Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
{ TEAM GRAVEYARD SHIFT } FILMING HERE Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:43 pm
The pumpkin sun was clear, and the conditions for filming wonderful. It looked like some time had been taken by DETH to arrange a rendezvous point for the small, aspiring team, and some equipment had been placed to one side, some generic cameras, a make up set, some general lighting (though one had to be careful as the lights would try to escape if given the chance) and microphones.

It seemed like a perfect day for filming.

OOC

TEAM GRAVEYARD SHIFT

- All players assembled are part of this team! Please pick a role. Remember there can only be a MAX of one person in that role with the exception of MAX THREE actors, so if someone has already picked some role, please pick another. Please post in OOC your character's role!
- Pick up the role that responds to your characters! Your goal is to make this as SPOOKY AS POSSIBLE by using various commands. Roll the dice that corresponds to the command and add how many SPOOKY POINTS that command generated. By doing this all team members must work with each other. Each player may roll 4 commands (their choice of which one), and make sure to rp it out accordingly. They can do it in a row, or RP it smoothly throughout
- During RP there are two modes: [ FILM ON ] and [ FILM OFF ]. When your character is in FILM OFF mode, post regularily and RP them out doing whatever setup/prepare action/ talking to others as they need to be. If your character is in FILM ON mode, it means they are BEING filmed! Put in quotations OOC= "FILM ON" and then write that you want FILMED in it. See example below.
- At the end when ALL PLAYERS have rolled 4 commands, please TALLY UP ALL SPOOKY POINTS FROM ALL POSTS. That is the OVERALL SPOOKY LEVEL of your film! Once again the team with the highest spooky points win!
- After 48 hours if there are people who have not rolled, just tally those ones!
- You may also use the props as you wish which is the [ INVISIBLE LIMB SWITCH] to change things up! If you use the switch just turn it "on" and RP parts of your character's limbs invisible!

gaia_crown [ DIRECTOR : You will be using the CAMERA prop. There is a large camera placed on a tripod. When you move over to it and press RECORD, your role has begun! Film and direct as you need accordingly! The director can also throw natural props in it such as minipets/ anything they own/ etc etc to help with the movie! Just quote the people you are giving the items to! You can use any of these commands any time by posting them at the top of your post in gold red so people know!
[ Commands: ]
- FILM IN ACTION STYLE: Film using the ACTION setting which puts everyone on high contrast. RP it out accordingly! Roll 1d8 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS that generated.
- FILM IN FILM NOIR STYLE: Film in black and white setting! RP it out accordingly! Roll 1d8 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS that generated.
- FILM IN FANTASY STYLE Film using gaussian blur on everything which gives it a sort of white feel. Roll 2d4 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS it generated.

gaia_crown [ SCREENWRITER] : You will have a HAUNTED NOTEBOOK prop. Write what lines you want the actors to say and it will be projected off screen. The actors CAN then use your suggested lines in some scenes or even improvise in others.
- WRITE A DIALOGUE: Write a dialogue script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your dialogue script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.
- WRITE A POEM: Write a poem script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your poem script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.
- WRITE A SONG: Write a song script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your song script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.

gaia_crown [ LIGHTING: ]
You will have the LIGHTS prop. You can go ahead and set them up, your goal is to watch over the equipment and make sure it doesn't run away. Dramatic lighting will of course change the mood of the film!
- MORE LIGHTING: Gather a lot of intense lighting into one position. If the director is filming in FANTASY STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.
- LESS LIGHTING: Gather a lot less lighting into one position. If the director is filming in FILM NOIR STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.
- SPECULAR LIGHTING: Gather lights scattered in multiple positions. If the director is filming in ACTION STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.

gaia_crown [ ACTING: ] You are encouraged to rely on the script from the SCREENWRITER to act. If not, you can always improvise with your raw actor talent!
- DRAMATIC SPEECH: You pose and speak dramatically. Roll 1d6 to see how dramatic you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)
- TERRIFIED SPEECH: You pose and speak terrifiedly. Roll 1d6 to see how terrified you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)
- ROMANTIC SPEECH: You pose and speak romantically. Roll 1d6 to see how romantic you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)

RP SAMPLE

I AM THE ACTOR (OOC: I am doing a DRAMATIC SPEECH and I roll 1d6 and get a 1. That means I gathered 1 spooky point. )

Bob looked around, getting prepared. He stared at the lighting from the lights person and the director before reviewing his lines again. They seemed okay. "Okay," he said, "I'm going to do this!"

He posed.

FILM ON

"Alas, poor Sue, she doth meeteth her fateth so dramatically," Bob eyed the script, and decided to half improvise, putting a hand to their forehead. "We dotheth dieth one day togethereth, thus it is shall beeth!"

For extra dramatic measure, he turned on the rain switch, making it rain.

Bob was pretty impressed with his performance. He hoped everyone would enjoy it as he prepped himself for the second part.

OOC

Bob has generated 1 SPOOKY POINT

RP SAMPLE 2

I AM THE DIRECTOR (OOC: I am filming in ACTION and I roll 1d8 and get a 6. That means I gathered 6 spooky points. )

Steve the director pondered what to do next after Bob. That was terrible. It was time for him to shift focus, as he dumped an assortment of his own foxfires into the setting. "Okay!" he shouted to Bob,"imagine that you're being attacked by a lot of foxfires and it's really bloody! Sue, come help Bob! Jim the screenwriter, let me know if you have any cool lines for them. Otherwise, ACTION!"

FILM ON

Steve threw a whole army of foxfires into the film set. The foxfires yipped and ran around while he continued filming. He turned on the rain switch again, making it pour. The scene was set for the actors.

"Anytime you're ready!" Steve shouted to the other team members.
OOC

Bob has generated 6 SPOOKY POINTS

Kaineferu

Meegane

the_scowling_cat

Shadica

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:15 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

Aldara blinked up at the sun as she stepped on to the set, slipping a pair of sunglasses down out of her hair and onto her face. Another hand came up so that the harpy ghoul could stifle a yawn while glancing around. Maybe she could get some sort of extra credit for this... If anything, it was least a chance to meet others, right? And maybe have a little bit of fun while at it.

(( I'll be at work until 6pm EST tomorrow, but I'll happily toss Aldara wherever she's needed to fill in whatever is decided! ))  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 9:42 pm
[OFF FILM]

With her fingers laced, she walked more onto the site of their filming whilst twiddling her thumbs. Her fiery gaze looked around, her mind conjuring up the many areas she could set up her lights and where to catch the best possible lights.

The Peryton posed her hands above her, making a square shape with her fingers as she walked backwards, twirling here and there to give herself 'inspiration.'

Thought Aureole had nearly tumbled into the other monster that seemed to have showed up before her. A toothy grin presented itself across her face as she peered at the other through her square-shaping fingers. "Hello there. Here for the extra school points?"

Skye Starrfyre

(( I'm off tomorrow after 4pm PST but I may be called out to help my mom move some things c: Just lemme know when Aureole needs to have her lights ready to go! ))  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:57 am
[ OFF FILM ]

Carlos was here. Awe no sound effects? That was ok he could be an actor. He roamed over to the paint and got into it painting all over his body and turning bits invisible. Yes! This was the best.

"Hum dum dum dum. What goes here? An invisible one." he roamed the set and snagged at Aldara's ankles with a wispy illusion claw.

Skye Starrfyre

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

a-disgruntled-dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:30 pm
[ OFF FILM - Hamika is taking an ACTOR role ]

Hamika stretched and looked around. This wasn't exactly what she'd signed up for, but the ghoul was flexible. She pulled out a notebook from her pack and took a few notes before slipping it back in.

[ Graveyard Shift Filming: This should be interesting. ]

She smiled at those gathered and waved. "Hiya! I'll act as you need me to!" She left out that she'd never acted in her life, but hey it was a good time to try!

Skye Starrfyre

Kaineferu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:43 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

She was about to respond to the ghoul who had addressed her when she felt a phantom claw graze her ankle. Her first instinct was to kick it away, the second to yell at the person responsible. Instead of yell she gave the cheshire cat a very disapproving glance before picking up the director's clip board, unofficially putting herself in charge.

"Alright... So you've got lights..." She gestured to the ghoul who was already eying the area. "From what I understand they may need a bit of wrangling. Once we figure out where we're going with this we'll discuss mood and go from there."

The magpie harpy wheeled on her heels, turning to the cat again. "You. You're already getting into the mood... So why don't we make you this movie's villain. That is if you're up for it. Are you?" Her brow quirked, clearly issuing a challenge that she hoped the Cat would accept.

"You." She pointed out to the ghoul with the notebook. "Notebook girl. I remember you. From the weird nightmare door thing. How about we make you the heroine. We'll put you in a roll you were made for. You can be a reporter investigating the story of whatever it is that he," she made a vague gesture to the Cat again, "decides that he is... Or whatever our writer decides he is."

Which reminded her... She glanced down at the clipboard again. There were two others who were supposed to be in there group. "Hmm... It looks like we're waiting on one more actor and our (un)lucky script writer."

Kaineferu
LIGHTS

Meegane
SCREENWRITER? ;;

the_scowling_cat
ACTION

Shadica
ACTION

phantompanther13
ACTION

(( Anyone is more than welcome to tell Aldara she's being a bossy priss. XD ))  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:02 pm
[OFF SCREAM]

"Carlos is... villain? Carlos is the Riddler!" He let out a high pitched squeal and laughed running/floating about the set, his illusion claws wracking the air. Yes. He would be the evil Riddler. Carlos was very pleased to try and be a villain. Usually he got left with boring roles like the side kick when he played with his siblings. Actually more often he was the unwilling victim, usually tied up and hung from a tree or some such.

But today today he would kidnap someone. He eyed the other actors deciding who to pick.

Oh wait interview? Ok, he would tell glorious riddles. . "I'm am the Riddler." he announced again showing off his Cheshire grin.

Skye Starrfyre
Carlos likes his role, thank you.
*looks up more lame riddles*

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:22 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

Cadence was still not used to the layout of the campus and the fact that they were meeting at a secret location didn't help as the ghoul got turned around a few times trying to find the filming location, while she as a bit late she had at least manged to make it before they started filming.

"Hey, sorry about being a bit late!" she called out as she ran up to the group she stopped to take a breath before continuing to talk "I signed up to be one of the actors, If those slots haven't been taken yet." Being late meant that there was a good chance that all the good roles, and to her acting was definitely one of the good ones where taken. "If those are gone I can fill in wherever you need me." Just tell her were to go and she was ready to go, this was going to be fun!

Kaineferu

Meegane

the_scowling_cat

Skye Starrfyre

phantompanther13

(woops! sorry for the hold up! <3)  

shadica

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:33 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

"Carlos?" Her brow lofted and she paused a moment to lift up her shades so that she could eye the Cat again without them interfering with her view. Was that his actual name? His stage name? Was he already referring to himself in third person?

When he said 'I am the Riddler' she took that as a yes and then slid her shades back down, tapping one well manicured nail on her clipboard. "Sure. You can call yourself that if it makes you happy... Carlos, was it?"

Then her attention was to the ghoul who just showed up on site and she flashed her a smile. "No need for apologies! You're not the last one here, at least." Rather to the point, but still smiling at least. "Since we've got our Villain and our Investigator... What kind of roll do you think we could put you in? Hapless Victim? Or would you like to be the Rescuing Hero?"

phantompanther13

shadica

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:58 pm
[Off Film]

"Oh good!" She said and smiled back at the other ghoul. "I'm Cadence by the way." She introduced herself before thinking over the rolls she was presented, The hero one sounded far more interesting than being a victim, it meant that she could run around and beat stuff up right? Fighting sounded fun, much more fun than just running and screaming and climbing trees like the humans in the movie had done. "Rescuing hero sounds like fun!" She responded after a bit, if it came down to it she could probably play the other role too, assuming that the human pin they where given would make her look different, since she already looked considerably human being a reaper and all.

Skye Starrfyre

shadica

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 pm
[ OFF FILM- The Riddler (Villain)]

"I am the Riddler! You must solve my riddles to defeat me!" Carlos announce.

"I will take the reporter hostage!" he grinned and tugged on Hamika's hand. He might not have realized that they were going to be filming this, not just playing a game. Luckly Carlos was pretty small and didn't have the ability to pick her up or anything like that.

Kaineferu
Carlos wants spooky lighting. o3o

Meegane
get in here!

the_scowling_cat
taking you hostage. o3o

Skye Starrfyre
Thank you for directing.

shadica
my arch nemesis!

Quote:
Ok ready to go. XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm
[OFF FILM]

"Pleasure to meet you, Cadence. My name is Aldara." She flashed the other ghoul another pleasant smile. "I'd like to talk with our writer first before we get too far ahead; give them a chance to plot out some dialogue for everyone. It's good that some people are already getting into character." Aldara cast a sidelong glance in Carlos' direction before leaning in close to Cadence to murmur just to the other ghoul. "... If you have to use force to subdue him, by all means, for get the riddles... We're going for spooky here."

And then she was all smiles again, clearing her throat before tucking the clipboard under her arm so that she could clap her hands loudly to draw a bit of attention to herself again (she was starting to like this, all in all).

"I think I'd like to start out with a little bit of FILM NOIR to set the scene with our reporter. Fill in a little bit of backstory about the scene at hand for our viewers... Up until she is captured. Then I'd like to see a little ACTION, maybe a fight scene? Something that will give our hero a time to shine. We'll end with a FANTASY note but try to leave room for a sequel, ok?" A brief pause and she looked towards the light-wrangler.

"Think you can give me the right lighting for that? I'm going to put you in charge of the invisible limb switch too, unless you think that's too much along with the lights..."

shadica

Kaineferu

Meegane

the_scowling_cat

phantompanther13

Quote:
Since we've got the 48hrs I'd like to try and give everyone a chance to toss a post in before we start 'filming'. NO ONE GETS LEFT BEHIND IN THIS HORROR FILM. *shot*

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

LiquidMangos

Feral Leaf

18,650 Points
  • Giving Spooks the Spook 100
  • Waffles! 25
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

Aureole's laced fingers turned into her rubbing her hands together, anxiously. "You got it!" She was sure that the others knew what they were doing as she made her way over to the equipment, being sure to grab a good amount of rope.

Upon testing the strength of the rope, she eyed the lighting and made a quick charge for them. "Just give me-" One of them yanked out of her grasp before she grabbed it again while holding two others in her 'free' arm. "-There!"

She hugged the lighting equipment to herself before nodding. "You got it, chief! I'll be sure to keep these," Aureole's arms rose a bit to gesture the lights in her arms." Under control as much as I can!"

"Hmm... What about-Oof" She fell back a bit before leaning against the wall to keep the lights with her. "What about The heroine over there having the invisible limb switch? Could make for a great effect if something were to happen to a limb of hers? Possible gore to go with the fright?"

This would make a wonderful tale, for sure!

"By the way-" A grunt escaped before she smiled. "Name's Aureole"

Meegane

the_scowling_cat

Skye Starrfyre

phantompanther13

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:17 pm
[OFF FILM]

A certain serpent dragon boil showed up, talking lightly with the head - or is that a sentiment tail? Anyway he beamed and introduced himself to the rest, "Hey, I am AJ, year 2 monster student, nice to meet you all. I see some familiar faces here -" He paused, scanned through his teammates while particularly held a few seconds more on a certain cheshire cat. "Anyway, what are we up to?" He randomly took a seat like the others, a sweet scent might be sniffed if anyone was near him.

xshadica

xKaineferu

xSkye Starrfyre
I doubt if I can take the important screenwriter role because I can't post much & available time is different from the others, I am really sorry ;___;

xthe_scowling_cat

xphantompanther13

(Weird time zone GMT+8 & Work, I will try my best to post)  

Meegane
Crew

Shoujo Dreamer

24,465 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Nerd 50

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:50 pm
[ OFF FILM ]

"Oooo. I like how you think, Aureole." The ghoul pushed her sunglasses up out of her face again, snagging the video camera before turning to cast a quick glance at their newest arrival.

"Welcome to the group, AJ. We're filming a bit of a mystery thriller, I think. We've got lights," she made a gesture to Aureole, "camera," she held up the camera, "and action over there...." she made one more gesture to the three who had designated themselves as the actors. "We could probably use a little bit of dialogue, maybe a riddle or two so Carlos isn't coming up with all of them on his own... But if that's not your thing maybe Aureole could use help with the lights? OR we could go for a SURPRISE ENDING and toss in an extra actor..."

In which case everyone might be on their own for dialogue OR she could ask one of the other actors in the party to come up with a few lines to choreograph the battle scene... Either way, she was eager to be filming.

Kaineferu

Meegane

the_scowling_cat

Shadica

phantompanther13

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items