Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Climbing the beanstalk (Nevada/Jack)[Fin~] Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:49 pm
Nevada had been studying the new lifer from her section of the labs. He was huge, like a giant. The only other tall hunters she had seen like him was Tuck and Dakota. and both of them were at 6'5...at least she knew that from the data base for the moon hunter. Tuck on the other hand was personal. She was short, 5'6, and when she had to tilt her head up super far well...

But her gaze was one of admiration. She liked tall guys.

It was lucky she didn't know anything about this hunter, otherwise she'd've shot him right in the d**k and then punched him the face.

Instead she leaned back from the computer, filling out her findings from the argus training with Taym and improvements. After that, she continued to study the green haired hunter.

Ol-j-Man

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:57 am
Jack was a somewhat experienced man at this point in his life. He knew when someone was watching him, for one--stares were the norm for a guy who was freakishly tall, let alone with green hair. So he pretended to ignore it in the beginning as he flipped through previous lab reports, scanning them with his reading glasses.

And then, occasionally, he passed the girl surreptitious looks. Just brief ones to determine how shy this particular one was at being caught, short enough that in a blink they never happened.

(( Oh, how wonderful! You are already attracting attention! )) Owain chortled, pleased. For what better way to make friends?

Mmhmm. Friends.

After a time he flipped the stapled pages and picked up his pen, moving towards the girl and settling at the computer diagonal to her. He needed to start carving his digital niche in the archives and signed in, casually leaning back as he waited for the computer to load.

(( Will you not engage her? ))

Quiet.

xNyxtsuki Moon
yes go climb his beanstalk

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:43 am
Nevada's hands tapped steadily on the keyboard, waiting for a opportune moment to engage the taller hunter in any sort of conversation. She didn't quite catch his looks because she had to focus on the compute, and well, being half blind left for a lot of typing errors that needed to be corrected.

She heard the gentle scrape of chair, flicked her eye up to watch him sit close enough for her to get a good look at his face, and my what a handsome one he was as well, as well as giving her ample time and space to think of a witty flirtation.

Oh who was she kidding....

"I'm guessing you hear this a lot, but you are super tall Handsome, It's eye catching." She tilted her head over the computer and smiled at him. "I'm Nevada, of the mist division. What's your name handsome?"

Yes tell who you were, because she was very interested in knowing.

Ol-j-Man
I'll show you climbing a beanstalk >:U

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:00 pm
(( Your method is so odd. If it is clear the ghoul is watching, why not-- ))

Shut up and watch.

And sure enough, the chick spilled; Jack ignored Owain's musing noises. "Mm?" he hummed, turning to look at this Nevada as though he hadn't noticed her before. Long hair, green eyes--eye. What could he say, he had a type. "Handsome? Me? Are you certain you don't mean that fine gentleman across from me?" he asked, pointing out a slick-haired fellow walking away from the monitor on the other side of the table.

"Ah, I suppose you do mean me." He broke into an amicable grin. "You flatter me, Miss Nevada~ Most don't use such niceties as 'eye-catching' in reference to my height. Jack Hawthorn, recently unpodded Life Hunter," he greeted, languidly offering his hand. "Though of course you could pick that up from the coat and the new trainee smell, I imagine. Now what could I help you with, sweet thing?"

Nyxtsuki Moon
das de spirit~

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 am
Nevada smiled at him, resting her chin in her hand. She may have looked over the hunter leaving but not longer than two seconds or so. "Looking at you Hun." She commented before laughing.

"I do mean you." She watched him play his little game, enjoying it. "I don't see why not, Between that and your green hair, you're sure to stand out. Well added to the eyes an the form well..." She shrugged, "Nice to meet you Mr. Hawthorn. Jack." She tested the name, wondering why it rang a bell.

Jack Jack Jack.........It was on the tip of...

"You guessed it, it's the pristine white of your jacket, followed by the innocent eyes that haven't quite faced death once or twice." She leaned back in her seat. "I just like to welcome you to the Island, get a feel for you. I work Life and Death division the most out of the divisions, filling since both of them are the most paperwork heavy."

"How old are you Handsome?" She just couldn't shake that she should know his name from somewhere.

Ol-j-Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:02 pm
"Heh." Innocent eyes? That was a new one. Oddly, Jack's smile increased just a little at the mention of death, less because he found it funny and more because he was still adjusting to the idea of peril on the job. "Well, now you're just making me blush. If I had known there would be such a beautiful welcoming committee for me, I would have woken up sooner~"

He was about to ask her how she worked two divisions when he remembered: Mist. Right. "What, they got you working your pretty little eye off?" Jack asked, gaze trailing between her good and bad one. "Shame; I'd hate to see it strained. I would be happy to assist, of course, if you don't mind my catching up."

Owain crooned in his jess because awww look, he was making friends!

"As for age, I am twenty," Jack informed her as an afterthought.

Nyxtsuki Moon

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:50 pm
"You're not bad at flattering yourself handsome." She chuckled, turning her chair to lift herself up out of it gracefully, hair dropping to her waist. "I don't often hear a guy say that he'd wake up just for the pretties, but to be honest, I would wake up for the sheer beauty of this Island." She cocked her head up thoughtfully, "I think you'll have to search far and wide to find someone NOT beautiful on the Island."

She turned again, lifting the giant stack of mission reports that needed to be filed as well as a couple of files of hunters. One of Stormy, Herself, Alaska, Otto, Evan, Sasha....Not really file files, just notes from various death trainings on each of the hunters.

"Reports my lovely friend. Reports for days..." She sighed, "Reports for weeks considering the pile. And files on hunters from the anonymous site as well as various death trainee's trying to get their stealth training down." Her hand came up to tap the bandage, not sure how to take his comment. It was only because of the eye, that she had been working much harder.

"I don't mind you catching up, I can separate the pile into smaller piles and you can come sit by me handsome and we can lean in close and whisper all the naughty secrets." She smiled at him. "Mission reports are the up most important, The death leader is very specific on which ones to keep and which ones not."

Jack, 20 years. 6'5 or taller, Green hair, Life hunter. Nevada filtered the information away as she studied him a bit longer, masking it over her usual flirty lazy smile. "Come on handsome, come sit by me, I don't bite....hard. Or on the first date."

Ol-j-Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 pm
He begged to differ (there were quite a few ugly things on this island already, mostly of the awfully hair dyed variety), but he smiled nevertheless. "How could I refuse?" Gathering his binder and pen, Jack left his monitor and settled down beside Nevada, taking the liberty of scooting his chair closer to her.

He scanned the names on the folders ("Stormy"? "Alaska"? He raised a brow and wondered what special ed reject decided code names were necessary) before cracking his binder open: a way to jot notes down on the processes of his soon-to-be life long job. "Let's cut the work down from weeks to days, hmm?" Jack said encouragingly, chuckling at the mention of naught secrets. "Office gossip already? Do tell~"

He did not mind all the looks she gave him; rather, he basked and appreciated it the way a cat would. This one was a good pick~

"I admit to enjoying a little nibble here and there," he purred, mimicking Nevada's lazy smile. "After all, how do you know if something is good or not without a taste?"

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:52 am
She scooted to accommodate his long legs, and my, he had long legs and she certainly had to tip her head MUCH farther than she thought. She wondered if he thought of them little people down at the vertically challenged people. Especially herself.

"I see you see the creative names." She had seen the shift in his eyes before chuckling. "Alaska is my twin sister, and our parents thought are names as very amusing jokes for them." She tapped Stormy's file, "This one here is my roommate, And she doesn't like her real name. Stormy is cuter anyways, and her boyfriend Gale make them quite the uh....Weather filled relationship of the Island."

She shifted half her pile over to him, leaning close and pointing at some of the documents. "Death division looks for anything that helps with current researches. Such as and not limited to, Insanity, FEAR, Conversions, Golems, Artifacts and Runic devices to further enhance our living experience." She pulled one sheet out, from a certain assistant Death leader.

"This is a example of what Caelius DOESN'T want in his division." She held him up, and if you looked at the description, it did mention artifacts...of the jedi mind power tricks and how runic lightsabers were the next best thing to the runic toaster and why he never got a promotion....

"Oh but Handsome, Secrets will cost more." She smiled at him, tucking Mark's report into the folder that said TRASH.

"I like to lap around, get a feel, and then when it's least expected, go in for the bite." She turned her gaze over to him, with hints of what could be before looking away. "I always wondered that. It's not like you can enjoy the apple until you take a bite of it. It's only then that you know its...sinfully delicious." She let that ride on lower more seductive voice. "And yet another wonder that death division assistant lead is the assistant." This time it was a good report filed under her fold of NOT TRASH.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:13 am
"I see: Alaska and Nevada, I should have known. You must be lucky to have family around." Delightful. All situations were better if the girl had a twin, after all, ridiculous names or not.

He nodded as if he cared to hear about the other relationship, the names barely a blip on his radar as he surveyed his new pile of work. "Death works closely with Life, I remember. They all sound like interesting projects," Jack mused, half-distracted by the ridiculous information he was gleaning about this . . . "Mark" character, according to the file.

(( My word, Jack, we have a lot of catching up to do! you simply must be ready to pick them up when this . . . energy source is renewed. ))

G-man, pipe down. I'm busy.

A corner of his mouth quirked at Nevada's increasingly overt flirtations, pleased with how this was escalating. Maybe he would get something out of this after all; Islands did, after all, always have its selection of desperate girls. "It will cost more what, sweet thing?" he asked in a softer voice and with a lop-sided grin. "All I have to give right now is my time, unfortunately; my money is frozen and my possessions are little."

Nyxtsuki Moon

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 12:32 pm
"Very lucky, it's not often that siblings or relatives come to the Island with you." She looked away, "We are dead after all....to anyone we know. Our family and friends. We aren't even allowed to go near our homes. Or in the state where we'd be recognized." Not like Maine was a big catch or anything. "They do, which is why I tend to stick to the two of the divisions." She blew her bangs up.

"But they have ten times the amount of work, and very soon, you'll be learning just how much." Life of course had the more intricate of the divisons, being the team that did the research of FEAR, processing it for everyday hunter life.

"Time is not a bad bargaining chip after all." She filed another report under NOT TRASH, scanning each copy of her pile quickly. The faster she got this done after all, the more time she would have to play. "But for you, I'd think you'd find secrets so early on dull and unworthy of their actually leverage. Since you're new and all." She stopped at a report from Alaska, reading it before snorting. Her twin, always so eloquent.

"But time isn't the only bargaining chip on the Island. You can give time, and not give company. I much prefer company." She looked over at him, smiling, "Do you like to nap? Cuddle? Have sex Jack?" She let the smile widened, "It's a small Island, and hunters are forever reaching out to find someone to relate to. Whether it be physically or emotionally or mentally." She filed another one away, unsure as to why she was even bringing up sex as a subject. She'd only slept with two people in her life, one off Island and one one Island.

It just happened to be nice and a feeling she missed.

"Some things are easy to miss here."

Ol-j-Man

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:12 pm
Something flickered in his eyes at the mention of death. "Yes, that makes sense," he commented off handedly, slowly rifling through his pile at his own pace; he would learn how to go faster soon enough, judging by the amount Nevada had been parsing before he got there. "Tabula rasa."

But as quick as the subtle shift had come, it left. He had other things to mull over first.

Like how disgustingly easy this woman--this girl was.

"Company is something I give sparingly," Jack said, giving her a sidelong look, one corner of his mouth lifting in a half-smile, almost shy even. "I am not particularly good at socializing, you see, and I do not think I know a face on this island. It's rather frightening, I admit, to be alone..." He allowed his shoulders to slump with a small sigh. "You are very right, however: it's natural for a human to reach out for company."

Setting the file down, Jack turned fully to her, his head still inclined as if their conversation was clandestine and private. "I was afraid I wouldn't be able to here, but...If you would have my company, sweet thing, then I would happily take it," he whispered, something akin to hope on his face. "By whatever means helps you. Though I must admit...Ah." He tilted his head, having the grace to look sheepish without blushing as he let his arm rest on the back of his chair, close to touching her.

"Forgive me for being so forward so soon, but you are very beautiful, Nevada. I know which of your options would suit me most, were you serious about them."

Nyxtsuki Moon

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:49 pm
"Yes, A clean slate." She looked again over at him, watching his features carefully. She didn't often talk to hunters about what happened before they came fore the Island, forever tripping over ground where hunters were concerned.

For the briefest moment, she thought maybe she had upset him. A brief chill of warning slid down her spine, Leroy whispering his discontent with the hunter before it vanished completely.

Her body went from stiff, her hands splayed against the papers to wary before numbing down to relaxation. How could a hunter who was adorably shy and cute like Jack be any danger?

"Oh Jack." She didn't reach over to him, finishing her pile before resting her chin in her hand to smile at him. "There is nothing worse than being alone in a place where the next day, you could die the same way you came in. If you're shy, maybe I could help ease you into friendships with others?" She pursued her lips.

The chill rose up again, a similar feeling to that of her ex-boyfriend. A snake in the grass, slithering its way to strike. To use and to forget. She had to strive to pretend that when he turned to her, she wasn't a bit bothered by it. She was friendly, a flirt. She wasn't shy. And he seemed dutifully so. It was really hard not to be charmed.

If not for the chills she kept getting.

"I'd like your company Jack." She cocked her head, turning to face him too, her knee's brushing with his. "And to get to know you better." She hesitated at his question.

Was she serious? Well cuddling and naps yes. She would forever be a snuggler. But sex? It was too soon to think of attempting to erase a memory of the only one that actually cared for her when they slept together. Tuck was many things, but when they had slept together, she had felt cared for. Loved.

She just wasn't sure if she would get that from Jack, barely knowing him.

"I appreciate your compliment Jack." She gave him a hesitant smile, her hands nervously playing with each other, "And forgive me for saying this, I am completely comfortable with myself and forget that sometimes things I say can give the wrong impression. If....and forgive me if I am assuming. If the option is sex, I will have to politely decline. Though you are by far one of the better looking of the hunters, I barely know you." She stood now, looking down at him. "And unfortunately, do not have the room living situations to invite you for that sort of activity. I think my roommate would be greatly displeased with me. If though, you ever want a warm body to hold at night...for ah...comforting reasons, than I'd be happy to." She leaned down to cup his cheeks. "I hope you know its nothing about you that isn't appealing. Just that I cherish sex as an act of complete friendship and care." She let his face go before gathering up her folders.

The chill had not left her now, and the need to escape, the wariness of making a mistake or worse allowing it to evolve in one lit fire on her heels.

She felt the familiar feel of being prey, but wasn't sure why. She had to be going crazy. Maybe she could talk to Stormy about it.

Ol-j-Man
I see you Jack, I see what you do. And I am running away :'| also enjoy the text wall.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 3:39 pm
Knees were a good sign, but every fiber of his being hissed curses at the girl for touching his face without his permission. Yet Jack simply reacted by pushing his chair back and sliding out of her grasp, for all the world simply an awkward, lanky man who was shy to the touch and had not expected it. His expression was one of shock and embarrassment as he touched his cheek. "Ah...Oh dear." He pushed his hair back in a self-conscious manner. "I am so, so sorry. I spoke without thinking and forgot myself. Again, socialization is not my forte..."

He cleared his throat, hands clasped neatly in his lap as he looked up at her earnestly. "I only meant that I would be honored to have you as a friend, in whatever capacity that means. I am in complete agreement with you: sex should be taken as the culmination of trust, which I must earn."

Owain murmured confused notes that he could easily ignore, as he had this whole conversation.

"I was thinking too much with a different head," Jack joked wryly, "and for that, I apologize, Nevada. It seems my time spent in the pods sapped me of more than simply communication skills." He shook his head at himself. "May I at least walk you to where you need to be? I don't like the idea of parting so...awkwardly. And it appears as though I will need all the help I can get."

Nyxtsuki Moon
: DDDDDDD

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:43 pm
Jesus, she felt like such an a** now.

Not only had she assumed but she had probably made the hunter hate her. All because he reminded her a bit of her ex. She really needed to grow up.

"I'm sorry I just." She relaxed again, trying to banish away the thoughts of running away. "I guess I can relate, After I came out of the pods, I didn't find many people to talk to." She let her grip on the papers loosen.

Seriously what was wrong with her, She'd be lucky that such a cute handsome baffled man was even a bit interested in her.

"Gosh, I feel like an a** now." She joked before shaking her head, "I'd be just as honored Jack for friendship, and if it develops into more." She shifted feet, "Do you want a tour of the Island? Show you where all the division lounges are? Let me make up for being so rude..." She smiled again, "That way we get to know each other and work on friendship?"

Ol-j-Man
freaking charmer.

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas