Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:23 pm
User Image

It was an uneventful day so far, but Icarus was out doing what he did best- indulging. Always indulging. He'd only learned very mild moderation in his years, having never really found any particular reason to tone down his frivolous ways. Instead he spent most of his time wandering from pride to rogue land and back again, poking his head in on things and being nosy while remaining hidden.

Today he felt like having a bit of fun, though, and something as silly as not knowing where to start was hardly going to stop him from doing just that.

He descended upon an unsuspecting pride some time in the morning, roaming the edges of the lands first, then slowly further in- invisible -manipulating his illusion so that he wouldn't appear before the mortals just yet. He was looking for someone particularly interesting to show himself to and he hadn't yet settled on a target...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:46 pm
Tahja Estes

User Image

She was stretching her paws. A leisurely walk around the well traveled paths. Mostly she was taking delight in getting others to move out of her way, or stare them down until they did. Her perfectly purple mate was off doing something, she really wasn't sure. Only that he wasn't with another lioness.

Juitris took her time to look down her nose at a couple of unfortunate non-nobles. Bah. There was far too many out today. Why was she walking anyhow? Oh that's right. The performers were doing one she'd seen a hundred times already. How boring. With no one to go with, she didn't want to see it again. Hence walking. A change of view would be enough to perk her up, or yelling at those who didn't move fast enough for her might.

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:55 pm
magnadearel

At first Icarus wasn't sure what was going on when the commotion started. Lions were moving this way and that, murmurs had started up. When he found the source and saw exactly WHY creatures were scrambling to clear a path he actually felt his brow arching in surprise- which didn't happen very often.

Wow. Wow, wow, wow he'd definitely just found a winner with this one. Both stunned and amused he continued to watch as she drew nearer, then decided to have a little fun.

Slipping off behind a large tree he took on a mortal guise- keeping his coloring precisely the same but disguising his wings and tail feathers. When he rounded from the other side of the tree he was both visible and appeared mortal. Casual as all get out he made his way across the female's path, at least having enough restraint to forgo the urge to plant himself down in her way. He kept moving, instead, but slowly, as if taking everything in at his own pace.

Lets just see where this encounter would go.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:02 pm
Tahja Estes

It was all going well enough. She only had to snarl at a couple lions to get them to move their butts out of her way. Then she wound up behind a slow moving male. Of all things. Juitris curled her lip at his back. No purple. Not a drop. And he was going so slow! Not that she was going fast or anything, but she didn't wait on commoners.

"Clear the path Commoner." Juitris put on every inch of authority she had as a noble. He should get off the path as soon as he hears me speak, she thought. Like every other good commoner did. Commoners where so, ugh common. She should go mingle with others who had at least some purple.

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:30 pm
magnadearel

Oh, she really was going to call him out on it. That was too rich.

While Icarus did indicate that he'd heard her loud and clear he only indicated such by stopping in his tracks and turning to face her, an eyebrow raised- as if to ask if she were addressing him.

I'm sorry, were you speaking to me, miss?

As if he didn't already know. Really. He was curious how she'd respond to someone's lack of response to her obvious authority, however.

I'm new to these parts. Maybe you could clear something up for me.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:40 pm
Tahja Estes

Juitris perforce had to stop when the male did. She barely contained her growl of impatience. How stupid was he?! The female took a deep breath as she glared at him. Of course he would be new, and be in her way. Why did this always happen to her?

"Yesss, I was. There is nothing hard to understand! I say move yourself out of my way and you clear the path. Even a commoner as dense as you should be able to figure it out." Was that her teeth grinding from jaws clenched too tightly? Juitris forced herself to relax just a bit. "Since you're new I will be helpful and give a bit of advice. Anyone with purple on their coat is Noble, and anyone," she glanced out of the corner of her eyes at him, "without, that's you by the way, is not. When a Noble gives an order any non-noble should follow it. Promptly," she emphasized. Pointed looking at him, then the side of the path.

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:02 am
magnadearel

That is pretty helpful, but- He went on, pretending to be ignorant and oblivious to her blatant hinting. is there a reason you can't just go around instead? It seems like it would be a bit quicker than stopping to take the time to berate a lowly commoner like myself. Especially since you're in such a hurry?

Karma was probably going to have a wicked way with him later, but for now he just couldn't get over the way this female was working herself up so much over such an- in his eyes -insignificant slight. Mortals hadn't changed much over the years.

How would she take it, he entertained the thought, if he used an illusion to turn himself entirely purple from ear to tail tip? It was an idea that he stored away in the back of his mind for before the encounter was done, but they were only just getting started and he didn't want to ruin his fun and spoil the surprise so soon.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:08 am
Tahja Estes

This time she swore she could hear her teeth grinding as she tried not to lash at this imbecile. "Because that is not how it is done in this pride. Commoners clear the way for nobles. I do not move aside for you. You move aside for me. Clearly you have less than the normal brains of a commoner. Pity anyone let you in." Juitris sneered. He was really getting under her skin!

"Fine have it your way." The female lowered her head and starting walking toward him. If he wouldn't move himself, then she was going to move him! She wasn't going to wait around for him anymore to get the hint. Some lions were just so freaking stupid!

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:30 pm
magnadearel

She was determined, and quite serious! Oh goodness. Now it REALLY took all his efforts not to laugh out loud. Unfortunately they weren't good enough and he couldn't contain his amusement any longer. She had every right to be ticked, considering that. He wanted to wait and see how far she'd go just to continue on her current path- though to be fair he could understand her not wishing to relent, in a way. A being of station seldom felt like indulging their lessors.

I don't think I've ever met such a stubborn female before. Do you really mean to move me yourself, then? I think you'll find that rather difficult.

Part of his illusion included reducing his size a bit. Generally gods were larger than mortals- at least in his case he was. Really he could appear any size he wanted, and that played to his benefit when he was trying to blend in like now.

Of course he was basically giving himself away at this point, or close to it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:05 pm
Tahja Estes
Hahahha poor Juitris. XD She still thinks he's a commoner, I can have her realize he's a god if you want. Lol.

The lioness doggedly continued ahead, head down. Stubborn?! He thinks I'm stubborn?! She wanted to growl at him, but it would have been unlady like. Nobles didn't growl, but she really wanted to.

"We wouldn't be doing this if you'd just moved when you were told to!" Juitris just kept going, until she ran head first into the male. Difficult. She'd show him difficult! The female pushed and shoved her head against him. This was an insult to all Nobles! The leaders were going to hear about this when she got him, and they were going to get an earful! Juitris tried one more forceful shove with her head. Why wasn't his fat butt moving?!

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:15 pm
magnadearel
He might not have the self-control to hide it anymore at this point. LOL - It's okay if she did If anything he's acting like an extremely RUDE commoner.

Well, one way or another Juitris was getting her way, because Icarus could no longer hold himself upright for how hard he was laughing. He sort of fell onto his side, maybe purposely letting her think she'd managed to move the black mountain of fur. Unfortunately he wasn't quite done having his fun, though, even if all he was doing at the moment was lying there consumed by his mirth.

Oh... oh I haven't laughed this hard since I was a cub! The look on your face! I'd almost forgotten how much fun mortals were.

magnadearel
Yep. No self control.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:12 am
Tahja Estes
Lol!

The proud female nearly feel herself when the male went down. She barely kept her feet as her bracelets and necklaces clicked together. Juitris looked on in bafflement at the laughing lion. Laughing? Why was he laughing? Somehow she felt he was laughing at her, and was not pleased. Then his words registered and her head jerked back.

"Mortals? What do you mean by that?" Perhaps someone should tell him he was as mortal as she was.

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:35 pm
magnadearel

Finally the lion seemed to relent to at least ONE of her demands questions. Once he'd visibly calmed down enough to stop laughing he shifted, catching his breath and grinning at the other.

Then he winked, and by the time his eye had opened again he'd changed appearance, just that fast. His real size became apparent, for one, much larger than most mortals, a bit bigger than one of the Firekin males, but lacking their coloring completely. His wings stretched out from his sides for a moment as if shaking out after being cramped under the illusion. Lush feathers spread from his backside, covering his tail, which ended in a yellow tuft of fur. His spots appeared, his swirls as well on his legs, and his necklaces. Really the image of the plain and dull colored male was gone in an instant, leaving this jovial, laughing god in his wake.

Icarus, god of indulgence, at your service miss.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 pm
Tahja Estes
Poor girl is utterly speachless. Lol! Want to do a last post with him flying away or something?

Juitris gave a half step back in surprise as the male suddenly seemed to expand. He was suddenly a totally different creature. His coloring was changed, his tail wasn't a tail anymore, but elegantly marked feathers, and he was bigger. The female gapped, her mouth opening and closing as she stared. "What the.... How did.... Huh?!?!?!"

There was something else that she couldn't pin down at first. She backed up another step as he spread his wings. Wings! This lion.... no more like abomination had wings! Juitris felt like her eyes would pop out of her head. That her jaw would fall and hit her feet. This was totally unexpected. She stood there making incoherent sounds.

magnadearel

Tahja Estes

Fashionable Loiterer

4,475 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:08 pm
magnadearel
Sorry! I missed your quoted text before. If you want we could do that and I could edit my post, or I could have him take off in the next reply!

For her sake Icarus really did try containing his mirth this time. He hadn't expected her to be quite THIS shocked, after how she'd been acting before the contrast was almost too much. Somehow he did manage, though, and patiently waited for her to get over her surprise. In the meantime his wings refolded and tucked themselves neatly at his sides again. So very many witty one-liners passed through his mind while he waited for her to recover.

What's the matter, cat got your tongue?

Is fly-catching some sort of new game I haven't heard about?

If you're trying to speak you might want to try opening and closing your mouth to form the words.

He kept them all to himself, they were just a means to pass the time for the moment. Eventually he did feel it was getting excessive, though, her eyes widening a little further with that second step back. So with a gentle verbal nudge, an eyebrow arching curiously-

You alright, miss...?

[IC] Suka'Fumo Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces