Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:36 pm
User Image

A wind rustled through the Laka nei forest, taking with it the smell of wild flowers. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, but there was a deep unrest. Dameon exhaled deeply, chickening out for the upteenth time to approach the area he remembered he and Starry made a home together. He had been away for so long...What would he find? Would there be another Pae in his place? Did she forget all about him? The last thought was almost more than he could bear. Did she hate him? He sat down on a fallen tree trunk, head collapsing into his hands. He knew he had a responsibility to contact her now that he was back, but the fear he felt made him visibly shake. What a mess he was in...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:54 pm
User ImageStarry was humming to herself, adjusting the satchel she'd tied around her waist. It had been a long time since she'd spent so much time on the beach, and even longer since she'd had so much fun. The starred demon flicked her tail back and forth, starting forward again.

She'd gathered so many shells while hanging out with Aulii. The thought made her blush, and feel like a young girl again at the same time. Oh guardians she enjoyed this too much. She was in such a good mood she'd almost ignored the large yellow...

"Daemon?!" Starry stopped in her tracks, frozen into place. It was like she was seeing a ghost. It couldn't be. There was no way in hell that he'd come back. Right after she had decided to move on! The shock in her voice was quick to change to anger. How dare he.

"What in the isle are you doing back here Daemon?" The blue one growled.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:06 pm
At his name he jumped as if physically struck, leaping onto his feet only collapse upon his knees with his head hung low. His heart pounded within his chest, sending a beat all the way to his extremities. He didn't look at her. How could he? What gave him the right to even glance at her? "I...Starry, I..." He swallowed hard, desperately trying to find the words he had played a million times in his head. "Shageki and Cressida are alright. I had to let you know. I came back as soon as I could...I swear I did..." He gritted his teeth, the normally gentle pae still visibly shaking. "I'm not here for forgiveness, I don't expect it. Neither do I deserve it. I just want to offer an explanation, if you decide you want to hear it."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:25 pm
Starry practically growled, clenching her fists. She was so peaceful normally. This was so very different for her, the peace loving demon was shaking. Be it from the anger of seeing him again, or the fact that Starry was realizing just how much she missed him. Oh she knew, she missed him with every ounce of her being for seasons, and he never once tried to contact her until now.

"It's been seasons Daemon! SEASONS! We've got great great great grandchildren now and you've never once made an attempt to even be in their life, or my own since you ran off! What makes you think I'd want to hear your pathetic little explanation for why you left me?" She spat, furious. If she hadn't just been coming from the beach she probably would have thrown something at him. As it was, thankfully, Starry didn't have her kitchen supplies to throw at the yellow demon in front of her.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:46 pm
He flinched when she spoke, slinking ever so slightly deeper and deeper into his shoulders with every word she spoke. "...so you'd stop asking yourself why..." The demon said softly, closing his eyes as he simply took in her fury. He deserved it. All of it. "If you want me gone, I'll disappear this instant and you'll never have to see me again. You can hear my explanation and then be rid of me. It'll never be alright again, but I want to dedicate my life to at least start. Even if it means leaving you to your new life." It hurt, badly to say those words. To imagine a life without Starry as even a friend...it seemed impossible.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm
Starry was fuming, loosening the rope she'd tied around her waist. She really never wanted to hear any of this. He'd come back just as she'd started moving on. The blue woman knew she couldn't keep moping around her tree forever. That's why she'd gotten out wasn't it? Why. That was the biggest question wasn't it? Why did he leave? Why did he come back? Why now? Maybe she should sit down and hear his explanation...

No no, she shouldn't sit. Starry grinned a bit to herself, there was fruit to be eaten, and drink to be had. Yes, the demon would let him speak. While she was in the kitchen. With pointy objects to throw at him if he angered her anymore. Guardians will, Starry didn't want to injure him.

"Fine. But not here. I'm not standing around waiting for you to man up and talk." Starry shook her head, red hair flying. "Lets go back to tree. You can tell me EVERYTHING there."

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:17 pm
As soon as she said 'fine' a brief spark of pure happiness spiked into his heart. He was allowed to at least accomplish what he came to her for. If nothing else, she was permitting him to be in her presence for a little longer. Slowly he stood. Wait. "The...tree..." sweatdrop Where she would have weapons. He knew well during their time together to stay on her side when her anger flared. But he'd take anything he could get. Still avoiding looking at her, he nodded his head before gesturing for her to go first. Defeated as he was, Dameon was first and foremost a clumsy gentleman.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:53 pm
Starry nodded, taking the bag of discarded shells and starting towards her tree. A brief moment of internal despair, all of the shells that she'd gathered with Aulii.. They were probably all smashed up now. Guardians be damned, Daemon...

The blue female fumed the entire trip, however short it was. Rather than pull on the tree's branches, Starry stretched her wings and flew into her home. Daemone had been there far too many times to not know how to enter. Or did he forget that when he ran off too? Starry grumbled to herself. It had been such a wonderful day, and her husband showed up and threw everything out of whack.

The only thing she could say for herself was that it was indeed better for her to remain silent while she seethed. He could explain while she cleaned. If he looked around there was evidence of another using the tree. Be it male or female, the signs weren't there. But it was certainly much messier than Starry had left it when they were still together.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:13 pm
He was smart enough to keep his space and silence the trip, looking only at her heels to be sure he didn't pass her. The sight of the tree house...a warm feeling. It was comforting, familiar. When she flew up, he easily pulled himself up on the branches, memories flickering in his mind. Up top, he quickly took a seat on the floor. The place...is still so beautiful. He didn't see the treehouse as the messy residence it was, but as the loving home it used to be. Where the two of them brought up three special pae. There was the place Junior first crawled, and where Shageki said his first word. He exhaled slowly, and focused on the floorboards. "I should start from the beginning...It was here... Raken found me here." He shook his head.

"The worst day of my life... I have never seen Raken as distraught as he was that day. I pray to the Guardians I wont ever again. He all but dragged me out, spouting nonsense. He didn't know what to do, and as the next eldest he came to me. By the time we reached our destination, I realized what he was so frantic about..." He gritted his teeth and tightened his fists. "Mom was dying."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:22 pm
Starry took a breath, trying to calm herself down. It didn't work. Green eyes closed, keeping them shut while she mechanically took care of her home. She placed her satchel in the corner, brushed her hands off and walked to the kitchen. Never once did she stop listening to Dameon. He was her husband, for all intents and purposes. He deserved this chance right?

Years. Seasons upon seasons. And it was because his mother died? Starry was furious. She was his wife for guardian's sake! Why wouldn't he come to her for comfort? Starry took another deep breath, picking a fruit, and a knife. The demon started to peel.

"Years... You've been gone years Dameon. I'm your wife! You should have come back here for comfort when she passed away!"

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:01 pm
"It's not the best explanation...but it's the truth. If I could have come back sooner I would have...I missed you so much." There was so much pain there. His body ached from the seasons of his ordeal, but his heart ached even more. "It took years because we had to save her." He loosened his grip, exhaling slowly. "Mom isn't a normal human. She's called a nymph. Over the seasons, the nutrients she got from our magical island started wrecking havoc on her. We had to get her out..." He reached up to rub his chest, as if physical touch could soothe his emotional wounds. "Raken figured it wouldn't take long, just take her to the nearest shore. With Shageki's and Cressida's help we managed to drag her out and into a boat. We were stupid and frantic. Maybe it would have been a short trip, but a storm came out of no where and blew us off track. It almost capsized the boat. By the time it was safe enough to fly up, we were no where near the island anymore."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:02 pm
Her fingers almost slipped. Almost. Her eyes narrowed. He left via boat... Seriously, how strange could this get. Starry sighed. finding a board to slice things onto. The blue demon's rage was cooling. She didn't have it in her to keep angry at anything for too long.

And he'd lost his mother. She'd lost hers too, but not in nearly the same manner. Starry frowned, slicing through a mango harder than she probably should have. Of course, he wasn't getting forgiveness any time soon, but she couldn't be too harsh on him.

"So it took you all this time to fly back?"

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:20 pm
"Simply...yes..." He exhaled deeply and shook his head. "The island is unknown. No one knows what or where it is. The local villagers stared at us like we were mutants. It was like trying to find a needle in a haystack... I refused to stop looking though. The kids refused to stop looking. We found multiple islands, but it took us seasons to find this one again." That was the story, as best as he could say it. There was only one thing left to do. "I cannot tell you how much I'm sorry. No amount of apologies could make up for it. I never wanted to hurt you, I never wanted to leave you. I love you, I've always loved you. I never stopped thinking about you...I'm so, so very sorry."  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:28 pm
Starry shook her head, continuing to slice into the fruits. Her chopping was still harder than it needed to be. She was still mad at him. Not the furious rage she'd had moments before, but it was still there. Something told her that it always would be.

"Dameon... It's been years... Season after season of being left alone.. Do you have any idea what that does to a girl? I understand you lost your mother, but good Guardians... You broke my heart Dameon!" Starry pressed a hand to her chest. "You promised to love me forever, to be with me till the end of time. And then you up and disappear! I've been moping around the isle waiting, hoping, wishing, you'd come back..." She took a deep breath, bracing herself to tell him about Aulii. No, that can wait. He didn't need to know right now.

The red head placed the sliced fruit onto a plate, putting it down for her husband to eat. "Eat. You look thin." Her voice was almost ice. Cold enough to send a shiver down her own spine.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

Tartara Seabreeze

Feral Kitten

11,190 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hunter 50
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 6:42 pm
Slowly he looked up, blue eyes focusing on her green for the first time in seasons. "I never meant to disappear from you. I wanted to be by your side until that end of time. I've missed to much, I'll never forgive myself. I could never expect you to forgive me." He offered a weak smile when she set down the plate. "The most I could possibly hope for is that you simply don't hate me." He reached down and tentatively took a piece of fruit. "The kids are dying to see you. Even Cressy. But I wanted to tell you what happened first."  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff