Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] Which Way? (Mia & Marcy) (End) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:22 pm
Marcy knew how to find the school Gates. That part was easy~ It was one the many landmarks she'd made sure to take special note of during her few weeks at school.

And so there they were, the gates! Once past them, they would be on their way to the weeping forest and off to see the grand museum. Marcy couldn't wait. "Oh, Mia! I am so excited! Thank you, again, for agreeing to help me find which way to go. I know I'd get lost all on my own. This world is so big and interesting. There is so much stuff." She looked like she couldn't be happier.

And really, she couldn't. "This is going to be so wonderful!"

xxx[A.V.]
This thread...might end up being really short. XD Depending on how long it takes to find the forest/portal. >>

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 6:42 pm
Really. Only a complete idiot wouldn't be able to find the school gates. And said idiot wouldn't even BE in the school if they couldn't find the gates into the school. Logic.

"There is," she nodded, acknowledging the fact that some... were not as great as others. But it was a vast world, and there was always the good with the bad. Perhaps, she would finally see the good side of things for once. Perhaps.
"Let's hope so. I'd hate for us to take all this time and effort to find the place, only to have it end up as a disappointment."
Really. If only she knew what was in store for them both...

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:05 am
Enthusiastic nodding seemed to be something Marcy was good at. Especially when it came to agreeing about how wonderful something was going to be. Like all the amazing stuff in the world.

But then Marcy's face fell a little, and if one looked closely, she might have become a bit more transparent. Almost as if she'd paled, in a way. "You...you don't think it'll be a disappointment, do you?" Mia was given a look dominated by big, pleading eyes. "Not really? I know it could be...but..." She put faith in your words, Miasma. Faith in them. And if Miss Mia thought it would be a disappointment..well Marcy really didn't want it to be disappointing. For either of them. The book had made it seem so very grand and exciting.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 6:48 pm
While Mia wasn't one to sugarcoat things, she did feel bad at dampening the poor ghoul's spirit. Maybe, JUST MAYBE, her intuition was wrong, and it wouldn't be that bad... right?
"Well, it's just a speculation. I've had expectations fall flat in the past, and from experience, most of those things that seem grand, are nothing more than over-exaggeration."
She let out a sigh, and rubbed her temple. Life was a cruel mistress that way, and she supposed... she herself wasn't much better.
"Well, those are just my own thoughts. I tend to be... more negative than others, I suppose, but perhaps things will turn out quite alright."

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:07 pm
"Oh." Marcy was looking a little less solid while she took in Mia's words. It...was a little shocking to hear, was all. In her mind, Marcy had made it all seem very, very spectacular. While she knew it might not live up to those expectations... she didn't want it to 'fall flat'.

Then she blinked. "Negative? You?" Genuine surprise. Marcy honestly hadn't noticed. Though, to be fair, they had not known each other all that long. But to think of Mia as negative? Oh, no. Especially not when she added on that little bit of hope at the end.

"I'm sure they will turn out better than alright! Come on! Which way to the forest?" She was totally heading out the gates.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 8:21 pm
Yes, well...
Between having her parents pretty much disown her, horrid field classes, having to fight things, having things that tried to EAT them, and having her supposed boilfriend forget about her, there was a lot she had to be bitter for. Perhaps it wasn't as much compared to what some others may have gone through, but she tended to take things rather personally, and blow everything out of proportion. She was still rather bitter about the parent and boilfriend issue though.

Mia gave the ghoul a small sigh.
"Yes, I'm sure it will."
Maybe she'd give this "optimism" thing a try. At least, for a little bit.
"Mm, if memory serves me correctly, I do recall seeing something like a forest to the left of here."
Which meant... she had seen it to the right of her when she came here. That... sounded about right. Right?

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:21 pm
Optimism was Marcy's middle name. Well, not really, but since she didn't have a real middle name, it could have been.

"Okay!" The ghost wore a great big grin as she ran out through the gates and turned left.

She kept running.

Until she found something that might have been a forest. It wasn't really that far away. But it was big and dark and unlike anything the recalled seeing.

"Is this it?" She called back to Mia. "What do these portals look like?" Not that she waited for an answer before darting in between two trees. (It's okay, Mia, just look for the faint blue/white glow.) They were looking for a door, right? She just had to find a door.

Though...doors in the forest didn't make much sense, she realized, stopping to look around.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 9:55 pm
Quote:
gaia_crown [ Getting Started: ]

Getting into the Halls of Trickery :
- You need to camp out in the Weeping Forest after reading the information. Hunters can enter Halloween as well without a golem (recommended as the Halls themselves are very golem unfriendly due to its climate and natural enemies), for a max of 30 minutes. Each roll takes 5 IC minutes - students can pretty much park here as long as they need.
- Hunter and Horsemen, however, only have 6 chances to find the portal. If they don't find it, they will need to leave and come back. Students do not need to ICly leave and come back!
- To look for a player, all players roll 1d100 until they find the right portal.
Roll 1-50: The portal that leads to movie theater in the character's world. Kick back and relax, I guess, it's an action flick!
Roll 51-70: This portal leads to the neutral ground of the haunted house, in a room that is covered in white and red and suits of cards. Red, smeared paint reads: GO ASK -- but the rest is indecipherable.
Roll 71-80: The portal leads to the land of Valentine's. It's very, very pink, and cherubs keep trying to stab you in the butt with an arrow. It's for your own good, they yell, but you should probably skedaddle.
Roll 81-100: Congratulations! Your group found the portal! Success! You can now proceed inside.

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 1 100-sided dice: 49 Total: 49 (1-100)

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:24 pm
Quote:
Roll 1-50: The portal that leads to movie theater in the character's world. Kick back and relax, I guess, it's an action flick!

Whoa whoa Marcy CALM DOWN. These heels weren't made for running.
With a sigh, Mia went after the ghoul, doing her best not to trip on roots or get her dress snagged in branches. Really, running in such a place was a hazard for her clothes, though she guessed Marcy didn't have to worry since she could probably phase through half the things. To be honest, she was a little jealous. Just a little.

When she finally caught up, Mia huffed, and them sighed again.
"Just look for-"
And then she was gone.
Why did she even bother?

Well, whatever. She was sure Marcy would recognize a portal when she saw one. And so she went off on her own, looking around.
It didn't take long to find a distortion in space, and she peeked through, noting that it... probably wasn't what they were looking for. Unless it involves a giant screen and lots of seats.

Grifferie rolled 1 100-sided dice: 38 Total: 38 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:30 pm
Marcy didn't see any doors. Not a single one. Hrm. Like doors, right? Wait. Mia had said...something else. Hard to explain? Was that it? Marcy didn't remember what she'd been talking about. She was too busy being excited about going to remember all the directions about how to get there.

Just as she turned to look for Mia to ask again, she noticed something. Something odd. Something out of place, like the air was bending. Or changing. Like a mirror, maybe. It was hard to explain, she'd never seen anything like it before. Marcy went to poke it.

"Oh! What is this?" She had found that only did she easily slip though it, but that....she was somewhere not the forest.

A large boom caused her to flinch, and she back up - right through the portal again.

Was that Mia had meant? They were like doors... Because that one had most certainly taken her somewhere.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 1 100-sided dice: 13 Total: 13 (1-100)

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:40 pm
Action flicks didn't interest her, so Mia pulled herself away from the portal, and started looking for another one.
Surely the portal to that museum should be around here...

Grifferie rolled 1 100-sided dice: 41 Total: 41 (1-100)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 10:45 pm
Marcy stared at the space where the portal was. Then she walked around it (as best she could there was totally tree in the way on one side). Then she stuck her head inside it again.

Yep. Still took her to the strange place. Now, she knew what a movie was, and she didn't recall reading anything about movies, to this was clearly not the portal she wanted. BUT it was interesting.

Which was why she spent the next few minutes hopping in and out of the same portal. Just because she could.

It was fascinating.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.] rolled 1 100-sided dice: 94 Total: 94 (1-100)

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 12:45 pm
Had she known what Marcy was doing, Mia would have sighed and shook her head. Though, she'd probably admit that it was kind of cute how Marcy treated EVERYTHING like an adventure, even... hopping through a portal. But they had a task to do, and Mia pressed on, determined to find this so-called portal and find this museum or "hall of trickery" or whatever it was called.

Now that she thought about it... "Hall of Trickery"...
Surely nothing good could come from such a name. Maybe this whole thing was just a joke. It was what she thought, but not what she hoped for. Again, negative tendencies taking over, and she shook her head.
No, she couldn't disappoint the poor ghoul that way, after she had been so excited to go. Even if it was impossible, she'd MAKE it possible, and-

... well, it didn't seem to be necessary, as Mia found a portal unlike the others. The image it presented showed something seemingly resembling that of a grand museum, yet, while it was "grand" in terms of size, it seemed...

Still, this was probably the closest to whatever it was they were looking for, and after checking by taking a quick peek inside, it was probably a safe bet to say this was the place.

Pulling her head back out, she looked around, wondering just where that ghoul could have gone off to.
"Marcy! I think I found it!"

GrnGriff
Portal found!
We can just... slowly pad our posts haha

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 2:58 pm
Marcy was having herself a wonderful time walking around the portal again, poking at it from every side. Just look at it! So neat, so amazing. It was almost enough to make her lose sight of her goal.

So it was a good thing Mia found the right portal. “Really?” The little ghost turned right around and went bounding off to go find her friend.

It took her a few minutes.

But sooner rather than later she was joining Mia. “That's it? That's the right one?”  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

[A.V.]

Crew

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:36 pm
Mia stood, arms folded while she waited for Marcy. Where WAS that ghoul? Surely she hadn't gotten lost? Or... stuck in a tree?
She knew ghosts could often phase through things, but Marcy was just a first year, and it seemed she hadn't been a ghost for long, so she probably didn't have a good handle on the whole phasing thing. But to think something like that might have happened...

Sighing, she debated leaving and trying to find her, but if she did, they might end up losing the portal. Maybe, if she...
Thankfully, she didn't need to try anything, as the ghoul was soon within sight, and Mia sighed with relief.
"It should be, unless you doubt me."

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces