Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Hall of United Brethren

Back to Guilds

In this guild everyone is Gaian and everyone is equal! We are community based and friendly. Come join the fun and make new friends! 

Tags: Community, Friends, Gaia, Role Play, Unity 

Reply The Main Hall
What do you feel the guild needs? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:55 pm
Yep you! What would you like to see the guild do / have?
let me know.

if you haven't yet posted in the guild what would make you post?

if you have what would you like to see more of?

This guild is about you guys and we are nothing without your input so what would you like to see?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:07 pm
I'd like to see some of the rp ideas we've come up with start getting some attention. Once we start getting some more high profile rp's, it might attract more attention.  

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:25 pm
As someone who is in a lot of different guilds, I do have to say that there are a lot of subforums for the size of this guild. The more subforums you have, the less likely people are to use them, which is sad because the subforums here are super well-organized and well thought out. It's just a matter of having to remember where everything is, finding that one specific topic, etc.
That said, people might use them a bit more if we encourage it more.
It's a matter of convenience, really.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:45 pm
@ Alex: I believe it's more of a general RP problem. So many ideas are being tossed around, there isn't enough people picking one particular RP to start working on. Another problem could be that the theme doesn't meet people's taste. Mind you, I am somewhat allergic to science related stuff (blame highschool science teachers for that), and am more interested in those overly-done slice-of-life genre (school setting, bar, fantasy, etc).

@ Skitty: Maybe we should combine the towns subforums, and separate the towns via stickies. That should work, me-think.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 7:13 pm
Might actually begin setting up one or two of my ideas to promote them then.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:03 am
Yen Quest

Skitty-san

I sadly can't delete any subforums so we are stuck with the number we have. The town subforums came back after a lot of the older people asked for them back. If people would like them squished into one it is do-able but then what do the other three subforums become?

I don't want to leave them empty because that way it just puts people off even more. I am not sure people have even explored the town subforums but maybe thats my fault and the new people don't really know what to do in them.

Alex Trevell

Are you saying you want me to run more? I would love people to start RP's anyone is welcome too! I am a bit hesitant of GMing / DMing to many myself because it will just get samey. I am also not a structured GM and its pretty no holds bared when I do start them.  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Skitty-san

Aged Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:28 am
Makes sense.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:49 am
Skitty-san
Makes sense.

I am not saying its not a good idea to have all the towns in one. I think I did try it at some point. I just would have no clue what to put in the other subforums it leaves...  

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500

Alex Trevell

Mythical Tactician

23,340 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Rat Conqueror 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:25 pm
Nights-Rune
Yen Quest

Skitty-san

I sadly can't delete any subforums so we are stuck with the number we have. The town subforums came back after a lot of the older people asked for them back. If people would like them squished into one it is do-able but then what do the other three subforums become?

I don't want to leave them empty because that way it just puts people off even more. I am not sure people have even explored the town subforums but maybe thats my fault and the new people don't really know what to do in them.

Alex Trevell

Are you saying you want me to run more? I would love people to start RP's anyone is welcome too! I am a bit hesitant of GMing / DMing to many myself because it will just get samey. I am also not a structured GM and its pretty no holds bared when I do start them.

Alright, I'll begin some work on one of my rp ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Nights-Rune
Since there isn't really a purpose behind a town subforum (so far, at least), it's probably better to combine them. One could be for the 4 towns, and another could be for Media (discussions on anime, games, movies, music, etc). I've yet to figure out what should go for the other two. Maybe the third could be for guild events/contests, but I think those sorts of threads are better fit for the main part of the guild's forum, I think. Not too sure though.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:10 pm
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune
Since there isn't really a purpose behind a town subforum (so far, at least), it's probably better to combine them. One could be for the 4 towns, and another could be for Media (discussions on anime, games, movies, music, etc). I've yet to figure out what should go for the other two. Maybe the third could be for guild events/contests, but I think those sorts of threads are better fit for the main part of the guild's forum, I think. Not too sure though.

thing is there has not been a demand for that subforum yet. if people all want a subforum I can replace the town ones.

Edit: however thinking on it the polarity of these subforums sky rockets at summer events.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:24 pm
Nights-Rune
thing is there has not been a demand for that subforum yet. if people all want a subforum I can replace the town ones.
I believe a media subforum is a good idea since we can share interests that are outside of Gaia's realm, such as, say, Pokemon, Vocaloids, Homestuck, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, etc. The chatterbox subforums can house those types of threads too, but I think it's more known for random spurts of light discussions. But you're right, we do need more demand for such subforums. Until we figure out what the other 2 subforums gonna be, maybe we can consider changing it.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:54 pm
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune
I believe a media subforum is a good idea since we can share interests that are outside of Gaia's realm, such as, say, Pokemon, Vocaloids, Homestuck, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, etc. The chatterbox subforums can house those types of threads too, but I think it's more known for random spurts of light discussions. But you're right, we do need more demand for such subforums. Until we figure out what the other 2 subforums gonna be, maybe we can consider changing it.

I am not ok with leaving them as coming soon though as it kept killing the guild in the past. Empty subforums are not good.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 4:57 pm
Nights-Rune

I am not ok with leaving them as coming soon though as it kept killing the guild in the past. Empty subforums are not good.
I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page. I don't think it's good having empty subforums either, which is why I'm wondering what the other two subforums should be before deciding to start changing them.  

Yen Quest

Tiny Shapeshifter

Nights-Rune
Captain

Hilarious Bear

16,600 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:02 pm
Yen Quest
Nights-Rune

I'm pretty sure that we're on the same page. I don't think it's good having empty subforums either, which is why I'm wondering what the other two subforums should be before deciding to start changing them.

Yeah I am found of what the town subforums were back in the day when people supported their towns a lot more.

On a side note there are now games for people to play to win gold as they chat about fishing in any of the lake threads.  
The Main Hall

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff