Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 pm
So I'll post a spam thread instead. razz

I have a lot on my mind right now (don't worry; nothing bad), and it's just hard to verbalize it all I guess. I seriously sat there trying to write a thread topic for 15+ minutes, deleting and rewriting stuff every few minutes until I just gave up. Maybe I just need to be more impulsive and hit "submit" anyway, even if I change my mind about posting...  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:52 pm
I seriously need to stop my addiction to the word "just." It's even annoying me now that I'm noticing how freakishly often I utilize it. emotion_donotwant  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:54 pm
Hey, Hiddo!

Long time no see!

Collage keeping you busy?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:56 pm
Oh yeah, and everything is all clear with my health issue; I went to the doctor yesterday and found out that it's something really small and simple to fix. Didn't even need to get the full examination because he found the problem immediately. Currently on a new medication that I started today that'll actually solve the problem this time. That's been a huge relief to me... smile  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm
Okami Ameras
Hey, Hiddo!

Long time no see!

Hey, Okami! biggrin

Ohhhh heck yes. I have 17 credit hours this semester; two math courses (both 8:00AM classes, on different days), a 5-credit chemistry class, a programming class and a general education psychology class. On top of my classes, I'm involved in a student professional society for engineering majors, I'm currently in the process of "rushing" (trying to join a sorority), and I'll be helping to establish both an Arts & Crafts club and a chapter of a national leadership honors society on campus this semester. I'm also digitally mentoring my old robotics team during their competition season right now. WHEW. I'm busy as hell, but I'm having a blast with it. smile  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:07 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Okami Ameras
Hey, Hiddo!

Long time no see!

Hey, Okami! biggrin

Ohhhh heck yes. I have 17 credit hours this semester; two math courses (both 8:00AM classes, on different days), a 5-credit chemistry class, a programming class and a general education psychology class. On top of my classes, I'm involved in a student professional society for engineering majors, I'm currently in the process of "rushing" (trying to join a sorority), and I'll be helping to establish both an Arts & Crafts club and a chapter of a national leadership honors society on campus this semester. I'm also digitally mentoring my old robotics team during their competition season right now. WHEW. I'm busy as hell, but I'm having a blast with it. smile
Oh damn. That IS busy. You go girl!

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:42 pm
Random thoughts:

Sometimes I don't understand people...

There's this one guy in a lot of my classes that I'm trying to figure out. He seems like the kind of guy that schmoozes and lies to get the attention he wants, like every word he speaks to me is an attempt to garner my admiration. I can almost always tell when someone is bullshitting, but he's the weird exception to my discernibility. I get the feeling that he's lying about damn near everything, but I can't see a reason for him to lie to me. People don't lie for no reason. He and I both know he has absolutely no chance with me romantically or sexually; he even knows my boyfriend.

I mean, he's not a bad guy. He's even letting me borrow one of his calculators for the semester since mine isn't an approved model for exams. It's just... he's a puzzle I'm trying to solve. I can figure out most people with ease, but he's different. He's a challenge I want to vanquish.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:11 pm
I also seem to be developing some major wanderlust lately. Not really in the sense of travelling the world like how it's usually defined, but literally that I feel this urgency, this need to wander. And it's only satisfied when I walk to places, not ride.

I guess it's pretty much an issue of needing variety in my life. When I wander places, I feel this sense of thrill, of adventure. And that's intensified when I walk because, then, I'm actually immersed in the sights and sounds and energies of the world rather than watching it pass by from behind a glassy window.

I actually walked back to campus from the hospital downtown when I had my appointment on Thursday. My boyfriend originally drove me there, and he was going to pick me up after his class, but I got out a lot earlier than anticipated and I didn't want to wait around for another 90 minutes until he was free. So I decided to walk, and it felt phenomenal. Okay, so it wasn't the smartest thing I've done: walking alone, downtown (where all the angry drunks congregate), on a cold winter day in very impractical shoes while my blood sugar was low. But I made it, and I felt so incredible doing it that I am actually very grateful that I had that chance. smile

I'm planning now to follow my desire to explore much more often. If I feel the need to wander, I'll wander. I'm already planning to walk downtown to the health food store tomorrow to pick up some gluten free bread...  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Prof. Moonie
Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:43 pm
Hiddochi wolf
I seriously sat there trying to write a thread topic for 15+ minutes, deleting and rewriting stuff every few minutes until I just gave up. Maybe I just need to be more impulsive and hit "submit" anyway, even if I change my mind about posting...

I know the feeling. I've had a few instances where I'm like "Hey! I should make a thread about that in Why Not" and then halfway through creating it, I go "Ehh... nevermind". xd  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:42 pm
I went to the health food store today. Got some bread, hotdog buns, tortillas, and a crapton of these gluten free Thai rice noodle ramen things I like.

Anyway, it was pretty busy in there today. There was a young family shopping around for gluten free stuff as well, and they had a little boy who probably wasn't any older than 4 or 5. As the parents were picking things out, the kid asks his mom, "Mommy, can I just pick one thing?" She agreed, and he toddled off somewhere. He came back with a box of something (I didn't see what it was), and hands it to his mother. She replies, "Oh, no. This has wheat in it, hun. You can't have this." That upset the little kid pretty badly.

I felt bad for the little guy. confused It's gotta be tough as hell trying to explain to a kid so young why he can't eat the things all of his friends do. It was hard enough making the transition in the middle of high school; I can only imagine what it's like for him.

On the other hand, I almost envy the fact that his family knew so early on that he was sensitive. At least when you're raised on a special diet from day one you don't have anything else to remember, to miss, to compare to. I grew up on things like Poptarts and Pizza Rolls, Chef Boyardee and Bagel Bites and Hot Pockets. I remember what those things taste like, and I miss those flavors something terrible because nothing they make in a gluten free equivalent comes anywhere close. Sometimes I still get cravings for them that I can't satisfy without sacrificing my health. If only doctors would've figured it out sooner, I wouldn't have lived such a sickly childhood and I wouldn't miss things I'd never had the chance to try.  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:42 pm
Hiddochi wolf

My mother leads a mostly gluten free diet. And she still does things like makes pizza, bakes her own bread every now and again, stuff like that.

I'd recommend looking up recipes and seeing what you can do to mimic those things yourself. Gluten free bagel recipes, handmade tomato sauces, cheeses, and bake it in the oven.

Hell, you might find something even better.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:52 pm
There's a lot on my mind again, and I'm trying to sift through all of it to make some semblance of sense even to myself...

*I'm currently failing Calculus and almost failing Chemistry, no matter how hard I work my a** off at both subjects. Especially Calc; I've been doing every single homework assignment, I've been getting daily help, I've been watching supplementary tutorials online and doing additional problems I wasn't even assigned. Yet I'm STILL failing, because my professor is addicted to pop quizzes and he always somehow manages to find the ONE QUESTION I don't ******** know how to solve. Every. Single. Time. He's a horrible lecturer, too. Seriously, no one in my class likes this guy. He's the very last one I would've picked had I known he would be this bad, but I had no choice this semester since he's the only one with Calc 1 classes this cycle around. stressed
With Chemistry, I know it's a lack of effort on my part. I would score better if I actually spent the full recommended 12 hours per week studying just for that class. But I'm an engineering student with 17 credit hours. AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT! emotion_donotwant

*I'm stressing out because I don't qualify for any scholarships since my GPA is just below a 3.0, and if my grades don't get better before finals in April, I'll just further screw myself over for another academic year.

*I'm slowly realizing that I most likely won't be able to graduate on time with all of my classmates in 2017, because I just can't handle 17 ******** credit hours per semester. This is insane. I work my a** off nonstop and still can't get anything right and I'm utterly exhausted all the time. And of course, the way they have stacked up our graduation requirements, it's necessary to have 17 credit hours each semester for 6 out of the 8 semesters in order to finish the program on time. So I'll probably be stuck up here for another year while my boyfriend and all of my friends are out starting their lives. I'll be the one left behind.

*I just learned that my job is suddenly no longer a job. Because the campus's business office made a MAJOR miscalculation at the beginning of the year ($40,000 went mysteriously missing from university budgets), the student newspaper's budget got cut by $7,000 which ate up all of our savings. We barely have enough to afford printing costs for the rest of this semester; definitely not enough for employee wages. So since we're no longer getting paid for our work, it's pretty much turning into a volunteer-based organization until we can pull in more ad revenue, and I have a feeling that a lot of our staff is going to leave because of this. I can't blame them; the reason to have a job is to get paid. But I can't bear to see this organization go under like that, because it's a long-established piece of campus history and the people running it are amazing. Yet I don't have the time to be able to contribute to keeping it afloat, and I feel so guilty because of it but I know my academics are more important. confused

*I feel like my depression is starting to come back... These past two days, I've just felt so alone and sad even though I'm surrounded by people who care. confused Perhaps it's the dreary weather. Perhaps it's because everything is going wrong right now. Either way, I'm pumping myself full of vitamin D3 (sunshine in a capsule!) and just continuing to truck through everything...  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:58 pm
On a lighter note, Depeche Mode is good music to program to. Their songs are all computer-y sounding, and I always associate the 80s with sci-fi movies and clunky technology (so of course when I see the oldschool-looking console application window, it reminds me of movies I've watched with those enormous computers in them). It really sets the mood. 3nodding

...Man, sometimes I feel like I should've grown up in the 80s instead. I like the fashions (well, most of them, anyway xD), I like the music, I like the pop culture and emphasis on technological advancement.

Instead, what does my generation get?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:29 pm
Hiddochi wolf
On a lighter note, Depeche Mode is good music to program to. Their songs are all computer-y sounding, and I always associate the 80s with sci-fi movies and clunky technology (so of course when I see the oldschool-looking console application window, it reminds me of movies I've watched with those enormous computers in them). It really sets the mood. 3nodding

...Man, sometimes I feel like I should've grown up in the 80s instead. I like the fashions (well, most of them, anyway xD), I like the music, I like the pop culture and emphasis on technological advancement.

Instead, what does my generation get?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

emotion_donotwant
I hear you. I hear you.

Bleah.

Okami Ameras
Crew

Evolved Mystic

27,825 Points
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Advent Attendee 50

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:47 pm
Prof. Moonie
Hiddochi wolf
I seriously sat there trying to write a thread topic for 15+ minutes, deleting and rewriting stuff every few minutes until I just gave up. Maybe I just need to be more impulsive and hit "submit" anyway, even if I change my mind about posting...

I know the feeling. I've had a few instances where I'm like "Hey! I should make a thread about that in Why Not" and then halfway through creating it, I go "Ehh... nevermind". xd

I think we've all done it. xd  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces