Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
{ TEAM NIGHTMARE HILL } FILMING THREAD HERE Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:42 pm
The pumpkin sun was clear, and the conditions for filming wonderful. It looked like some time had been taken by DETH to arrange a rendezvous point for the small, aspiring team, and some equipment had been placed to one side, some generic cameras, a make up set, some general lighting (though one had to be careful as the lights would try to escape if given the chance) and microphones.

It seemed like a perfect day for filming.

OOC

TEAM NIGHTMARE HILL

- All players assembled are part of this team! Please pick a role. Remember there can only be a MAX of one person in that role with the exception of MAX THREE actors, so if someone has already picked some role, please pick another. Please post in OOC your character's role!
- Pick up the role that responds to your characters! Your goal is to make this as SPOOKY AS POSSIBLE by using various commands. Roll the dice that corresponds to the command and add how many SPOOKY POINTS that command generated. By doing this all team members must work with each other. Each player may roll 4 commands (their choice of which one), and make sure to rp it out accordingly. They can do it in a row, or RP it smoothly throughout
- During RP there are two modes: [ FILM ON ] and [ FILM OFF ]. When your character is in FILM OFF mode, post regularily and RP them out doing whatever setup/prepare action/ talking to others as they need to be. If your character is in FILM ON mode, it means they are BEING filmed! Put in quotations OOC= "FILM ON" and then write that you want FILMED in it. See example below.
- At the end when ALL PLAYERS have rolled 4 commands, please TALLY UP ALL SPOOKY POINTS FROM ALL POSTS. That is the OVERALL SPOOKY LEVEL of your film! Once again the team with the highest spooky points win!
- After 48 hours if there are people who have not rolled, just tally those ones!
- You may also use the props as you wish which is the [ ARTIFICIAL MINIPET CANDY to change things up! Feed a minipet candy, and watch it grow HUGEEE. COLOSSALLY HUGE (about 30 feet)

gaia_crown [ DIRECTOR : You will be using the CAMERA prop. There is a large camera placed on a tripod. When you move over to it and press RECORD, your role has begun! Film and direct as you need accordingly! The director can also throw natural props in it such as minipets/ anything they own/ etc etc to help with the movie! Just quote the people you are giving the items to! You can use any of these commands any time by posting them at the top of your post in gold red so people know!
[ Commands: ]
- FILM IN ACTION STYLE: Film using the ACTION setting which puts everyone on high contrast. RP it out accordingly! Roll 1d8 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS that generated.
- FILM IN FILM NOIR STYLE: Film in black and white setting! RP it out accordingly! Roll 1d8 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS that generated.
- FILM IN FANTASY STYLE Film using gaussian blur on everything which gives it a sort of white feel. Roll 2d4 to see how many SPOOKY POINTS it generated.

gaia_crown [ SCREENWRITER] : You will have a HAUNTED NOTEBOOK prop. Write what lines you want the actors to say and it will be projected off screen. The actors CAN then use your suggested lines in some scenes or even improvise in others.
- WRITE A DIALOGUE: Write a dialogue script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your dialogue script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.
- WRITE A POEM: Write a poem script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your poem script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.
- WRITE A SONG: Write a song script for your actors. RP it out accordingly @ prompting them! For each actor that uses your song script add + 4 SPOOKY POINTS. This can only be done for a max of two actors.

gaia_crown [ LIGHTING: ]
You will have the LIGHTS prop. You can go ahead and set them up, your goal is to watch over the equipment and make sure it doesn't run away. Dramatic lighting will of course change the mood of the film!
- MORE LIGHTING: Gather a lot of intense lighting into one position. If the director is filming in FANTASY STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.
- LESS LIGHTING: Gather a lot less lighting into one position. If the director is filming in FILM NOIR STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.
- SPECULAR LIGHTING: Gather lights scattered in multiple positions. If the director is filming in ACTION STYLE add +5 spooky points otherwise it does +0.

gaia_crown [ ACTING: ] You are encouraged to rely on the script from the SCREENWRITER to act. If not, you can always improvise with your raw actor talent!
- DRAMATIC SPEECH: You pose and speak dramatically. Roll 1d6 to see how dramatic you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)
- TERRIFIED SPEECH: You pose and speak terrifiedly. Roll 1d6 to see how terrified you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)
- ROMANTIC SPEECH: You pose and speak romantically. Roll 1d6 to see how romantic you were, the higher the better (or if you were just terrible)

RP SAMPLE

I AM THE ACTOR (OOC: I am doing a DRAMATIC SPEECH and I roll 1d6 and get a 1. That means I gathered 1 spooky point. )

Bob looked around, getting prepared. He stared at the lighting from the lights person and the director before reviewing his lines again. They seemed okay. "Okay," he said, "I'm going to do this!"

He posed.

FILM ON

"Alas, poor Sue, she doth meeteth her fateth so dramatically," Bob eyed the script, and decided to half improvise, putting a hand to their forehead. "We dotheth dieth one day togethereth, thus it is shall beeth!"

For extra dramatic measure, he turned on the rain switch, making it rain.

Bob was pretty impressed with his performance. He hoped everyone would enjoy it as he prepped himself for the second part.

OOC

Bob has generated 1 SPOOKY POINT

RP SAMPLE 2

I AM THE DIRECTOR (OOC: I am filming in ACTION and I roll 1d8 and get a 6. That means I gathered 6 spooky points. )

Steve the director pondered what to do next after Bob. That was terrible. It was time for him to shift focus, as he dumped an assortment of his own foxfires into the setting. "Okay!" he shouted to Bob,"imagine that you're being attacked by a lot of foxfires and it's really bloody! Sue, come help Bob! Jim the screenwriter, let me know if you have any cool lines for them. Otherwise, ACTION!"

FILM ON

Steve threw a whole army of foxfires into the film set. The foxfires yipped and ran around while he continued filming. He turned on the rain switch again, making it pour. The scene was set for the actors.

"Anytime you're ready!" Steve shouted to the other team members.
OOC

Bob has generated 6 SPOOKY POINTS

phantompanther13

and be blue

_ p a o cx

Sammpai

Nio Love

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:08 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

As the first to arrive on 'set', Tenniel took a moment to glance around and familiarize himself with the area. They had good natural lighting provided from the pumpkin sun above, which was a start as long as they were going for something of that nature. He nodded once, pondering various scenes and scenarios before glancing around again, wondering who would show up next and who would be the one to take charge.

(( I'll be at work until around 6pm EST tomorrow and can totally and happily fill in WHEREVER the rest of the group decides that Tenn's needed. <33 ))  

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 3:37 am
[ FILM OFF ]

And just like that, the sound effects role was snipped right out of the activity. Gabby was so sad he went to go become a weapon. Gabby couldn't have given less of a damn, but at least their group still looked on target to cause him the least distress while working with them.

"Well, I guess, I can do anything." He ignored the fact that - with his perfectly pressed, expensive suit, and his long, flowing locks - he probably already looked like a movie star (or at least thought he did), and just let his group tell him what to do. It was easier than making a choice that really didn't matter in the end.

"As long as I'm not in charge." Gabby was far too lazy to do something like direct.

sammpai
Just letting you know I'm here~
Quote:
EVERYBODY ELSE TOO

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:27 am
[ FILM OFF ]

I AM THE DIRECTOR

Andrew was here. He was ready to do some of this filming stuff. Awe what? No director's chair, that was ok, he might have brought his own. (It was slung over his shoulder pinned by a wing they were useful like that. It was really just a fold up chair but it was better than nothing.) He plunked it down near the camera.

"Alright guys, I have a vision. A vision of a 50 foot dragon stomping around chasing some poor sap. Now Gabby, I know you are a dragon but you are lights." Andrew gave the dragon a small huff of disappointment. He did not want to work with that one, something about the last encounter involving water balloons. "For our convenience I brought a mini. If anyone brought something better, bring it forward. My heart is not stuck on dragons." Andrew gestured to the slower mini that fallowed him. It might have been a little on fire.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The mini yawned and plopped down at the spot Andrew gestured to, it didn't look to interesting in the group or anything really. It looked more interested in a nap than anything. It received a frown of disapproval.

"You might need some prompting, that's ok I brought snacks."

"Here's my idea, we need a group of some people casually living their lives. Roam around, maybe toss a little drama in there, and then suddenly a giant mini comes charging through. Everyone runs and hides at it knocks some things down and causes general destruction. One by one you step forward and try to fight it and I want someone to die. Not really die, just play dead ok?

Then someone steps forward with some food and makes peace with the mini."

"Finally I need a screen writer. Someone to make ups lines and stuff. Everyone else will be actors. Let's get this show on the road guys."

Andrew might have been a little demanding and impatient but he had stayed up all night thinking about this ok? It was time to do this. He didn't want to take too long.

He played with the Camera checking it out and the settings.

"I'm gonna go Nori style, fantasy style then the mini arrives and then action style during the fight scene and then back to Nori style Gabby."

Skye Starrfyre
hello

and be blue
Andrew

_ p a o cx
Is taking

Sammpai
charge.

Nio Love
Telling you what to do.

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 7:28 am
[ FILM OFF ]

Kane had met with his assigned group, sticking to the usual shadows and quiet as the teen was wont to do...well, whenever really. He'd signed up as an actor so there was no real need to fidget with any of the equipment that was ready and waiting for them as they, one by one, arrived to film. Red eyes took in the surroundings in silence, and he regarded those he caught sight of with the slightest of nods.

He really needed to learn how to socialize better.

When someone came up and basically took to being the director he just listened and nodded along, then raised a hand when the idea of playing dead came up. Easy out, he figured, and even if he didn't know the first thing about acting, he was pretty sure he could at least manage to lie still and barely breath.

"I'll be the dead guy," Kane volunteered. The rest of whatever their director said was lost to him -- he knew nothing about films and filming.

Quote:
Day off for me tomorrow~! :>

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:40 pm
[FILM OFF]

Harrow chewed on the inside of his cheek as he took in the rest of them -- his head tipped to the side, unsure what to do. Relief would wash across his face, and clearly, at someone else taking charge. He, certainly, wasn't going to object. Better someone else than him, after all...

Pen tapping nervously against his desk, he watched his fingers and tried to pull together at least a handful of guts to speak up. When he did, his hand went up -- wavered in the air for a moment -- and then went down again. Right. They weren't in class, and now everyone was certainly going to tease him. He flushed in preparation.

"I could. Write. Maybe." It came out very low. He did not sound certain about this at all.

phantompanther13

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Normal Everyday Human 50
  • Beta Gaian 0
phantompanther13 rolled 1 8-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-8)

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:34 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

I AM THE DIRECTOR

He pointed at Harrow. "Ok. You go sit over there and think up some good lines." he didn't even ask these other students their names, he just commanded like he owned the place. "Remember to prompt when you have them written.

"Sounds good, you be the dead guy... just make sure it's dramatic." he said to Kane. actually that was perfect as he seemed to be a bit... skinned as it was. Well maybe not they were supposed to look human.

"Grab some pins, this is a human movie after all. Get into position and we'll start filming. Let's go for what we are, students. It will just make things easier. So just talk about your latest test or something." sometimes it was just best to keep things simple.

"Efflo you are an actor. So are you." Andrew pointed at Efflo and the Caterpillar.

"Does everyone know their position? Good. I'm going to go ahead and roll in ten minutes. So be ready."

Andrew set up the Camera and pointed it towards their little filming ground. It was going to be a short movie but that was the idea. I'm starting this thing in ten minutes. I want to just do this all in one shot. So let's just go for this."

When the ten minutes were up Andrew rolled the camera arguments or not. This was totally a thing and was happening.

Skye Starrfyre
You are an actor

and be blue
go write me some lines. XD

_ p a o cx
be the dead guy awesome! thank you for volunteering.

Sammpai
you're an actor

Nio Love
you are on lights.

Quote:
I'm just going to roll the Camera now. You can rp out getting ready or whatever and then post [On film] to do what you want to be on the film. If you have a suggestion feel free to voice it before you write [on film] in your post.
Andrew may take it into consideration. (You are also free to challenge him but I believe we have a time limit.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 4:49 pm
[FILM OFF]

"Excuse me..." Tenniel raised his hand hesitantly, waiting until he had the director's attention before taking a slow, deliberate puff from the hookah that he had procured from somewhere within the satchel that he'd brought with him to the set. He puffed out the smoke very slowly, thinking on the question that he was going to ask.

"What... Is my motivation?" He flashed the other a grin before shifting happily on his feet. "I've always wanted to say that... But, no, honestly, are we just going for a dragon attack or is our writer going to throw something else in there. Ghoul's love a good romance, if that Corpse Bride was any proof of that."

phantompanther13

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:15 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

I AM THE DIRECTOR

"Corpse bride was stupid." Andrew said bluntly. He was so unhappy with that movie, so unhappy. "But you can make one up. I don't care. We don't have a ghoul on hand and Gabby will kill you if you take Efflo. but we can pretend, Call her Juliet... actually we have an all male group don't we?" Andrew glanced around.

"Writer! Throw in some some romance to! This guy has an undead Ghoul friend named Juliet. Oh wait make her human we are doing a human movie. Make sure he has a powerfully moving speech or song or poem or something."

Skye Starrfyre
request granted. Sort of.

and be blue
Telling you what to do again.

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:34 pm
I AM THE WRITER

Harrow'd never written on a deadline before, not really, and as he grabbed his notebook, he was already starting to regret his decision -- the threat of a camera about to roll hiking up a sense of paranoia about his own talents almost enough to make him sweat. As he scribbled in the book, he started with some simple notes.

Students in a classroom, real life drama
Giant mini dragon comes and attacks
They fight/flee
Some guy dies
The dragon wins ?

It was a good outline. Carefully, he added to it:

Students in a classroom, real life drama
-- Someone failed the class
-- Boyfriend comforting her
-- Dragon shows up and he protects her
-- Boyfriend is the one who dies, she is very sad and cries over the body

It was a good outline, and it boosted his confidence, lighting up his face. He could do this, certainly. He had a story, and now it was just a matter of filling in the right lines. It even gave him the courage to blink at the director and barely stutter at all as he spoke.

"It's. Um. It's serious. Right? I mean..." He hesitated. "It's not funny?"

phantompanther13

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

phantompanther13

Dangerous Flame

14,900 Points
  • Cheercrusher 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:41 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

I AM THE DIRECTOR

Andrew gave the writer a look and then shrugged his wings stretching slightly with the movement.

"I don't care. You are the writer. Honestly I'm not expecting perfection. Just keep it simple." maybe he would give them a little more time. Oh well.

and be blue

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 12:54 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

Flushing deeply at the complete apathy from the director -- and most certainly regretting his decision to ask for, well, direction -- Harrow's expression took on a more decisive look as he stepped in to talk to the actors and guide them in front of the camera.

"O-okay. You, um." He pointed awkwardly, apologetically, at Tenniel. He should have known his name. He didn't. "You're the boyfriend and she's your girlfriend and you'll...you'll say something like..."

"Oh, my love, I'm so sorry you failed your Humanology class. You are just too scary and you need to learn to not be scary."

Harrow looked bright; good dialogue, he thought. It sounded very human. The sorts of things humans would learn in school. "And then you'll say something very romantic like..."

"But I love you all the same, especially your beautiful skin, which I would love to wear over my own."

Humans liked skin, right? He thought that was a thing. And wearing your true love's skin was a very romantic image. So he bobbed his head in a nod, and looked to the girlfriend, instead. "And you'll just cry, but make it look very dramatic, very loud, heavy crying, just sobbing into your hands all snotty and everything, and then as your boyfriend says dramatic things at you you look up at the approaching monster and scream."

It was the perfect setting, he thought. Harrow actually smiled, snapping his book closed.

Skye Starrfyre
Want to be the ghoul friend? Harrow's assuming you will be. XD

_ p a o cx
Harrow's feeding you lines!

and be blue
Crew

Ruthless Nerd

20,650 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Beta Gaian 0

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:22 pm
[ FILM OFF ]

"I can definitely work with that." He nodded, pitching his voice slightly higher as he removed his cravat so that he could stuff it down his shirt, fluffing it and then buttoning his jacket to hold it in place so that he could pull off being a ghoul just a little bit better. He could also wear his messenger bag. Ghoul's liked purses, right?

Once he was done stuffing his shirt he brought his hand up, tousling his hair slightly only to put a 'pretty' pout on his lips afterwards. "How's this? Do I look like I could be someone's ghoulfriend?"

and be blue

its_ p a o rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:36 pm
I AM THE ACTOR (OOC: I am doing a ROMANTIC SPEECH and I roll 1d6 and get a 6. That means I gathered 6 spooky points.)

Kane was, as usual, doing his best to blend into the shadows, listening carefully all the while. His eyes darted from one team member to the next, doing his best to attach names to faces as he heard them. And so plans were made and he nodded when, once the planning was all done, one of his teammates (whose name he didn't know yet started feeding him lines.

"Uh.." he looked over at his "ghoul friend" and blinked a few times, then shrugged and nodded again. "Alright." The teen replayed the lines in his head a few times before getting into position; the director did say that he wasn't expecting perfection, so he posed and started acting.

Or, you know, trying to.

Film On
Kane faced Tenniel and was posing rather...plainly, though he wasn't really sure how to pose given that he didn't really have any direction. ""Oh, my love," he started, then paused for an awkwardly lengthy amount of time because he forgot the lines.

Thankfully, his memory served him pretty well and it came back slowly. And the choppy dialogue definitely showed it. "I'm so.. uh, sorry you...failed...your Humanology class. You are just too...scary and you need to learn to...not be scary."

Despite himself he heaved a sigh and, as the next lines came to his mind he rested his hands gently on Tenniel's shoulders and tried to look convincingly in love. He'd never been in love before, so that probably looked...not at all convincing. "But I love you all the same, especially your...beautiful skin...which I would...love to...wear...over my...own."

Kane wasn't all that sure about his performance, but his parents wouldn't be able to ever tell him that he didn't shove himself out into the world. Hopefully it wasn't too bad, though.

OOC
Kane has generated 6 SPOOKY POINTS.

Skye Starrfyre
He's totally just going along with whatever, I'm sorry. >O>;

its_ p a o

Witty Punching Bag

Skye Starrfyre rolled 0-sided dice: Total: 0 (-0)

Skye Starrfyre

Magical Lunatic

20,775 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2014 1:53 pm
nothing to see here...  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff