kalona-parent to protect him." He bared his teeth at the foal and laughed softly.

Wasteland Wyvern

~Latonia de la Courtel~

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:39 pm
"You make a fine point there." She agreed with a flick of one wing and a soft snort. She accepted the faint brush of his nose with a smile and a flash of her dainty fangs, before turning her eyes back to the colt.

"It is a bit late for that." She remarked as she considered the colt's soaked wings. Feathers weren't much good when wet, especially on gangly foalish wings... That much she was quite familiar with. "Unlikely that you would be able to escape, even if you weren't soaking wet and taunting two Soquili significantly larger than you."

She tsked, and then glanced at her brother. "Papa did warn us not to play with our food before we eat it... Or at least not for long. Since there is a chance his family will be along sooner or later... We could chase and eat him now? Wash off the blood and be on our way before they came along."

She glanced skyward. It was a bit hot to hunt and eat a foal... And she wasn't that hungry in the first place. Besides, Kalona mixes were likely to taste more like a fellow predator than prey, and that wasn't appetizing in the least. "Or you can just n** him on the haunches and send him on his way."

DarkenWoodWolf

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:35 pm
Skaal's eyes positively bugged out of his head when they mentioned eating him. 'Oh come on! Not this again!' He thought. Why must everyone insist upon eating him. What? Was he tasty smelling or something? Funnily enough it was always ones with the spaded tails that said such things.
Snorting and looking to one side he said, "Why eat me? I am nothing but tough gangly foal meat. Likely tasting like fish since its the ONLY thing I eat." He hoped the idea that he wouldn't be very tasty would fend them off and if not he added for comfort, "Besides you both look a little like I do? Why destroy a life when you can turn it to your whims? I'd make a good adopted son no?" His eyes shifted when he said that. He had no actual intention of going with them but if it saved his life he just might have to reconsider.

~Latonia de la Courtel~
I just had an idea that maybe they could kidnap him and teach him to be all sinister like a Kalona should be. Could make for funny plots?

DarkenWoodWolf
Or feel free to toss me any options for this RP as well. Lately my ideas tend to fall flat. Lol.

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:33 am
Avant checked his grin and looked over at his sister, drawing it out into a sneer. "Yes, and we always do what father says?" Avant had no intention of eating the foal. Running into the little filly had given him an odd soft spot for the foals. He didn't think it was very like him, or like his kind, but he could see no point in actually harming them.

He looked at the foal, shock passing over his face quickly, before the idea took root in his head. "Yes, you probably would." Avant tilted his head and looked down at him, studying his wings. "You have Kalona blood in you, obviously, but you know nothing of yourself. You only eat fish... because? Is that what you were taught? You really are supposed to be a hunter, a predator, and you are act afraid in front of those who actually are hunters." He paused. "Never a good idea."

Avant paced forward a bit, looking down at him. "You 'parents' obviously don't know what to do with you, if they think they can suppress what is in your blood."

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 pm
His heart fluttered away in his chest like a scared rabbits. He didn't actually expect the larger male to agree to his haphazard idea but in a way he liked the option of being raised by something so fearsome. He loved his mother, and always would be she couldn't teach him of the blood he bore for his wings were unlike his siblings. He needed to know the other side of himself.
"Well I only eat fish because I like how it tastes, but my mother forces my to eat greens as well though they upset my stomach... My mother is a fluttercorn and I don't know my dad, but if he's like you then I know nothing of their culture. I would like to though." There was no lie in his voice. He always wondered what exactly he was and now he had the chance to find out.
"Would you take me with you and teach me what my blood means?" He looked back over his shoulder at the small clearing where his mother and siblings were resting for the day. He would miss them dearly but now was the time to find himself. 'Goodbye mother. I won't forget you... Please don't cry when I am gone.'

DarkenWoodWolf

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

~Latonia de la Courtel~

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Eloquent Witch

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:49 pm
"Life would be riotously boring, if we did." She agreed with a flick of her ear. Listening to father was wise, most of the time.. "Though you cannot argue, Papa usually knows what he is speaking of.

After all, her sire too had adopted a mixed-blood filly once upon a time. And she should have listened to him when he mentioned -even only in passing- what it had entailed. But she had considered herself a better judge about such things, at the time... She had been young and foolish. So in spite of it all she had adopted a foal, and gone through all that was associated with it.

She would not make that mistake again. Her brother was free to do as he liked, but Keshani had already learned her lesson. Never again.

"Showing fear or running is the best way to get yourself in trouble with a predator." She agreed with Avant, turning her attention back to the colt. "Indeed, if you run from any hunter, you inspire them to chase you. Between you and I, little one? You would not escape."

She snorted and shook her head. Fish? This lad was large enough to catch rabbits, to snatch squirrels off of low branches and perhaps catch a wood dove unawares... He could be hunting in truth... Avant would certainly fix that.

"Fish get rather dull, and greens would upset you." She murmured, a conversational tone slipping.. "If she wants you to eat greens, you should eat whatever eats greens."

At that point, she glanced at her brother." Rabbits are always a good place to start."

DarkenWoodWolf

Wasteland Wyvern

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2014 3:18 pm
Avant shook his head, agreeing with his sister. The foal should be eating things that eat greens. Maybe his mother wanted him to be... nicer, or whathaveyou, but to put the foal in distress by making him eat things that didn't agree with him was wrong.

It was so very strange that he had such strong feelings about this. He normally didn't care what happened to others. Maybe it was just that this... little thing couldn't take care of himself properly. He was supposed to be a meat eater. End of story.

"I'll teach you how to be Kalona." Avant agreed. "But I think it's best if you just come with me now rather than having any long goodbyes." He followed the colt's glance, knowing that the foals family was probably back there somewhere, and as much as he agreed to teach the foal, he wasn't going to fight for him. He didn't care quite that much.

Avant glanced at his sister and nodded. "There is a rabbit warren near one of my hideaways." He wasn't going to take the little one to his home, not with the possibility of the unicorn blood in him driving him mad. And not with the probability of him going back to his mother at some point. Avant didn't want to be hunted down while he slept, after all. "Come along then, foal. And tell me your name. You can call me Avant, should you wish too."

Wasteland Wyvern

~Latonia de la Courtel~

DarkenWoodWolf

Antagonistic Strategist

Wasteland Wyvern

Dangerous Demigod

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:18 am
Skaal listened as they stated that he should be eating the things that ate greens. He'd never heard of such things. Then about the predator and the need to chase something that ran. It was almost too much for his brain to compute but he stored all of the info that the pair was giving him. It was nice to know what he was and to be taught what he needed to do.
"Thank you Avant. I know that teaching someone like me is... Difficult, but I do appreciate your efforts. I just want to know who I am." Almost as an afterthought he said, "My mother name me Skaalbjorn in remembrance of my father she said, but my sisters call me Skaal." He trotted at the side of the big male glad that he was finally getting to know himself.

'You'll never truly know yourself boy! You can't know what you truly are and what it will mean for you in the future. You are nothing but a freak, and will stay that way till you die!' The voice was laughing at him again. It always did this when he did something that 'it' found foolish or pointless.

Skaal shook his head to clear away the voice and gradually the laughing in his head ceased, 'the voice' going silent for now.

DarkenWoodWolf

~Latonia de la Courtel~

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas